Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (773) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647627 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiaraLOVE(f): 8:31am On Feb 25, 2022
MznAirA:
Please how did you get the full funding.
The school I applied to did not give me this.

Hi,

When I applied to the school, I also indicated interest in their graduate assistant positions. So I sent a separate application for it.

Honestly, I applied in 2021, didn't get it but got a partial scholarship which only covered tuition costs, I rejected it and deferred to this year.

And I got it this year.

Just apply to where the money is in. Don't apply to school that don't offer funding or opportunities for Graduate Assistantships.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiaraLOVE(f): 8:32am On Feb 25, 2022
UmmZayd:

That's good. You can also drop the school so others in this category can apply

Saint Louis University.

It's a private university but they have a lot of funding & scholarships.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kaygirl33: 8:42am On Feb 25, 2022
gbegene2007:

VO: oh sorry
Me: No p.

VO: when last did you see your wife?
Me: 10th July, 2021, it’s been six months since I last saw my family.

VO: Everything looks good good, I will be approving your visa.

Me: Thank you.
Wow. Congratulations dear. Thank you for sharing your experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiaraLOVE(f): 8:47am On Feb 25, 2022
Lustre23:
I applied to a couple of schools for the fall semester but Truman State University missouri has been the only one that has responded with an admission letter and some sort of scholarship for my UG although they said my i20 will be ready by next month
Please i want anyone in Truman or planning to go so we can link up i will really appreciate

Congrats!

For me, it's saint louis university
missouri. Are you a graduate student?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiaraLOVE(f): 8:55am On Feb 25, 2022
Raphaelvalentin:
I just got admitted to Southeast Missouri university for Spring 2022. Is it late for visa application?

Did you later apply for the visa and start school in spring?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiaraLOVE(f): 8:57am On Feb 25, 2022
MiamiePizza:

No didn't submit no official transcript. I submitted an unofficial transcript and the school is Missouri s&t

Hi, I'd like to connect with nigerian students in Missouri.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiaraLOVE(f): 8:59am On Feb 25, 2022
[quote author=Oluh post=108138399]

I’m awaiting my I-20 form from Missouri S&t too with.

They'll send it. Is it for Fall 2022?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MznAirA(f): 9:07am On Feb 25, 2022
Thank you very much. This was helpful.
The school I applied to only gave me fellowship award which is really small compared to the COA.

I guess I would have to defer and try again. I would appreciate if you can give recommendation of schools you applied to.

Thank you
tiaraLOVE:

Hi,

When I applied to the school, I also indicated interest in their graduate assistant positions. So I sent a separate application for it.

Honestly, I applied in 2021, didn't get it but got a partial scholarship which only covered tuition costs, I rejected it and deferred to this year.

And I got it this year.

Just apply to where the money is in. Don't apply to school that don't offer funding or opportunities for Graduate Assistantships.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiaraLOVE(f): 9:17am On Feb 25, 2022
MznAirA:
The school I applied to only gave me fellowship award which is really small compared to the COA.

I guess I would have to defer and try again. I would appreciate if you can give recommendation of schools you applied to.

Thank you

The school is Saint Louis University, Missouri.

You just have to target Graduate Assistantship positions and not just scholarships because scholarship could be 2k, 8k but won't cover your full tuition.

Examples of graduate assistantships- professional, teaching and research assistant.

You will work for the school or department. And it always comes with full tuition waiver or fully funded tuition for the course of your appointment. Best still, it comes with stipend ranging from 1000-2500 every month depending on the school. Some even give you health insurance.

Best of luck dear!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiaraLOVE(f): 9:20am On Feb 25, 2022
MznAirA:

Thank you

I also want to mention that the bulk of your application matters not just tests and CGPA.

Work experience gives an edge.
A well written SOP too.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 9:23am On Feb 25, 2022
Juice2Pac:
Hello everyone, please can someone recommend any cheap hotel closer to the Lagos embassy.

From Obalende take bike going to HOTEL LAWA in School Campus. Most of the bike / bus people know there. They would drop you in-front of the hotel. 10k upward for room I guess.

