Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,277 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (790) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642654 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 5:33pm On Mar 07, 2022
you are right.
It is so annoying how these agents make people spend hard-earned money.
NigPatriot:

You're always adviced to go without agent for this US F1 visa "hustle". Any information you want has been posted here if you read through previous threads - I can bet you'll find what you're looking for. Many (not all) of these agents are just after how to get your money. And you can always ask questions, there are people just like myself that can answer such. With CGPAs of even 2.75/5.0 you can get a direct masters to schools in the US. You just have to know the right school to apply to, and know how to finetune your profile to fit into what the school requires. By fine-tuning I mean your Statement of Purpose is one of the most important documents after your transcripts. You have to sell yourself, there is more to you than your CGPA. Am I right?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 5:35pm On Mar 07, 2022
Na so
Jboss37:

You are right brother. Most of these agents are scammers and the genuine ones among them will use you to make money. Also they won't put their best to work for you especially helping you to get Assistantship with full tuition waiver. Hopefuls, nairaland taught me most of I know today. Calm down, take days to read through previous thread and part. This MSc in US requires you do it yourself. Having a high CGPA is good, but if you have 2.2 you can still get Admission. Ignore those discouraging you. I GOT ADMITTED TO VIRGINIA TECH WITH FULL FUNDING AND MONTHLY STIPEND. I DIDN'T WRITE ANY STANDARDIZED TEST AND I GRADUATED WITH 2.2. FIRE YOUR SHOT, but make your application strong through good CV and SOP. I uploaded samples of academic CV for those interested.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 5:37pm On Mar 07, 2022
this might be of help
https://www.marshall.edu/biology/graduate/
100% tuition waiver with stipend

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 5:45pm On Mar 07, 2022
you de mind those ones
Gokoyer1401:
Accept my congratulations sir.
Indeed, USA is a land of opportunities. Canadian VO may be asking you, "purpose of visit", since you already had atleast one Msc.
Go forth and shine sir.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 5:50pm On Mar 07, 2022
EASY WAY TO SEARCH FOR SCHOOL IN USA
Pick a state
lookup the state on Wikipedia
go to education on the state wiki page

then the list of universities

all the schools in the state will be displayed then look them up one after the other for your interest and need very simple

don't forget to have your pen and paper handy

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 6:50pm On Mar 07, 2022
how una dey
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nwobini1308: 6:58pm On Mar 07, 2022
Dear House,

Please I am filling for a J1 visa this March 2022 and I am wondering likely questions from the VO. I have not been to the US before but studied in UK and France. I got a postdoctoral position in Los Angeles and thinking if anyone had passed through this exact process of J1?
Is it better to apply together now with my family or invite them when am in US already ?

I will appreciate your kind answers please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by saintbizero: 7:38pm On Mar 07, 2022
Hello house, I just recieved my I-20 form this evening and there is a major concern on it, my date of birth on my passport page is different from the date of birth on i-20 form. Anyone with this kind of issues should advice me on this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Progress100: 7:38pm On Mar 07, 2022
Here’s my friend’s transcript.

Interview held today at Abuja.
Visa Delayed. (He’d like to know the possible reasons for his delay)

I was supposed to be next to a woman who was giving people white paper. When it was my turn she asked me to wait and let the person behind me jump and she asked me to wait for the lady refusing people.

Vo: Good morning

Me: Good Morning Ma

Vo: asked me to pass my i20 and asked me to thumbprint. While taking the thumbprint I told her I stutter. She said ok.

Vo: You are going to Jacksonville University for MBA BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION.

ME: yes, I'll be going to JU to study Master's in business administration in healthcare management.

Vo: What do you do?

Me: I currently work as a human resources manager at XXXX

Vo: I see you have a master's degree in Cyprus.

Me: Yes, I had a master's degree in Innovation and knowledge management at xxxx

Vo: why this course?

