Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (656) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644023 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EstherOA: 11:52am On Dec 15, 2021
aburo7:
Please how can I apply for an emergency appointment/surge in Abuja ?

My program starts on the 11th of January 2022 and the earliest interview date I got is in May and in Lagos, I don't want to defer because my department doesn't have summer intake, just Spring and fall.

Do I need to pay a new MRV fee since I want to switch from Lag to Abuja?

What is the email address for Abuja emergency/surge?
ConsularAbuja@state.gov. Try! I know they're still approving for people. One is to always try. While applying try to appeal.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Badguy001(m): 11:58am On Dec 15, 2021
EstherOA:
ConsularAbuja@state.gov. Try! I know they're still approving for people. One is to always try. While applying try to appeal.

Does Abuja permit email method or one has to make the emergency appointment on the CGI portal?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Badguy001(m): 12:03pm On Dec 15, 2021
[quote author=aburo7 post=108515303]Please how can I apply for an emergency appointment/surge in Abuja ?

My program starts on the 11th of January 2022 and the earliest interview date I got is in May and in Lagos, I don't want to defer because my department doesn't have summer intake, just Spring and fall.

The earliest date me see na October sef and my program starts in the spring. Lagos is yet to reply my request for EA.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 12:06pm On Dec 15, 2021
Teejay13:

Please do i need to have a GRE or TOEFL to be eligible to apply for TA and GA?

Yes and it also depends on the school's requirements. If these 2 are optional, write them. If it stated that they don't consider the scores for funding, then that's why you don't need to submit those scores. If they are required, write them. If they are recommended, write them.
Optional, not considered for funding, recommended are the words mostly used.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by macsilver(m): 12:33pm On Dec 15, 2021
Congrats bro!

Please how do they confirm the information about sponsors and their business? Is it that you had filled it in your ds160 prior to that time or what?
I might add a little zobo to my sponsor’s business and I don’t wanna be caught.

Thanks for y’all for not making me feel lonely in this quest for leaving this country

Gmull3r:
Good morning guys,
I just got approval at The Abuja embassy
Course: MSc Business Analytics Texas A&M University
COA: 31,403
Vo: is a young African-American
Transcript:
Q1: Tell me about you degree plan:
I’m going for a masters in business analytics. It’s a 30 credit hour course. It’s going to run for 2years and 6 months. I’m going to be taking 9 core courses and two electives for the period of 2 years and 6 months.
Q2: How did you hear about this school
My first encounter with Texas A&M was during my undergraduate thesis, I worked on new innovations in the pharmaceutical industry and one of the literature I reviewed is from a professor from this department (mentions the name of the professor) he is the current head of department.
(She starts typing and staring for like 3 mins)
Q3: How long have you been a consultant in pharma
I started April this year, so that’s about 8 months but before then I have worked in several aspects of pharmacy practice.
Q4: Do you have a relative in the us (No)
Q5: Have you been to the US before (No)
Q6:What will this course do for you.
Answer: this course is actually going to teach me how to analyse and interprete data to make informed business decision. I intend to come back to my present company as business developer or Analyst. I’ll do this for 6 years and after that I’ll start my own private consultancy.

Q7: My uncle is my sponsor
What does he do?
Answer: He is a senior IT consultant, he consults for google, Microsoft, Andela and other tech companies
He is also the owner of ——— company with 13 branches in Lagos and Abuja
I noticed she confirmed some of the things i said, especially the first question, she was looking at the screeen, she was typing, she wasn’t even looking at my face. She focused on,y on what I was saying.
Vo: ok I’ll be approving your visa……���

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatnnamdi: 12:39pm On Dec 15, 2021
Good day my people...

URGENT...

The last time I made use of expedited appointment to get a closer date.

As I am denied once Visa, is there any other options that can be utilised at this point cos I here people say something about surge appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dominiok(f): 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2021
I have been a silent follower of this forum and I have come to also share my experience at the interview so people can pick one of two from it. May God bless the founders and every other person that has made this thread as educative and informative as possible.

I had plans set out for fall 2022, came on here to see what nairalanders have to say about some schools I had planned applying to, and this turned out the be the best decision I made towards my study plans. I wanted to apply to TAMUC and GSU for fall 2022 in October, but fortunately applications for spring was still opened so I applied and got full admissions to both, though without funding. Decided to choose TAMUC cos of affordability.

