Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,879 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (650) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1646811 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JO01: 3:48pm On Dec 13, 2021
Good day to you all. Please who has information about code for application fee waiver at University of Wisconsin,Madison. Although deadline for application is 15th December.
@ all. Thanks in advance

Please any info on this? @all
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kiiishiii: 3:53pm On Dec 13, 2021
Amazingg11:
My sister and I got our visa approved since a week ago and she has been told to come pick up her passport like 5days ago and I’m yet to get any mail .I mailed them and they said no status available for this applicant .please has anyone ever been in this situation?

My interview was on Wednesday and I already got the mail since Friday. I picked my passport this morning. Try to track your passport.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bnad: 4:02pm On Dec 13, 2021
Please can the people who went for the visa interview this week post their transcript… please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lawrence7: 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2021
Visa Approved today in Abuja 2nd Attempt
COA: 40k
Funding: In-State Tuition, Personal funds, Student loan from Mpower finance
Others: GRE-328, IELTS - 8.5

1st Attempt 7th September
I initially applied to with all the same details however my funding at the time was different. All the costs were shouldered by a friend

I was interviewed by the young white man on window 8

VO: Good morning, How are you doing
Me: I am doing well thank you
VO: Please pass me your documents, Where are you going?
Me: The University of Missouri to study Medical Informatics
VO: I can see you have an in state tuition? Who will be paying for your deficit?
Me: A friend of mine who has been responsible for my education for a while will foot the bill
VO: Why?
Me: The person has been helpful through my undergraduate days and would like to pay for me graduate studies
VO: I am sorry, you do not qualify at this time according to US Law. This blue paper will tell you why

I was discouraged but I read as much of this thread as i could, Asked more experienced people and was advised to try again with a different funding source

2nd Attempt 13th December. I was interviewed by the balding white man.

VO: Why this course?
Me: The program focuses on applications of IT in improving healthcare, As a medical doctor, I have an interest in improving healthcare especially in Nigeria where there is a lot of room for improvement in the healthcare sector (Something along those lines)
VO: What do you intend to do when you finish?
Me: As part of my research into the program i also looked at post study employment opportunities in Nigeria and found that there is a lot of demand especially in the private sector, As such, i intend to return to put the skills i gained to good use.
VO: I can see you have an in state tuition, how will you pay the rest?
Me: I took out a student loan with Mpower finance for 25k dollars with a maximum of 100k. I also have personal funds of 4k dollars
VO: How will you pay for next year?
Me: The loan can be extended up to a 100k so i will utilize that.
VO: Have you left Nigeria in the last 2 weeks?
Me: No, I have not.
VO: Alright, everything looks good here. I will be approving your visa. This paper will tell you all you need to pick up your passport.
Me: Thank you sir. Have a great day.

I am open to answering any questions. Preferably here so everyone can learn as well.

Also I was so nervous but I did my best to sound confident and not be discouraged by the blue papers flying about.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bnad: 4:30pm On Dec 13, 2021
lawrence7:

I initially applied to with all the same details however my funding at the time was different. All the costs were shouldered by a friend

VO: I can see you have an in state tuition? Who will be paying for your deficit?
Me: A friend of mine who has been responsible for my education for a while will foot the bill
Me: The person has been helpful through my undergraduate days and would like to pay for me graduate studies
VO: I am sorry, you do not qualify at this time according to US Law. This blue paper will tell you why

I was discouraged but I read as much of this thread as i could, Asked more experienced people and was advised to try again with a different funding source

Me: The program focuses on applications of IT in improving healthcare, As a medical doctor, I have an interest in improving healthcare especially in Nigeria where there is a lot of room for improvement in the healthcare sector (Something along those lines)
Me: As part of my research into the program i also looked at post study employment opportunities in Nigeria and found that there is a lot of demand especially in the private sector, As such, i intend to return to put the skills i gained to good use.
Me: I took out a student loan with Mpower finance for 25k dollars with a maximum of 100k. I also have personal funds of 4k dollars
VO: Alright, everything looks good here. I will be approving your visa. This paper will tell you all you need to pick up your passport.

I am open to answering any questions. Preferably here so everyone can learn as well.

