Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (657) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645560 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olubukunmie: 3:48pm On Dec 15, 2021
Hi Uchenna,
TAMUC is Texas A &M Commerce, the one in Kingsville is TAMUK
I applied for spring too, but because of the short time frame I asked that it be moved to Summer I,
summer I starts in June, I will send you a message.

uchennangene:

Hi Olubukunmie,

I am also going to TAMUC for Spring 2022 but I don’t know if I will meet up because of unavailable dates for interview.

Please which month is Summer starting? Have you gotten your I-20 yet? What date is written on it for Summer?

And just to be sure, it’s TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY COMMERCE I’m talking of o. If that’s where you’re going to, please let’s connect. Reach me via 08032894475
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gmull3r: 3:57pm On Dec 15, 2021
Olubukunmie:
Congratulations! Which of the Texas A&M?
Commerce, MSc business analytics
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Systrom(m): 4:17pm On Dec 15, 2021
Those who got approved today, please share your transcripts
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phemorhino(m): 4:21pm On Dec 15, 2021
Hello house,
Can anyone please help me review my SOP?
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olubukunmie: 4:24pm On Dec 15, 2021
Great! I got admission too for MS Business Analytics.
If you do not mind, Can I have your contact?
It will be nice to connect with someone who will be taking classes before me grin.

Congratulations once again

Gmull3r:

Commerce, MSc business analytics

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chairperson: 4:52pm On Dec 15, 2021
Hi, i have a couple of questions for those who've been in the consulate recently. Are applicants required to pull down their masks when talking with the VO or it has to stay on? Secondly do they have seats in there now? Because a while ago all the seats were taken out and applicants stood the entire time.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xxxscholar: 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2021
Chairperson:
Hi, i have a couple of questions for those who've been in the consulate recently. Are applicants required to pull down their masks when talking with the VO or it has to stay on? Secondly do they have seats in there now? Because a while ago all the seats were taken out and applicants stood the entire time.

Your mask will be on throughout your stay in the embassy. You should practice how to speak Audibly with the mask on.

The Abuja Embassy have just a few seats inside. Most people will sit outside and then called into the interview area in batches.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kaygirl33: 5:01pm On Dec 15, 2021
Seemie:
Hello everyone

I’m so happy and grateful to God.
Congratulations dear.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by collykay: 5:04pm On Dec 15, 2021
Fall2021:
Visa approved today at Abuja. Transcript coming up later. Looking for where to eat grin grin

Big congratulations to you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ModelLook(m): 5:05pm On Dec 15, 2021
Tinyemeka:

Yes but you may need to do some prerequisite courses, if they were not covered in your O'Level and first degree.

See this list for some ADN programs.

http://www.rncareers.org/guides/top-100-adn-programs-in-the-united-states/

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ModelLook(m): 5:06pm On Dec 15, 2021
Walspring:

No I won’t advise you because is like you going to polytechnic to go and start OND.

Just apply as transfer student to the course you wish to study or when you get your visa and gets to USA you can go for the Associate degree but don’t try and use that and go to embassy because your profile is higher then it and imagine going back to start for lower degree

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by morjid(m): 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2021
emmanuelle27:
perfect transcript from my own view,
Admission✓
Funding source (brother, company in SA)✓
Travel history✓
Home tie (has a job)✓

NA ONLY THE VO KNOW WHY EM DENY YOU

My recommendation/Opinion: Go again, but if you can get another school with some sort of funding, better!!
I don't know how you filled your DS form, you might want to look at it, GOOD LUCK.

My own view is he doesnt have to know the total number of people working for his brother ..then he should have said he as a company in Nigeria and south africa ...the vo knows hes anxious

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omoola11: 5:57pm On Dec 15, 2021
Congratulations Lawrence

Please how do you apply for Mpower finance loan?

Am available here yinkaomo@gmail.com

Thank you

lawrence7:
Visa Approved today in Abuja 2nd Attempt
COA: 40k
Funding: In-State Tuition, Personal funds, Student loan from Mpower finance
Others: GRE-328, IELTS - 8.5

1st Attempt 7th September
I initially applied to with all the same details however my funding at the time was different. All the costs were shouldered by a friend

I was interviewed by the young white man on window 8

VO: Good morning, How are you doing
Me: I am doing well thank you
VO: Please pass me your documents, Where are you going?
Me: The University of Missouri to study Medical Informatics
VO: I can see you have an in state tuition? Who will be paying for your deficit?
Me: A friend of mine who has been responsible for my education for a while will foot the bill
VO: Why?
Me: The person has been helpful through my undergraduate days and would like to pay for me graduate studies
VO: I am sorry, you do not qualify at this time according to US Law. This blue paper will tell you why

I was discouraged but I read as much of this thread as i could, Asked more experienced people and was advised to try again with a different funding source

2nd Attempt 13th December. I was interviewed by the balding white man.

