Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642868 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by meritdee(m): 6:47pm On Mar 28, 2021
Musbeni:
please bro I want you to do mock visa interview with me. Can I DM please

Sure, you can.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obyas2: 6:53pm On Mar 28, 2021
I do not have there contact number
Malone122:
obviously yes you are changing to the new passport number

Call them through the web and let them assist you in updating it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 6:55pm On Mar 28, 2021
Thank you for the info.
Predstan:

All the universities that accept WES evaluation
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 28, 2021
Denuga91:
Can anyone tell me how efficient money order is?
Someone helped me pay my SEVIS fee via money order in the US on Wednesday. I'm yet to see my confirmation receipt.

It is efficient, it takes 1-3 days for the money order to reach SEVP and it also take them 1-3days to process your payment. You should get a confirmation between Monday-Wednesday.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 28, 2021
abdullahi45:
Good day, Fellow Nairalanders,

I have been passively following this trend.

I would be glad to receive your responses to the below questions regarding F-1 visa application.

I am nearing the completion of a master's degree at a University in South Africa and I intend to resume a doctoral position at an American University in the Fall. My question is, will applying and interviewing for my F-1 visa in South Africa (as opposed to Nigeria) reduce my chances of securing the visa?

Since all my family members are in Nigeria, how can I convince the VO of my home ties (if I am applying from South Africa)?

Also, is it okay to tell the VO that I will resume work in Nigeria or South Africa after my doctoral study?

Is there anything else I need to know?

Thank you for your time and invaluable responses.

@justwise @NigPatriot @Predstan @Malone122 @meritdee @fairheart @bukkymbo

IMO, I think you should have your interview in South Africa, it doesn’t reduce your chances of getting a visa. It only shows your interest and ambition in the academia.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Worriedwife: 7:01pm On Mar 28, 2021
meritdee:

Yes, you can. Look for schools that offer conditional admission.

You may also want to evaluate your CGPA on a 4-point scale as well.

Tnx Meritdee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 28, 2021
dayviheed91:
Pls my good people in the house, I need transcripts for visa interview coming up soonest and also any Tennessee tech student in here? Pls signify

NigPatriot:

For your preparation, kindly go through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/5233208/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part

It contains past transcripts of many F1 applicants. Look at the approvals and learn from the denials too. Practice and gain confidence, but have it at the back of your mind that not everyone gets the visa at first trial, some finally do get it after their 4th attempt - knowing this will relieve tension and not make it look like a do or die affair for you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Raymars: 7:14pm On Mar 28, 2021
Kindly add me to the WhatsApp group of students going to kansas state (07037372988)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 7:28pm On Mar 28, 2021
I did not receive this oo. But i got their mail asking me to send my proof of funds/bank statement.
OMOZ1:

I received mail from graduate studies yesterday tell me to re-send my document, and I sent all the required documents since on the 4th of this month, though I sent it to them again sa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oloniyan(m): 7:42pm On Mar 28, 2021
Worriedwife:
Good evening guys,
I have taken my time 2 go through the thread so I won’t ask repetitive questions. I commend all the contributors, but I want to know is I can do my Masters in the US with a CGPA of 2.7/5

Yes you can. from experiences gathered here since 2015 i can say yes you should be able to see schools that will give you admission.
Register for GRE and Toefl and make sure you ace your GRE couple with Strong SOP and letters of recommendation and Olodumare's grace, you're good to go.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 28, 2021
obyas2:
I do not have there contact number
use the web call
https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-contactus.asp
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dmoney1992(m): 8:26pm On Mar 28, 2021
Goodevening all, please after receiving I-20 what next?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Denuga91: 8:27pm On Mar 28, 2021
PotentialNurse:

It is efficient, it takes 1-3 days for the money order to reach SEVP and it also take them 1-3days to process your payment. You should get a confirmation between Monday-Wednesday.

Thanks!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by watchwoman(f): 8:32pm On Mar 28, 2021
Good evening, please is there anyone here already studying at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (UIUC). I just got admission there and I need help with some of the online registration processes.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 28, 2021
Dmoney1992:
Goodevening all, please after receiving I-20 what next?
sevis fee payment and visa fee payment then you book for your interview

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tracker01(m): 8:46pm On Mar 28, 2021
Malone122:
sevis fee payment and visa fee payment then you book for your interview

Thanks for your response, Please how do I go about the sevis fee payment and visa fee payment? am I still going to pay the two fees on https://www.ustraveldocs.com? what about DS-160. is it before making the two payments before I can fill the DS-160 form or after paying the two fees?
please the guru in the house kindly help. I have received my i-20 but I am confused about the visa application process.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Footboss: 9:05pm On Mar 28, 2021
Good evening house

Please, I don't know if there is anything I can do about my deactivated Visa fee. I exhaused the number times to reschedule (I thought it was thrice).

Any hope? Or I should just proceed with another payment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abdullahi45: 9:21pm On Mar 28, 2021
meritdee:

Hi Abdullahi,

Applying and interviewing for F-1 VISA from South Africa will not reduce your chances of securing a VISA. Resuming your Ph.D. immediately after your master's degree shows you're ambitious, but you would have to convince the VO why a US School is the next move in your ambitious journey.

If you maintained a good travel history between Nigeria and South Africa, you need not worry about home ties.

That you would be back in Nigeria or South Africa for work should not be the first thing you'd say when asked what you'll do after your Doctoral program. What if there are specific areas in the US where your research breakthrough would significantly boost their economy? I would start by highlighting the importance of evaluating sectors (around the world) where your research would be useful. Obtain buy-in, and contribute to the improvement of the sector. Tailor your responses around being an ambitious researcher and be consistent.

