Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,589 members, 7,816,453 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (905) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644348 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mobilization: 9:10am On May 12, 2022
Pls what are supporting documents to back your emergency appointment

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by opamilerinayo: 9:10am On May 12, 2022
Exactly my thought.

A few things I noticed; your response lack depth.

1. How did you know about this university?
You literally said your pman(assuming your dad?) handpicked the university for you….��‍♂️

2. Why the US?

You also just said “because I just finished my URP HND, getting a degree will make me qualified to take over my father’s company”

Shebi you sef see say the responses no gel with the question the lady dey ask you.

Above all, consular wants to see that FI applicants are confident, high standing personnel that have a mind of their own etc.

I hope you get approved the next time.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mobilization: 9:16am On May 12, 2022
Please what are the supporting documents for emergency appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by STEPHarazu2001: 10:46am On May 12, 2022
Hello, anyone going to Iowa State University for fall 2022?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Buchi1539: 10:46am On May 12, 2022
midupe:

Try quoting it and copying it

https:///G4OkwTsbjBT3GfVRocjrbE
quote author=Agotfred post=112698101]

Good day, I will be commensing my program at Southeast Missouri State University by fall and I'll need to join the whatsapp group for updates. Kindly acknowledge this mail so I can forward my contact. Thanks
Olaoke16:

Since your appointment is in a foreign country, I can't categorically tell you to apply for it or not, but many people applied for it in Nigeria Consulates without considering the 60 days rule, and their EA were approved this week. Same thing happened last year. What I noticed is that most of the applicants that got their EA approved are fresh candidates without denial before.

But how many shots does one have to apply for EA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jaylo79: 10:52am On May 12, 2022
Buchi1539:

But how many shots does one have to apply for EA?

I think when you use your EA, you can’t use it again within the next 6 months.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 10:55am On May 12, 2022
For those going to Abuja. You can check the below attach for this hotel.

25mins drive to the embassy.

Remove 2k each from the below fee (08137988264 tell him from SOSA)

Goodluck!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by STEPHarazu2001: 11:00am On May 12, 2022
Please, how can I join the WhatsApp group?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rector202: 11:41am On May 12, 2022
BigboysZ:
Did you observe a problem in your community you are trying to solve?

What are the "specific skills" needed for you to solve it?

That's where the course comes in to equip you with the required skills and competencies needed to tackle that issue.

This is just a case among many reasons if they ask you why this course.

So can I say something like this? Is this a good response?

"While I was younger I suffered from several diseases. To mention, malaria, typhoid, and yellow fever. In the Nigerian community, there is an increasing incidence of infectious diseases, which has led to an increased mortality and morbidity rate coupled with a developed resistance to drugs.

I applied for this course during my undergraduate, even till this time because I am passionate about contributing to knowledge and solving these health problems in Nigeria.

This course provides me with valuable skillsets, state-of-the-art facilities, and competencies for my research needed to tackle these challenges.

Also, this course at XYZ University provides me with the exposure which is also able to place me at the forefront of biomedical research in Nigeria, and resume as a Full Professor in my alma-mater."
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Malcolmsweet: 11:49am On May 12, 2022
Buchi1539:

Please I am really confused on what to do
Please I have a regular appointment on the 29th of August and my school resumes on 22nd . Can I apply for EA now or wait till it is 60days am currently in dubai and I am to attend interview there.
please what is the requirements needed to apply for your interview in a foreign country
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by omitusaf(m): 12:21pm On May 12, 2022
Good afternoon great minds!

I'm in a bit of dilemma here. I'm really confused, and I would love your suggestions.

When I was applying to US grad schools last year, I had the intention of applying for a PhD. However, one of the schools I was really interested in said applicants without a Masters degree should apply for the Masters program even though they want to further continue to the PhD. In my case, I had not completed my Masters program as at the time, so I applied for the Masters.
After interviewing with a professor, he offered me a fully funded GRA position and told me funding was available for me to continue to PhD.

I have also filled it in my DS-160 form that I have completed my Masters.