Me: Out of passion and I’d like to continue my career path in the healthcare sector. While working as an HR manager at my current job. I discovered there are a lot of opportunities to explore the healthcare sector in my state and Nigeria at large and nobody is taking advantage of it. Some of the opportunities are Health insurance, Healthcare Marketing, Healthcare tech but I'll be focusing on Health Administrative which is about administrative efficiency, legal compliance, work environment, procedural flow, financial processes, healthcare innovation, and development. *( but I was stuttering). It's a stigma from birth *tears* but VO was nodding to be Interested. she was typing on the computer

Vo: cut in *( I was stuttering for seconds with a big gap to recover*

Me: I'm sorry ( feeling embarrassed )* I loss the momentum.

Vo: what will you be doing with your course.

Me: I was confused ( I felt I just explained about the course and what ill be focusing on.

So, I said I'll be coming back to Nigeria diving into the opportunities in the healthcare sector, and ill like to work in the Nigeria Institute of health. I was explaining still talking *( but stuttering )*

Vo: cut in. Looking at me and gave me the blue slip.

Me: what happened?

Vo: it's written in the letter.

Me: I said because of stuttering disability? She kept looking into my eyes and said pick your passport.

I couldn't comprehend the horrible experience. It was like when I had my first heartbreak.

I found an elderly man that came to me with his wife to hug me and said don't give up. He's a USA citizen

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tyleet: 7:42pm On Mar 07, 2022
@everyone pls I have some questions about Mpower loan. 1. If I get approved for the loan but my visa gets denied, what will happen?
2. What if I get to the US and after landing I decide to attend a different school other than the one the mpower loan was approved for, what will happen?
Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Beelkiz(f): 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2022
Hello everyone,
I applied for an EA last two weeks Wednesday. I uploaded my Admission letter, sevis fee and I20. I didn't get any email of acknowledgement, denial or acceptance.

I checked my portal today and I realised that the status of my previous (first) appointment was changed to cancelled. Abeg which way��� laik this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2022
notify your school to rectify it.
saintbizero:
Hello house, I just recieved my I-20 form this evening and there is a major concern on it, my date of birth on my passport page is different from the date of birth on i-20 form. Anyone with this kind of issues should advice me on this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Beelkiz(f): 8:24pm On Mar 07, 2022
saintbizero:
I'm sure the one on your passport is the correct one, notify the school, have them change it immediately. I had the same experience as well.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Boland(m): 8:47pm On Mar 07, 2022
Walspring:

Am here. I got your PM and I replied since morning but no response from you till now.

Check your email junk or spam if you didn’t see my reply in your inbox.
Hello, sir.

I want to do mock interview.

Check your pm.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by yourfavemls(f): 9:05pm On Mar 07, 2022
Ock4:

Hi did you get the admission?
Yes I did

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Maxidooo1990: 9:10pm On Mar 07, 2022
chibertha:
EASY WAY TO SEARCH FOR SCHOOL IN USA
Pick a state
lookup the state on Wikipedia
go to education on the state wiki page

then the list of universities

all the schools in the state will be displayed then look them up one after the other for your interest and need very simple

don't forget to have your pen and paper handy

You can also use edurank.org. I think this is easiest site to look up for school around the globe, subject areas and others. The wonderful thing is that the link to the school websites are there. Just check it out.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babnxst93: 9:10pm On Mar 07, 2022
But wait ooo does Lagos grant emergency date ? Cos I’m scared a little having chosen Lagos as my interview location
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babnxst93: 9:11pm On Mar 07, 2022
Lagos ?
Beelkiz:
Hello everyone,
I applied for an EA last two weeks Wednesday. I uploaded my Admission letter, sevis fee and I20. I didn't get any email of acknowledgement, denial or acceptance.

I checked my portal today and I realised that the status of my previous (first) appointment was changed to cancelled. Abeg which way��� laik this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by uchennangene(f): 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2022
Dominiok:
I received my updated i-20 after 10 working days. I had to ask a student who also deferred from fall 21 to spring 22 how she went about it, and she told me to re-upload. I will advice you to call Pri. and let him know how urgent you need it.

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by freezy4me: 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2022
Anyone interested in applying for Masters in Industrial Engineering at University of Michigan Dearborn and needs application fee waiver code should indicate

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Beelkiz(f): 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2022
Babnxst93:
Lagos ?

Yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bustlezach01(m): 9:54pm On Mar 07, 2022
maridrug:
Is university of Bridgeport a reputable institution?
I didn't see their name on MPower financing scheme for loan application.