VO: Good morning, How are you doing
Me: I am doing well thank you
VO: Please pass me your documents, Where are you going?
Me: The University of Missouri to study Medical Informatics
VO: Why this course?
Me: The program focuses on applications of IT in improving healthcare, As a medical doctor, I have an interest in improving healthcare especially in Nigeria where there is a lot of room for improvement in the healthcare sector (Something along those lines)
VO: What do you intend to do when you finish?
Me: As part of my research into the program i also looked at post study employment opportunities in Nigeria and found that there is a lot of demand especially in the private sector, As such, i intend to return to put the skills i gained to good use.
VO: I can see you have an in state tuition, how will you pay the rest?
Me: I took out a student loan with Mpower finance for 25k dollars with a maximum of 100k. I also have personal funds of 4k dollars
VO: How will you pay for next year?
Me: The loan can be extended up to a 100k so i will utilize that.
VO: Have you left Nigeria in the last 2 weeks?
Me: No, I have not.
VO: Alright, everything looks good here. I will be approving your visa. This paper will tell you all you need to pick up your passport.
Me: Thank you sir. Have a great day.

I am open to answering any questions. Preferably here so everyone can learn as well.

Also I was so nervous but I did my best to sound confident and not be discouraged by the blue papers flying about.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by itoski(m): 6:02pm On Dec 15, 2021
Please I just found out that on my I-20 the source of funding was stated as Personal Funds and on my DS-160 I filled parent.
Is this a problem?

Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by stone2x: 6:02pm On Dec 15, 2021
morjid:

My own view is he doesnt have to know the total number of people working for his brother ..then he should have said he as a company in Nigeria and south africa ...the vo knows hes anxious

@Morjid, Thanks for your response. This is well noted.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Taciturnity: 6:11pm On Dec 15, 2021
Visa approved today @ Abuja embassy by the dreaded Korean guy!.
Transcript incoming

14 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bnad: 6:48pm On Dec 15, 2021
If the VO asks what has changed since your last application what do they mean?
Do you have to change school ?or your major? Or you need to get scholarship?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by macsilver(m): 6:50pm On Dec 15, 2021
Gmull3r:

So I think what you put in your ds 160 is very important, you should be careful while filling and go over it many times before you submit. You need to also note and try not to sell a story that. Ishtar contradict your ds 160. Above all, pray and prepare. Trust me, it works.

I appreciate your response. God bless you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fall2021: 6:57pm On Dec 15, 2021
Visa approved

1st attempt:
Program: Master’s in applied economics
School: Illinois State University

School cost: $34k
Graduate assistantship: $21k
Deficit: $13k
Sponsor: Daddy

First of all, I want to appreciate the Almighty God for everything he has done in my life. When I joined Nairaland, my target was Fall 2021. I applied to four schools. Illinois state University, Kent state university, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign and University of Alabama. I got two admits and two rejections. I was particular about funding because , I could not afford the school fees. Illinois state and Kent state University got back to me in April with an unsuccessful mails for funding. Omo I cried ehn.

I decided to defer my Illinois state university admission to Spring 2022 and I applied for funding in August. That was how I forgot about USA and started focusing on schools in UK. Illinois state university got back to me on November 22nd, with a full tuition waiver

I want to thank xxxscholar for helping me go through my DS 160 form and also Abacino007 for his encouraging words.

Note: I didn’t have a single mock interview. My workload is overwhelming to say the least. So I want to motivate those that couldn’t prepare for their interview. Just do the little you can and God will finalize the rest.

And to everyone who has posted transcripts in the past to encourage people going through hard times due to delay(s). May we all continue to have reasons to celebrate

VO: Good morning
Me: Hi good morning

VO: Please pass me your documents
Me: You can have it please
VO: Thank you very much

VO: I can see you are going for a masters degree in Econometrics and quantitative economics

Me: No, it’s actually a masters in Applied Economics

Vo: Oh okay great (Looking at my DS160 form)

VO: why applied economics

Me: : I am very particular about a masters in Applied economics because it shifts from the traditional economics framework which is mostly based on theories but rather, it focuses on data analyses, data optimization and data interpretation and how to apply them into real life scenarios

VO: Have you travelled out before
Me: No, I have not had any reason to do so

VO: where do you work

Me: **** Nigeria

VO: what do you do there
Me: I work as a Payables and Treasury analyst.

