Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,929 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647592 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Futuragetty: 7:19am On Mar 27, 2021
tonero4urch:
Hello people,

I finished my master program on scholarship here in Turkey and i have just been accepted into the master program at Georgia State University for Fall 2021 with tuition waiver and graduate lab assistantship position but with a meagre stipend (not upto my expectation).

I have upto 1 month to decide to accept or not because I still have about 8 other pending decisions from other schools that I am waiting for.

I guess I should wait for a school with better offer. What do you guys think? Anybody with any idea about this school? Is it a school with good reputation?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by saintexcel3: 7:20am On Mar 27, 2021
If you need any assistance for your Servis fees payment. Private chat me.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Futuragetty: 7:29am On Mar 27, 2021
tonero4urch:
Hello people,

I finished my master program on scholarship here in Turkey and i have just been accepted into the master program at Georgia State University for Fall 2021 with tuition waiver and graduate lab assistantship position but with a meagre stipend (not upto my expectation).

I have upto 1 month to decide to accept or not because I still have about 8 other pending decisions from other schools that I am waiting for.

I guess I should wait for a school with better offer. What do you guys think? Anybody with any idea about this school? Is it a school with good reputation?
You must be a joker! C'mon, you cannot be second-guessing if GSU has a good reputation.

Remember, many applicants are hoping and praying for what you now have. So guard it jealously!

Do not forget, A bird in hand is worth two in the bush!

Udo diri gi

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by meritdee(m): 8:09am On Mar 27, 2021
MamaJJJ:
Thank you so much for this.
I've been racking my brain on how to go about certain things. I intend to apply for winter program but I am married and I have a baby... he's going to be a year and 3 months by January 2022. A friend told me to apply for F1 Vvisa, and that I might have to leave my child with my mom for a few years. She said it'll be an evidence that I have strong ties to Nigeria and that I might be not be able to cope with the cost of daycare etc. I read of someone here that was rejected Visa because she didnt make adequate preparation about her children's s schooling. I am so worried. I don't want to leave my child and at the same time miss this opportunity.

From my findings, it is better to make arrangements to bring your child along. Leaving your 1-year-old child behind isn't a home tie; it is punishment. Your child needs you.

12 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 9:22am On Mar 27, 2021
Please who has contact in Jamb office head1/4.

Name correction dey give my younger sister problem since. Help a brother! ��
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 27, 2021
Moshkom:
Please who has contact in Jamb office head1/4.

Name correction dey give my younger sister problem since. Help a brother! ��
this kind thing de hard o to correct name
But again why don’t you attach an affidavit to it
I did that when I had issues with misspelt names
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tulacious123: 10:34am On Mar 27, 2021
Thanks
Dejino70:

Hello, I will advise that you send a mail to an admission officer for the program. They will be able to update you on the status of your application.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fatsonm: 11:22am On Mar 27, 2021
Tamison:
Hello, I am a student at NCAT.

Thanks. I have sent a DM!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EffectEn: 11:25am On Mar 27, 2021
3 offers of admission, no funding (I have written to all professors possible). My sponsor can afford Missouri State, not others. I heard it's not good to choose school based on only affordability that once you can pay the first semester, you'll find you way around.

So now I'm thinking which to pick. Please I need advise
Thank you

Cost of attendance

Missouri State - 25k
UNCCharlotte - 40k
UMassDartmouth - 40k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 27, 2021
EffectEn:
3 offers of admission, no funding (I have written to all professors possible). My sponsor can afford Missouri State, not others. I heard it's not good to choose school based on only affordability that once you can pay the first semester, you'll find you way around.

So now I'm thinking which to pick. Please I need advise
Thank you

Cost of attendance

Missouri State - 25k
UNCCharlotte - 40k
UMassDartmouth - 40k
visa chances are better with cheapest deficit

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Heyjessay: 11:53am On Mar 27, 2021
is it possible to request another emergency appointment if my original appointment was denied and I pay another 160$
Stevenssen:

You can request an emergency appointment once with a visa fee. But even if you are denied the request, you will still have ur regular appointment and you can still reschedule as usual
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 27, 2021
Heyjessay:
is it possible to request another emergency appointment if my original appointment was denied and I pay another 160$
you get two trials before the fee becomes invalid

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Heyjessay: 12:15pm On Mar 27, 2021
Hello everyone,

First time here and I'm having a bit of an issue with my visa appointment date. I have all the required documents, the start date on my I20 is for August ending (this year) and I picked the closest available date which was for January 2022.... Ha!

