Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,362 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (651) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644290 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KokaEmpire: 8:43pm On Dec 13, 2021
Anyone going to Indianapolis on Friday?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 8:50pm On Dec 13, 2021
Congratulations Fam

I got denied at first with using MPOWER sef. The window 1 VO was asking how will MPOWER track me when I come to Nigeria���

I am trying to get a date to Abuja and try again. Congrats once again
lawrence7:
Visa Approved today in Abuja 2nd Attempt
COA: 40k
Funding: In-State Tuition, Personal funds, Student loan from Mpower finance
Others: GRE-328, IELTS - 8.5

1st Attempt 7th September
I initially applied to with all the same details however my funding at the time was different. All the costs were shouldered by a friend

I was interviewed by the young white man on window 8

VO: Good morning, How are you doing
Me: I am doing well thank you
VO: Please pass me your documents, Where are you going?
Me: The University of Missouri to study Medical Informatics
VO: I can see you have an in state tuition? Who will be paying for your deficit?
Me: A friend of mine who has been responsible for my education for a while will foot the bill
VO: Why?
Me: The person has been helpful through my undergraduate days and would like to pay for me graduate studies
VO: I am sorry, you do not qualify at this time according to US Law. This blue paper will tell you why

I was discouraged but I read as much of this thread as i could, Asked more experienced people and was advised to try again with a different funding source

2nd Attempt 13th December. I was interviewed by the balding white man.

VO: Why this course?
Me: The program focuses on applications of IT in improving healthcare, As a medical doctor, I have an interest in improving healthcare especially in Nigeria where there is a lot of room for improvement in the healthcare sector (Something along those lines)
VO: What do you intend to do when you finish?
Me: As part of my research into the program i also looked at post study employment opportunities in Nigeria and found that there is a lot of demand especially in the private sector, As such, i intend to return to put the skills i gained to good use.
VO: I can see you have an in state tuition, how will you pay the rest?
Me: I took out a student loan with Mpower finance for 25k dollars with a maximum of 100k. I also have personal funds of 4k dollars
VO: How will you pay for next year?
Me: The loan can be extended up to a 100k so i will utilize that.
VO: Have you left Nigeria in the last 2 weeks?
Me: No, I have not.
VO: Alright, everything looks good here. I will be approving your visa. This paper will tell you all you need to pick up your passport.
Me: Thank you sir. Have a great day.

I am open to answering any questions. Preferably here so everyone can learn as well.

Also I was so nervous but I did my best to sound confident and not be discouraged by the blue papers flying about.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Badguy001(m): 8:57pm On Dec 13, 2021
mojolajesu:
Congratulations Fam

I got denied at first with using MPOWER sef. The window 1 VO was asking how will MPOWER track me when I come to Nigeria���

Was the VO's question difficult to address?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hajobee: 9:07pm On Dec 13, 2021
Kindly send a mail on your complaint here:Support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com
You will get response
ifejegede:

I’ve been unable to create a profile on the US embassy website talk less about booking an appointment but I have my all my payments done ds160 and visa fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damilolaonanuga(m): 9:07pm On Dec 13, 2021
Hello please does anyone know if
the United States is offering student visa. I heard that they are not granting interviews anymore..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damilolaonanuga(m): 9:12pm On Dec 13, 2021
Hello please can anyone help me with information on how to get a US student's visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2021
Damilolaonanuga:
Hello please can anyone help me with information on how to get a US student's visa
Apply to any school of your choice and get Admitted, process your 120,
pay sevis fee,
pay visa fee,
fill ds160 form,
Book interview date on CGI
Go for your interview
Lobatan!!!

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 9:19pm On Dec 13, 2021
Damilolaonanuga:
Hello please does anyone know if
the United States is offering student visa. I heard that they are not granting interviews anymore..
In Nigeria abi worldwide?
They are granting interviews. na date scarce because of January people

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damilolaonanuga(m): 9:21pm On Dec 13, 2021
bukhety:

Apply to any school of your choice and get Admitted, process your 120,
pay sevis fee,
pay visa fee,
fill ds160 form,
Book interview date on CGI
Go for your interview
Lobatan!!!