Visa Approved - Interview in Abuja today 15/12/2021.

After all pleasantries and documents have been passed-
VO:Have you been out of the country before?
Me: Yes I was in Ghana in 2019 For a training
VO: Where in US are you going to?
Me: I am going to Texas: TAMUC
VO: what are you going for?
Me: For master of science in Biz Analytics
VO: What will you do with the degree?
Me: In the wake of digitization, my firm established an innovation hub where we use data and technology to resolve clients issues. I had a conversation with the leader of the team and he told me I need an advanced degree to join his team. So I will be back to join the team once I am done with my program.
VO: Who is sponsoring?
Me: I will be takin care of my tuition and other bills while my uncle will support with the leaving expenses
VO: What does he do?
Me: He is an engineer in XYZ Oil and gas
VO: (Looking straight into my eyes) What is your uncle's role in XYZ
Me: XYZ Engineer
VO: Are you married?
Me: Yes with a son
VO: Are they not going with you or your spouse is not ready to leave his Job?
Me: yes He is not ready to leave his business and my son will stay with my mum while I am away.
VO: what does he do?
Me: He is a real estate ......
VO: brought out the white paper and I did not hear any other thing he said lol
No document was requested..

I noticed it was not about travel history, a lady before me said she has been to the UK but her visa was still denied and the Asia guy was doing his thing, just one question, have you been out of the country before? once you say no oga will deny..

I just want to thank God for His mercy..This was just God doing his thing.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HDwayne: 12:56pm On Dec 15, 2021
Congratulations!!! I really can’t wait to read your transcript. Most transcripts I have read on here are STEM related. I’m going for MBA too.
larkson:
VISA APPROVED TODAY.
Second attempt
Denied, 02 Aug 2021 - ABUJA
Approval granted today - LAGOS
COA - USD71,000
Fellowship grant - USD23,000
Deficit - USD 48,000
School : Suffolk University, Boston
Program: MBA, 2022 Spring.

Transcript coming soon!

Prayer works guys. Prayer works!. God did this for me. This platform is truly wonderful. And, God bless @fairheart. He really helped with my coaching and mock.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Badguy001(m): 12:57pm On Dec 15, 2021
macsilver:
Good people of Nairaland…
I heard somewhere that most Phd international students are usually fully funded. See I’m very new to this and I’m on this page to get enough information as to application process and tips…
I hope to write GRE, Ielts and Toefl starting January and to schools immediately my results are out. But the financial burden is what I’m scared of. If I can get funding, I’m good.
My question: is it possible to get full funding if my gre and Toefl are great?

Is there any school ready to take students while putting funding into consideration?

What exactly does full funding cover… school fees and accommodation or just school fees?

I’m 32, planning to run my PhD just now (never felt the need to leave this country until I saw the new price of bag of rice)… never married, no kid(s), I have a few plots of land and car (to probably use as ties back home or however that works)…

Is my age or marital status an issue?

I’m in the humanities (faculty of Arts)

I’ve been checking on many schools and all I see are “Tuition and fees”. Does this mean school fees and accommodation, etc or just fees and books?
I’ll be super glad to hear answers so I know what to do with my life.
Remember, I’m new at this. Please don’t laugh at me oooo
Thank you!

Yes, most PhDs in the US are fully funded. Any school that asks you to pay for a PhD probably does not value or regard you. You are better off not attending such schools.

By being "fully funded", it means you do not have to pay tuition at all and they will pay you stipend (they are able to do this for at least five years provided you make satisfactory academic progress). Some even pay additional cash if you bring any dependents with you.

However, you have to note that offer rates for these schools are infintesimally low because they are predicting that you would be successful as a PhD holder. Hence, they are only able to make offers to those they predict would turn out absolutely great. In order to strengthen your application, write the GRE and make sure your percentile is really high in the verbal reasoning and analytical writing sections (since you are a humanities person). 80th percentile in each won't be a bad idea. Try to score well in the Quant section as well (a very low score can be a huge red flag). Write the IELTS or TOEFL as well. Furthermore, look for professors (from your undergraduate institution) that can write very strong recommendation letters for you speaking to your research potentials and academic strengths.