VO: so what will you do when you return?
Me: Having gained the necessary skillset to building and applying economic models to real life situations, I will come back to Nigeria to attain a higher position in my organization as a senior research associate (NB: This was already stated on my DS-160 form)

VO: I can see you have a GRA of $21k. Who will be paying the deficit

Me: My dad

VO: what does he do

Me: He is into the importation and sales of automobiles. He has four offices Nigeria; Lagos, Warri, Enugu and Anambra

VO: do you have any friend/family in the Us

Me: Not at all

VO: Have you travelled out before (I was already nervous. He has asked me this question before)

Me: No, I haven't

VO: Okay. Your application looks good. I will be approving your visa. He then issued me a white paper

I did not hear anything else. I was just screaming in my mind. Thank you Jesus

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by engr2yen: 7:03pm On Dec 15, 2021
Please my Visa got delayed,I want to re apply,but I need to confirm if dates are still available,my school resumes 10th Jan.thanks.anybody...please reply
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ihategirls(m): 7:13pm On Dec 15, 2021
Hey guys, my visa got denied in September and now I wanna reply again, would I have to pay another visa fee to book a new appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ceefirst: 7:25pm On Dec 15, 2021
Please do you have to recreate another cgi portal if you are reapplying for visa interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 15, 2021
Visa Approved

Term: Spring
Degree: BBA Business Administration
School: University of Louisville, KY

Honestly, it was God.

Thanks Nairaland community, thanks to all who have contributed in one way or the other to this thread. God bless.

Transcript to be updated soon.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phemorhino(m): 7:52pm On Dec 15, 2021
Anyone studying master in accountancy in US now? Please i need your transcript (visa)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Systrom(m): 8:09pm On Dec 15, 2021
Ihategirls:
Hey guys, my visa got denied in September and now I wanna reply again, would I have to pay another visa fee to book a new appointment?
Your visa fee (otherwise known as MRV fee) is valid for one year.

So you can use it for multiple applications till the 1 year validity expires.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kaygirl33: 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2021
Fall2021:
Visa approved

1st attempt:
Program: Master’s in applied economics
School: Illinois State University

VO: Okay. Your application looks good. I will be approving your visa. He then issued me a white paper

I did not hear anything else. I was just screaming in my mind. Thank you Jesus

Congratulations bro!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lawrence7: 8:19pm On Dec 15, 2021
Nanthediverse:
Please you people should try and be hearing what the VO says after they give you a white paper �

����. When I was reading transcript I promised my self I would listen properly when I get that white paper but Omo I no fit.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lawrence7: 8:21pm On Dec 15, 2021
Omoola11:
Congratulations Lawrence

Please how do you apply for Mpower finance loan?

Am available here yinkaomo@gmail.com

Thank you

The process is very transparent. You just go to their website and start filling the forms and providing required documentation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 15, 2021
TheBanker23:
Visa Approved

Term: Spring
Degree: BBA Business Administration
School: University of Louisville, KY

I interviewed 11:30 am though I was scheduled for 9:00. VO was a bald Man in his late thirties or Mid-forties. Interview was barely 2 mins, honestly. I was overconfident (this is not to boast in my strength), even when the guy before me was denied. I answered every question like I was running ( I'm a fast speaker).

ME: Good morning sir.
VO: Good morning, can I have you I-20 and passport please?
ME: Yes, please.
VO: Why are you going to the US.
ME: I am going to the US to attend the University of Louisville in Kentucky to pursue a BBA i.e Business administration.
VO: Oh, I see, What do you plan to do after this degree.
ME: My dad and uncle runs a thriving Agrochemical Company which specializes in the manufacture of Fertilizers, Insecticides, pesticides, fungicides and other Agrochemicals I'll spare mentioning. My father is a pastor and my Uncle a medical doctor. They are often not fully available to run the company. I plan to return to take a ful time managerial position in the company.
VO: Nods, Hmmn, Great. I see you have scholarship of 12000 dollars, who is paying for the deficit? Your father?
ME: No, My father is not the main sponsor but my uncle.
VO:You have great prospects. Alright, everything looks good, I'll be approving your Visa. Make sure you........(I wasn't hearing him).

He handed me a white slip and I jetted off. I almost forgot my I-20 grin

Honestly, it was God. Not my power nor wisdom. I can't overemphasize this: Pray,Pray,Pray as if you'll run mad. You won't lose anything if you do.

Thanks Nairaland community, thanks to all who have contributed in one way or the other to this thread. God bless.

Transcript updated.

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lawrence7: 8:23pm On Dec 15, 2021
Kaygirl33:

Cool! But did you forward your bank statement to your school? Did school capture your personal funds?

Yes I did. They checked and used it.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amazingg11: 8:41pm On Dec 15, 2021
Good evening nairalanders.please who knows any cheap airline that flies to Alabama .I’ve been searching but the prices I’m seeing are quite alarming
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HRprof: 9:01pm On Dec 15, 2021
Systrom:
Your visa fee (otherwise known as MRV fee) is valid for one year.

So you can use it for multiple applications till the 1 year validity expires.

Did you said denied visa can still use the same visa fee to reapply? : P

(1) (2) (3) ... (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: rebeccaaj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.