Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,773 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (686) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644545 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sparekey(m): 7:12pm On Jan 01, 2022
Good evening House, please can i get any school with HND lower credit?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Systrom(m): 7:20pm On Jan 01, 2022
Jboyossai:
Hello,

Thank you all for all the good work, I will really appreciate an answer to this.

I will be sponsoring my self for my programme.

My source of income is crypto/ forex trading.

So I want to know, when asked my source of income, if its a RED FLAG to say forex/crypto.
Nothing do you, you are good to go
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 7:23pm On Jan 01, 2022
Since you are living legally( residence visa) in Bostwana, why can't you provide strong ties to Nigeria and apply in Bostwana?
Rapture07:
Pls I need advice I have a residence visa from bostwana, so I was asking if its better to apply for US study visa in bostwana or Nigeria
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osof: 9:11pm On Jan 01, 2022
Good day. My original place of appointment was abuja. I requested for surge date in lagos and it was approved and I went for the interview which was denied. I still have my appointment in abuja intact on my page. Has anyone experienced this. The appointment was not cancelled. Should I cancel it myself or should I go for the interview on the appointment date.
beejhay69:
OK.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osof: 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2022
Please how did you go about it
mojolajesu:
Hello All,

I see a number of guys that are recently denied complaining that couldn't get another date. Well, from my experience, you have to keep checking till the date shows up oo. I don't advise you to choose the regular option, you definitely don't want to blow up your opportunity again.

It took me about 14 days of constantly checking to see Sept 2022. I chose the date and applied for EA which got approved yesterday.

NB: I was denied December 1st in Lagos and my new application is in Abuja.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Salsabil88: 9:18pm On Jan 01, 2022
Tinafusty:

