Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (757) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642224 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 12:10pm On Feb 15, 2022
ritsy02:
Please my programme duration is from August 23, 2022- May 31st, 2024, but my passport will expire in January, 2024 (before my programme ends).

Is this an issue please? Do I need to renew my passport, when I still have almost 2 years validity on it?

It's always advisable to use a passport with at least a 6 - month validity period prior to your interview date.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by decorum003(m): 12:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
Please I need help and it's urgent for people that have been issued I-20 from school with Loan application
My question is
Can I use the Loan application Only to request for my I-20 from the school will I be given because according to the school information on requesting for I-20, it was written that A Loan application is not enough.
School: Northeastern University (Boston)
Please I need experienced reply on this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pavoda: 12:52pm On Feb 15, 2022
Hi Nairalanders,

Been following this page, it's been indeed helpful for my B1/B2 visa interview, which held last friday. I have an issue, which I wish to know if anyone has encountered.

I was given a white paper, after my visa interview which i attended as a family with my Mum. The VO informed us that our application had been approved and we should expect to pick up the passport in abuja in a few days.

Subsequently i received an email with a notice to collect my mums Passport at DHL but did not get any notice email for mine.I decide to check the visa status of both mine and mum. Her visa status is ISSUED but mine says Administrative Processing, Last updated a day after the successful interview.

This is not my first US visa, but its the first time i have encountered this issue. Please, what does this mean? Does it mean the decision has changed from the Interview, Do I still have a chance? Or is it a denial?

For the interview, the transcript is as follows:

VO: Good morning and please pass me your passport .

Me/Mum: Good morning (Hands over docs).

VO: Takes Biometrics for Both of Us.

VO: I can see you are The Mum.

Mum: Yes sir.

VO: She is your Mum
Me: Yes Please,

VO: Where do you work
Me/Mum: I am a Civil Servant At the Central Bank, I work at The Bureau of Public Enterprise

VO: Do you have other children

Mum: Yes sir.I have 3 other children all in school. 2 in the USA and 1 in High School.

VO: what are you going to do in USA
Me: I intend to travel in the summer for a short holiday and to visit my 2 kids in the process.

VO: Begins typing for a few minutes (nodes, brings out a white paper ) your visa application is good to go and has been approved. We will send you a mail inq couple of days when to pick up your passport when visa is issued.

Me/Mum: Thank you sir.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sorsor(m): 1:47pm On Feb 15, 2022
sorsor:
Trying to schedule an appointment but I keep getting this error message,don't know what's wrong

Please is this how it does generally?

Please is this issue general
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tunde2222: 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2022
Can you share the way around it
Walspring:

Yes there is and it’s manual account registration for you via their system.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 2:14pm On Feb 15, 2022
ritsy02:
Please my programme duration is from August 23, 2022- May 31st, 2024, but my passport will expire in January, 2024 (before my programme ends).

Is this an issue please? Do I need to renew my passport, when I still have almost 2 years validity on it?

You will need a valid passport if you are planning to travel out and within the US
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by excel1960(f): 2:32pm On Feb 15, 2022
Fall 2022 session
Moshkom:

Which of the schools? Application against which session?

Fill form? Or you fill all the application process? Where you submitted this and that (Resume, Transcript and co).
After the filling and submission of all the requirements, you should receive email from the school that your application is now completed and you’re now to be on admission decision process.
Admission decision actually do take ‘time’, some 2weeks; 2months; 1week; 1month depending on the particular school.

So, you’ve to reach out to them to know if they receive your application and what next and/or how long are you to wait for decision.

PS: In this path, the best bet is to apply to minimum of 5 schools. So that expectation would be from “here and there” not just ‘here’, to avoid heartbreak. Lol.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Magma012: 2:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
NigPatriot:

It's always advisable to use a passport with at least a 6 - month validity period prior to your interview date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Opemz: 2:57pm On Feb 15, 2022
[quote author=pavoda post=110245951]Hi Nairalanders,

Been following this page, it's been indeed helpful for my B1/B2 visa interview, which held last friday. I have an issue, which I wish to know if anyone has encountered.

