Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (884) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644886 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 03, 2022
In filling DS-160, there’s a question on immediate relative and another question on other relative. If you have cousins in the US, will you fill yes on other relatives?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by maxino1988(m): 4:28pm On May 03, 2022
My name is Okafor Maxwell, i was offered admission to do my masters in one of the university in America but my biggest challenge now is how to raise fund that the school needed to be in my account or sponsor's account, please i need help.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KingBunmi: 4:31pm On May 03, 2022
Good evening guys,
Please I need your inputs and advice. My interview date is May 19 and my start date is May 24th.
I'm scared because the date is close as there is even a weekend between those dates. So I mailed my school to give me a letter indicating that they're fine with me coming late but the director of the international students office said that as long as I would be coming within 2 weeks of start date they won't see a need to write anything for me.

My main question now is, what should I do?
Should I print the mail and take it along on my interview date?
Should I bring it up during the interview and show the VO the printed document or I should avoid it entirely?

Help a young scholar

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by joshadu: 4:49pm On May 03, 2022
For student loans, I think you should look into international student loan organisations like MPOWER or Prodigy Finance and others.

maxino1988:
My name is Okafor Maxwell, i was offered admission to do my masters in one of the university in America but my biggest challenge now is how to raise fund that the school needed to be in my account or sponsor's account, please i need help.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by simplytemmie: 4:52pm On May 03, 2022
Good afternoon. Is there any university currently accepting transfer students?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 03, 2022
KingBunmi:
Good evening guys,
Please I need your inputs and advice. My interview date is May 19 and my start date is May 24th.
I'm scared because the date is close as there is even a weekend between those dates. So I mailed my school to give me a letter indicating that they're fine with me coming late but the director of the international students office said that as long as I would be coming within 2 weeks of start date they won't see a need to write anything for me.

Should I bring it up during the interview and show the VO the printed document or I should avoid it entirely?

Help a young scholar

I believe he is correct. As far as it is within a week or two, you would have no problem at the Point of Entry.

If you want your mind at ease, you can print the mail and take it along but the VO would likely not ask. Well, it may be additional comfort at the POE.

Best of luck!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 5:43pm On May 03, 2022
Gid29:
Interview
First Attempt: Wednesday, December 15th 2021
8:00am Attendance
Around 10:00am I met with the VO, Bald guy with a tattoo and a diamond earring on his ear. Vo look at me then nod his head so as to come forward.
VO: Hello,Good Morning
Me: Good Morning Sir

Vo: I can see you’re going for your bachelor degree at Murray State University ?
Me:Yes correct sir

Vo: What have you been doing after you graduated from high school?
Me: After My Studies In MCSHS I Put In For My TOEFL(text of english as foreign language) Exams which I Had 83, & Also Sat Down For My SAT(scholastic attitude text)Exams Which I Score 1450, Then I Proceeded For Safety Programs For 8 Months To Know A Foundation Program For Safety. Vo nodded his head

VO: How will the course be able to help you when you’re back in your home land?
Me: The Advantage Of The Course To Me I Will Go For My Mandatory Service Which Is The (NYSC) Which Is Known As The National Youth Services Corps.Then I Will Join The Association Of Criminal Justice & Safety Studies In My Home Town To Implements The Ideas & Knowledgeable I Acquired To Call On Criminals Within My Society & Encourage More Safety To The Community Where I Reside. Also I Will Make Use Of My Knowledge To Impact Advanced Technology & More Safety To Nigeria As A Whole.

Vo: then type for like 2mins then handed me the blue paper.

Gurus can you pls help me check this out I’m planning to apply for fall semester 2022 can you pls tell me mistakes.

Hmm I want to believe the typos are really typos and not how you actually said everything.
1. You started so we'll by answering the initial questions down to what you have been doing.
2. The next question of "How will the course be able to help you when you’re back in your home land?" didn't go with your response at all.
Why exactly are you going for the course you are going for and how will it contribute to your growth??
And if you noticed, the VO didn't say anything again because that response doesn't fit into anything.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 5:46pm On May 03, 2022
KingBunmi:
Good evening guys,

Help a young scholar

Since they can't give you a letter, print out that response in case. And if the VO ask you if you have approval to resume on a later date, say that response and show the letter simultaneously.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cleod: 7:20pm On May 03, 2022
Gdine:
Good morning ya all. If you will like to have your interview at Abuja Embassy this fall 2022, and you are in search of date, do well by reaching out to me so you will be added to the Abuja search for date Group, Thank you.
Please add me 08064457102

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ollypapi(m): 8:10pm On May 03, 2022
Good evening, pls my admission is august 2022 and till now im yet to get appointment... Any hope of getting appointment before the admission month?

Thank you for quick response and advice
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ollypapi(m): 8:16pm On May 03, 2022
Hello great guys, i have an issue...i mistakenly input my previous passport number upon visa appointment..When i realized the site is not allowing me to change it and i mailed the customer support they replied i cant but i should come along with the old and the recent ones to embassy...i have linked my mvr to it...my question is, i hope it wont cause my hinderance that day
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SammyT95(m): 8:32pm On May 03, 2022
Venekconsultt:
Please always be careful when filling as errors often are of disadvantage. However since u haven't paid the necessary fees do well with a new form with a new mail.