Also I was so nervous but I did my best to sound confident and not be discouraged by the blue papers flying about.
Thank you!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2021
lawrence7:

This is good. Well detailed.
May the rest of the steps be easier. ��

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 4:37pm On Dec 13, 2021
Ihategirls:
You are right. I heard some agents are getting interview dates for people even in this December sef

Na dem know as dem dey take run am

But the question now is, do you have link to any sure agent ? My little sis needs a date in December or early January

Her school resumes 20th January

Have you tried applying for expedited appointment? If not, try that. As students we have higher chances.
Best of luck�

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Doubuzofficial: 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2021
Bros, kindly send me your number.... I am going to New Haven but i'm yet to go for my interview.

Here is my number 08036645364

Please do put a call through if you can baba.

you too much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 4:41pm On Dec 13, 2021
ifejegede:

I’ve been unable to create a profile on the US embassy website talk less about booking an appointment but I have my all my payments done ds160 and visa fee

Same thing was experienced on Saturday when a friend was trying to create new profile. Send a mail to them with your full name and email address and state the issue. They will create a profile for you and send your username and password which you can change immediately you login.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Doubuzofficial: 4:41pm On Dec 13, 2021
Baba how body??
I am going to New Haven too.... can i have your number

i havent gone for interview sha but i know all is possible.... here is my number (08036645364)

Thanks.

Otogie1:
Hello everyone.
Please I had my interview today at Lagos with 50% scholarship and I was denied. And I’ve been wondering what went wrong

Below is my transcript

VO: good morning

Me: good morning sir

VO: where are you going to?

Me: I am going to University of New Haven at West Haven, Conneticut in the US to study and obtain a masters degree in human resource management and I will be concentrating in Employee relations.

VO: Why did you choose the University?

Me: I chose the university of new Haven for many reasons but these are my major reasons

Firstly, I chose new Haven because from my research i found out that it is a school that will position me for success in my Carrier path with the aid of their career development center which is one of the best in the nation. They will do this through their phenomenal and unconventional method of teaching most especially through their project based learning. It is a school that is positioned to turn my passion for HR into a rewarding life and a fulfilling career.
Secondly, I chose the University of new haven because it offers Human resource management with a concentration in employee relations which is actually my area of interest to help me acquire necessary HR skills to achieve my goal in increasing employees’ productivity and performance and also resolve or manage workplace disputes in my current workplace.
Lastly, I was awarded a 50% dean’s scholarship. These are my reasons why I chose the school

VO: Who is paying for your trip?

Me: my dad

VO: What does he do?

Me: He’s a clergyman and he owns a Chruch here in Lagos and he equally owns and manages a school here in Lagos with my mum

VO: Have you traveled out of Nigeria before?

Me: yes sir I have. I traveled to Ghana in 2012 with my family for the December vacation.

Then Boom!!! ...... Blue paper. I wan mad
Please any suggestions as to what went wrong ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 4:43pm On Dec 13, 2021
Birosi:
[/color][color=#000099][color=#006600][/color]
Please is there any undergraduate student who has gone for the visa interview here?

Yes

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Emmyjack20: 4:45pm On Dec 13, 2021
lawrence7:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 4:49pm On Dec 13, 2021
phemorhino:
Please house, has anyone here applied for masters at University of Denver? I just realised it is a private university. The school make sense?

Yes you can. I have a friend there that resumed this September with full funding. Take a shot

Best of luck�

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2021
Waskylala:

Send a message to this mail: Support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MountainTop34: 4:53pm On Dec 13, 2021
lawrence7:

Pls what's your travel history like?, Marital status? and is it the white young male that interview you the first time that was also present? Thanks, Mine is tomorrow
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xxxscholar: 4:54pm On Dec 13, 2021
Amazingg11:
My sister and I got our visa approved since a week ago and she has been told to come pick up her passport like 5days ago and I’m yet to get any mail .I mailed them and they said no status available for this applicant .please has anyone ever been in this situation?

Your interview was over a week ago but you didn't post your transcript here. Now you need help you are here waiting for someone to reply to you. Is this fair?

13 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lawrence7: 5:11pm On Dec 13, 2021
MountainTop34:

Pls what's your travel history like?, Marital status? and is it the white young male that interview you the first time that was also present? Thanks, Mine is tomorrow

No travel, never been married, the young white male that interviewed me the first time was present but I was interviewed by the balding guy.