If you’re going to the embassy the following morning, just take Korope (small bus) from the hotel, tell them USA embassy, it’s less than 13mins.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horkami: 9:43am On Feb 25, 2022
Kiiishiii:
If you got admitted for Spring semester Bowie state University, please quote me
Same here but for fall 2022....dont know what to do next. How can i get my I-210 form?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Zeeefold: 10:47am On Feb 25, 2022
I have resolved the issue.. I called and it was resolved immediately by the representative over the phone..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 10:58am On Feb 25, 2022
Good day everyone.

Please is there anyone who applied to Arts/Humanities on this forum? I've been seeing people in STEM.

Is it that Arts students are absent here?

Please anyone who is into language or Communication should signify.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MiamiePizza(m): 11:10am On Feb 25, 2022
tiaraLOVE:

Hi, I'd like to connect with nigerian students in Missouri.

I am leaving for my program Saint louis, missouri this fall
Will be leaving for my program this fall too. Hit me up on my email address
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lustre23: 11:10am On Feb 25, 2022
tiaraLOVE:

Congrats!

For me, it's saint louis university
missouri. Are you a graduate student?

Have you gone for your visa interview yet?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Michealjamal(m): 11:15am On Feb 25, 2022
Please guys, which would you advise for visa interview, Lagos or Abuja... P.s I stay in Lagos, fully funded offer.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 11:28am On Feb 25, 2022
Michealjamal:
Please guys, which would you advise for visa interview, Lagos or Abuja... P.s I stay in Lagos, fully funded offer.

You should look for Lagos date. It saves you the cost of traveling by road or air to Abuja but if you have where you can stay in Abuja with closer date before resumption, you can go there too. But check Lagos first to reduce miscellaneous expenses.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Michealjamal(m): 11:46am On Feb 25, 2022
Thank you

You should look for Lagos date. It saves you the cost of traveling by road or air to Abuja but if you have where you can stay in Abuja with closer date before resumption, you can go there too. But check Lagos first to reduce miscellaneous expenses.

Best of luck[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 12:07pm On Feb 25, 2022
Why is it taking the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa centuries before making admission decisions?

This is no longer bearable o.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 1:31pm On Feb 25, 2022
Erudite77:
Why is it taking the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa centuries before making admission decisions?

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 2:23pm On Feb 25, 2022
[quote author=Moshkom post=110537999][/quote]

Chai!!!

These people no show love o!

I'm flabberwhelmed and overgasted because this is a tornado!

Thanks so much, boss.

Would you mind connecting with you via email?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 2:42pm On Feb 25, 2022
Erudite77:

Chai!!!

These people no show love o!

I'm flabberwhelmed and overgasted because this is a tornado!

Thanks so much, boss.

Would you mind connecting with you via email?

Oh! Lol.

Feel free boss.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Princessemily: 3:41pm On Feb 25, 2022
Anyone applying to Georgia state university, can we connect
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiaraLOVE(f): 3:41pm On Feb 25, 2022
Lustre23:

Have you gone for your visa interview yet?

Nope, not yet. I just received my admission decision from the school this week
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiaraLOVE(f): 3:42pm On Feb 25, 2022
Erudite77:

Calm down..most decisions are even made in March.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiaraLOVE(f): 3:44pm On Feb 25, 2022
Michealjamal:

Please just do your interview in Lagos. What's yours is yours. If its your time, it's your time.

Calm down.

Don't start running Kitikiti to Abuja for visa interview.

Flight is 50k now o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pufframmy: 4:33pm On Feb 25, 2022
we that already book abuja now in soup lol

tiaraLOVE:

Please just do your interview in Lagos. What's yours is yours. If its your time, it's your time.

Calm down.

Don't start running Kitikiti to Abuja for visa interview.

Flight is 50k now o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 5:01pm On Feb 25, 2022
[quote author=Moshkom post=110537999][/quote]
This cannot be true for all departments
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phemorhino(m): 5:15pm On Feb 25, 2022
Good evening fam, please is there anyone here that is currently enrolled in University of Denver, or just got admitted?
I need some clarifications please

PM me please oooo
Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OMOZ1(m): 5:56pm On Feb 25, 2022
Princessemily:
Anyone applying to Georgia state university, can we connect

Yes, see my signature, let's create a WhatsApp group,

You can
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Princessemily: 6:26pm On Feb 25, 2022
OMOZ1:

Yes, see my signature, let's create a WhatsApp group,

You can
you can leave your WhatsApp number, are you applying for fall 2022 ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.