Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,445 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (887) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644345 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SammyT95(m): 11:22am On May 05, 2022
Osof:
You have cancelled once now. You won't be able to apply for emergency date more than once

Not true, I cancelled Lagos, Picked a new date in Abuja and I still have the EA option on my portal
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osof: 11:31am On May 05, 2022
After the first E.A have been denied?
SammyT95:

Not true, I cancelled Lagos, Picked a new date in Abuja and I still have the EA option on my portal
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OladeleEniola01: 11:59am On May 05, 2022
SammyT95:

I was hoping this will happened in my case too but was surprised I couldn't get the EA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tinafusty: 12:28pm On May 05, 2022
OladeleEniola01:

I was hoping this will happened in my case too but was surprised I couldn't get the EA
It doesn't happen in all cases, sometimes it disappears after applying for EA ,at other times it might not disappear, the two scenario have Happened to me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 1:17pm On May 05, 2022
June dates are available(6,9,10) up to 60 slots. Pick now

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Iamburlanle(f): 1:18pm On May 05, 2022
Dates are available in June

Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 1:18pm On May 05, 2022
SammyT95:

Exactly,I know people do this,howcome some can't see their EA option if they change location after long awaiting EA from lagos.Nawa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Venekconsultt: 1:24pm On May 05, 2022
It's a simple understanding sir. I take a scholarship application as an example(if you have ever applied for a scholarship before). Multiple applications leads to disqualification. Permit me to ask you what are your reasons for successive errors upon filling your DS 160 form? No doubt we are humans and prone to errors but even a kid whom wants to transfer funds will always ask/check the recipient name over and over again to ensure he/she is on a safe side.
With all due respect boss always kindly do well to check all spaces filled over n over again to avoid mistakes please. There are persons whom have lost scholarship,work among other opportunities due to carelessness on filling forms or submissions!

Let's say this errors leads to your visa denial will you be happy paying and paying for successive applications?
I don't wanna scare you but it's a 50-50 chance you got here but let's keep our fingers crossed.imagine such errors filling admission form and they are no room for editing so you gonna be over paying application fees??
My point is ponder on the above and ALWAYS BECAREFUL
Just keep your fingers crossed. All the best boss

SammyT95:

Can you please elaborate? I have filled a couple of DS 160 due to mistakes etc, do you think this is a disadvantage?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 05, 2022
Iamburlanle:
Dates are available in June

Abuja
Mine is still showing March 2023 after I refreshed the page. What do I do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babnxst93: 1:38pm On May 05, 2022
whats happening with lagos now , no date yet
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 1:42pm On May 05, 2022
Awubfjrnndk:

Mine is still showing March 2023 after I refreshed the page. What do I do?

No you don't refresh the page. Click on reschedule and once you don't see a favourable date, logout and login again at another time
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 05, 2022
UmmZayd:

No you don't refresh the page. Click on reschedule and once you don't see a favourable date, logout and login again at another time

Are the June dates still available? I just logged in again and I’m still seeing March 2023. Pls help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ThatIj: 2:08pm On May 05, 2022
Please should I mention this or present it during my interview, when ask about funding

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hamilton2020(f): 6:41pm On May 05, 2022
Hello house, I am currently trying to book a date to go the US embassy for interview for my student visa but dates currently available are for April 2024 and am to resume this year August. Please any suggestion on how to go about it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hamilton2020(f): 7:20pm On May 05, 2022
Anyone going to the University of North Texas?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 7:34pm On May 05, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nickishire: 8:47pm On May 05, 2022
Hamilton2020:
Hello house, I am currently trying to book a date to go the US embassy for interview for my student visa but dates currently available are for April 2024 and am to resume this year August. Please any suggestion on how to go about it?

