Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (760) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642815 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adeheritage: 11:45am On Feb 17, 2022
Iamhighbee70777:
Hi bosses in the house, kudos for the good job and timely responses on here, please I would like to know how long it takes cgi to approve an emergency appointment. I paid my Seviz and uploaded all relevant docs on 15/2/2022, my program starts 16/5/22…but I have to be there a month before. I know there is still time, but I am just curious
Try forgotten password
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 11:49am On Feb 17, 2022
Good morning. Hope you're doing fine.

Please who can recommend schools whose fall apps are still open?

No GRE or evaluation required, if possible. I have two youngies interested in MA.

Thank you in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Iamhighbee70777: 11:50am On Feb 17, 2022
adeheritage:

Try forgotten password

Can you please explain better? I don’t seem to understand this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adewaale: 12:07pm On Feb 17, 2022
Hey brooo, I’m waiting for admission decision from the school also. Same program. I’m trying to get my recommenders to submit all their letters before I submit the GA/GPSI application. Would like to connect w you if you don’t mind.

zigleary:
Good day everyone, great work you guys are doing here. We shall actualize our dreams and aspirations by God's Grace.
Please I have few questions I want to ask and hopefully I can get answers to them.

1. I applied to just one school (University of Illinois, Springfield) and I was given admission (previously applied for Masters Public Health in same school but didn't get it but I reapplied for Masters Business Administration with Certificate in Healthcare Management and was given admission for Fall2022 though conditional), I hope applying to just one school won't reduce my chances? I have submitted my GA/GPSI and Scholarship application, currently waiting for the results.

2. My sponsor (My Uncle with same surname is a citizen and Nurse in the US), I hope this is good? Though all my siblings are in Nigeria as regards family ties?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LexTheVI: 12:07pm On Feb 17, 2022
Friedpotato:
Visa Approved
Undergraduate
Funding: Full ride
Graduated high school 2013
Second attempt.
Abuja Embassy
White V.O

Noticed from transcripts posted on here that the white V.O usually comes early and the black V.O starts later, so I decided to go very early even though my appointment was 8:15. I got there by 6:20 but the interview started few minutes to 9.

Me: Good morning
V.O: Good morning

Me: Before we start, I'd like to say that I'm very nervous and when I'm nervous, my talking is fast and distorted so if you don't hear what I'm saying just tell me to repeat it.
V.O: Don't worry, no reason to be nervous. So why are you going to the United States.

Me: I would be going to continue by undergraduate degree in biology at Edward Waters college in Florida. I started taking classes for the fall semester in Nigeria because of the pandemic and ended with a 4.0 GPA, I have my result with me.
V.O: wow, 4.0, that's great. (Then, Takes a look at my I-20), oh I can see you have a full ride, that's great.

V.O: (looks at me and sees that I'm kind of nervous) no need to be nervous.

V.O: so what will this degree do for you?
Me: I love biology, it's like my favourite subject in high school but most importantly I plan to pursue a career in biomedical research and biology would be a great foundational course for me. Also, this degree would enable me work at the Centre for excellence in reproductive health initiative where my uncle works.

V.O: Good, so where is this place you say your uncle works? Lagos or Abuja?
Me: Benin.

V.O: I intended to issue you your visa, this form contains information on how to pick your passport.

I'm really very happy and I thank everyone on NL. I started this journey in 2018 and I'm glad that God has crowned it with success. I paid MRV four times between November and now. Thankfully all the money I've used since I got admitted from SEVIS to MRV four times to samsung tablet, data and feeding while I was taking online class were external scholarships I got while taking classes this fall. Nothing is too much for God to do at all.

Please could you put me through the procedure for getting this scholarship
email: taiworichie16@gmail.com
Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by WESTERNCR: 12:35pm On Feb 17, 2022
Good day gurus in the house. please I have been struggling to register a username at ustraveldocs since two days ago but each time I tried it kept giving me 'error that the site administrator has been alerted' pls could anyone give me a clue on how to register. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by WESTERNCR: 12:47pm On Feb 17, 2022
each time I tried to register at USTRAVELDOCS it kept giving me this error message "Errors

Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.
User could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last Name are entered as they are in your passport.

Has anyone experience this of late?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hardeydolarpo96: 12:55pm On Feb 17, 2022
slimmy2005:
you cannot get another emergency appointment. You would have to wait for an open date.

Thank you for the response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hardeydolarpo96: 12:56pm On Feb 17, 2022
sbot:

Do reapply for a new EA.

Mine was denied in Lagos, I then switched to Abuja and viola, it was approved.

But do note that once you reapply, you’ve exhausted your EA, to get another, you’d need to pay another Visa fee.

Cheers!

Thank you for this.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IntrovertGuy: 12:58pm On Feb 17, 2022
Mille:

I used the calculator. But now, I want to begin the process of paying the 208.

Good.

Please try to pay then send it to the school. Hopefully, they accept you.

