Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647777 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Juwon21: 6:02pm On Jan 14, 2021
Juwon21:

Thank you for the candid talk, expecting others to say something about this. Folks who did online class, kindly help and enlighten us on online class, and how you wade through the studies
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Juwon21: 6:05pm On Jan 14, 2021
[quote author=Juwon21 post=98059192][/quote]
Help out with this fellow NL
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by FutureSenator: 6:43pm On Jan 14, 2021
Friedpotato:

Thank you. Were you notified on the 7th or 6th?

Plus even you said phones except iphone and the rest aren't supported. Did you mean it can't connect to Wi-Fi and browse or it can't read their SIM

I was notified on the 6th. Of course iPhone is always good.

The problem with some phones is connecting to their network here (sim card). As someone mentioned, Samsung, iphone lg motorola etc are good. But infinix won't work with most US sims.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by osadestiny: 6:46pm On Jan 14, 2021
Friedpotato:
yes

Alright brother thank you very much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 14, 2021
FutureSenator:

Visa approved Tuesday Jan 5
Visa picked up Thursday Jan 7

_____

Nice. Bro pls check your mail.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nwaada: 7:51pm On Jan 14, 2021
RoastedCorn:
where did you do yours? Plus what verification do they do at the airport of the result?

Union Diagnostics in TEJUOSHO Yaba, Lagos.

So Qatar airline sent me a form to fill. At the airport, they requested for both the form and a copy of the test result. The test result was requested for at multiple points, so you may also need more physical copies or a soft copy you can easily display on request.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nwaada: 7:52pm On Jan 14, 2021
Lethhhgooo:
Thanks. If I may ask, in what medical center did you take the test and how much did it cost?

Union Diagnostics at TEJUOSHO Yaba, Lagos.
The charge is N50,400
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmeritusR: 8:05pm On Jan 14, 2021
my visa was refused but this people still keeps sending me emails and messages related to passport pick up , they said isolo Lagos, Kaduna and Benin is temporary closing for US visa passport collections did anyone got the same information? the last time it showed that my passport is still with the US consulate in their portal for more than 10days.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by naijaeclectic: 8:16pm On Jan 14, 2021
Lethhhgooo:
Has anyone here recently traveled to the USA? I would like to know if there were any COVID-19 test requirements before your flight or on arrival and how you went about it. Please indicate cost implications also.

Hi,

I got here about two weeks ago. I left via Turkish Airlines, and there was no requirement then. However, I recently learned that the US will start requesting for it from January 26, 2021.

Here's a link to an official document: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-19-information.html

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by naijaeclectic: 8:20pm On Jan 14, 2021
Platox:
Visa Approved at abt 7.45am today!

Transcript shortly.

Congratulations, Platox! Can't wait to hear about it.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pompeiimagnus: 8:23pm On Jan 14, 2021
Juwon21:
For folks that did the online option before resuming in-class, can you kindly share with us your experience, did you pay some tuition from Nigeria especially people without funding. My point is I want to know is it possible to start online in Nigeria, then pay for tuition when one resume in-class. People please share your experience and recommendations

Just to help, normally schools have a tuition payment deadline which is usually a few days before the semester begins. By that day, if you don't have an assistantship or scholarship that would reflect on your payment account, you would have to either pay in full or enroll in a payment plan for 3 installmental payments. The summary is that before the first day of classes each semester, you must have paid your tuition in full, or enrolled in a payment plan.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Friedpotato: 8:23pm On Jan 14, 2021
EmeritusR:
my visa was refused but this people still keeps sending me emails and messages related to passport pick up , they said isolo Lagos, Kaduna and Benin is temporary closing for US visa passport collections did anyone got the same information? the last time it showed that my passport is still with the US consulate in their portal for more than 10days.
when were you denied? and were you given your passport or it was taken for stamping?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by naijaeclectic: 8:26pm On Jan 14, 2021
Friedpotato:
Visa Approved
Undergraduate
Funding: Full ride
Graduated high school 2013
Second attempt.
Abuja Embassy
White V.O

Noticed from transcripts posted on here that the white V.O usually comes early and the black V.O starts later, so I decided to go very early even though my appointment was 8:15. I got there by 6:20 but the interview started few minutes to 9.

Me: Good morning
V.O: Good morning

Me: Before we start, I'd like to say that I'm very nervous and when I'm nervous, my talking is fast and distorted so if you don't hear what I'm saying just tell me to repeat it.
V.O: Don't worry, no reason to be nervous. So why are you going to the United States.