Bridgeport is on Mpower financing scheme. You can check again
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by saintbizero: 9:58pm On Mar 07, 2022
Beelkiz:

I'm sure the one on your passport is the correct one, notify the school, have them change it immediately. I had the same experience as well.
Did you eventually get your visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babnxst93: 10:05pm On Mar 07, 2022
When is your resumption
Beelkiz:

Yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 10:42pm On Mar 07, 2022
Progress100:
Here’s my friend’s transcript.

Interview held today at Abuja.
Visa Delayed. (He’d like to know the possible reasons for his delay)

I was supposed to be next to a woman who was giving people white paper. When it was my turn she asked me to wait and let the person behind me jump and she asked me to wait for the lady refusing people.

Vo: Good morning

Me: Good Morning Ma

Vo: asked me to pass my i20 and asked me to thumbprint. While taking the thumbprint I told her I stutter. She said ok.

Vo: You are going to Jacksonville University for MBA BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION.

ME: yes, I'll be going to JU to study Master's in business administration in healthcare management.

Vo: What do you do?

Me: I currently work as a human resources manager at XXXX

Vo: I see you have a master's degree in Cyprus.

Me: Yes, I had a master's degree in Innovation and knowledge management at xxxx

Vo: why this course?

Me: Out of passion and I’d like to continue my career path in the healthcare sector. While working as an HR manager at my current job. I discovered there are a lot of opportunities to explore the healthcare sector in my state and Nigeria at large and nobody is taking advantage of it. Some of the opportunities are Health insurance, Healthcare Marketing, Healthcare tech but I'll be focusing on Health Administrative which is about administrative efficiency, legal compliance, work environment, procedural flow, financial processes, healthcare innovation, and development. *( but I was stuttering). It's a stigma from birth *tears* but VO was nodding to be Interested. she was typing on the computer

Vo: cut in *( I was stuttering for seconds with a big gap to recover*

Me: I'm sorry ( feeling embarrassed )* I loss the momentum.

Vo: what will you be doing with your course.

Me: I was confused ( I felt I just explained about the course and what ill be focusing on.

So, I said I'll be coming back to Nigeria diving into the opportunities in the healthcare sector, and ill like to work in the Nigeria Institute of health. I was explaining still talking *( but stuttering )*

Vo: cut in. Looking at me and gave me the blue slip.

Me: what happened?

Vo: it's written in the letter.

Me: I said because of stuttering disability? She kept looking into my eyes and said pick your passport.

I couldn't comprehend the horrible experience. It was like when I had my first heartbreak.

I found an elderly man that came to me with his wife to hug me and said don't give up. He's a USA citizen

I'm sorry for the delay, but tell your friend it's not about his stutter. I stutter too, and it gets pretty bad when I'm tensed. During my interview, before I started, I wrote on a piece of paper boldly "I STUTTER" and showed the lady, she smiled and said alright. Gave me enough time to say everything I had to say.

(S)he should apply again. Goodluck.

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 10:49pm On Mar 07, 2022
freezy4me:
Anyone interested in applying for Masters in Industrial Engineering at University of Michigan Dearborn and needs application fee waiver code should indicate

Please, I have a friend who is interested. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jermer25: 10:51pm On Mar 07, 2022
Expect it around April or May
Avivian030:

Last year Dec. Applied Statistics. Got any info?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babnxst93: 11:02pm On Mar 07, 2022
Once it’s past 60 days to the start of one’s program would the emergency date be granted ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dolcecorazon: 12:01am On Mar 08, 2022
blexin094:

etbadegoke@gmail.com
Fabricsmain@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bustlezach01(m): 12:17am On Mar 08, 2022
Hello house,
When is the most appropriate time to apply for EA? Must it be within the 60 days of resumption.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 12:54am On Mar 08, 2022
saintbizero:

You will have to inform your school
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Schrodinger2(m): 1:09am On Mar 08, 2022
dydx2020:
How do u answer this question from a Visa Officer ?

VO: How do you know about this School ?

I need answers please ??

Back!

Tell the VO how you got to know the school.

Basically, they want to see the hard work you put in in this phase. That is, how intentional you were.

(1) (2) (3) ... (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.