Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (685) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644853 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xxxscholar: 6:26pm On Dec 31, 2021
Kiiishiii:

On some websites, I saw that a non citizen of the US must have been fully vaccinated at least 14 days before travel. It was also on my requirements for United airlines

There are some exceptions. Nigeria is one such country.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by temiloluwasam(m): 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2021
Hello guys compliment of the season ⛄

Please can sevis fees be paid through money order or just western union in the USA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 7:56pm On Dec 31, 2021
xxxscholar:
Arrived USA a few days ago via Qatar Airways. Very long but memorable journey. Got delayed for almost an hour at the point of entry but was later admitted.

Excited about this new journey. Good luck to everyone still in the process. I will always make out time to provide as much information I can.

Happy New year in advance.
Congrats brother, u used Qatar, was the POE in Doha or in US? I heard they scrutinize people so much in Doha
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tinafusty: 8:27pm On Dec 31, 2021
Salsabil88:

He asked me that he sees u have deficit, who's gonna pay for me. Then I mentioned my uncle. But now I will use my father's account, secondly I will deposit some amount as personal funds, and I will go with My statement of account. My total cost of attendance is $26k, scholarships awarded is $2500 only.
Ok, does that mean no other money reflected on your I-20 form except the scholarship awarded $2500 ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Badguy001(m): 9:45pm On Dec 31, 2021
SonugaMike:
Hello guys,

My interview date is January but I would like to change my passport pickup location from Lagos to Abuja.

Is this something I can still do?

How possibly is it?

Yes, it is. Just log on to the appointment portal and you will see the feature as part of the boxes on the right side or directly occupying most of the screen. I changed mine (from VI to Isolo) after scheduling my Abuja appointment.

Why do you want to change though? You feel it's faster getting one's passport that way esp if one is interviewing in Abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by zieraw2005(m): 10:28pm On Dec 31, 2021
Hi bro kindlycheck your emailI want to ask you something.
Triggerlly:
Please any idea of schools in USA that accept 3rd class for masters student, had 3rd class in biochemistry with 325 gre score. Please I will appreciate advices and directives
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by zieraw2005(m): 10:47pm On Dec 31, 2021
Hello bro compliment of the season.
Please kindly send me the two samples I am seriously in need of it. Do you have format for high GRE score? Kindly share Please.
zieraw2005@yahoo.com

Thank you.
Timotte:

Apply with the 304 score. Your GRE isn't the only thing that is assessed on your application. You have a good GPA. What you need is to get very strong recommendation letters (not the typical ones written by most lecturers). The recommendation letters should be personal and give examples of attributes that are stated in the letter. I can send you a sample of a strong engineering recommendation letter if you need one. Additional, have a well written personal statement that clearly outlines your research interest(s). If you have any publication, it can further strengthen your application. But if you don't have any, it wouldn't harm you either. I have a friend who had a WES evaluated GPA of 3.11 and a GRE score of 294 who got admitted to the chemical engineering masters program at the University of North Dakota with full tuition waiver and a graduate research assistantship for Spring 2022 (he got his visa yesterday). He had very strong recommendation letters and a well written personal statement that strengthened his application.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by oxx4: 11:46pm On Dec 31, 2021
Is the proof of financial support compulsory?

IntrovertGuy:

Yes, they do.

Upload the WES unofficial COPY + Your undergraduate transcript (student copy).
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 12:22am On Jan 01, 2022
xxxscholar:

There are some exceptions. Nigeria is one such country.
I'm nor sure this is right, I flew Qatar and COVID vaccination card was requested from me, so as other passenger going to USA. It's mandatory according to the information on the CDC website

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IntrovertGuy: 12:41am On Jan 01, 2022
oxx4:
Is the proof of financial support compulsory?

Not compulsory in getting admission decision.

But needed after getting admission, so your i20 can be issued.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by oxx4: 12:49am On Jan 01, 2022
IntrovertGuy:

Not compulsory in getting admission decision.

But needed after getting admission, so your i20 can be issued.
Thank you boss
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jboyossai(m): 4:43am On Jan 01, 2022
Hello,

Thank you all for all the good work, I will really appreciate an answer to this.

I will be sponsoring my self for my programme.

My source of income is crypto/ forex trading.

So I want to know, when asked my source of income, if its a RED FLAG to say forex/crypto.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Triggerlly: 6:35am On Jan 01, 2022
Timotte:

Apply with the 304 score. Your GRE isn't the only thing that is assessed on your application. You have a good GPA. What you need is to get very strong recommendation letters (not the typical ones written by most lecturers). The recommendation letters should be personal and give examples of attributes that are stated in the letter. I can send you a sample of a strong engineering recommendation letter if you need one. Additional, have a well written personal statement that clearly outlines your research interest(s). If you have any publication, it can further strengthen your application. But if you don't have any, it wouldn't harm you either. I have a friend who had a WES evaluated GPA of 3.11 and a GRE score of 294 who got admitted to the chemical engineering masters program at the University of North Dakota with full tuition waiver and a graduate research assistantship for Spring 2022 (he got his visa yesterday). He had very strong recommendation letters and a well written personal statement that strengthened his application.
please can you send me a sample of this strong recommendation letter. I just sent you an email
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SOPWriter: 9:51am On Jan 01, 2022
I am elated that you made it to 2022. Last year was great for some of us, but I am confident that the new year will be greater for all of us.