Join a whatsapp date checking group.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hamilton2020(f): 9:14pm On May 05, 2022
Please add me to the group.Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by aifeolu(f): 10:08pm On May 05, 2022
Please anyone gotten admission to Bowling Green State university? Let’s connect please.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by aifeolu(f): 10:12pm On May 05, 2022
Hamilton2020:
Please add me to the group 08095506684. Thanks

Please kindly send me the link also when you have been added. 08144123948. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 10:53pm On May 05, 2022
Please house can I go to the embassy with an unsigned and unstamped SOA . Not my sponsor SOA my personal SOA because it’s indicated on my I20 that I have personal funds. Hope it’s not a red flag. My bank said they don’t print SOA anymore that I should go and download it on app. It’s UBA bank ooo abi na lie?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by PecAbby: 11:42pm On May 05, 2022
fairheart:

3 people in my group shared your post with me. You are not a nice person bro, and it is people like you that turn soft people to cold one. When you contacted me, I remember giving you quality time to discuss your case. I didn't even tell you to pay me until you ask me if I can help you. I clearly told you I was busy as I have personal works I needed to attend to and you need me to come on board to better prepare you for the next interview, you'd pay. I remember sighting 3 examples of Nigerians that were refused in Turkey and was told to come to Nigeria for their visas and they got it upon applying in Nigeria. They are on this thread. When I advised, I picked from experience of other applicants. I never said you cannot get your visa with your wife. I said you may need to drop her and apply first then she can join later. There's nothing in my chat with you that was negative or that said you cannot get your visa with your wife. So, why are you posting these about me? I remember telling you you can try and see how it goes. I have never told anyone they can't get their visas. I have been refused several times too, so what are you saying? You're an adult and should do things truthfully. You simply wanted to join the league of bitter Nairalanders.

I charged you 50K because that is how I test the type of people that come to my DM. A lot of people come to my DM for assistance, and I have had to assist majority without kobo. When I feel like placing a price tag on my time, those who genuinely value my time open up; those who have paid.

Not giving up worked for you; Congratulations.

Hello Fairheart

Thank you for all you do in this forum.

Please I need your advice.
I'm in a dilemma.

So my husband and I booked US Visa appointments.
Note: My husband is F1 with 3 dependents (me and our two kids).
We have full funding.

However we made a mistake of applying for emergency visa outside of our '60days to start date' window and we were denied.
We took this decision because a friend of ours did same and he was approved.

Now our regular appointment is for Feb. 2023.
And the emergency appointment option is no longer displaying in our dashboard.
What should we do ...

Can we cancel the appointment and pay a fresh visa fee...will it guarantee that the emergency window will come back?

Or any other solution we can choose.

Thank you in advance for your kind response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IamOluwaseun009: 11:47pm On May 05, 2022
nickishire:

Join a whatsapp date checking group.

Please add me to the group, 07039665340. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by PecAbby: 11:50pm On May 05, 2022
Gdine:
Good morning ya all. If you will like to have your interview at Abuja Embassy this fall 2022, and you are in search of date, do well by reaching out to me so you will be added to the Abuja search for date Group, Thank you.

H
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Imaluvtom: 11:58pm On May 05, 2022
Hello, please I'll like to be added to the group for Visa Interview dates in Lagos.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by PecAbby: 12:03am On May 06, 2022
Tinafusty:

Wait for your original appointment or keep checking for available date everyday,or u can pay another Visa fee and try again

Please how can I check for available dates.
I'm in the same situation as the OP.
I tried rescheduling to check for dates...after three trials, they said I have one more chance left to check for dates.

Also, will paying a new visa fee bring back the emergency option back?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by PecAbby: 12:06am On May 06, 2022
Captaintitan:
most of us going for fall 2022 are yet to get a closer date , just keep checking the available dates or better still join a WhatsApp group to monitor the available dates together , in a situation where closer available dates don’t show up ;select any available date and use the emergency appointment option

Hello
Please I got denied emergency request.
I'm going for fall 2022
Please send me WhatsApp group for Abuja to monitor dates.
How can I check for available dates ...i tried rescheduling but they said I have reached my last chance for doing that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by PecAbby: 12:08am On May 06, 2022
Osof:
You can request for emergency date 3 times using the same mrv

Please how can I do that.
I requested just once and got denied.
The EA tab is no longer on display in m dashboard
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by PecAbby: 12:16am On May 06, 2022
Moshkom:
Quick one guys,

As your ‘May date’ is fast approaching, don’t forget to keep preparing towards the date/day.

You are the applicant, you should know the kind of preparation that works for you, general mock, self videos mock, transcript p/reviews, YouTubing etc.

Thank you for all you do in this forum.

Please I need your advice.
I'm in a dilemma.

So my husband and I booked US Visa appointments.
Note: My husband is F1 with 3 dependents (me and our two kids).
We have full funding.