In response to their fully funded offer, yoy may be required to offer some assistantship (teaching, research, etc).

I do not know what area of the humanities you belong, but I know schools like Rutgers University offer fully funded Philosophy PhDs (Rutgers is insanely competitive). Also, University of Arizona offers a fully funded MA program in Creative Writing (insanely competitiveas well). Philosophy and Creative Writing happen to be some regarded programs in the humanities, by the way!

P.S.: I do not have a PhD nor am I currently a PhD student. I know these things based on accumulated knowledge.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Systrom(m): 1:08pm On Dec 15, 2021
Dominiok:
I have been a silent follower of this forum and I have come to also share my experience at the interview so people can pick one of two from it. May God bless the founders and every other person that has made this thread as educative and informative as possible.

I had plans set out for fall 2022, came on here to see what nairalanders have to say about some schools I had planned applying to, and this turned out the be the best decision I made towards my study plans. I wanted to apply to TAMUC and GSU for fall 2022 in October, but fortunately applications for spring was still opened so I applied and got full admissions to both, though without funding. Decided to choose TAMUC cos of affordability.

Me: In the wake of digitization, my firm established an innovation hub where we use data and technology to resolve clients issues. I had a conversation with the leader of the team and he told me I need an advanced degree to join his team. So I will be back to join the team once I am done with my program.
Me: I will be takin care of my tuition and other bills while my uncle will support with the leaving expenses
Me: yes He is not ready to leave his business and my son will stay with my mum while I am away.

I noticed it was not about travel history, a lady before me said she has been to the UK but her visa was still denied and the Asia guy was doing his thing, just one question, have you been out of the country before? once you say no oga will deny..

Congrats! What’s your cost of attendance (COA) ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Symphor24: 1:11pm On Dec 15, 2021
H
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olubukunmie: 1:21pm On Dec 15, 2021
Congratulations! Which of the Texas A&M?
Gmull3r:
Good morning guys,
Transcript:
I’m going for a masters in business analytics. It’s a 30 credit hour course. It’s going to run for 2years and 6 months. I’m going to be taking 9 core courses and two electives for the period of 2 years and 6 months.
My first encounter with Texas A&M was during my undergraduate thesis, I worked on new innovations in the pharmaceutical industry and one of the literature I reviewed is from a professor from this department (mentions the name of the professor) he is the current head of department.
I started April this year, so that’s about 8 months but before then I have worked in several aspects of pharmacy practice.
Answer: this course is actually going to teach me how to analyse and interprete data to make informed business decision. I intend to come back to my present company as business developer or Analyst. I’ll do this for 6 years and after that I’ll start my own private consultancy.

What does he do?
Answer: He is a senior IT consultant, he consults for google, Microsoft, Andela and other tech companies
I noticed she confirmed some of the things i said, especially the first question, she was looking at the screeen, she was typing, she wasn’t even looking at my face. She focused on,y on what I was saying.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheSociopath(m): 1:33pm On Dec 15, 2021
EffortlessGrace:
PLEASE FAMILY, CAN ANYONE HERE HELP ME WITH A WRITING SAMPLE. THANKS

Writing sample has to be from you, like your B.Sc project work or a term paper you wrote while in school

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olubukunmie: 1:41pm On Dec 15, 2021
Congratulations ! I got admission for MSBA too at TAMUC but for Summer I. Can I have your contact details?
Dominiok:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kaygirl33: 1:43pm On Dec 15, 2021
[quote author=lawrence7 post=108513174][/quote]
Cool! But did you forward your bank statement to your school? Did school capture your personal funds?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chairperson: 1:46pm On Dec 15, 2021
Hhmm i noticed that too oh! Me wey i wan go do Art courses nko? God is on my side fully tho! I'm a trillion % sure I'll get it!

HDwayne:
Congratulations!!! I really can’t wait to read your transcript. Most transcripts I have read on here are STEM related. I’m going for MBA too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kaygirl33: 1:48pm On Dec 15, 2021
Gmull3r:
Good morning guys,
Transcript:
Congratulations dear.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kaygirl33: 1:51pm On Dec 15, 2021
larkson:
VISA APPROVED TODAY.
Second attempt
COA - USD71,000
Deficit - USD 48,000

Transcript coming soon!

