Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (784) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642613 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 6:01pm On Mar 03, 2022
ok but I am only concerned about the money you will spend in the pathway, why not get graduate school straight. Your CGPA IS VERY HIGH I must confess mine was 2.95/5 and I got Masters's without any standardized test and also got a GA.
I will advise you to do more search instead of taking this.

vivasimby94:

Thank for your response.
I was a pure novice until I joined this platform. I used an agent and he advised me on that because I have 3.13/5.0.
Pls is there anything wrong with that. He explained it’s like a foundation to applying for graduate program.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 6:03pm On Mar 03, 2022
I sent you a PM
vivasimby94:

Thank for your response.
I was a pure novice until I joined this platform. I used an agent and he advised me on that because I have 3.13/5.0.
Pls is there anything wrong with that. He explained it’s like a foundation to applying for graduate program.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by olajigaolamide: 6:16pm On Mar 03, 2022
Hello guys, can I find appointment with US embassy for interview for the fall semester
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 6:44pm On Mar 03, 2022
vivasimby94:
I have gone really far. Expecting the school to send the I-20 before Monday . I just want to one if graduate pathway has any effect on visa interview. Wouldn’t have accepted it from the agent if this page was fund earlier because I actually felt a rye f way about it.

Okay it's not a problem. The VO might ask you, "Why Graduate Pathway and not a MSc or Phd"
It's not a big deal really. Just be calm and prepare a possible response. Just relax and finish the process.

Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Wendywilson: 7:10pm On Mar 03, 2022
Can I send you a message please?

chibertha:
ok but I am only concerned about the money you will spend in the pathway, why not get graduate school straight. Your CGPA IS VERY HIGH I must confess mine was 2.95/5 and I got Masters's without any standardized test and also got a GA.
I will advise you to do more search instead of taking this.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 8:24pm On Mar 03, 2022
Easter Illinois University is currently waiving its app fee ($30).

If interested, please shoot your shot.

Success.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Beelkiz(f): 8:31pm On Mar 03, 2022
Kaygirl33:

Please, I am interested in Lagos appointment. Can I dm you please?

Yes you can.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fawaz12345: 8:44pm On Mar 03, 2022
Has anyone traveled on b1/b2 visa and change status to F1?? How was the process
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sudo1986: 10:14pm On Mar 03, 2022
Please who applied to the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign?
I can't hold the waiting again.

I was interviewed and was told that they will get back to me by the middle of March. Till now, nothing g has surfaced.

I contacted the program chair and he said they have mailed the admission letters through the US mail to those that are admitted.

My portal still shows AWAITING DECISION. Have you guys experienced this before?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bladavid: 10:44pm On Mar 03, 2022
Kaygirl33:

Congratulations dear
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bladavid: 11:02pm On Mar 03, 2022
Hello guys, i got admission into texas tech university for fall 2022, i tried scheduling an appointment and the only available dates were in October, how do i go about this? Also, if you are going to texas tech for fall session, please PM me.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by freezy4me: 11:08pm On Mar 03, 2022
For anyone interested

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 11:21pm On Mar 03, 2022
Wendywilson:
Pls if a professor is ready to accept you to his lab and encourages you to apply to the school. How can his acceptance to his lab increases the chances of getting admitted into the school?

Most definitely, if a professor is ready to accept you. It means the both of you have shared some correspondence - which should include transcripts, CVs test scores etc, and most likely you've met the basic requirement to be given admission. Which is why he is ready to accept you. At this point, do your due diligence by checking the basic requirement of your course from the schools website. If I were you, I wouldn't even be asking. What do you stand to lose? Application fee? Now look, what you stand to gain - tuition covered, stipends, high chance of visa approval, entry into a land of opportunities.
I've said too much.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Newone2468: 12:37am On Mar 04, 2022
I know a friend who has been admitted with funding. But since you are told to wait till middle of march, just chill.
sudo1986:
Please who applied to the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign?
I can't hold the waiting again.

I was interviewed and was told that they will get back to me by the middle of March. Till now, nothing g has surfaced.

I contacted the program chair and he said they have mailed the admission letters through the US mail to those that are admitted.