I went through their website and the only solution is to book an emergency appointment (which I do not qualify for because it is not within 60 days of my program start date), and I do not want to wait until June ending to book emergency appointment, because it might be harder to get it then and I also want to start making travel arrangements now, because if I wait, my accommodation and flight ticket would be more expensive.

Any advice?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Heyjessay: 12:17pm On Mar 27, 2021
Malone122:
you get two trials before the fee becomes invalid

Do you have a source for this? maybe on their website or something, because I called their help desk yesterday and what they told me is that everyone gets only 1 emergency appointment request.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HappyRabi: 12:27pm On Mar 27, 2021
Hi everyone. Is there anyone that applied to university of Cincinnati? How is the possibility of getting a GA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 27, 2021
Heyjessay:

Do you have a source for this? maybe on their website or something, because I called their help desk yesterday and what they told me is that everyone gets only 1 emergency appointment request.
ooops seems it’s one then
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iire(f): 1:11pm On Mar 27, 2021
Hello, I am new here. Is there anyone who has interview date in April? . Thank you

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Drhay: 2:02pm On Mar 27, 2021
please any advice on how an undergraduate should start its process.... sorry for asking but i asked cos mostly said are postgraduate. please assist on procedure im pleading
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EncephalonPikin(m): 2:23pm On Mar 27, 2021
Drhay:
please any advice on how an undergraduate should start its process.... sorry for asking but i asked cos mostly said are postgraduate. please assist on procedure im pleading

You can try to be more specific, what do you know about the process already?

Also, the procedure for what? Scholarship? Admission application? Visa process?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Diamondjuli: 2:39pm On Mar 27, 2021
iire:
Hello, I am new here. Is there anyone who has interview date in April? . Thank you

Yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Drhay: 2:41pm On Mar 27, 2021
EncephalonPikin:

You can try to be more specific, what do you know about the process already?

Also, the procedure for what? Scholarship? Admission application? Visa process?

thanks for your responds, although i read through the thread but didnt get a way to the process of undergraduate admission, scholarships (full ride or tuition waivers) and visa processing sir.

do undergraduate also cold mail professors or not... i think you can understand my curiosity a bit.. im just a novice that needds a guide sir. thanks in anticipation of directing me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 2:45pm On Mar 27, 2021
Heyjessay:

Some people get one, some get two. I don't know why that happens but if you are lucky, you might get two chances at it.

Heyjessay:
Hello everyone,

First time here and I'm having a bit of an issue with my visa appointment date. I have all the required documents, the start date on my I20 is for August ending (this year) and I picked the closest available date which was for January 2022.... Ha!

I went through their website and the only solution is to book an emergency appointment (which I do not qualify for because it is not within 60 days of my program start date), and I do not want to wait until June ending to book emergency appointment, because it might be harder to get it then and I also want to start making travel arrangements now, because if I wait, my accommodation and flight ticket would be more expensive.

Any advice?
I am also 100% certain that new dates will come up soon so don't worry about it. Most applicants for Fall will start going for their interviews by next month ending

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EncephalonPikin(m): 2:56pm On Mar 27, 2021
Drhay:

thanks for your responds, although i read through the thread but didnt get a way to the process of undergraduate admission, scholarships (full ride or tuition waivers) and visa processing sir.

do undergraduate also cold mail professors or not... i think you can understand my curiosity a bit.. im just a novice that needds a guide sir. thanks in anticipation of directing me

I'm not 'sir' abeg. You can look at the EducationUSA website to get an idea https://educationusa.state.gov/your-5-steps-us-study but the ideal step is to evaluate your high school transcript or WAEC, register and write the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and create a CommonApp profile through which you'll apply to schools or you can choose to apply through each school's portal. Each school has their own unique application process and requirements so you have a lot of research to do. How do you find scholarships? Well, Google is your friend. You're an international student so you should know the keywords to input while doing your research. A lot of factors come into play when you're seeking a scholarship- your age, your leadership experience, involvement in community services, background and so on.

Just start from somewhere. You can also ask yourself some sincere questions to avoid wasting your own time. How old are you? How long have you been out of high school? Do you have the money to process this? (Even if you get a full ride, you still have to pay for a lot of things out of pocket) Do you have alternatives in case this fails? Are you motivated enough to score high on the SAT? Do you have a support system to aid you?