Me: I would be going to continue by undergraduate degree in biology at Edward Waters college in Florida. I started taking classes for the fall semester in Nigeria because of the pandemic and ended with a 4.0 GPA, I have my result with me.
V.O: wow, 4.0, that's great. (Then, Takes a look at my I-20), oh I can see you have a full ride, that's great.

V.O: (looks at me and sees that I'm kind of nervous) no need to be nervous.

V.O: so what will this degree do for you?
Me: I love biology, it's like my favourite subject in high school but most importantly I plan to pursue a career in biomedical research and biology would be a great foundational course for me. Also, this degree would enable me work at the Centre for excellence in reproductive health initiative where my uncle works.

V.O: Good, so where is this place you say your uncle works? Lagos or Abuja?
Me: Benin.

V.O: I intended to issue you your visa, this form contains information on how to pick your passport.

I'm really very happy and I thank everyone on NL. I started this journey in 2018 and I'm glad that God has crowned it with success. I paid MRV four times between November and now. Thankfully all the money I've used since I got admitted from SEVIS to MRV four times to samsung tablet, data and feeding while I was taking online class were external scholarships I got while taking classes this fall. Nothing is too much for God to do at all.

This is amazing. And that GPA, too! More grease to your elbow. Congratulations!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmeritusR: 8:35pm On Jan 14, 2021
Friedpotato:
when were you denied? and were you given your passport or it was taken for stamping?

I was denied on the 31st of December at Lagos consulate office and my passport was handed to me but I'm still kind of surprise with what I do always see as if my passport is with them.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by naijaeclectic: 8:36pm On Jan 14, 2021
Predstan:

If not Samsung, LG, Nokia or IPhone, It’s not supported. Better to buy one in Nigeria if you not willing to buy in the US...

Buy those nice looking jacket in Nigeria before coming. They are fucking expensive here especially for a naira-oriented fellow.

If you don’t want to go eat some Taco Bell, check Fil-A or some Chinese food in your first few months, better you drop some clothes and load some food stuff instead.

Fish!! Fish!! Fish!!! Dry ofcourse might be helpful since you will be eating more of Walmart’s turkey and chicken as you integrate into the system.
Ofcourse there are African Resturants but my fellow Nigerians , that poundo yam cost like 25dollars and the cray fish cost even more. So you get some idea of what to load??

There is Garri ijebu also, even Nigerian indomie but you know what that means?? Some more dollars to spend. You don’t want to spend your first few months calculating dollar to naira(it’s now even more expensive).

Charger! Charger!! Get an adaptor with 2 mouth socket. Your laptop, your phone that comes with 3 mouth plug can be converted in Nigeria with just 500 naira. It can cost you up to 30dollars in the US. Are you calculating that now? If yes, then save yourself of that calculation when you get here...

Connect! connect!! Connect!!! You need a place to stay for the first few months and someone to drive you to class. It’s so cold out there. Well, you can win that. I also walked to school everyday in January(spring semester).

Lastly, bring forth your brain, that’s the only way to survive. The land of opportunities offers it to not only the hard worker but to the intelligent workers. Intelligence often does not translate to Sabi Book. So man let’s hip this and grab those opportunities together...

You're right oh! I was so sorry for myself when I arrived with an Infinix phone and three-mouth charger. I finally had to get a new phone and a new SIM + two-mouth adapter thingy.

Thanks for the great advice. I have one last addition: if you like pepper, please just buy loads of pepper, and save it in a Ziplock bag. If not, you will have to look for "effective" pepper.

I wish everyone arriving soon a safe trip!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by naijaeclectic: 8:47pm On Jan 14, 2021
Also, If you're coming in within a few days and looking for 24hr COVID tests, you can head to AfriGlobal Medicare at 8 Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja. I got my test there around 1 pm on a Saturday, and I picked it on Sunday.

It's expensive (about N50,400 as of December 2020), but my decision to get a test was a last-minute decision, so I went for it.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Juwon21: 10:07pm On Jan 14, 2021
pompeiimagnus:

Just to help, normally schools have a tuition payment deadline which is usually a few days before the semester begins. By that day, if you don't have an assistantship or scholarship that would reflect on your payment account, you would have to either pay in full or enroll in a payment plan for 3 installmental payments. The summary is that before the first day of classes each semester, you must have paid your tuition in full, or enrolled in a payment plan.
Thank you for helping out with the question. The payment plan, is it something one can be doing for semester by semester bases
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 10:12pm On Jan 14, 2021
naijaeclectic:

You're right oh! I was so sorry for myself when I arrived with an Infinix phone and three-mouth charger. I finally had to get a new phone and a new SIM + two-mouth adapter thingy.