Prayer works guys. Prayer works!. God did this for me. This platform is truly wonderful. And, God bless @fairheart. He really helped with my coaching and mock.
Congratulations dear!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatnnamdi: 1:51pm On Dec 15, 2021
Good day my people...

URGENT...

The last time I made use of expedited appointment to get a closer date for F1 interview.

As I am denied visa once today at Lagos embassy, is there any other options that can be utilised at this point, cos I here people say something about surge appointment for another emergency or second interview.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 1:56pm On Dec 15, 2021
Fall2021:
I will share my testimony on this thread... I have that firm belief...

God answered your prayers. Congratulations.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Seemie: 2:14pm On Dec 15, 2021
Hello everyone
I got my visa approved at Abuja today
2nd attempt
School -Troy university
Course-Bsn Nursing
Scholarship-50% Tution
Interviewed by a tall kinda aged white man
P.s: this did not go as smooth as I’m writing it now sha but this was the questions and answer I gave basically

V.o -Good morning,pass me your document
Me- Goodmorning
V.o- Have you ever been denied a visa
Me- Yes I have
V.o- when?
Me- Aug 2nd
V.o - Okay so what has changed since then(or something like that Sha)
Me- Well I changed my degree from Asn to Bsn
V.o -And why?
Me-Well my plan was to go for a bsn degree after my Asn program but after I was denied the visa I spoke to the international student advisor in Troy university and she told me that Troy offers undergraduate course work in geriatric nursing and that I don’t need to go for an Asn degree first.
V.o- Okay so who is sponsoring your degree
Me- My dad is and I got a 50% tuition scholarship from the school
V.o- What does your dad do?
Me- My dad is a civil engineer, he owns a company called iconic construction company, they manage construction projects in Lagos,Abuja and port harcourt and he also deals with the selling and leasing out of trucks used in construction sites
V.o- Okay that’s fine What’s your plan after your degree
Me-Well,once I get the extensive knowledge and skills that I need from Troy university I will definitely come back to Nigeria and work as a geriatric nurse where my services are really needed,I will take up a job in a place like the UBTH in Benin or the National hospital here in Abuja where they have the biggest geriatric center in the country but in the long run I would love to own a geriatric center where the elderly can come and get the right treatment they deserve and I know this will not only provide jobs for people but will in turn get people interested in geriatric nursing.
At this point he was just nodding � and then he asked me what I said my father does again and I told him and then he said I will be approving your visa and I didn’t hear anything again
I’m so happy and grateful to God.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fall2021: 2:19pm On Dec 15, 2021
NigPatriot:

God answered your prayers. Congratulations.
I know right. I even focused on UK at some point when US didn't work out for fall 2021. I guess God had bigger plans for me. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by macsilver(m): 2:31pm On Dec 15, 2021
Badguy001:

Yes, most PhDs in the US are fully funded. Any school that asks you to pay for a PhD probably does not value or regard you. You are better off not attending such schools.

In response to their fully funded offer, yoy may be required to offer some assistantship (teaching, research, etc).

I do not know what area of the humanities you belong, but I know schools like Rutgers University offer fully funded Philosophy PhDs (Rutgers is insanely competitive). Also, University of Arizona offers a fully funded MA program in Creative Writing (insanely competitiveas well). Philosophy and Creative Writing happen to be some regarded programs in the humanities, by the way!

P.S.: I do not have a PhD nor am I currently a PhD student. I know these things based on accumulated knowledge.

As your name implies, you’re indeed a bad guy lol
Thank you so much for the lengthy explanation. I sincerely appreciate it!

Understood. If you don’t mind I have a few things (off this page I would like to relate with you since you know more than I do at the moment. I would be glad if you could help me with them. Just a few.
Number is 0706960617nine.
Thank you once again! Bad guy!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gmull3r: 2:40pm On Dec 15, 2021
macsilver:
Congrats bro!

Please how do they confirm the information about sponsors and their business? Is it that you had filled it in your ds160 prior to that time or what?
I might add a little zobo to my sponsor’s business and I don’t wanna be caught.

