Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (800) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1641684 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Debbiey: 9:56am On Mar 12, 2022
That's where my husband is currently studying.

Pekun210:
Who got offer from university of Georgia here please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by West0099: 11:21am On Mar 12, 2022
Someone pls help out where can i see the appointment date i was given

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 12:19pm On Mar 12, 2022
West0099:
Someone pls help out where can i see the appointment date i was given
no dates yet
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by West0099: 12:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
beejhay69:
no dates yet

Oh thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Timilehin3(m): 1:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
SimiTessa:
Hi Everyone, I'm new here.

I am a graduate of History and International Studies (Second class upper) from University of Ilorin Kwara State. Also, a master's degree in Peace and Conflict Studies (Human Security) University of Ilorin.

Kindly suggest schools and funded PhD programs.
Thanks.

Hi Tessa,

What specific PhD program are you looking at?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damilolaonanuga(m): 2:07pm On Mar 12, 2022
Good afternoon everyone . Please how often does the United States deny students visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damilolaonanuga(m): 2:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
HELLO NAIRALANDERS, PLEASE HOW OFTEN DOES THE UNITED STATES EMBASSY IN NIGERIA LAGOS DENY STUDENTS VISA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Timaiko: 2:15pm On Mar 12, 2022
Themaths:

Thanks mate. I'm putting everything into consideration.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Timaiko: 2:27pm On Mar 12, 2022
Hello beautiful people,

Here is another question, and I need every information I can get please.

Can I apply for this visa in another country?

I'm not in Nigeria. Bet you, it would cost much coming to Nigeria for the application and then traveling to US again. But please give me your candid advise, dont pity my pocket.

Considering that my bank statement is in Naira, won't that be an issue? Not sure if the embassy confirms the legitimacy if an account.
Or who has been in this situation before?

Thanks everyone, I'll appreciate every input on this one.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Malcolmsweet: 2:43pm On Mar 12, 2022
Please experts in the house , if someone is a Nigeria citizen and resident in another country, is it advisable for the person to apply for the visa in the country of resident or come back to Nigeria and apply in Nigeria for the student”s visa.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 2:43pm On Mar 12, 2022
Well,some people get this money btw.
Princessemily:
whoa, no GT assistantships too?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 4:00pm On Mar 12, 2022
Timaiko:
Hello beautiful people,

I'm not in Nigeria. Bet you, it would cost much coming to Nigeria for the application and then traveling to US again. But please give me your candid advise, dont pity my pocket.

Considering that my bank statement is in Naira, won't that be an issue? Not sure if the embassy confirms the legitimacy if an account.

Yes, you can.

Just show home-country ties during your interview. One of them is already you having your SOA in a # account.

Good luck champ!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 4:03pm On Mar 12, 2022
Malcolmsweet:
Please experts in the house , if someone is a Nigeria citizen and resident in another country, is it advisable for the person to apply for the visa in the country of resident or come back to Nigeria and apply in Nigeria for the student”s visa.

Anyone you would be convenient with. No crime; no added advantage.

No available dates here sef, so why wanna stress yourself coming here.

Be safe champ!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Saokelarin6942: 4:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
Timaiko:
Hello beautiful people,

My brother got his visa approved two weeks ago in Malaysia. No document was requested. He's going for MBA.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Malcolmsweet: 5:45pm On Mar 12, 2022
Moshkom:

Anyone you would be convenient with. No crime; no added advantage.

No available dates here sef, so why wanna stress yourself coming here.

Be safe champ!
Thank you my brother for your kind reply

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cap91: 6:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
OlamideTosyn:

I have sent them. Check your e-mail

Seen. Thanks a million times

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Honeypot62(m): 7:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
chibertha:
Na so

I was given an offer to the same university. Can we connect please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Honeypot62(m): 7:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
Jboss37:

You are right brother. Most of these agents are scammers and the genuine ones among them will use you to make money. Also they won't put their best to work for you especially helping you to get Assistantship with full tuition waiver. Hopefuls, nairaland taught me most of I know today. Calm down, take days to read through previous thread and part. This MSc in US requires you do it yourself. Having a high CGPA is good, but if you have 2.2 you can still get Admission. Ignore those discouraging you. I GOT ADMITTED TO VIRGINIA TECH WITH FULL FUNDING AND MONTHLY STIPEND. I DIDN'T WRITE ANY STANDARDIZED TEST AND I GRADUATED WITH 2.2. FIRE YOUR SHOT, but make your application strong through good CV and SOP. I uploaded samples of academic CV for those interested.