To the pioneers of this thread, please accept my gratitude. You guys are the real MVP.

In this new year, please do not underestimate the power of rehearsal and crosschecking. You can post your transcripts on this thread to be assessed from multiple perspectives. Similarly, close friends or family members can also be helpful. Interview yourselves out loud. You might view this as a form of madness, but it's just a temporal yet rewarding insanity that would only last a few weeks.

Lastly, avoid travel agencies that could possibly earn you a ban or complicate your application/profile this new year. U.S. Embassies and Consulates ban hundreds of applicants every week, so let's be careful.

Happy New Year to you and your respective families. Let the testimonies begin to flow!

20 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 10:26am On Jan 01, 2022
SOPWriter:
I am elated that you made it to 2022. Last year was great for some of us, but I am confident that the new year will be greater for all of us.

To the pioneers of this thread, please accept my gratitude. You guys are the real MVP.

In this new year, please do not underestimate the power of rehearsal and crosschecking. You can post your transcripts on this thread to be assessed from multiple perspectives. Similarly, close friends or family members can also be helpful. Interview yourselves out loud. You might view this as a form of madness, but it's just a temporal yet rewarding insanity that would only last a few weeks.

Lastly, avoid travel agencies that could possibly earn you a ban or complicate your application/profile this new year. U.S. Embassies and Consulates ban hundreds of applicants every week, so let's be careful.

Happy New Year to you and your respective families. Let the testimonies begin to flow!
Valid points, good advice, happy New year fam

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 10:30am On Jan 01, 2022
Jboyossai:
Hello,

Thank you all for all the good work, I will really appreciate an answer to this.

I will be sponsoring my self for my programme.

My source of income is crypto/ forex trading.

So I want to know, when asked my source of income, if its a RED FLAG to say forex/crypto.
In my opinion I think it's a red flag, i Know there are Crypto & forex billionaires but I still think it's a very volatile/unstable market and therefore not a sustainable source of income, other people might think otherwise but I strongly feel it's a red flag.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SOPWriter: 10:51am On Jan 01, 2022
emmanuelle27:
Valid points, good advice, happy New year fam
Happy New Year to you too, Emmanuelle27.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SonugaMike: 12:11pm On Jan 01, 2022
xxxscholar:

They were not serious about it. Even if I didn't have it I still would have traveled.

Why did they delay your entry?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SonugaMike: 12:17pm On Jan 01, 2022
Badguy001:

Yes, it is. Just log on to the appointment portal and you will see the feature as part of the boxes on the right side or directly occupying most of the screen. I changed mine (from VI to Isolo) after scheduling my Abuja appointment.

Why do you want to change though? You feel it's faster getting one's passport that way esp if one is interviewing in Abuja?

Yes, I feel it would be faster staying back to pick the passport in Abuja. Perhaps it would save me one or two days of waiting for it in Lagos.

I don’t know if my assumption is right
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olaphlux(f): 12:34pm On Jan 01, 2022
Hello,
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. Kudos!
I have a question, I recently moved my interview location from Lagos to Abuja, so I filled a new DS-160 including those of 2 dependents. My challenge now is that there is no way to include the Abuja confirmation code of the two dependents on the CGI site. I was only able to do mine as the principal applicant while editing my profile. The page where I am supposed to include my dependents already has their Lagos confirmation code but I wasn't able to edit it.

I also observed that the appointment confirmation print out has the Lagos DS-160 confirmation code for my dependents but Abuja for mine.

Note that I filled a new DS-160 for them for Abuja, so I have for Lagos and Abuja as of now.
Will this affect anything?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xxxscholar: 12:38pm On Jan 01, 2022
horlahsunbo225:

I'm nor sure this is right, I flew Qatar and COVID vaccination card was requested from me, so as other passenger going to USA. It's mandatory according to the information on the CDC website

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html

I wouldn’t say what I am not sure of. See the attached screenshot from cdc website

Nigeria is on the List of Foreign Countries with Limited COVID-19 Vaccine Availability. You can find the list here >> https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/order-safe-travel/technical-instructions.html#anchor_1635183089047

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xxxscholar: 12:48pm On Jan 01, 2022
emmanuelle27:
Congrats brother, u used Qatar, was the POE in Doha or in US? I heard they scrutinize people so much in Doha

Point of entry is the first city you enter in the USA. In my case it was Chicago.

