Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (793) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647374 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omalichanwa30(f): 9:23am On Mar 09, 2022
tonnymexx:

Congratulations.. Please how do you go about securing this admission? Please I will need the list of documents needed for admission and the period of time for application? Dose the school accept bsc at age 23? Cos I had bsc already but I want to go for another bsc

Thanks
How can I get in contact with you, Iā€™m going for another bsc too
WhatsApp me 07048224003
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Danielsoncollin(m): 9:45am On Mar 09, 2022
Good morning.
Please I would love to join.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Danielsoncollin(m): 9:48am On Mar 09, 2022
UmmZayd:

I don't know the type of information you are looking if. If it's "schools in the US that gives scholarship for undergraduate programs" then you should see different schools popping up. Another way is to search state by state. There are 52 states so you can take them one by one. I'm sure by the time you get to the 10th state you should have at list 20 schools. If not, there was a list of schools posted on the previous page you can start from those ones too. They all have undergraduate programs.

Best of luck
Till now, I haven't seen a school offering full scholarship. That is why I am asking for recommendations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 10:29am On Mar 09, 2022
shekhaz:
I need the experienced ones to help with this. I am a single mum with two kids going for MBA by Spring/Summer. I have two questions please:
1. Would I get any question on my marital status? I am confused as regards getting questions on taking the kids with me. They are age 6 and 8
2. Would the kids be asked any question during the interview?
Thanks in advance
1. Yes and It's not a big deal, you'd just have to explain plans in place to take care of the children while you're schooling.
2. No.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Beelkiz(f): 10:40am On Mar 09, 2022
Good Morning Everyone,

If my application status got cancelled in my portal and I want to start a new one afresh, which means generating a new barcode and all. Will the embassy still have thee previous information that I submitted to them? I mean all the questions I answered on my previous DS 160 form.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by shekhaz(f): 10:56am On Mar 09, 2022
beejhay69:

1. Yes and It's not a big deal, you'd just have to explain plans in place to take care of the children while you're schooling.
2. No.

Thank you for responding, God bless you
Please any suggestions on how best to convince the V.O on plans to take care of the kids? What are the things I'm expected to have in place tobe able to travel with them.. I have not been able to find anyone in my shoe on this thread.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BunmiBie: 11:37am On Mar 09, 2022
beejhay69:

2. No.

Please, will the wife be asked questions too
Also, can the f2s be included in F1's health insurance plan.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 11:44am On Mar 09, 2022
Danielsoncollin:

Till now, I haven't seen a school offering full scholarship. That is why I am asking for recommendations

Okay University of Maryland is one.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nwobini1308: 1:09pm On Mar 09, 2022
shekhaz:
I need the experienced ones to help with this. I am a single mum with two kids going for MBA by Spring/Summer. I have two questions please:
1. Would I get any question on my marital status? I am confused as regards getting questions on taking the kids with me. They are age 6 and 8
2. Would the kids be asked any question during the interview?
Thanks in advance

The kids are not eligible for interview as they are under 14. So no questions for them, just their passports think. For the first question, someone else can help wth the answer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by shekhaz(f): 1:41pm On Mar 09, 2022
nwobini1308:

The kids are not eligible for interview as they are under 14. So no questions for them, just their passports think. For the first question, someone else can help wth the answer
Thank you, still hoping for more response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 1:41pm On Mar 09, 2022
BunmiBie:

Thanks
1. Yes, both the primary applicant (F1), and the spouse (F2) would be questioned.

2. Don't really know about that. Reach out to your school for more info on that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 1:46pm On Mar 09, 2022
shekhaz:

Thank you for responding, God bless you
Please any suggestions on how best to convince the V.O on plans to take care of the kids? What are the things I'm expected to have in place tobe able to travel with them.. I have not been able to find anyone in my shoe on this thread.
I feel its just best to be honest about your response. There's no 'perfect' answer, just let your story add up. Search through the thread, I've seen someone that got visa approved with her dependents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by quinstershaw: 2:17pm On Mar 09, 2022
Please anyone awaiting decision from the University of Utah?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 2:22pm On Mar 09, 2022
It seems we have lots of applicants for The University of Alabama. Can we create a WhatsApp group? Or if there is an existing WhatsApp group, someone should add me please.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 2:37pm On Mar 09, 2022
BunmiBie:

Thanks

Yes, you can add dependants on your school insurance.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kodilyjoe: 2:40pm On Mar 09, 2022
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your useful tips on everything concerning abroad study. I have been a silent render and have learned a lot.

I was recently offered a full ride scholarship + stipend and TA position at Iowa State University, thanks to the tips I read here. I am currently preparing for the Visa process and I have absolutely no idea on how to proceed.

Here's my situation:

I have two children, 4 and 1, and they will be staying with their dad here in Nigeria (for now) to allow me study time. But I want them to be able to visit me throughout the duration of my study (3 - 4 years).

Should I go for a visiting Visa for my husband and our kids or should I opt for a resident Visa for them?

How long before a visiting Visa expires?

Can dependents with a resident Visa live outside the US for longer than 6 months? (What I mean here is, can they still live in Nigeria and visit me like twice a year if they have a resident Visa?)

How much (in naira) should I provide as proof of funds if I am going to get a resident Visa for them?

Like I said, I know nothing about all this. I'd appreciate it if someone who has been in such situation or knows much about it gives me helpful tips.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiaraLOVE(f): 2:44pm On Mar 09, 2022
Michaelalade009:

A lot of people consider post graduation plans that is why the are aligned with STEM.

Also the US is innovation driven, and leans more to STEM courses. The OPT extension helps too as not everyone will get H1-B at first trial. Companies prefer students with OPT extension due to risk of investing in an employee and losing them.