I was given a white paper, after my visa interview which i attended as a family with my Mum. The VO informed us that our application had been approved and we should expect to pick up the passport in abuja in a few days.

Subsequently i received an email with a notice to collect my mums Passport at DHL but did not get any notice email for mine.I decide to check the visa status of both mine and mum. Her visa status is ISSUED but mine says Administrative Processing, Last updated a day after the successful interview.

This is not my first US visa, but its the first time i have encountered this issue. Please, what does this mean? Does it mean the decision has changed from the Interview, Do I still have a chance? Or is it a denial?

For the interview, the transcript is as follows:

VO: Good morning and please pass me your passport .

Me/Mum: Good morning (Hands over docs).

VO: Takes Biometrics for Both of Us.

VO: I can see you are The Mum.

Mum: Yes sir.

VO: She is your Mum
Me: Yes Please,

VO: Where do you work
Me/Mum: I am a Civil Servant At the Central Bank, I work at The Bureau of Public Enterprise

VO: Do you have other children

Mum: Yes sir.I have 3 other children all in school. 2 in the USA and 1 in High School.

VO: what are you going to do in USA
Me: I intend to travel in the summer for a short holiday and to visit my 2 kids in the process.

VO: Begins typing for a few minutes (nodes, brings out a white paper ) your visa application is good to go and has been approved. We will send you a mail inq couple of days when to pick up your passport when visa is issued.

Me/Mum: Thank you sir.

[/quote

congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Opemz: 2:57pm On Feb 15, 2022
[quote author=Opemz post=110249062][/quote]

Congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 3:00pm On Feb 15, 2022
excel1960:
Fall 2022 session

You didn’t reply/answer; Just “Fall 2022 session”
the follow up questions, how do I know or remember the initial ‘talk’.

Lol

But if I can get you: some fall 2022 application decisions are still coming and forth coming. But to be on a save side, just email the particular school you’re expecting their decision to know “Howfa”. They would definitely let you know “Sup” with your application.

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Opemz: 3:02pm On Feb 15, 2022
Opemz:

Congratulations

please I need advice

Have been admitted for PhD program without fellowship but housing and meal scholarship for two years was attached

can I proceed to the embassy for interview? what is the hope of getting the visa. GRE score 325/340. Quant:168, verbal:157. I have 33 peer reviewed publications.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Semtu(m): 3:03pm On Feb 15, 2022
Svelte98:
Yes it's a personal experience. I've renewed 2 passports so far, was asked to submit the first one after renewal back in 2017 and when I went to renew the second one last month, after the biometrics I was told that I'd have to submit the expired one when I come to pick up the new passport. So I'm genuinely surprised people actually go home with the expired passport after renewal.

Nah, you don’t submit expired passport.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phoyeks: 3:43pm On Feb 15, 2022
ritsy02:

HI, You are good to go with your 2yrs valid Passport. You can always get it renewed in a Nigerian embassy closest to your
state of study in the U.S. Alternatively, you can also get it renewed in Nigeria if you do come to visit before its expiration.
Congratulations!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oyinkanashabi(f): 3:47pm On Feb 15, 2022
Please, I want to evaluate my secondary school transcript and wes asked for my waec of that year..and I use two sittings.what should I do Please advice?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 3:50pm On Feb 15, 2022
someone might need this;
Requisition ID: 13778
Post Doc Research Associate
Job Summary
Postdoctoral research associate is needed with expertise in developing and testing machine learning models based on physiological data. Familiarity with feature engineering of ECG and other physiological signals is preferred. Looking to fill a position that can work with Python code and Matlab in the signal processing and analysis of physiological recordings. This data will be used to test a neural network to classify normal and anomalous time series data. Additionally, transfer learning is necessary to translate this ML model from animal physiological data to clinical applications for human use diagnosis.

The Duerstock lab specializes in the use of wearable computing devices to monitor changes in the health of persons with chronic medical conditions, particularly those with disabilities and comorbidities.