There’s no scrutiny in Doha. You are just transiting through the country.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xxxscholar: 12:50pm On Jan 01, 2022
Olaphlux:
Hello,
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. Kudos!
I have a question, I recently moved my interview location from Lagos to Abuja, so I filled a new DS-160 including those of 2 dependents. My challenge now is that there is no way to include the Abuja confirmation code of the two dependents on the CGI site. I was only able to do mine as the principal applicant while editing my profile. The page where I am supposed to include my dependents already has their Lagos confirmation code but I wasn't able to edit it.

I also observed that the appointment confirmation print out has the Lagos DS-160 confirmation code for my dependents but Abuja for mine.

Note that I filled a new DS-160 for them for Abuja, so I have for Lagos and Abuja as of now.
Will this affect anything?

Thanks

You will be delayed a bit at the embassy as they try to pull out your dependents records from Lagos. At the end you should be fine and will be interviewed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xxxscholar: 12:53pm On Jan 01, 2022
SonugaMike:

Why did they delay your entry?

Nothing I can think off. At the point of entry you will meet with the custom and border patrol officers who will ask you why you are in the USA.

In my case after the brief interview I was asked to go for a secondary screening. I was taken to a room where I saw other persons waiting too. I spent about one hour before my name was called. The officer asked me to remove my nose mask so he can identity me with the picture on my passport. Immediately he confirmed it, he handed my passport to me and asked me to go. No questions asked. It had already been stamped ADMITTED.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by akinsolaoyelola: 1:24pm On Jan 01, 2022
Please which one is best? Puting funds in my wife account as my sponsor or using my personal account as self-funded student.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Josephjay970: 1:27pm On Jan 01, 2022
dakosta911:

Dm me
gee I need too. Thanks. Dont know how this DM thing works
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by patrona92: 1:48pm On Jan 01, 2022
Hello everyone, Happy Holidays
So I need to know your thoughts and advise
In 2018 after youth service I applied for a tourist visa
My purpose of travelling was to attend my brother graduation in Texas A&M university kingsville with my mum she got her visa to travel a month before my interview as she has travelled the previous year
I was denied
Fast Forward to 2021 I got admitted to Texas A&M university kingsville for spring session for Masters in Industrial management
My background
No funding
First Degree:Animal science
Total cost : 29,367
My interview was last month in Dec 2021
I was denied
V.O:Good Morning
Me :Good morning sir
V.O:I see you going to Texas A&M university Kingsville for Engineering management right
Me:I replied Industrial management
V.O:Okay
V.O:So your first degree was animal science and your current working in real estate management and now you want to study industrial how does that fit
Me- I replied I work as an agricultural sales consultant where I source clients looking to invest in agricultural lands to develop agricultural projects and the application of industrial management will give me the leverage to take up a higher managerial roles in agricultural institutes like the Federal Ministry of Agriculture as there is a big push to diversify the economy towards agriculture
V.O: Oh that good
V.O: So who is your sponsor
Me: My Aunt
V.O:Why your aunt and not your Parents
Me: She always ensured I get the right education to improve my career
V.O:what does she do
Me: she is a registered Nurse
V.O:In Nigeria or the US
Me: U.S
V.O:In Texas
Me:No in Chicago
V.O : Sorry you don’t qualify for this visa try next time
I have Deferred the admission for fall session I was looking at getting financial aid. But I have a GPA of 3.74 and I got a Gre score of 278 which was waived. I was told it low by someone and chances of getting funding won’t be possible
N.B: My aunt is a U.S citizen and I used her statement to get out my 1-20 because my mum statement didn’t have the complete balance but would be complete this coming fall so my mum will be my sponsor the next time
I don’t know where I got it wrong another thing bothering me is my brother is in U.S currently working but not in Texas does this limit my chances on my next trial .
Because on my DS -160 Form my brother is there also .
Please I need advice on what can improve my chances on my next trial as I heard changing school is a Red flag
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by crowniran(m): 3:22pm On Jan 01, 2022
Tamison:
Mine was automatically rescheduled.

Good day ma'am. How is NCAT. I intend to apply to NCAT for MS Industrial Engineering. What is the chance of getting funded please. Below is my profile
GPA:3.3/4
GRE:312(Q-163)
TOEFL :99

Are you aware if they fund MS students? Would have loved to consider PhD but my GPA is below the requirements. I look forward to your reply, ma'am.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Habs4800: 3:32pm On Jan 01, 2022
akinsolaoyelola:
Please which one is best? Puting funds in my wife account as my sponsor or using my personal account as self-funded student.

Gurus please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 5:21pm On Jan 01, 2022
Have you submitted your application to Boston University (BU)?
Ajoself:
Do I need to contact a professor before been admitted in US schools? I have started application in BU in US. I don't want to waste money and time. Please can I just fill in all the form and make payment or I would need to contact supervisor?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 6:56pm On Jan 01, 2022
Did you manage to submit your admission to UWM?
JO01:
Good day to you all. Please who has information about code for application fee waiver at University of Wisconsin,Madison. Although deadline for application is 15th December.
@ all. Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.