Thank you my dear please explain cgi, 120 and ds160 plus I heard that American embassy is not granting interviews, how true is this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lawrence7: 10:04pm On Dec 13, 2021
Badguy001:

Congrats, bro! You went back to the drawing board and made the right adjustments! Nice!

If I may ask, considering that your funding is literally mixed, what did you fill in the DS160 form in the section "Person/Entity paying for your trip"?

I put self.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lawrence7: 10:05pm On Dec 13, 2021
mojolajesu:
Congratulations Fam

Thank you. I saw your post as well and planned to use the response someone suggested in case I was asked. I was also going to mention that I had provided guarantors here in Nigeria.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by underarmour: 10:25pm On Dec 13, 2021
https://www.nku.edu/~boycer/gradopps.html <<<<<<<< Graduate Opportunities

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 10:52pm On Dec 13, 2021
Please guy I was denial December 1 in Lagos and I pay another MRV and apply to Abuja but they denial my EA this night since last week Thursday have applied. And have tried to apply Lagos again but no more surge at Lagos my school resume January 7. What can I do please someone should give me advice ooo. I can’t defer my admission also. My initial date is July 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amenndmore: 10:55pm On Dec 13, 2021
Anyone going to pick up their passport in Lagos pick up center please go with a photostat copy of an I’d either it be nin/ driver’s license. There is one greedy woman that has a shop there that charges 200 naira for a page of photostating. No wonder the country is this way!!! avoid her

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IsaacNewton869: 10:56pm On Dec 13, 2021
Una don start
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amenndmore: 11:02pm On Dec 13, 2021
Femotech123:
Please guy I was denial December 1 in Lagos and I pay another MRV and apply to Abuja but they denial my EA this night since last week Thursday have applied. And have tried to apply Lagos again but no more surge at Lagos my school resume January 7. What can I do please someone should give me advice ooo. I can’t defer my admission also. My initial date is July 2022

I dont think there is an other option tbh. Just calm down and restrategize.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 11:13pm On Dec 13, 2021
Amenndmore:

I dont think there is an other option tbh. Just calm down and restrategize.

Thank brother you mean ré strategize to request for another EA in same Abuja they just denial my EA ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dgreatestt: 11:29pm On Dec 13, 2021
Hi guys, it's been a long time here. The page helped me during my admission and visa process. So many pages has passed. Congrats to all those that have gotten their visas already! And to those who were delayed, don't give up, refire. The end goal should be your motivation.

To anyone coming to Texas tech University in Lubbock this spring, feel free to reach out to me. I will be giving any one arriving to Lubbock a free ride from the airport to their destination now till when school resumes.

PS: please already have arrangements on where you'd be staying prior to arriving.

One love.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MrBammy: 11:32pm On Dec 13, 2021
lawrence7:

I initially applied to with all the same details however my funding at the time was different. All the costs were shouldered by a friend

VO: I can see you have an in state tuition? Who will be paying for your deficit?
Me: A friend of mine who has been responsible for my education for a while will foot the bill
Me: The person has been helpful through my undergraduate days and would like to pay for me graduate studies
VO: I am sorry, you do not qualify at this time according to US Law. This blue paper will tell you why

I was discouraged but I read as much of this thread as i could, Asked more experienced people and was advised to try again with a different funding source

Me: The program focuses on applications of IT in improving healthcare, As a medical doctor, I have an interest in improving healthcare especially in Nigeria where there is a lot of room for improvement in the healthcare sector (Something along those lines)
Me: As part of my research into the program i also looked at post study employment opportunities in Nigeria and found that there is a lot of demand especially in the private sector, As such, i intend to return to put the skills i gained to good use.
Me: I took out a student loan with Mpower finance for 25k dollars with a maximum of 100k. I also have personal funds of 4k dollars
VO: Alright, everything looks good here. I will be approving your visa. This paper will tell you all you need to pick up your passport.