However we made a mistake of applying for emergency visa outside of our '60days to start date' window and we were denied.
We took this decision because a friend of ours did same and he was approved.

Now our regular appointment is for Feb. 2023.
And the emergency appointment option is no longer displaying in our dashboard.
What should we do ...

Can we cancel the appointment and pay a fresh visa fee...will it guarantee that the emergency window will come back?

Or any other solution we can choose.

Thank you in advance for your kind response

Preparation is key. You don’t just wait and be expecting miracle. Embassy ‘atmosphere’ is entirely different that if you don’t go prepared, your hands might fall and “e go shock you”. �

Aside preparation, make sure everything you’re coming with is set and corresponded. Your locations both on visa portal and ds160 be same, your application numbers on both should be same etc.

As the applicant; you should know that the VO ‘usually’ judge these ways:

GENUINE - Are you here with a good school or so? I mean, there are some schools that are ‘red flags’ to the VOs. Mostly, Colleges or so. Applying to the ‘wrong’ schools clearly shows that you’re trying to Japa because they the VO knows that there are more than 4k right schools in The US. So, no excuse from you.

LIABILITY - Are you going there to be a liability to their country. That’s where FUNDING stuff comes in, and reason why most FULLY FUNDED guys get it easily. If you don’t have that, not a crime; just make sure you package your source of sponsorship well and clear for the VO to understand that you won’t be a liability.

HOME TIE: They want to KNOW not just hear, that you’ve something that would bring you back to your country. That’s where WORK and FAMILY (mostly married guys) comes in. Like, you can’t say you’re not currently working and/or not married and expect the VO you might likely come back (putting other factors in place, don’t get me wrong). �

F1: Be ready for more convincing ‘talks’ within few mins, extra supporting docs might not be asked. You CONVINCE the VO not ‘replying’ him/her.

F2: Extra supporting docs would be asked, come along with that and with small convincing talks. �

Oh! Grace factor? Ok. But also prepare for it to happen or work towards your Grace yourself.

For those coming to from different part to Abuja. Air and Roads are safe, don’t let anyone discourage or put fear on you. �

Air: Green Africa and Overland seems to be cheapest airlines atm. 27k and above I guess.

Road: sincerely ABC, GIG and co are the most convenient. 12k or so.

Accommodation: there are cheap hotels close to the embassy, of 5-10k range.

Most, Uber fee within Abuja are of 1k range, so from your hotel to the embassy won’t be more than 1k at most. Unless, it’s an airport trip which are mostly 3k or so.

If you seems lost, kindly reach out to me, I can easily recommend hotels and Uber guys within the City. �

Lastly, kindly know that in this path, IT IS ZERO EMOTIONS. You leave your emotions and expectations at your Fav location not in this path. It’s 50/50 just for you to know. If the other ‘50’ happens, take it and move on, you’re not a failure or anything. You come again later. Be like, Burna Boy who reFired to Grammy from African Giant album to TAT, and won it in his 2nd attempt by not giving up. �

BE PRAYERFUL and HOPEFUL.

“God No Go Shame Us”

Good Luck!

- MOSHKOM

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by PecAbby: 12:26am On May 06, 2022
V
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olaslaze: 12:34am On May 06, 2022
Hello everyone,i requested for an EA and i got denied and also the EA tab has disappeared but now i have paid a new visa fee in order for me to be able to request for EA as my program is to start on the 9th of June and i really need to secure an interview date……The question now is do how need to fill a new ds-160 or the one i have is still valid and also how do i go about canceling the old mrv and using the new one i jus paid for
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:38am On May 06, 2022
Hey Everyone,

I need your expert opinion if you could take a moment to read.

I would love if you could look at the below and let me know if there’s anything I should look at for that could affect my interview.

Finance
My COA is $84k
I have $19 scholarships (on my I-20)
$20k personal savings ($5k on my i-20)
Family sponsor (dad) $36k (on my I-20)
Mpower loan $25k (not on I-20)
Total $94k

Situation
My brother is in the US as a legal PR, went through school and stayed back.

Travel history
Been to Dubai, Canada, And some other African coin tries

Degree
Business, MS.

Work experience
I have 5 years experience working for an international company.

Is there anything you think I should look out for or note?

(1) (2) (3) ... (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.