Thanks for y’all for not making me feel lonely in this quest for leaving this country

So I think what you put in your ds 160 is very important, you should be careful while filling and go over it many times before you submit. You need to also note and try not to sell a story that. Ishtar contradict your ds 160. Above all, pray and prepare. Trust me, it works.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lustre23: 2:51pm On Dec 15, 2021
Seemie:
Hello everyone
I got my visa approved at Abuja today
2nd attempt
School -Troy university
Course-Bsn Nursing
Scholarship-50% Tution
Interviewed by a tall kinda aged white man
P.s: this did not go as smooth as I’m writing it now sha but this was the questions and answer I gave basically

V.o -Good morning,pass me your document
Me- Goodmorning
V.o- Have you ever been denied a visa
Me- Yes I have
V.o- when?
Me- Aug 2nd
V.o - Okay so what has changed since then(or something like that Sha)
Me- Well I changed my degree from Asn to Bsn
V.o -And why?
Me-Well my plan was to go for a bsn degree after my Asn program but after I was denied the visa I spoke to the international student advisor in Troy university and she told me that Troy offers undergraduate course work in geriatric nursing and that I don’t need to go for an Asn degree first.
V.o- Okay so who is sponsoring your degree
Me- My dad is and I got a 50% tuition scholarship from the school
V.o- What does your dad do?
Me- My dad is a civil engineer, he owns a company called iconic construction company, they manage construction projects in Lagos,Abuja and port harcourt and he also deals with the selling and leasing out of trucks used in construction sites
V.o- Okay that’s fine What’s your plan after your degree
Me-Well,once I get the extensive knowledge and skills that I need from Troy university I will definitely come back to Nigeria and work as a geriatric nurse where my services are really needed,I will take up a job in a place like the UBTH in Benin or the National hospital here in Abuja where they have the biggest geriatric center in the country but in the long run I would love to own a geriatric center where the elderly can come and get the right treatment they deserve and I know this will not only provide jobs for people but will in turn get people interested in geriatric nursing.
At this point he was just nodding � and then he asked me what I said my father does again and I told him and then he said I will be approving your visa and I didn’t hear anything again
I’m so happy and grateful to God.

Congratulations �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Yuppie96: 2:54pm On Dec 15, 2021
larkson:
VISA APPROVED TODAY.
Second attempt
COA - USD71,000
Deficit - USD 48,000

Transcript coming soon!

Congratulations!!! Please can we connect, I’m also going to Suffolk University, sawyer business school spring 2022 and my interview is next week.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bright001(m): 3:01pm On Dec 15, 2021
Congratulations to everyone who got their visas approved this week I'm happy for you all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mkkkk: 3:09pm On Dec 15, 2021
Goodevening everyone
This is urgent please
My F1/F2 visa got denied today in Abuja and I would like to reapply immediately. Please does anyone know if I will be able to get surge appointment in Lagos or Abuja. I don’t know want to go ahead with payment and not get a date.
Will appreciate your responses and advise pls.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EffortlessGrace: 3:16pm On Dec 15, 2021
CONGRATULATIONS, TEXAS IS A GOOD PLACE FOR YOU TO LIVE AND SETTLE. IF YOU NEED ANY HELP LET ME KNOW. I CAN ALSO ASSIST FOR YOUR PICK UP AT DFW AIRPORT. CHEERS

Gmull3r:
Good morning guys,
Transcript:

What does he do?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nanthediverse: 3:21pm On Dec 15, 2021
Please you people should try and be hearing what the VO says after they give you a white paper �

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by uchennangene(f): 3:25pm On Dec 15, 2021
Olubukunmie:
Congratulations ! I got admission for MSBA too at TAMUC but for Summer I. Can I have your contact details?

Hi Olubukunmie,

I am also going to TAMUC for Spring 2022 but I don’t know if I will meet up because of unavailable dates for interview.

Please which month is Summer starting? Have you gotten your I-20 yet? What date is written on it for Summer?

And just to be sure, it’s TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY COMMERCE I’m talking of o. If that’s where you’re going to, please let’s connect.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 3:37pm On Dec 15, 2021
It feels so good to be back here!! grin
Missed a lot of people online LagosIsMyHome,WalePepe,Time2Win, justwise etc.

Congratulations to all those that got their visa approved. To those that didn't get approval, reflect on your transcript, seek funding from your school if you don't have any and prepare well for another shot.

My school is Coppin State University, MD and I wish you all the very best of luck smiley

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.