My portal still shows AWAITING DECISION. Have you guys experienced this before?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bishopkinkin: 1:59am On Mar 04, 2022
I’m exactly in same boat, same Cgpa, graduate pathway also before main course. Please what would be the best answer to give the VO, as my agent advised me that because my Cgpa was low and the course was quite competitive for Direct master I should go for graduate pathway. I already paid the tuition deposit sadly just waiting I-20

UmmZayd:

Okay it's not a problem. The VO might ask you, "Why Graduate Pathway and not a MSc or Phd"
It's not a big deal really. Just be calm and prepare a possible response. Just relax and finish the process.

Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluh: 2:09am On Mar 04, 2022
philip2014:
Visa approved. March 3rd. 2022.

Transcript.
V.O. = Good morning, pass me your documents.
V.O = interpretes the i20 back to me
V.O. = What's your thesis that the institution is spending this much to sponsor you.
Me= I will be conducting biomolecular experiments to control Cotton diseases and ....( she cuts in)
V.O. = What's your long term plan after this Msc.
Me=I want to come back to Nigeria to help young researchers grow
V.O: types for sometimes and spoke the magic words
Mr. Philip Congratulations, your visa is approved, please always be with your i20 always( hands me the white paper).

I want to thank everyone that shared useful information on this thread. Most especially Mr. Komolafe for his mock interview and ginger early this morning b4 going to the embassy.

Congratulations bro. God did it, many more testimony to go on here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by vivasimby94(f): 6:26am On Mar 04, 2022
bishopkinkin:
I’m exactly in same boat, same Cgpa, graduate pathway also before main course. Please what would be the best answer to give the VO, as my agent advised me that because my Cgpa was low and the course was quite competitive for Direct master I should go for graduate pathway. I already paid the tuition deposit sadly just waiting I-20

Pls if you’ve gotten a response let me know. Awaiting I-20 also. Pls which school is yours?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AnaCheks(m): 9:40am On Mar 04, 2022
freezy4me:
For anyone interested
Good morning. It's still asking for App fee. How do I navigate it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 10:14am On Mar 04, 2022
bishopkinkin:

You're always adviced to go without agent for this US F1 visa "hustle". Any information you want has been posted here if you read through previous threads - I can bet you'll find what you're looking for. Many (not all) of these agents are just after how to get your money. And you can always ask questions, there are people just like myself that can answer such. With CGPAs of even 2.75/5.0 you can get a direct masters to schools in the US. You just have to know the right school to apply to, and know how to finetune your profile to fit into what the school requires. By fine-tuning I mean your Statement of Purpose is one of the most important documents after your transcripts. You have to sell yourself, there is more to you than your CGPA. Am I right?

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 10:43am On Mar 04, 2022
NigPatriot:

You're always adviced to go without agent for this US F1 visa "hustle". Any information you want has been posted here if you read through previous threads - I can bet you'll find what you're looking for. Many (not all) of these agents are just after how to get your money. And you can always ask questions, there are people just like myself that can answer such. With CGPAs of even 2.75/5.0 you can get a direct masters to schools in the US. You just have to know the right school to apply to, and know how to finetune your profile to fit into what the school requires. By fine-tuning I mean your Statement of Purpose is one of the most important documents after your transcripts. You have to sell yourself, there is more to you than your CGPA. Am I right?
Hello, pls can you suggest some schools my sister can apply to. Her Cgpa is 2.76 out of 5. She is almost giving up. She is looking for either funding or mpower loan.
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jboss37: 10:48am On Mar 04, 2022
NigPatriot:

You are right brother. Most of these agents are scammers and the genuine ones among them will use you to make money. Also they won't put their best to work for you especially helping you to get Assistantship with full tuition waiver. Hopefuls, nairaland taught me most of I know today. Calm down, take days to read through previous thread and part. This MSc in US requires you do it yourself. Having a high CGPA is good, but if you have 2.2 you can still get Admission. Ignore those discouraging you. I GOT ADMITTED TO VIRGINIA TECH WITH FULL FUNDING AND MONTHLY STIPEND. I DIDN'T WRITE ANY STANDARDIZED TEST AND I GRADUATED WITH 2.2. FIRE YOUR SHOT, but make your application strong through good CV and SOP. I uploaded samples of academic CV for those interested.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bambarino: 11:10am On Mar 04, 2022
g

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.