So many other reasons. That's why you rarely see Africans or immigrants doing french, communication arts in the US. There are courses that are STEM approved but humanities-based sort of. I think I saw psychology, counselling etc in the official STEM approved courses by the US government. Check online and plan very well. Else if you plan to stay long in the US, you would be under pressure.

Everybody cannot do STEM courses. There are people that are arts inclined, are you saying that they should force themselves to do a STEM program. Or do you have a record of that shows that students who studied arts, communications and non-stem courses do not progress or integrate into the US system?

I'd appreciate diverse views on this because I'm sure that lot of people reading this are already discouraged.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 3:09pm On Mar 09, 2022
kodilyjoe:
Hello everyone,

Hello,

Congrats on your admission, and financial benefits gotten from the school. That's some complete package.

To your concerns, Your spouse, and children can apply via the F2 visa. They'd be allowed to visit throughout the duration of your program. You can search more on it.

Congrats again.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by schopps: 3:14pm On Mar 09, 2022
freezy4me:
Anyone interested in applying for Masters in Industrial Engineering at University of Michigan Dearborn and needs application fee waiver code should indicate
I'm interested
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kodilyjoe: 3:20pm On Mar 09, 2022
Thank you so much!

beejhay69:

Hello,

Congrats on your admission, and financial benefits gotten from the school. That's some complete package.

To your concerns, Your spouse, and children can apply via the F2 visa. They'd be allowed to visit throughout the duration of your program. You can search more on it.

Congrats again.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2022
ā€œ
To the 4 requirements for getting your Visa

1)Ensure it is an accredited institution (Check www.chea.org to ensure your school is accredited).

2) Proof of funds (Be ready to break it down and have proper knowledge of your sponsors means of inflow/income)

3)Evidence of preparation for course of study (Why did you choose the course and all)

4) Intent to return after your study

ā€œ

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BunmiBie: 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2022
beejhay69:

1. Yes, both the primary applicant (F1), and the spouse (F2) would be questioned.

2. Don't really know about that. Reach out to your school for more info on that.

Thanks! What are the likely questions they may ask the wife (f2)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 3:49pm On Mar 09, 2022
kodilyjoe:
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your useful tips on everything concerning abroad study. I have been a silent render and have learned a lot.

I was recently offered a full ride scholarship + stipend and TA position at Iowa State University, thanks to the tips I read here. I am currently preparing for the Visa process and I have absolutely no idea on how to proceed.

Here's my situation:

I have two children, 4 and 1, and they will be staying with their dad here in Nigeria (for now) to allow me study time. But I want them to be able to visit me throughout the duration of my study (3 - 4 years).

Should I go for a visiting Visa for my husband and our kids or should I opt for a resident Visa for them?

How long before a visiting Visa expires?

Can dependents with a resident Visa live outside the US for longer than 6 months? (What I mean here is, can they still live in Nigeria and visit me like twice a year if they have a resident Visa?)

How much (in naira) should I provide as proof of funds if I am going to get a resident Visa for them?

Like I said, I know nothing about all this. I'd appreciate it if someone who has been in such situation or knows much about it gives me helpful tips.

Thank you.

Congrats
Your spouse and children can apply for F2 visa. This will allow them visit you anytime they want as long as you remain in the program. They get the same duration (D/S) as you. About fund to provide, ask your school the estimate of each dependant and they will provide that.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kodilyjoe: 3:53pm On Mar 09, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kodilyjoe: 4:03pm On Mar 09, 2022
Thank you so much. The answers are helpful. It's getting clearer.

kodilyjoe:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BarrElChapo(m): 4:25pm On Mar 09, 2022
ObodoNaija:

If you can get a recent one for the interview please do.

As a follow up on this question, will the VO request to see the updated SOA or will it have to be uploaded somehow.

Some say cos of the Covid protocols they don't really review documents physically?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BarrElChapo(m): 4:30pm On Mar 09, 2022
tonnymexx:
Please good people on this forum, I need list of affordable college or university I can apply?

Schools with free ielts, schools that accept tuition fees payment on arriver?

Also it is possible to use my NECO result to apply for another bsc age 23?

Thanks

Do the hard work sir. Use Google, usnews reviews

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 4:53pm On Mar 09, 2022
BarrElChapo:

As a follow up on this question, will the VO request to see the updated SOA or will it have to be uploaded somehow.

Some say cos of the Covid protocols they don't really review documents physically?

To be on a safe side I will advise you go with an updated one. There is a 50% probability that the VO might ask to see it. You dont need to upload it anywhere.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by freezy4me: 5:16pm On Mar 09, 2022
schopps:

I'm interested

CECSW22
Expires 10th of April
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BarrElChapo(m): 5:18pm On Mar 09, 2022
Hello guys. I was admitted with partial scholarship in Bleep in the Us and I was able to get my i20 last month. My sponsor is my Uncle but the account he gave me as at February had exactly the same amount of money that would cover my school fees and tuition. That is to say. My school fees and living expenses is about $55k and my uncle had the $55k then. Currently the man's account is down to $23k. He however has a corporate account that has over $150k in it. I would like to know my chances as my interview is in 2 weeks. Would they demand for an updated account? Do they still ask for Documents like that during interview or would I have to upload it somewhere in case they ask for further documents?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gracilicutes: 5:26pm On Mar 09, 2022
Hello house who knows any school i can apply to master of public health that there admission process is quiet easy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 5:28pm On Mar 09, 2022
BunmiBie:

Thanks! What are the likely questions they may ask the wife (f2)

It's rare for the VO to ask F2 if both are going together but if at all then questions like
What will you be doing in the US?
Why are you going with him?
What do you do here in Nigeria?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.