Contact Dr. Brad Duerstock at bsd@purdue.edu. https://engineering.purdue.edu/DuerstockIAS

Education
PhD

Experience

FLSA Status
Exempt

https://careers.purdue.edu/job/West-lafayette-Post-Doc-Research-Associate-IN-47906/737586600/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 3:50pm On Feb 15, 2022
Oyinkanashabi:
Please, I want to evaluate my secondary school transcript and wes asked for my waec of that year..and I use two sittings.what should I do Please advice?

Request for the two and submit. Anything send to WES in ‘double’ is mostly of added advantage. If you’re in Lagos, go to Waec hq at Yaba to run the process.

There’s also as WES Thread on this NL, check out for similar situation like yours and follow up.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 5:17pm On Feb 15, 2022
Sir, did you get any form of scholarship?
Emmyn007:
Please, I got admission to study chemistry at the university of arkansas at little rock. I have been asked to provide proof of funds. And my family got a loan. The school is asking for a bank reference letter showing proof of funds. I was wondering if anybody here paid tuition before I -20 was released.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ritsy02: 6:33pm On Feb 15, 2022
phoyeks:

HI, You are good to go with your 2yrs valid Passport. You can always get it renewed in a Nigerian embassy closest to your
state of study in the U.S. Alternatively, you can also get it renewed in Nigeria if you do come to visit before its expiration.
Congratulations!

Thank you so much for this! ��
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ayofag(m): 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2022
Any Abuja dates?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by paschal808(m): 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2022
Please i need clarifications on this statement of account.
A politician is sponsoring me. The politician is also my Boss at work. A house of Rep member.

Should i fund my mum's account or use his statement?

Please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Planner99: 6:44pm On Feb 15, 2022
NigPatriot:

in answering your question, your chances are up to you, For a US visa application - there is never a level of certainty; the best you can do is be prepared. Something you should note again is that the F1 visa and B1/B2 visa are independent/separate visas - though your information when applying should be coherent for both. So, if your visit visa is approved and your F1 is refused after, they would not cancel your already existing visa (except that has changed)

Your case requires you to be able to set your priority in its best preference that suits you. Firstly, what timeline do you have in pursuing your masters program - you have a good record with regards to your previous travel. if I were you I would apply for a student visa.

thank you so much for ypur response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 7:07pm On Feb 15, 2022
fund your account instead of your mums.
Meaning your sponsor has transferred the funds to you.

paschal808:
A politician is sponsoring me. The politician is also my Boss at work. A house of Rep member.

Please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 7:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
paschal808:
Please i need clarifications

Please.
Maintain your Employer as sponsor. There's nothing to worry about.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ademeecee(f): 7:41pm On Feb 15, 2022
Greetings.

While completing my DS-160, I came across the employment section.

I'm currently engaged in the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC). Should i list NYSC as my employer or my PPA?

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bigheadday: 7:41pm On Feb 15, 2022
Osidowu:

Your Program starts in May and you are still looking for normal date.
You can request for an EA and get a favorable date. The date could be in this month sef.

My friend's program also starts in May, he requested for EA on Jan23 and got an interview date for Jan27.

I know there is a standard procedure but
sometimes it's not the case. Don't delay yourself.

Wow! Thanks for the update Osidowu, I was actually thinking I need to wait till 60 days to the time before I can request for an emergency date. Pls should I go ahead and schedule even if it’s in September I see then I request for an emergency date? Or better still guide me on how your friend did his own. Thanks boss. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 7:43pm On Feb 15, 2022
paschal808:

Please.
I'll advise you use his SOA.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 7:50pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yes!!!
ademeecee:
Greetings.

While completing my DS-160, I came across the employment section.

I'm currently engaged in the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC). Should i list NYSC as my employer or my PPA?

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IntrovertGuy: 8:06pm On Feb 15, 2022
Bigsecret:
Yes!!!

Yes to NYSC? or PPA?

(1) (2) (3) ... (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.