Be very realistic. Good luck!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Drhay: 3:06pm On Mar 27, 2021
EncephalonPikin:

I'm not 'sir' abeg. You can look at the EducationUSA website to get an idea https://educationusa.state.gov/your-5-steps-us-study but the ideal step is to evaluate your high school transcript or WAEC, register and write the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and create a CommonApp profile through which you'll apply to schools or you can choose to apply through each school's portal. Each school has their own unique application process and requirements so you have a lot of research to do. How do you find scholarships? Well, Google is your friend. You're an international student so you should know the keywords to input while doing your research. A lot of factors come into play when you're seeking a scholarship- your age, your leadership experience, involvement in community services, background and so on.

Just start from somewhere. You can also ask yourself some sincere questions to avoid wasting your own time. How old are you? How long have you been out of high school? Do you have the money to process this? (Even if you get a full ride, you still have to pay for a lot of things out of pocket) Do you have alternatives in case this fails? Are you motivated enough to score high on the SAT? Do you have a support system to aid you?

Be very realistic. Good luck!

Thanks for the response.. I actually want to go for a Bsc although i have am HND but cant go for masters cos i have a low grade, as for age, im in my 26/27.. Do i have chances and about motivations i dont have problems
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fatsonm: 3:21pm On Mar 27, 2021
omolorlarh:

Hello. Please were you funded?

I have not submitted an application. I am at the moment considering the possibility of getting funding for spring 2022.

I have sent you a DM pls reply.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ju5na34ra: 3:43pm On Mar 27, 2021
HappyRabi:
Hi everyone. Is there anyone that applied to university of Cincinnati? How is the possibility of getting a GA?

Kindly PM me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dayviheed91(m): 3:57pm On Mar 27, 2021
Pls anyone applicant in Tennessee tech university here.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Musbeni(m): 4:07pm On Mar 27, 2021
Yes I have interview in April
iire:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Musbeni(m): 4:11pm On Mar 27, 2021
Please, is there anyone here that can do mock interview for me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 27, 2021
Hello NL. Gurus in the houses, please help me review this transcript and give your honest assessments.

What has changed since your last visit? I believe I wasn’t able to properly articulate what the course would do for me and what I intend to do when I return to Nigeria. I have a better grasp of what the course would do for me now especially in terms of my career progression and what I intend to do when I return to Nigeria.

So what would this course do for you? A masters in Management Information Systems will equip me with knowledge to ensure data quality, transmission, processing, and storage that would facilitate good decision-making and general operations for companies in Nigeria. In working across banking, energy, not- for-profit and health organizations, I realized a common problem - the lack of strong data management and Research has shown that Countries that invest in and successfully derive value from their data will have a distinct advantage over countries that do not. To accelerate development and make good progress economically as a Nation, we need to develop technologies for capturing and storing data. With a master’s degree in MIS I will be empowered with high-level analytical skills necessary to manage complex computer and telecommunication based information systems for government and organizations.

Why Abuja? There were available dates in Abuja for this period and fortunately for me my friend is getting married in Jos. So I figured that since I will be on vacation and in this axis around this period, I would just schedule my appointment.

Why UIS? I chose UIS because they offer the best fit for my career growth in terms of curricula content which include courses like Fundamentals of Business Analytics, Project and Change Management and Business Process Management and Process Mining. Another important factor that attracted me is the fact that most of my professors have a lot of industry experience and teaching experience what that means is they would be teaching practical insights that can immediately be applied at work.

Tell me about your course? Management Information Systems (MIS) is the study of people, technology, organizations, and the relationships among them. Businesses use information systems at all levels of operation to collect, process, and store data. As an MIS major, I will learn how to design, implement, and use business information systems in innovative ways to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of organizations. Also, As an MIS professional I will be responsible for creating information systems for data management (i.e., storing, searching, and analyzing data). In addition, I will manage various information systems to meet the needs of various internal and external clients in companies including managers, customers and staff.
What is Management Information Systems? Management Information Systems (MIS) is the study of people, technology, organizations, and the relationships among them. For Instance, I had to fill out data on a system for this interview which you have access to and are able to make informed decisions from, that’s using information systems. Virtually every business using some form of information systems or other.

What is Economics? Economics is the study of the use of scarce resources to satisfy unlimited human wants. Economics is the study of given ends and scarce means. It’s the study of how best to allocate scarce resources amidst several choice and alternatives.