Alternatively, it's useful for other schools you would be applying to later.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IntrovertGuy: 1:02pm On Feb 17, 2022
WESTERNCR:
Good day gurus in the house. please I have been struggling to register a username at ustraveldocs since two days ago but each time I tried it kept giving me 'error that the site administrator has been alerted' pls could anyone give me a clue on how to register. Thanks

Send a mail to support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

You'll get a no-reply mail almost immediately with a system generated username and password.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluh: 1:09pm On Feb 17, 2022
Please I need your help on this, I’m filling my day-160 now and I currently have no job experience as I recently completed my NYSC program last year in a construction company that isn’t even related to my graduate program which is mining engineering. I’m thinking of changing the work experience to a mining firm so at least I can have employment ties. Do you guys think it’s fine to do that or just go with the NYSC construction firm.

I’m thinking of putting ministry of mines and steel and a dredging company where I did my intern.

Please advice.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 1:22pm On Feb 17, 2022
WESTERNCR:

Check the attachment below:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by WESTERNCR: 1:25pm On Feb 17, 2022
Thank you so much

IntrovertGuy:

Send a mail to support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

You'll get a no-reply mail almost immediately with a system generated username and password.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Redfang: 1:27pm On Feb 17, 2022
Hello house please help. My sponsor wants to open a nutrition based company in Nigeria (it's not been established yet), hence his reason for funding my studies. Would it wise to say that my getting a master is conditional to my managing this business here in Nigeria. Do I have a strong case using this as home ties?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 1:40pm On Feb 17, 2022
Oluh:
Please I need your help on this, I’m filling my day-160 now and I currently have no job experience as I recently completed my NYSC program last year in a construction company that isn’t even related to my graduate program which is mining engineering. I’m thinking of changing the work experience to a mining firm so at least I can have employment ties. Do you guys think it’s fine to do that or just go with the NYSC construction firm.

I’m thinking of putting ministry of mines and steel and a dredging company where I did my intern.

Please advice.

It is advisable, to work in the same path your propose course of study is on and same with what you did during undergraduate. It is ADVISABLE!

and change you make in your profile, should also reflect on your social profile page(s) that you would fill and submit in your ds160.

Goodluck Champ!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Spanishmilf(m): 1:47pm On Feb 17, 2022
Spanishmilf:
Gurus in the house please help

In 2018 i applied for a visit visa i was brutally denied…
I want to study in the state i can’t book an appointment it directing me to my old email i used in 2018.. have forgotten about the emaik I don’t know the password and how to recover it, i created another profile with my new email it still directing me back to my old profile.. i wrote a complaint letter to them, they said they will get back to me in 1 or 2 business days it been a week no response
I need help please

Don’t mind my errors please

Still need reply pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Festher183: 1:49pm On Feb 17, 2022
Good afternoon,
Please if you did change of course for your Master's and you have like over a year experience in the new course how do you convince the VO
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Davidelus(m): 1:56pm On Feb 17, 2022
Erudite77:
Good morning. Hope you're doing fine.

Please who can recommend schools whose fall apps are still open?

No GRE or evaluation required, if possible. I have two youngies interested in MA.

Thank you in advance.

Apply for Austin peay, I'm also processing my application, they the easiest right now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 2:33pm On Feb 17, 2022
Spanishmilf:

Still need reply pls

If i get you; you need a like a new Cgi profile for your student visa or the last one should be re-active, then you update it.

Call their line. (Make sure you’ve huge airtime and be patient)

or

Make sure you keep bombarding their Support system with email. ( Support@ustraveldocs.com )

Your email SUBJECT should be ‘catchy’ to bring the possible reader attention.

It is not a biggie something for them to solve, it’s just them reading and replying that’s the problem.

Goodluck!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by zigleary: 2:42pm On Feb 17, 2022
Moshkom:

1. It won’t reduce your chances. But you can better just apply to another school(s), don’t forget the one you’ve at hand is even CONDITIONAL.
You can easily tell a VO you applied to 2 or 3, there’s no way to can confirm that info if not from you and the way you answer it.

2. KINDLY remove them from the picture. It’s never seems to be an added advantage to have ‘them’ there in this path. Yeah, find someone else to be your sponsor in 9ja.

Good luck champ!

Thanks for your review, I am trying to strategize who my sponsor should be now; I have close to 8yrs experience in the NGO and I want to pursue my MBA with Cert in Healthcare Management, should my Uncle (citizen in US) who wants to sponsor send me the funds to my account, my Dads', or my brother? My Dad is a retiree in a defunct bank, my brother is into quarry business.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 3:18pm On Feb 17, 2022
Davidelus:

Apply for Austin peay, I'm also processing my application, they the easiest right now

Thank you.

But GRE is required.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cutelass: 3:23pm On Feb 17, 2022
Mille:

Today I got a shocker from URI graduate school that my Msc does not meet the minimum graduate requirement of a 3.0. Hence, they will be overriding my supervisor and sending me a PhD rejection letter. After some back and forth, the graduate school's decision stands.