Ok, does that mean no other money reflected on your I-20 form except the scholarship awarded $2500 ?
Yes ko other money except the $2500. Now I intended to deposit some funds as personal funds.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Salsabil88: 9:30pm On Jan 01, 2022
patrona92:
Hello everyone, Happy Holidays
So I need to know your thoughts and advise
In 2018 after youth service I applied for a tourist visa
My purpose of travelling was to attend my brother graduation in Texas A&M university kingsville with my mum she got her visa to travel a month before my interview as she has travelled the previous year
I was denied
You shouldn't have listed any of your relatives in US because they've their database on how they migrate. So you have to be on your own since you are going for studies. It will be perfect if your mum is sponsoring you as you can see he gave you a green light. So my advice here is just pray sincerely to Almighty Creator as He control all hearts.
Fast Forward to 2021 I got admitted to Texas A&M university kingsville for spring session for Masters in Industrial management
My background
No funding
First Degree:Animal science
Total cost : 29,367
My interview was last month in Dec 2021
I was denied
V.O:Good Morning
Me :Good morning sir
V.O:I see you going to Texas A&M university Kingsville for Engineering management right
Me:I replied Industrial management
V.O:Okay
V.O:So your first degree was animal science and your current working in real estate management and now you want to study industrial how does that fit
Me- I replied I work as an agricultural sales consultant where I source clients looking to invest in agricultural lands to develop agricultural projects and the application of industrial management will give me the leverage to take up a higher managerial roles in agricultural institutes like the Federal Ministry of Agriculture as there is a big push to diversify the economy towards agriculture
V.O: Oh that good
V.O: So who is your sponsor
Me: My Aunt
V.O:Why your aunt and not your Parents
Me: She always ensured I get the right education to improve my career
V.O:what does she do
Me: she is a registered Nurse
V.O:In Nigeria or the US
Me: U.S
V.O:In Texas
Me:No in Chicago
V.O : Sorry you don’t qualify for this visa try next time
I have Deferred the admission for fall session I was looking at getting financial aid. But I have a GPA of 3.74 and I got a Gre score of 278 which was waived. I was told it low by someone and chances of getting funding won’t be possible
N.B: My aunt is a U.S citizen and I used her statement to get out my 1-20 because my mum statement didn’t have the complete balance but would be complete this coming fall so my mum will be my sponsor the next time
I don’t know where I got it wrong another thing bothering me is my brother is in U.S currently working but not in Texas does this limit my chances on my next trial .
Because on my DS -160 Form my brother is there also .
Please I need advice on what can improve my chances on my next trial as I heard changing school is a Red flag
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Salsabil88: 9:40pm On Jan 01, 2022
patrona92:
Hello everyone, Happy Holidays
So I need to know your thoughts and advise
In 2018 after youth service I applied for a tourist visa
My purpose of travelling was to attend my brother graduation in Texas A&M university kingsville with my mum she got her visa to travel a month before my interview as she has travelled the previous year
I was denied
Fast Forward to 2021 I got admitted to Texas A&M university kingsville for spring session for Masters in Industrial management
My background
No funding
First Degree:Animal science
Total cost : 29,367
My interview was last month in Dec 2021
I was denied
V.O:Good Morning
Me :Good morning sir
V.O:I see you going to Texas A&M university Kingsville for Engineering management right
Me:I replied Industrial management
V.O:Okay
V.O:So your first degree was animal science and your current working in real estate management and now you want to study industrial how does that fit
Me- I replied I work as an agricultural sales consultant where I source clients looking to invest in agricultural lands to develop agricultural projects and the application of industrial management will give me the leverage to take up a higher managerial roles in agricultural institutes like the Federal Ministry of Agriculture as there is a big push to diversify the economy towards agriculture
V.O: Oh that good
V.O: So who is your sponsor
Me: My Aunt
V.O:Why your aunt and not your Parents
Me: She always ensured I get the right education to improve my career
V.O:what does she do
Me: she is a registered Nurse
V.O:In Nigeria or the US
Me: U.S
V.O:In Texas
Me:No in Chicago
V.O : Sorry you don’t qualify for this visa try next time
I have Deferred the admission for fall session I was looking at getting financial aid. But I have a GPA of 3.74 and I got a Gre score of 278 which was waived. I was told it low by someone and chances of getting funding won’t be possible
N.B: My aunt is a U.S citizen and I used her statement to get out my 1-20 because my mum statement didn’t have the complete balance but would be complete this coming fall so my mum will be my sponsor the next time
I don’t know where I got it wrong another thing bothering me is my brother is in U.S currently working but not in Texas does this limit my chances on my next trial .
Because on my DS -160 Form my brother is there also .
Please I need advice on what can improve my chances on my next trial as I heard changing school is a Red flag
You shouldn't have listed any of your relatives in US because they've their database on how they migrate. So you have to be on your own since you are going for studies. It will be perfect if your mum is sponsoring you as you can see he gave you a green light. So my advice here is just pray sincerely to Almighty Creator as He control all hearts.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Keren12: 9:54pm On Jan 01, 2022
Please guys i am finding it difficult to pay my application fee, Need assistance. Who is going to Texas Tech University for 2022 fall or summer.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 12:19am On Jan 02, 2022
Osof:
Good day. My original place of appointment was abuja. I requested for surge date in lagos and it was approved and I went for the interview which was denied. I still have my appointment in abuja intact on my page. Has anyone experienced this. The appointment was not cancelled. Should I cancel it myself or should I go for the interview on the appointment date.
Pay another visa fee and try getting another date. You can't outsmart the system.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dubsy20(m): 3:59am On Jan 02, 2022
Please when someone tries to create a profile to schedule and appointment and gets the error message “Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site Admin has been alerted”. What could be the possible cause as the email address has not been used to create any profile before now.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hurryup123(m): 4:38am On Jan 02, 2022
please recommend any low tuition fee community college for me please. applying with Olevel
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SamT987: 6:48am On Jan 02, 2022
I need advise on f2 Visa interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 6:49am On Jan 02, 2022
Hi boss, what if someone had been denied US visiting visa over 6 years ago? Do I have to mention it also if i am being asked if I had applied for US visa before?
Duisburg:

Something is wrong somewhere. You can email the consulate. While you do that, if you haven't been denied visa before, switch to Abuja, pick any available date and apply for Emergency there. They should give you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 7:01am On Jan 02, 2022
Hi Boss,
If i may ask, when did you finally submit your application for the graduate study?
lokoventurex1:
Good day good people.

Please guys advice. I now have an admission for my graduate studies for Fall 2022. My I-20 form has also gotten to me and it reads August 22 as program starting day.

When is the best time to apply for visa ?

And do I go about it, from SEVIS fee payment, MRV and the rest ?

Help a brother bikonu...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 7:20am On Jan 02, 2022
Good day boss,
I have a question, what if my wife will be a dependent( going with me) in my application, is it safe to mention her as a co sponsor or not?
Systrom:
Na you use your hand deny yourself visa

You shouldn’t have said your wife is a co-sponsor

By the way, when the VO asked you what you do for a living, what did you say?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 7:38am On Jan 02, 2022
Yes, I am here. Just patiently waiting for decisions to be released. All the best to us.
bukhety:
If you apply to the University of Florida, fall 2022, pls let's connect.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 8:29am On Jan 02, 2022
Hi Boss,
I am the applicant going for PhD and I have been working full time with savings. I hope to get funding as well.