When did you finish high school? 2009

What have you been doing since then? I got admitted to University for a Bachelors in Economics, graduated in 2015, Did an internship with the Electronic Payment team at Guaranty Trust Banks and then another internship at an architectural company and then I came for the compulsory 1 year National Youth service here in Abuja. After my NYSC, I went back to Lagos and resumed at an Oil and Gas company as the Personal Assistant to the Managing Director where I was responsible for tasks such as providing administrative support to the managing director and expat senior managers, hotel and travel logistics and procurement of office supplies and then I moved on to my current organization as the customer service officer responsible for Communicating directly with all customers and ensuring their experience in the hospital is pleasant, valuable, and memorable and managing billing and invoices using the company’s computer-based information systems.

What is Information Systems? Information Systems is an academic study of systems with a specific reference to information and the complementary networks of hardware. Information systems are also networks of computers integrated to work together to achieve specific objectives. There are different objectives - such as decision-making, storing & archiving, organizing office tools. The aim of information system is to support business operations, management and decision-making. Some components of Information system include Hardware, Software, Data, Procedures, People, Feedback. Some examples of Information system are management information system, intelligent system, enterprise systems, enterprise resource planning, geographic information system.

How is Information Systems related to Management Information Systems? information systems is simply the physical hardware, data and software that functions while management information system which is a component of Information Systems is one of any type of computerized information systems used in business organizations. The diverse services of an MIS address the specific information needs of the departments, or functional areas, found in most business organizations: Sales, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Operations, Human resources, Information technology services.
Each department has distinctive information needs. For example, the sales department needs sales reports; the accounting department needs updated financial statements; the marketing department needs a customer relations management system, or CRM, to manage all touchpoints where prospects and customers interact with the business.

What courses would you be doing? Fundamentals of Business Analytics, Management of Database Systems, Systems Analysis and Design, Data Communications and Networking, Business Process Modeling and IT Governance, Business Process Management and Process Mining and Project and Change Management.

Tell me about the program at UIS: I will be studying for a Master Degree in Management Information Systems and gain understanding of computer hardware and software systems to ensure the data quality, transmission, processing, and storage necessary to facilitate organizational decision-making and general operations.

How did you know about the School? My Brother informed me about Education USA’s fair in September 2019 in Nigeria. UIS was one of the schools that attended the fair and I got connected with the international students counsellor, Tracy. She sent me a brochure and several mails on how UIS is a choice university so when I decided to apply to graduate school, they were on top of my list of schools to apply to.

Why the switch from Economics to MIS? It’s not really a switch because Economics provides good knowledge of business processes and operations and because Nigeria is moving from manual systems to automated systems of operation, It’s important to have knowledge of Technologies that drive those processes and operations.

Tell me about your study plan? My course is for 24 months, and I've got to complete 36 credit hours before graduation in courses like Business Analytics, Database Systems, Project Management and Process Management.

What do you do? I currently work as Customer Service Officer where I am responsible for Communicating directly with all patients and ensuring that their experience in the hospital is pleasant, valuable, and memorable and Manage customer billing and invoices. We provide health services to some of the biggest banks in Nigeria, top oil and gas companies, Insurance companies and High-Net worth individuals. In addition to my responsibilities, I assist the Medical Director in putting together monthly claim reports for insurance clients.

How would you be paying for this? My older sister would be paying.

What does she do? She works as a senior project engineer with ….. She’s also been managing my mum’s assets since she passed last year.

I will be approving your visa……

@justwise, fairheart, texrem, Lagosismyhome, walspring

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Heyjessay: 4:24pm On Mar 27, 2021
Stevenssen:

I am also 100% certain that new dates will come up soon so don't worry about it. Most applicants for Fall will start going for their interviews by next month ending.

Okay, thank you for this.

If I may ask, how can I know when new interview dates are available? It's not like the embassy would send notifications to everybody that new dates are available and I don't really know anybody else applying for an F1 visa.

Because next month is a really really short time (in visa appointment wait time at least), and the people that have interviews next month should already know themselves.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 27, 2021
Heyjessay:

Okay, thank you for this.

If I may ask, how can I know when new interview dates are available? It's not like the embassy would send notifications to everybody that new dates are available and I don't really know anybody else applying for an F1 visa.

Because next month is a really really short time (in visa appointment wait time at least), and the people that have interviews next month should already know themselves.
the only way for you to know next available dates is by checking your CGI Account
But don’t spam the site checking plenty times a day at least twice or three times a day with intervals if not they would block you out for 72 hours

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.