Goodluck.

@meritdee Thank you so much for your well-detailed response and kindness.

I really appreciate it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abdullahi45: 9:29pm On Mar 28, 2021
Gokoyer1401:
From my experience, I will tell you to return to Nigeria to apply for your visa. Atleast you will show to some extent that you have some home ties.

Think about it, you finish your MSc in a foreign country, why cant you return to your home country when you are done with the purpose of staying in foreign country? This must be one of the questions your VO will have at the back of his/her mind. I am not an expert but I will advise you to return to Nigeria to apply for the US visa.

@Gokoyer1401. Thank you so much for your response.

I am technically not done with my MSc degree. And If I am to go to Nigeria to apply, it means I will have to take a break from my study.

What do you think?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 28, 2021
Footboss:
Good evening house

Please, I don't know if there is anything I can do about my deactivated Visa fee. I exhaused the number times to reschedule (I thought it was thrice).

Any hope? Or I should just proceed with another payment

You have to make another payment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bobority: 9:53pm On Mar 28, 2021
Hello everyone. Is there anyone in Howard University? Please I need some information. Thanks I’m advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dodoyinsolar202: 9:54pm On Mar 28, 2021
tracker01:

Thanks for your response, Please how do I go about the sevis fee payment and visa fee payment? am I still going to pay the two fees on https://www.ustraveldocs.com? what about DS-160. is it before making the two payments before I can fill the DS-160 form or after paying the two fees?
please the guru in the house kindly help. I have received my i-20 but I am confused about the visa application process.
hi. sevis fee is paid by your contact outside Nigeria via western union, pay check, or money order while the Visa fee is paid @GTB N67,200. hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 10:08pm On Mar 28, 2021
Is the school that give you PhD admission aware of the msc that you are running in S/A? Talking about a break, do you have to finish the msc before you move to US?

abdullahi45:

@Gokoyer1401. Thank you so much for your response.

I am technically not done with my MSc degree. And If I am to go to Nigeria to apply, it means I will have to take a break from my study.

What do you think?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abdullahi45: 10:29pm On Mar 28, 2021
Gokoyer1401:
Is the school that give you PhD admission aware of the msc that you are running in S/A? Talking about a break, do you have to finish the msc before you move to US?

Yes. They are aware.

Yes. I will have to finish my MSc before resuming for the doctoral position...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ManLikeMosh: 11:14pm On Mar 28, 2021
abdullahi45:
Good day, Fellow Nairalanders,

I have been passively following this trend.

I would be glad to receive your responses to the below questions regarding F-1 visa application.

I am nearing the completion of a master's degree at a University in South Africa and I intend to resume a doctoral position at an American University in the Fall. My question is, will applying and interviewing for my F-1 visa in South Africa (as opposed to Nigeria) reduce my chances of securing the visa?

Since all my family members are in Nigeria, how can I convince the VO of my home ties (if I am applying from South Africa)?

Also, is it okay to tell the VO that I will resume work in Nigeria or South Africa after my doctoral study?

Is there anything else I need to know?

Thank you for your time and invaluable responses.

@justwise @NigPatriot @Predstan @Malone122 @meritdee @fairheart @bukkymbo
Hello
I am in a very similar situation. I currently study in France and will be completing my Msc in July. I had to choose coming back to Nigeria for my interview due to the US presidential proclamation (You can check that out here; https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/presidential-proclamation-coronavirus.html ) preventing people from certain countries to enter US. This has halted Visa processes too. It is recommended you spend 14 days in non-restricted countries before your appointment at the embassy. I am very sure SA is one and the only African country in the restricted list.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by brainnny(m): 12:48am On Mar 29, 2021
Hello All, Please I would appreciate if anyone can advise the best and.most recent GRE Material to use at the moment. I have Gruber 2015 edition, but thinking it might be outdated and the question styles might have significantly changed. In one of the earlier parts of the thread(I guess about 5 years ago), Someone advised Gruber for the data comparison and algebra sections which are areas I actually need to work on. Is Gruber still advisable to be used in recent times or there are materials from other authors, such as Princeton, Manhattan, Kaplan etc that are of better quality ? Your contributions would be appreciated. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tracyroy(m): 12:59am On Mar 29, 2021
Boss, pls I'm interested in a mock interview.
Can I pm you?

meritdee:

Sure, you can.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tracyroy(m): 1:06am On Mar 29, 2021
Thank you, I just did.

tracyroy:
Boss, pls I'm interested in a mock interview.
Can I pm you?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Legit215(m): 4:29am On Mar 29, 2021
How's it going here, all the fall visa hopefuls wishing you all success

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Legit215(m): 6:48am On Mar 29, 2021
Quick question if I feel like visiting Nigeria do I need to reapply for student visa again before coming back to the USA.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Heyjessay: 6:48am On Mar 29, 2021
Allylic:
Congrats to those that have gotten their admission and funding.
To those still waiting,your Congratulations is on the way.
Please try to schedule your visa interview as fast as you can.I think 120 days before earliest resumption on your I20.
Lastly,please contact me for your cheap and affordable flights..
A trial will convince you

Although I am checking the appointment portal 3x daily, any fall 2021 student that is able to get an appointment at the right time should please let us know when & how they did it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MamaJJJ: 7:04am On Mar 29, 2021
Thank you so much.
Please how exactly do I need to go about this? If there's nairalander that has tips to share, I am willing to listen. Thanks
meritdee:

From my findings, it is better to make arrangements to bring your child along. Leaving your 1-year-old child behind isn't a home tie; it is punishment. Your child needs you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.