Is it a red flag also if i am self sponsoring myself and 3 dependents? Though my wife has some funds also but I read earlier that having a spouse as a co-sponsor is a red flag. Should I just exclude my wife from co sponsoring me?
Your contribution Will Be appreciated. Thanks
Amenndmore:

i highly disagree with this, being self sponsored is very risky, i did it my first interview and i think it was the cus of of my denial, its better she leaves in her account and have her as your sponsor only.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 8:32am On Jan 02, 2022
Gokoyer1401:
Yes, I am here. Just patiently waiting for decisions to be released. All the best to us.
Oh! Thank you. I eventually mailed them and they said admission decision will come Feb ending to early march. The waiting is not easy but I have to. Regards.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 8:41am On Jan 02, 2022
Hi Boss,

I will surely contact you very soon for some enlightenments. Waiting for admissions' decisions to start rolling in for Fall 2022.
Muleriders:

That was what I had. I was admitted and graduated.

Evaluate your undergrad grade with WES
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 8:43am On Jan 02, 2022
I am seriously wondering too o
Systrom:
Why is being self sponsored very risky ? If the person is buoyant to sponsor his or herself

What is wrong ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 8:48am On Jan 02, 2022
Hi Madam,
I wish you all the best. You will share good news here soonest.
SeyImperial:
Please advise,
I hope to share my transcript on this forum.
Im going for interview for F2 visa by January with 3 kids. My husband is F1 and he left August 2021. But in 2016 I had applied for a Visit visa B1/B2 to attend a trade conference which was denied. No other application since then. I used my maiden name on the application then, even though I had gotten married since 2010.
How best can I answer a question asking why I did not indicate that I was married in my previous application?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 8:53am On Jan 02, 2022
So business, house and lands are all good home tie? In our case, we are planning to apply for F1 and F2 at the same time
GreatUniben:
Make sure you build on your home tie, such as a credible job, land or house. Tie your responses around your home tie. What is important in F2 visa is
1. Funding
2. Home tie
3. Plans for your children

Keep this four things in mind, build on them and thank me latter.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by billygreg: 8:59am On Jan 02, 2022
Please who has an idea of any US school that don’t require IELTS test score? And GRE waiver if possible.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Systrom(m): 9:03am On Jan 02, 2022
Gokoyer1401:
Good day boss,
I have a question, what if my wife will be a dependent( going with me) in my application, is it safe to mention her as a co sponsor or not?
If she is a dependent (F2)
You are good to go
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 9:09am On Jan 02, 2022
Thanks for your speedy reply, boss.

I am the F1 visa applicant. Yes, she is applying along with me as a dependent (F2).
Systrom:
You are good to go
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 9:12am On Jan 02, 2022
Boss, if you are targeting some form of funding/scholarship from those universities in USA, i will suggest that you write atleast English language proficiency test such as IELTS. Some universities are presently waiving GRE result, so it's safe to look for such schools to submit your applications.

You may want to state your CGPA(preferably over 4.0) so that Gurus can give more advice.
Goodluck.
billygreg:
Please who has an idea of any US school that don’t require IELTS test score? And GRE waiver if possible.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 10:11am On Jan 02, 2022
dubsy20:
Please when someone tries to create a profile to schedule and appointment and gets the error message “Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site Admin has been alerted”. What could be the possible cause as the email address has not been used to create any profile before now.
email support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mcafeez: 10:48am On Jan 02, 2022
Email me for your school application fee payment.

Success for everyone this 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Habs4800: 11:12am On Jan 02, 2022
Calebohilebo:
I got delayed in the Lagos Embassy today
M:E Good morning ma
V:O she didn’t respond then she said pass me ur documents
V:O How many schools did u apply to?
M:e I applied to 3 schools i mention them.then i was accepted by 2 mention them
V:O why this course
M:e Computer software engineering will help me solve complex and challenges problems with the latest innovations such and cloud computing and artificial intelligence will help solve problems faced by the IT department in my dad’s company when i return back to my country Nigerian
V:OWho is your sponsor
M:e My dad he is the ceo of ayodeji and associates company he runs a transport and logistics company he has been the ceo for 25 successful years now and i will be coming back to my country nigeria to help improve his company in the IT department
V:O Have u travelled out of the country before
M:e I haven’t heard any reason of traveling out up till now
V:O Do u work
M:e No
V:O sorry bla bla bla
Please expert in the house tell me where i got it wrong
go back there after 4 months with and tell them you are working now

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Habs4800: 11:15am On Jan 02, 2022
Systrom:
You are good to go
but if she is not a dependent and not traveling with him? I think it Not okay for a wife to co- sponsor, I did that just to create strong home ties despite having all the funds in my account yet got delayed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sparekey(m): 11:36am On Jan 02, 2022
Sparekey:
Good evening House, please can i get any school with HND lower credit?

Please can someone answer me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.