Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (824) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1648356 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chukwudi718(m): 4:24pm On Mar 25, 2022
krcboy:
Just started a consultation with Argo Visa , if you guys are not familiar with them they are ex visa officers. Anyways I was given this free pdf incase any one needs and Also will be sharing whatever I learn from them with this thread.

Please if you don't mind you can send me the pdf and any further material that will be helpful for the interview.

Chimeziechukwudi0@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Timexxy: 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hello Everyone.

I would like to connect with anyone going to Bowie State University for Fall 2022 session.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ocpaschal: 4:35pm On Mar 25, 2022
Sakasitay:

You may have to research more. There are some paths through which one can attain the PR in the long haul:

1. Find a company that will be willing to sponsor your H1B visa for a couple of years, until you qualify to apply for a green card. Your work permit would be tied to your company, until you become independent.

Most immigration consultants believe that an average H1B visa lasts three years, after which a candidate is eligible to file for a green card - that may take a couple of months too, if not 1 year plus..

2. Marry person wey get kpali (citizen), that’s if you are unmarried o.

You asked a good question: it shows that you want to have a good plan. Let no one discourage you from seeking answers.
Thank you for the brilliant response. One more thing, I'm making enquiry based on study visa entry. If you complete a Masters program in USA and you start working based on your Post Study Work Permit, how can one later secure the H1B visa? Are there companies in USA that are permitted or licensed to sponsor your visa and transition from study visa to H1B visa?
In the UK, they use Shortage Occupation List; and if you get job in one of the listed skilled Occupation with a company that is licensed to sponsor an individual with a tier 2 visa, you'll remain in UK indefinitely (same as PR).
So my question is How does one transition from student visa to a sponsorship work visa in USA? Is it possible to get a H1B visa after studies? Are Social Workers an in-demand skill in USA that is prioritized like nurses etc?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ocpaschal: 4:36pm On Mar 25, 2022
krcboy:

join the military you get pr eventually
haha, but I have a physical disability. So I doubt that possibility.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by murtalaa(m): 4:53pm On Mar 25, 2022
Here we go, I have toured this thread and I believe I am ready for visa interview now. I have filed for I-20 and awaiting their response now.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SonugaMike: 4:57pm On Mar 25, 2022
Bladavid:
hello, please i need this PDF, Thanks
Loladeaworinde@yahoo.com

I need the pdf too. Please send to sonugamike@gmail.com. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SonugaMike: 5:11pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hi, good day.

Could you please share the materials with me as well. Kindly forward to sonugamike@gmail.com.

Thank you!

krcboy:
Just started a consultation with Argo Visa , if you guys are not familiar with them they are ex visa officers. Anyways I was given this free pdf incase any one needs and Also will be sharing whatever I learn from them with this thread.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by princessademide: 6:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
SonugaMike:
Hi, good day.

Could you please share the materials with me as well. Kindly forward to sonugamike@gmail.com.

Thank you!

please forward it to me as well Princessademide16@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sakasitay(m): 6:18pm On Mar 25, 2022
ocpaschal:
Thank you for the brilliant response. One more thing, I'm making enquiry based on study visa entry. If you complete a Masters program in USA and you start working based on your Post Study Work Permit, how can one later secure the H1B visa? Are there companies in USA that are permitted or licensed to sponsor your visa and transition from study visa to H1B visa?
In the UK, they use Shortage Occupation List; and if you get job in one of the listed skilled Occupation with a company that is licensed to sponsor an individual with a tier 2 visa, you'll remain in UK indefinitely (same as PR).
So my question is How does one transition from student visa to a sponsorship work visa in USA? Is it possible to get a H1B visa after studies? Are Social Workers an in-demand skill in USA that is prioritized like nurses etc?

You’re welcome.

You can actually work for some time after your studies, so long as you have your OPT (read this up perhaps. It’s for STEM grads) sorted out within 60 days of your graduation. Nevertheless, it’s not an entitlement.

You could check more on Quora/other threads for a more first-class advise.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hooye: 6:39pm On Mar 25, 2022
Candboy:
i sent u a PM kindly respond lets connect
Good one.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bond4141(m): 7:32pm On Mar 25, 2022
Which 1 will you be going? TU or UMBC?

Sakasitay:
Good afternoon gurus.

Will anyone be attending Towson University or UMBC this fall? Kindly pm me - let’s exchange info and contacts.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by princessademide: 9:10pm On Mar 25, 2022
TheSociopath:

So somebody will leave what s/he's doing and do the research for you abi? Something that is easy to research on google
No one asks for your opinion, I don’t see why you should reply. I don’t just understand why you should bring your frustration into others quott
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mobbwc: 9:30pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hello House,

I have a inquiry, I will state my story briefly:

I sought to apply for an f2 visa, I filled the DS-160, paid in the bank, opened an account on USTRAVELDOCS, and I am currently at the stage where I am supposed to book an appointment. I have not booked the appointment because I have not seen a favourable date.