I was given an offer to the same university. Can we connect please?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Honeypot62(m): 7:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by johnpoko: 8:01pm On Mar 12, 2022
To anyone planning to migrate to the USA, don’t let anyone discourage you. They will tell you all sorts of stories that the grass ain’t greener on this side, don’t get me wrong, America ain’t for the lazy, you have to work work work, but as long as you work smart? You will enjoy the fruits of your labor. I moved here in 2018 and my uncle discouraged me and told me to go back to Nigeria, I left, hustled and strived on my own, fast forward to today, 4 years later, I’m expecting my green card in the mail next week, I’m at the last stage of nursing school with a great GPA and I am living comfortably with a good paying job while schooling. Mind you I studied International relations in Naija with no knowledge of science but here I am today almost ready for nursing graduation. So if you want to come here, come!
By the way, any student who is coming here, if u need a place to lay your head reach out to me I have a spare room! Someone helped me when I moved here back then so I am returning the favor. But after 1 to 2 weeks Biko find your way oh lol

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 8:05pm On Mar 12, 2022
johnpoko:
To anyone planning to migrate to the USA, don’t let anyone discourage you. They will tell you all sorts of stories that the grass ain’t greener on this side, don’t get me wrong, America ain’t for the lazy, you have to work work work, but as long as you work smart? You will enjoy the fruits of your labor. I moved here in 2018 and my uncle discouraged me and told me to go back to Nigeria, I left, hustled and strived on my own, fast forward to today, 4 years later, I’m expecting my green card in the mail next week, I’m at the last stage of nursing school with a great GPA and I am living comfortably with a good paying job while schooling. Mind you I studied International relations in Naija with no knowledge of science but here I am today almost ready for nursing graduation. So if you want to come here, come!
By the way, any student who is coming here, if u need a place to lay your head reach out to me I have a spare room! Someone helped me when I moved here back then so I am returning the favor. But after 1 to 2 weeks Biko find your way oh lol
Which schooL?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by excelBBM: 8:40pm On Mar 12, 2022
Good evening house, please I need a school with full funding master program.... Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by excelBBM: 8:42pm On Mar 12, 2022
Please give me your contact
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BarrElChapo(m): 9:28pm On Mar 12, 2022
OlamideTosyn:

Have you gotten? If no, what's your email, so I can send the few samples I have?

Kindly send to me too. Thank you

eobelogu@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SimiTessa: 9:36pm On Mar 12, 2022

I am a graduate of History and International Studies (Second class upper) from University of Ilorin Kwara State. Also, a master's degree in Peace and Conflict Studies (Human Security) University of Ilorin.

Kindly suggest schools and funded PhD programs in Peace, Conflict, Security Studies.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Svelte98(f): 10:05pm On Mar 12, 2022
DeevaB:
I have an offer from Virginia Tech, I am being considered for GA funding and the Grad coord informed me GA funding (covers 50% of tuition with stipend) will be released in July and my program starts in August. COA is 50k.

Because of time, should I use my personal fund and my dad as a sponsor to get my i-20 and also for sevis fee and start looking for an appointment date or wait till the GA funding list is out before starting the visa processing?

Please advise.

Thank you.
Hey, I don't know if anyone has answered you yet, so I hope this helps.

I'm actually in the same shoe as you (not with Virginia Tech though, mine is ETSU). I'm waiting on them to make GA decisions which will take place between April to June.
Personally, I'm hopeful that I'll be given an offer atleast by the second week of May so I can start working on my I-20 and visa application, since my program starts in August.

Here's what you can do; you can start processing your I-20 with your personal funds and see if you can secure a visa date.
If during the process, the GA funding is given to you, you can always print out the offer letter and go with it to your visa appointment and try and explain to the V.O when you're asked about funding.
Just my two cents.

Its a win-win situation.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Promoter2: 10:05pm On Mar 12, 2022
SimiTessa:

Kindly suggest schools and funded PhD programs in Peace, Conflict, Security Studies.

Thanks.

You may want to try Google for fast answers as I can see you've posted this twice.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Layi1659: 10:58pm On Mar 12, 2022
Hello, i am new here.
I am a graduate of industrial relations and personnel management with 2:2 CGPA of 2.99.
What university in texas and Indianapolis can i apply for master?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Johnsan6237: 11:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
Hello guys.... I've been a very silent learner on this thread. You guys are doing great job and may God bless you Immensely!

Finally decided to take the bold step and begin the process. I have written an SOP I feel is Okay but I'll like gurus in the house to kindly send me samples of some very strong ones, including an Academic CV.
Thanks in anticipation

john62337@gmail.com

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Thiwhy(f): 11:41pm On Mar 12, 2022
Layi1659:
Hello, i am new here.
I am a graduate of industrial relations and personnel management with 2:2 CGPA of 2.99.
What university in texas and Indianapolis can i apply for master?
West Texas a&m university
Ball state university with wes

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 11:44pm On Mar 12, 2022
Princessemily:
whoa, no GT assistantships too?

He was told offer letter for funding will be disbursed this month, so we are waiting.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 11:44pm On Mar 12, 2022
Pekun210:

Is your friend going to take the offer?
Yes, he is planning to.

(1) (2) (3) ... (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.