All the best tomorrow. Just sort out your story and you should be okay

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Badguy001(m): 5:12pm On Dec 13, 2021
Hello, everyone,

What are the best ways to answer these questions on the DS160 Form?

1. Have you made specific travel plans?
The options are Yes or No.
What are the implications of each answer?
Can they penalise you for a 'no' since you have not booked your flight?

2. Intended Length of Stay
Do you put the program duration?

3. Person/Entity paying for your trip?
What does this mean? Is it talking about your source of funding or who is paying the flight cost?

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xxxscholar: 5:28pm On Dec 13, 2021
Badguy001:
Hello, everyone,

What are the best ways to answer these questions on the DS160 Form?

1. Have you made specific travel plans?
The options are Yes or No.
What are the implications of each answer?
Can they penalise you for a 'no' since you have not booked your flight?

2. Intended Length of Stay
Do you put the program duration?

3. Person/Entity paying for your trip?
What does this mean? Is it talking about your source of funding or who is paying the flight cost?

Thank you.

1. It is advised you don't make travel plans until you get your Visa so your answer should be NO

2. Exactly what is in your i20.

3. source of funding (sponsor)

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ihategirls(m): 5:49pm On Dec 13, 2021
UmmZayd:

Have you tried applying for expedited appointment? If not, try that. As students we have higher chances.
Best of luck�
Many students on here applied for expedited appointment and got denied or got no response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Badguy001(m): 5:51pm On Dec 13, 2021
xxxscholar:

1. It is advised you don't make travel plans until you get your Visa so your answer should be NO

2. Exactly what is in your i20.

3. source of funding (sponsor)

OK. Well noted. Thank you.
However, how about cases of mixed funding? The allotted space does not provide for you to list more than one sponsor.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bright001(m): 5:54pm On Dec 13, 2021
Good day everyone in this wonderful house please my wife and I are planning next year for her to leave for her PHD as a microbiologist in the United States (USA) please what ate the documents we need to put in place please thanks RASAP.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bright001(m): 5:57pm On Dec 13, 2021
Good day everyone in this wonderful house please my wife and I are planning next year for her to leave for her PHD as a microbiologist in the United States (USA) please what are the necessary documents we need to put in place please thanks RASAP.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 6:28pm On Dec 13, 2021
Ihategirls:
Many students on here applied for expedited appointment and got denied or got no response

Yes I heard about that too but I can't say there's a reason why. Even an affected friend called after and they said there's nothing they can do so he had to go with January date which is before his resumption.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dfutbolar: 6:29pm On Dec 13, 2021
SaintBees:

Just spoke with a call agent in the embassy, he said as a student i always qualify for emergency visa, so whats the way like this when everywhere don dey booked?

From 60days to your resumption you can apply for your EA.... I think even normal dates are filled till September I don't think EA won't have exceptions
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phemorhino(m): 6:36pm On Dec 13, 2021
UmmZayd:

Yes you can. I have a friend there that resumed this September with full funding. Take a shot

Best of luck�
Thank you so much for this info. Did your friend put in for masters or phd?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SaintBees(m): 6:42pm On Dec 13, 2021
Doubuzofficial:
Bros, kindly send me your number.... I am going to New Haven but i'm yet to go for my interview.

Here is my number 08036645364

Please do put a call through if you can baba.

you too much.
I'm going to new Haven in Connecticut too my guy, how far, let's talk more
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by underarmour: 6:58pm On Dec 13, 2021
This information was just now posted on the Reddit website in the grad admissions community page.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Taciturnity: 7:16pm On Dec 13, 2021
Hope yours didn't upset your body system like mine did.. BTW.. Optima hotel is close to the consulate.
KeriBaby:
Lol I just took my first dose today

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kaygirl33: 7:50pm On Dec 13, 2021
lawrence7:

Congratulations dear!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kiiishiii: 8:05pm On Dec 13, 2021
Good evening guys, sorry to divert the group a little. I need a flight to the US and I don’t know if they are still talking about countries to not have stop overs at cause my V.O said nothing about all that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Badguy001(m): 8:05pm On Dec 13, 2021
lawrence7:

Congrats, bro! You went back to the drawing board and made the right adjustments! Nice!

If I may ask, considering that your funding is literally mixed, what did you fill in the DS160 form in the section "Person/Entity paying for your trip"?

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.