The Twist

I have now gained admission and wish to apply for an f1 visa to attend my program. its logical I abandon the earlier f2 application but I am unsure the steps I need to take to begin/complete the F1 application. do i fill new ds-160, do I proceed with the same USTRAVELDOCS account (how? considering that an f2 application is live in the account), or I will be eligible to open another USTRAVELDOCS account?

I will appreciate your kind and step by step guidance on how I need to complete the application given my unique situation.

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sakasitay(m): 10:08pm On Mar 25, 2022
Bond4141:
Which 1 will you be going? TU or UMBC?

Towson
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheSociopath(m): 10:44pm On Mar 25, 2022
princessademide:
No one asks for your opinion, I don’t see why you should reply. I don’t just understand why you should bring your frustration into others quott

Lol... frustration ke? I've gained admission already.

Ogbeni don't be lazy, do your research yourself and ask reasonable questions here. Nobody will sit down and list schools for you

Use google properly.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Poddy(m): 10:52pm On Mar 25, 2022
cole82:
Make sure you must have been done with the WES registration and a WES reference number must have been assigned to you b4 proceeding to for the online transcript application.
The time duration varies, if it's your first time of applying for a transcript from uniben it's normally takes 2 to 3months, but if you have collected transcript before now it means your records will be readily available at exams & records and by this means your transcripts should be sent to WES in less than 1month max.
Any body with information about OOU transcript please? I've tried searching the thread back and forth, nothing still.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walepro: 8:18am On Mar 26, 2022
Poddy:
Any body with information about OOU transcript please? I've tried searching the thread back and forth, nothing still.

https://etranscript.oouagoiwoye.edu.ng/transcript-requests.php
Click on the link and follow the steps, I’m also waiting for mine, been over 2 months now still on processing, it’s faster if you know someone who can help you fast track it in school

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by philip2014(m): 8:26am On Mar 26, 2022
If your program is fully-funded, go for f1 first if not go for f2 and apply for f1 when you get to us. Remember that f2 has longer waiting time and if you are denied f2 visa now you can't apply for EA for F1 until after 6 months.
mobbwc:
Hello House,

I have a inquiry, I will state my story briefly:

I sought to apply for an f2 visa, I filled the DS-160, paid in the bank, opened an account on USTRAVELDOCS, and I am currently at the stage where I am supposed to book an appointment. I have not booked the appointment because I have not seen a favourable date.

The Twist

I have now gained admission and wish to apply for an f1 visa to attend my program. its logical I abandon the earlier f2 application but I am unsure the steps I need to take to begin/complete the F1 application. do i fill new ds-160, do I proceed with the same USTRAVELDOCS account (how? considering that an f2 application is live in the account), or I will be eligible to open another USTRAVELDOCS account?

I will appreciate your kind and step by step guidance on how I need to complete the application given my unique situation.

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by oyephunmzee1(f): 9:03am On Mar 26, 2022
I'm interested please oyefunmiamoda1@gmail.com

krcboy:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Abdomox: 9:26am On Mar 26, 2022
timefarm:

What is the range of amount needed to present for one dependent by a full funded student?

It depends on your school. You will need to ask Office of International Students on how much you need for spouse and kids living expenses.

Just send them a mail that you are coming with family, and you need info on their cost of living.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mobbwc: 9:48am On Mar 26, 2022
philip2014:
If your program is fully-funded, go for f1 first if not go for f2 and apply for f1 when you get to us. Remember that f2 has longer waiting time and if you are denied f2 visa now you can't apply for EA for F1 until after 6 months.

Hi, thanks a lot for your answer.

My challenge is not that I have the option of applying for f1 and f2, it is that I have begun an f2 application (i only need to book a date now) but i now need to apply for an f1 cos I have recently gained admission. so I do not know how to proceed, whether its the same us travel docs account I will use or there Is a way to get the f2 application off so I can apply for F1.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amyfid12: 10:52am On Mar 26, 2022
Good morning all. Is there anyone going to Georgia State University this Fall?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Honeypot62(m): 12:00pm On Mar 26, 2022
Festy8:
Is there Application fee waiver?

Yes, there is.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TeeD(m): 12:59pm On Mar 26, 2022
Nil
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pekun210(m): 1:49pm On Mar 26, 2022
Yinkagbo:
I @pekun210

Hello boss
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lavicollins(m): 2:50pm On Mar 26, 2022
Please I need the list of universities that do not require Transcript Evaluation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Impeccable422: 3:56pm On Mar 26, 2022
Honeypot62:

Yes, there is.
What university please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laughter93: 4:14pm On Mar 26, 2022
Please does anyone have information about or experience with F1/F2 interview waiver in Abuja? Can I send my documents from any of the designated DHL offices to Abuja embassy or do I have to go to the embassy in person? There is also no appointment time scheduled, all I have is an interview waiver confirmation letter (I don't really understand the document drop-off information on the interview waiver confirmation letter).
I will appreciate any information or clarity on the matter.
Thanks in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluwaseyi1873: 4:30pm On Mar 26, 2022
Can you kindly send me a copy via my email.
seyicelestine@yahoo.com . Thank you
oyephunmzee1:
I'm interested please oyefunmiamoda1@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.