I am open to answering any questions. Preferably here so everyone can learn as well.

Also I was so nervous but I did my best to sound confident and not be discouraged by the blue papers flying about.
Pls, how did you apply for the mpower loan? Did they require you have a u.s citizen as a co-signer? And is your school university of Missouri, Kansas City or where? Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lawrence7: 11:40pm On Dec 13, 2021
MrBammy:

Pls, how did you apply for the mpower loan? Did they require you have a u.s citizen as a co-signer? And is your school university of Missouri, Kansas City or where? Thanks

I applied via the website. No cosigner needed. The school is the university of Missouri Columbia.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 12:23am On Dec 14, 2021
But exactly Fam, but I think he is quite difficult to satisfy.

Badguy001:

Was the VO's question difficult to address?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by neurosci: 12:54am On Dec 14, 2021
Is someone still able to get a date for Abuja now?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EstherOA: 1:19am On Dec 14, 2021
neurosci:
Is someone still able to get a date for Abuja now?
YES!! Apply.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EstherOA: 1:21am On Dec 14, 2021
Damilolaonanuga:

Thank you my dear please explain cgi, 120 and ds160 plus I heard that American embassy is not granting interviews, how true is this?
They granting!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kiiishiii: 1:30am On Dec 14, 2021
Amenndmore:
Anyone going to pick up their passport in Lagos pick up center please go with a photostat copy of an I’d either it be nin/ driver’s license. There is one greedy woman that has a shop there that charges 200 naira for a page of photostating. No wonder the country is this way!!! avoid her

I paid the 200 o
For a page of photocopy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fantabulous08: 1:54am On Dec 14, 2021
Hello my people, please help me o

I scheduled a date in Lagos towards the end of next year, I then applied for emergency appointment hoping to get it approved l. However, I haven’t still heard anything from them.
Now, I’m thinking of checking available dates in Abuja I want to see if I can change.
My question now is;

1. Can I cancel the appointment I have secured which Is towards the end of 2022 while I look for a date in Abuja simultaneously?
2. Will it be possible for me to access Abuja even after I have scheduled a date and applied for EA in Lagos.

Ps: I deferred from fall’21 to Spring’22, I don’t want to defer again �
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by neurosci: 2:59am On Dec 14, 2021
EstherOA:
YES!! Apply.
But some people here are saying the dates are full, people should defer their admission.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Newskooltins: 4:31am On Dec 14, 2021
Badguy001:

Congrats, bro! You went back to the drawing board and made the right adjustments! Nice!

If I may ask, considering that your funding is literally mixed, what did you fill in the DS160 form in the section "Person/Entity paying for your trip"?

Congrats bro our success stories will be announced here too amen.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Newskooltins: 4:33am On Dec 14, 2021
lawrence7:

Congrats bro… please If I may ask, considering that your funding is literally mixed, what did you fill in the DS160 form in the section "Person/Entity paying for your trip"?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lawrence7: 4:54am On Dec 14, 2021
Newskooltins:

Congrats bro… please If I may ask, considering that your funding is literally mixed, what did you fill in the DS160 form in the section "Person/Entity paying for your trip"?

I chose self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KeriBaby(f): 5:23am On Dec 14, 2021
Mine didn’t, only thing I felt was pain/heaviness on my arm….. Thanks, I already booked a hotel.. Thank you

Taciturnity:
Hope yours didn't upset your body system like mine did.. BTW.. Optima hotel is close to the consulate.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 6:42am On Dec 14, 2021
I just got approved for Abuja surge. I applied for emmergency on saturday and received an approval few minutes ago asking me to reschedule from now till 18th. Going to my Cgi to reschedule, the earliest date I saw was 10th january 2022. Nothing like 18th december or before. I shapely picked that date, which is also before my resumption date.

My worry

The approval letter stated that the emergency date is only valid form now till 18th. If I dont get a date before then I won't be allowed to see a consular.

Do you thinks getting a date for 10th january 2022 stating Emmergency as priority would ruin my chances of getting interviewed?

(1) (2) (3) ... (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.