Thanks for the great advice. I have one last addition: if you like pepper, please just buy loads of pepper, and save it in a Ziplock bag. If not, you will have to look for "effective" pepper.

I wish everyone arriving soon a safe trip!

Habanero is so great to me ooo... the equivalent of rodo. Just a few can make you go nut if not calculated well.

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluwa18: 10:25pm On Jan 14, 2021
So sorry to post here, but can someone help me with USA immigration thread. I can’t find , not sure if it’s my eyes cry. Thank you and good luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pompeiimagnus: 11:07pm On Jan 14, 2021
Juwon21:

Thank you for helping out with the question. The payment plan, is it something one can be doing for semester by semester bases

Yeah sure, but the rule is that you must complete each semester payment at the end of that semester.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by charger247: 2:07am On Jan 15, 2021
Hey guys!

Please who is around Stuart, Florida I want to enquire about something.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lawali: 2:31am On Jan 15, 2021
EmeritusR:

I was denied on the 31st of December at Lagos consulate office and my passport was handed to me but I'm still kind of surprise with what I do always see as if my passport is with them.

My wife received same message too. I guess it’s system error for those that were earlier denied but valid information in case you are reapplying.

You now know the DHL office to use considering your interview date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lawali: 2:33am On Jan 15, 2021
felixboye1:
Visa Approved at Lagos Consulate.
After 4th attempt.. It's mercy of God.
Transcript later!!!

Congratulations. Your tenacity paid off.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MERCHANDISER: 4:16am On Jan 15, 2021
Muleriders:
Following....
I want to ask you a question regarding Wes Evaluation
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by naijaeclectic: 4:42am On Jan 15, 2021
Predstan:

Habanero is so great to me ooo... the equivalent of rodo. Just a few can make you go nut if not calculated well.

Ah, I had no idea. I will look for it during the next shopping trip. Gracias!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Anybodie: 4:50am On Jan 15, 2021
Friedpotato:
Visa Approved
Undergraduate
Funding: Full ride
Graduated high school 2013
Second attempt.
Abuja Embassy
White V.O

Congratulations Fried!!! At long last
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Anybodie: 5:01am On Jan 15, 2021
naijaeclectic:

I have one last addition: if you like pepper, please just buy loads of pepper, and save it in a Ziplock bag. If not, you will have to look for "effective" pepper.

Effective Pepper? Buy Habanero at Walmart (or elsewhere). Thank me later cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Anybodie: 5:03am On Jan 15, 2021
felixboye1:
Visa Approved at Lagos Consulate.
After 4th attempt.. It's mercy of God.
Transcript later!!!

Congratulations!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NoFap123: 6:43am On Jan 15, 2021
Predstan:

If not Samsung, LG, Nokia or IPhone, It’s not supported. Better to buy one in Nigeria if you not willing to buy in the US...

Buy those nice looking jacket in Nigeria before coming. They are fucking expensive here especially for a naira-oriented fellow.

If you don’t want to go eat some Taco Bell, check Fil-A or some Chinese food in your first few months, better you drop some clothes and load some food stuff instead.

Fish!! Fish!! Fish!!! Dry ofcourse might be helpful since you will be eating more of Walmart’s turkey and chicken as you integrate into the system.
Ofcourse there are African Resturants but my fellow Nigerians , that poundo yam cost like 25dollars and the cray fish cost even more. So you get some idea of what to load??

There is Garri ijebu also, even Nigerian indomie but you know what that means?? Some more dollars to spend. You don’t want to spend your first few months calculating dollar to naira(it’s now even more expensive).

Charger! Charger!! Get an adaptor with 2 mouth socket. Your laptop, your phone that comes with 3 mouth plug can be converted in Nigeria with just 500 naira. It can cost you up to 30dollars in the US. Are you calculating that now? If yes, then save yourself of that calculation when you get here...

Connect! connect!! Connect!!! You need a place to stay for the first few months and someone to drive you to class. It’s so cold out there. Well, you can win that. I also walked to school everyday in January(spring semester).

Lastly, bring forth your brain, that’s the only way to survive. The land of opportunities offers it to not only the hard worker but to the intelligent workers. Intelligence often does not translate to Sabi Book. So man let’s hip this and grab those opportunities together...

Saving this for the future

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmeritusR: 8:00am On Jan 15, 2021
please can anyone recommend a school that offers scholarship for undergraduate studies I want to change my school in my next application for fall semester and fire back.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 9:05am On Jan 15, 2021
naijaeclectic:

Ah, I had no idea. I will look for it during the next shopping trip. Gracias!

Check Kroger. It’s called habanero pepper . Gauge it though because it is really hot

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Toshod and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.