Can you please elaborate? I have filled a couple of DS 160 due to mistakes etc, do you think this is a disadvantage?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 8:41pm On May 03, 2022
ollypapi:
Hello great guys, i have an issue...i mistakenly input my previous passport number upon visa appointment..When i realized the site is not allowing me to change it and i mailed the customer support they replied i cant but i should come along with the old and the recent ones to embassy...i have linked my mvr to it...my question is, i hope it wont cause my hinderance that day
no issue.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 03, 2022
Gdine:
Good morning ya all. If you will like to have your interview at Abuja Embassy this fall 2022, and you are in search of date, do well by reaching out to me so you will be added to the Abuja search for date Group, Thank you.

Pls add me 08168807564
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by davidmatin: 9:13pm On May 03, 2022
Please I omitted my middle while filling my visa appointment schedule, and my visa interview confirmation came out without my middle name. Every other information is correct. It's just the middle name omission.

Would it be accepted at the consulate?

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Keleokafor: 9:45pm On May 03, 2022
david0001:
@Walspring helped me pay my I-901 SEVIS fee. The payment was confirmed significantly faster than I anticipated! Don't hesitate to reach out to him.

Please how long did it take and did you pay him in Naira?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vicko3: 10:26pm On May 03, 2022
Great minds! Please my sponsor is my cousin in Belgium and his name was put on my I-20. I also got a partial sponsorship from my employer but the DSO in the school doesn't want to update the form I-20, can I input both my cousin and my employer on my DS 160 form or I should just input only my cousin. And what likely document will be required of me from my employer?

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vicko3: 10:29pm On May 03, 2022
Great minds! Please my sponsor is my cousin in Belgium and his name was put on my I-20. I also got a partial sponsorship from my employer but the DSO in the school doesn't want to update the form I-20, can I input both my cousin and my employer on my DS 160 form or I should just input only my cousin. And what are the likely document will be required of me from my employer?

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ebi1(f): 10:33pm On May 03, 2022
its not a new environment for me though... I schooled there, did opt, and got a b2 visa... I'm actually changing to f1 again... i just need someone to help with our 2 kids who are under 5 years old and cant go to school yet...

Chukspredos:

They may still see it as too long for someone who has something doing in Nigeria. Remember that he'd get a 2 year visa even if he says he's staying for 2 days. Leave it at a 2-3 weeks that he's there to help you and the kids settle into a new environment before he goes back to Nigeria to his job.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by oluezekiel(m): 10:52pm On May 03, 2022
What's your major?

Don1145:
Hello all!

Who is going to University of Nevada Las Vegas?

Lets connect!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 10:57pm On May 03, 2022
Jummie14:
Hello guys please I need a confirmation on my admission packet, it has been sent to me via mail I’m talking of my I20 and admission letter. Do I have to request for the original from school to be sent to me or the one sent electronically via mail is enough to be used at the embassy?

Since covid schools have been sending i20 via electronic and it’s accepted at the embassy so you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 10:58pm On May 03, 2022
Keleokafor:

Please how long did it take and did you pay him in Naira?

Depending on the payment option or method you want for your processing.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by degxyflexy: 11:05pm On May 03, 2022
Add me 0 8 0 6 4 6 1 8 1 8 5
Gdine:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Wendywilson: 11:10pm On May 03, 2022
Please, I will like to know if funding decision do come with admission letter or it comes with I20.

I will like to know more about funding after admission.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Faheezah1: 11:37pm On May 03, 2022
Gdine:

Please add me to the WhatsApp group 07034630103
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ny11: 11:55pm On May 03, 2022
With Naira debit card
davichido:

Please how is this done. With your debit or dollar card?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Uchew: 12:56am On May 04, 2022
Gdine:

Please add me
Zeemhart@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Uchew: 1:09am On May 04, 2022
Hello Team.
I’m new here.
I’ve learnt a lot from this thread.

Please assist with few questions

1. On my ds160, the question who is sponsoring your trip. Can I put my spouse as he is paying for my ticket? Does the embassy have access to the sponsor I used when applying as it is not on my I20? Or can I use another sponsor. (I’m applying for F1 visa)

2. I have an admission offer without any funding, no travel history and I’m traveling with a spouse and a son. If I make a trip to Dubai now, will it not seem obvious the trip is because of travel history for my F1 visa? Do the chances seem slim?

Please I need would appreciate your advise
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 5:03am On May 04, 2022
davidmatin:
Please I omitted my middle while filling my visa appointment schedule, and my visa interview confirmation came out without my middle name. Every other information is correct. It's just the middle name omission.

Would it be accepted at the consulate?

Thank you
Yes. No issue.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by davidmatin: 5:50am On May 04, 2022
Hi!

I have an issue with my visa application schedule page. I have booked an appointment before realizing that I didn't include my middle name. Please how can I correct that? Or it is not an issue?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by davidmatin: 5:51am On May 04, 2022
beejhay69:
Yes. No issue.

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate. And I would like to know if your response is from experience.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 8:10am On May 04, 2022
davidmatin:

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate. And I would like to know if your response is from experience.

Thanks
OK.

(1) (2) (3) ... (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.