It is laughable because I am applying with a French grade of 14.3/20.
In all universities in Canada and the USA where international grade equivalencies is visible on their websites, a 14/20 grade is at least an A- or a 3.7. Even for WES and Scholaro, it is a perfect 4.0. I understand it is done course by course, but there is no way it will be less than a 3.0.

https://www.scholaro.com/grade-conversion/

My advice: once a school say credential evaluation is recommended. Please do it before applying. Only God knows what parameters was used for their own conversion. Maybe they don't understand French grades and just used a percentage or something because it is just funny to me.

It is the only school I applied to because I was sure of getting in after discussing with the supervisor.

Anyone with advice on schools for MSc Food Science for Spring intake that doesn't require GRE or IELTS? I don't think I'll apply for PhD again after being told to expect spending 6 years.

Pele o…with heir $89 app fee. It is well. Applied to same school with 4.0/5.0 (hope they won’t carry that play come my side). I haven’t heard from the Graduate school but I’ve been in touch with faculty from my department
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheSociopath(m): 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2022
welbeck1999:

I need help with application fee payment using credit card, any help pls, thank you
Barter by Flutter
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by decorum003(m): 4:01pm On Feb 17, 2022
Please will the I-20 requested from school be mailed to provided address or emailed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 4:22pm On Feb 17, 2022
I have received two rejected letters already with IELTS band of 7.5. i think it's highly competitive in schools that are waivering the test scores. I have 5 publications with bsc (2.1) and msc degree (4.1/5).

My advice for you is that you should try to write GRE and ace it. Only time will tell may be na Aussie be my destination at last. At the bolded, the gurus can advise you.

p.s, may be this will help other mates here, avoid university of Georgia, Athens and university of Michigan ann-arbor if you can.
Mille:

Today I got a shocker from URI graduate school that my Msc does not meet the minimum graduate requirement of a 3.0. Hence, they will be overriding my supervisor and sending me a PhD rejection letter. After some back and forth, the graduate school's decision stands.

It is laughable because I am applying with a French grade of 14.3/20.
In all universities in Canada and the USA where international grade equivalencies is visible on their websites, a 14/20 grade is at least an A- or a 3.7. Even for WES and Scholaro, it is a perfect 4.0. I understand it is done course by course, but there is no way it will be less than a 3.0.

https://www.scholaro.com/grade-conversion/

My advice: once a school say credential evaluation is recommended. Please do it before applying. Only God knows what parameters was used for their own conversion. Maybe they don't understand French grades and just used a percentage or something because it is just funny to me.

It is the only school I applied to because I was sure of getting in after discussing with the supervisor.

Anyone with advice on schools for MSc Food Science for Spring intake that doesn't require GRE or IELTS? I don't think I'll apply for PhD again after being told to expect spending 6 years.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Debbiey: 5:09pm On Feb 17, 2022
Send them a mail that they should help you open the account from their end.

WESTERNCR:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dfutbolar: 5:46pm On Feb 17, 2022
I will like to know how yiu were able to get visa dates within such such time frame repeatedly and of it was same location.

Thanks

Congratulations
aurelosiberu:
Na who give up, Bleep up!!!

Good morning everyone,
Thank you so much for the contributions and help received on this page.
Visa approved and I'm currently in the US.
God bless us all.

5th Visa attempt

4th F1 Visa attempt
(August, November, December 2021)
(January 12, 2022)

V.O: I can see you are going to Texas A& M university for your Msc in Environmental Engineering.

R: Yes ma that's correct (she no allow me land)

V.O: What's your post graduate plan

R: I will return back to Nigeria to take an advanced environmental engineering role at my current place of work Ogun State xxxxxxxx.

V.O: Oh! you need it for career progression. So you work in Ogun State xxxx

R. Yes, I work as an Environmental Engineer at Ogun State xxxxxxxx
where my job roles includes xxxxxxx

V.O: Typing.

Me: Ma, If I may add.
I had my fall 2021 semester remotely

V.O: ( She no even do like say she hear)
Do you have family in U.S

R: I have a cousin who just graduated from north carolina University.

V.O: Okay, I will be approving your visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cap91: 6:19pm On Feb 17, 2022
UmmZayd:

You can keep checking for closer date. If by paste April you don't get a closer one, you can apply for EA if you can.

Best of luck
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cap91: 6:20pm On Feb 17, 2022
UmmZayd:

You can keep checking for closer date. If by paste April you don't get a closer one, you can apply for EA if you can.

Best of luck
Please how do I apply for expedited date. I'm seeing Oct 4 but my school resumes May.
Please help me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 6:42pm On Feb 17, 2022
decorum003:
Please will the I-20 requested from school be mailed to provided address or emailed

Both.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 8:28pm On Feb 17, 2022
Cap91:

Please how do I apply for expedited date. I'm seeing Oct 4 but my school resumes May.
Please help me

There's a Emergency Appointment tab on your visa page. You can apply through there

(1) (2) (3) ... (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.