Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (823) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1648064 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nostradamus1: 12:23am On Mar 25, 2022
Bibbzy:
Good day Gurus
i wrote Gre last week and got 166 verbal and 168 Quantitative Reasoning, i study Agric Extension in my first degree. please Gurus in the house should link me up with the school i can apply to..
studied Agric Extension for my first degree " I believe is more accurate

More importantly, we don't know the particular course u are interested in. we also don't know ur complete stats to help you better. Finally, we don't know how far u have gone in ur research so that we can supplement it. Pls dont be a help vampire.

You can start here www.google.com

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 4:15am On Mar 25, 2022
ocpaschal:
Both... To study Masters program in USA, complete studies, get Post Study Work Permit, and get a Residency Permit (PR) to remain in USA indefinitely. What is USA system? I understand Canada and UK, but I don't understand America's pathways to remain in USA after graduation. I don't even understand how to determine which American Universities offer Post-Study Work Permit.. I don't know these things well. I need a guide or a breakdown of details

Well you will need to visit the US Homeland security website to understand how to get resident permit and remain in USA indefinitely. This platform is only for studies.
Best of luck

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by justdoit100(m): 6:11am On Mar 25, 2022
chibertha:
make una dey think well naa before una post.
thses kinds of questions attract a high rate of refusal if you ask me.
Mind you these guys are here too.

Hello Chibertha, 
I'd like to make an inquiry about MU from you. I sent you a message.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bigheadday: 6:38am On Mar 25, 2022
Greetings mate, I applied for emergency request some days ago and till now I have not got a response from the Lagos embassy. Has anyone successfully got an approval? Pls help as my resumption date is getting closer. Sincere appreciations.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by timefarm(m): 7:57am On Mar 25, 2022
Schrodinger2:

You can go with your spouse at the same time. How many dependents are you taking about? If have sufficient funds, it shouldn't be a problem.
What is the range of amount needed to present for one dependent by a full funded student?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Funmiedo(f): 8:10am On Mar 25, 2022
Embassy location : Abuja
School name:Lincoln university Oakland
Visa denied yesterday my second attempt

Me: Good morning ma’am
Vo: Good morning
Vo: I can see you are going to Lincoln university for your MBA
Me: yes ma’am
Vo : what do u do
Me: I’m a business woman
Vo: what do you intend to do after your program
Me : I will return to my country and continue my business use the knowledge gained for the growth of my business and expand it
Vo: who is your sponsor
Me : my uncle
What does he do : he is a rig engineer at total oil company

Kindly assist in correcting where I need to be corrected �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bladavid: 8:26am On Mar 25, 2022
Hello NLs, must i use a full 6months SOA of sponsor or just a bank letter stating the total amount in the account. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olaniyi55: 8:28am On Mar 25, 2022
When is your resumption date?
I hope you added all the relevant documents required as a proof?
bigheadday:
Greetings mate, I applied for emergency request some days ago and till now I have not got a response from the Lagos embassy. Has anyone successfully got an approval? Pls help as my resumption date is getting closer. Sincere appreciations.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by favch(f): 8:34am On Mar 25, 2022
ifedayosol:
Yes, they love to hear that. So just say it but don't do it ooo ��

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by krcboy(m): 8:39am On Mar 25, 2022
Funmiedo:

Me : I will return to my country and continue my business use the knowledge gained for the growth of my business and expand it

Im no guru, but I think your answers are to short and not very informative i.e when you were asked what you do. also when asked if you were going for mba, you coulda stated exactly what your weee going to
study and then use it to buteress the follow up on returning to Nigeria. also you might have said it , but my assumptions are from this transcript your wrote.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 8:41am On Mar 25, 2022
Bladavid:
Hello NLs, must i use a full 6months SOA of sponsor or just a bank letter stating the total amount in the account. Thanks
6months SOA.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 8:43am On Mar 25, 2022
Awubfjrnndk:
If you have a partial scholarship from your school, do you fill your school as your sponsor on DS-160 or do you fill the person paying the deficit?

Fill the person paying for your deficit
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheSociopath(m): 8:45am On Mar 25, 2022
princessademide:
I need help with a list of universities with application fee waiver and also waive English proficiency exams for Nigeria

So somebody will leave what s/he's doing and do the research for you abi? Something that is easy to research on google

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatchampion: 9:07am On Mar 25, 2022
I feel that when we are answering questions we should be active and not passive. In this case, you didn't give the VO enough information about yourself,for example what do you do? I am a businesswoman and I am the CEO of Funmiedo supermarket or whatever business you do. I sell provisions,fragrance etc and I have 10 staff working for me.
Secondly, if you're a businesswoman, you should be able to self-sponsor yourself if not all at least half of the school fees to show that your business is thriving and you won't be a burden in the USA.
I hope I am correct to some extent. Please watch ARGO visa on YouTube for better clarification and understanding. Thank you.
Funmiedo:

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by philip2014(m): 9:09am On Mar 25, 2022
First of all, funding, MBA is costly if not full funded, so you been self funded means you need to prove beyond doubt that your sponsor is capable, from transcript history here V.O
don't reckon with salary earners and civil servants as eligible sponsor, you might have increased your chance by stating the person's net income or use a business person with steady cash flow.

2. Your answer "business woman" to what do you do is too generic, you are going for MBA to probably become a leader in an organisation. V.O might be expecting a more specific job title and a little about your job description and organisation size, even if you are self employed, e.g. I work as ...xyz, in an organisation of 70 staff, I handle .... Best of luck next time
Funmiedo:

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Funmiedo(f): 9:41am On Mar 25, 2022
Noted. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DAramis: 10:45am On Mar 25, 2022
krcboy:

when are you starting your journey for fall?

Bro,

some schools application portal are still open for this year Fall while others have next year, Fall 2023 open (some even up to 2025 for Fall applications).

It is left for you to decide when you want to start yours. As for me, started already hence my message. One or two pending application is for Fall 2023.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Candboy: 10:59am On Mar 25, 2022
oluzdreamz:
Hi guys, I’ve been a silent participant on here, great job from everyone for all the insights, tips and ideas being shared at all times. So I got this offer from Ball State University. A 50% tuition remission and GAship which makes my tuition instate...the stipend makes a lot of sense though, I wish I had a full tuition waiver though, what do you think bout it?
i sent u a PM kindly respond lets connect

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Princessemily: 11:21am On Mar 25, 2022
krcboy:

join the military you get pr eventually
are international students allowed to join the us military?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omuyi: 11:21am On Mar 25, 2022
Hello Guys my AGENT is frustrating me.

I want to do this myself now. Please can anyone suggest any universities that would accept a CGPA of 3.1 for a masters degree? I studied Civil engineering. and which progressive career course would be suitable to pursue even if I may not be able to secure masters in Civil because of my CGPA please HELP! HELP!HELP!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sakasitay(m): 11:27am On Mar 25, 2022
ocpaschal:
To be honest, I really do not understand America's stance on Permanent Residency. I would like to study in USA but
I don't know what their PR is obtained. How do you secure a permanent residency in USA. Is it possible or is there a pathway to getting a PR in America through study route?

You may have to research more. There are some paths through which one can attain the PR in the long haul:

1. Find a company that will be willing to sponsor your H1B visa for a couple of years, until you qualify to apply for a green card. Your work permit would be tied to your company, until you become independent.

Most immigration consultants believe that an average H1B visa lasts three years, after which a candidate is eligible to file for a green card - that may take a couple of months too, if not 1 year plus..

2. Marry person wey get kpali (citizen), that’s if you are unmarried o.

You asked a good question: it shows that you want to have a good plan. Let no one discourage you from seeking answers.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cole82(m): 11:30am On Mar 25, 2022
Omuyi:

I want to do this myself now. Please can anyone suggest any universities that would accept a CGPA of 3.1 for a masters degree? I studied Civil engineering. and which progressive career course would be suitable to pursue even if I may not be able to secure masters in Civil because of my CGPA please HELP! HELP!HELP!
most universities in the u.s and Canada international admission cgpa scale is 3.00, so you are very qualified to apply for an Msc program. In some cases u are asked to write a one of the standardized exams like the GRE test.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DAramis: 11:54am On Mar 25, 2022
cole82:
most universities in the u.s and Canada international admission cgpa scale is 3.00, so you are very qualified to apply for an Msc program. In some cases u are asked to write a one of the standardized exams like the GRE test.

In addition to what you said, he has to be clearer on the overall GPA his cumulative is equated to.

Last I checked, most Nigerian universities use different cumulative GPA. Example, 3.1/4.00 is not bad per say, but 3.1/5.00 would definitely court attention during review by the admission committee of any school involved.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Yecats: 11:57am On Mar 25, 2022
Hello All, my March 23rd visa appointment got cancelled in Abuja and wasn’t rescheduled to any date. I however heard that a few people who also had theirs cancelled as well went to the embassy that day and were given an email address to send a complaint to. Pls if you have any information about this, kindly share. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 12:40pm On Mar 25, 2022
Omuyi:

Sorry about the frustration but you can't want to do it yourself and still be looking for list of schools.
So first, type your program on Google and you will see a list of schools then open each one and read their requirements if you have them. After that, you start applying.
Georgia Institute of Technology is one
Best of luck

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sakasitay(m): 1:23pm On Mar 25, 2022
Good afternoon gurus.

Will anyone be attending Towson University or UMBC this fall? Kindly pm me - let’s exchange info and contacts.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tamad101(f): 1:54pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hello @Predstan, I want to pm you seeing that you studied at MTSU.
I have my visa already
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ayopelumii(m): 2:07pm On Mar 25, 2022
Please can anyone suggest university in US that offers full scholarship for engineering undergraduate students

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rascomono: 3:23pm On Mar 25, 2022
Please,is anyone attending university of new haven for fall 2022,let's exchange contacts.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jacknn: 4:07pm On Mar 25, 2022
Greetings house.. after much attempt, I finally aced the GRE exam with score 321. I graduated with a 2.2 of which when converted to WES gives me a 2.85/4. That's why I took the GRE to bolster my chances. I also intend to take the ielts/toefl exam bkaux I'm looking for fully funded scholarship for Msc or PHD anyone. My question is
1) with my plan stated above,is it possible to get a fully funded scholarship in the Us with the profile above?

2) if it is possible, pls any kind hearted person can refer schools with my CGPA of 2.8/4 that gives funding with good GRE score.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by twoangel: 4:15pm On Mar 25, 2022
Jacknn:
Greetings house.. after much attempt, I finally aced the GRE exam with score 321. I graduated with a 2.2 of which when converted to WES gives me a 2.85/4. That's why I took the GRE to bolster my chances. I also intend to take the ielts/toefl exam bkaux I'm looking for fully funded scholarship for Msc or PHD anyone. My question is
1) with my plan stated above,is it possible to get a fully funded scholarship in the Us with the profile above?

2) if it is possible, pls any kind hearted person can refer schools with my CGPA of 2.8/4 that gives funding with good GRE score.

Check ball state university
Eastern Michigan state university.
There are other universities but majority deadlines for funded applicants has passed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.