During the visa interview, wouldn't the VO think it's a red flag since I already have a Masters degree in a similar field to the Masters I want to pursue in the US? I also heard that those officers do not allow one to fully articulate one's point before cutting one short. What are your tips and suggestions for me?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Buchi1539: 12:39pm On May 12, 2022
Malcolmsweet:
please what is the requirements needed to apply for your interview in a foreign country
Resident permit is the only difference from the usual application method in Nigeria.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by de3lar(m): 12:46pm On May 12, 2022
UmmZayd:

Okay sorry about this.
So if you are going next, why don't you look at applying for a Msc or a PhD instead of literally repeating Bsc again. (That's one)
Did you have any form of funding?
"Who's your sponsor?" My dad is fine without "definitely"

Best of luck

Getting my Results evaluated Na wahala on its own, it's not easy here at all.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by damolah10(m): 12:58pm On May 12, 2022
Is there anyone here that is still expecting admission decision from Lamar University for Fall 2022 ?

damolah10:
Is there anyone here that is still expecting admission decision from Lamar University for Fall 2022 ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CuriousityR: 1:28pm On May 12, 2022
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone also attending the University of Texas at Austin in Fall 2022? Let's link up.

I got the contact of a Nigerian studying there, but he was so rude lol.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by amojoawo: 1:47pm On May 12, 2022
HDwayne:
Okay, so if I fill a new DS-160 and update the application ID on the cgi page will the Emergency request option be available for me again?

It worked for me… as long as you have not canceled or rescheduled any other appointment before on the same MRV. Fill the DS160 and choose Abuja, I’m assuming you already canceled your previous appointment in Lagos, then update your profile on the cgi portal with the new DS160, you should see “new appointment” tab, click on it and follow the instructions to pick a regular date in Abuja, then the EA tab should show up. EA tab won’t be added until you’ve picked a regular date. Again you can only do this on the same MRV if you haven’t canceled or rescheduled any appointment before.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by omitusaf(m): 1:48pm On May 12, 2022
Perhaps anyone will also be attending the University of Oklahoma, we can link up as well.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Patricel: 2:06pm On May 12, 2022
Sorry about that your visa wasn’t approved in December... I think that’s the reason your EA was rejected again as it hasn’t not reached six months you last appeared for interview. One of the requirements is that you must not have been denied in the last six months.
HDwayne:
Yes, I requested for an EA in December but it was later ‘canceled’ not denied coz I got an appointment thru the priority surge date. Even at that, i think a new MRV should give me me at least 2 EA attempts if I’m not mistaken, coz I requested once and got denied and now the EA option is not showing again. I’m just so confused. My program start date is June 9.I need help.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 2:07pm On May 12, 2022
omitusaf:
Good afternoon great minds!

I'm in a bit of dilemma here. I'm really confused, and I would love your suggestions.

When I was applying to US grad schools last year, I had the intention of applying for a PhD. However, one of the schools I was really interested in said applicants without a Masters degree should apply for the Masters program even though they want to further continue to the PhD. In my case, I had not completed my Masters program as at the time, so I applied for the Masters.
After interviewing with a professor, he offered me a fully funded GRA position and told me funding was available for me to continue to PhD.

I have also filled it in my DS-160 form that I have completed my Masters.

During the visa interview, wouldn't the VO think it's a red flag since I already have a Masters degree in a similar field to the Masters I want to pursue in the US? I also heard that those officers do not allow one to fully articulate one's point before cutting one short. What are your tips and suggestions for me?

You don't have an issue, just as you have put it up here you can relay the same information - mention something unique about this program that your previous masters didn't have. (even if there's nothing unique, at the interview sell it differently).
But I have an issue with the bolded above, always try to mention names of schools - especially when you're needing the help of others (one good turn deserves another)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 2:17pm On May 12, 2022
Buchi1539:

Please I am really confused on what to do
Please I have a regular appointment on the 29th of August and my school resumes on 22nd . Can I apply for EA now or wait till it is 60days am currently in dubai and I am to attend interview there.

I'd say you should keep checking for date. August 22 is still kinda far. Wait for July at least before applying for EA. July or first week of August still has a strong stand to be called "emergency"
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 2:19pm On May 12, 2022
adextems:
The school I will be attending offers me 50% scholarship for the first quarter of my MBA programme and also stated that I am eligible for merit based scholarship that covers 30% of my tuition fees. The was stated under remark on my I-20. The school sent me a letter titled Scholarship letter in reference to the remark.
Please, do I tell the VO I have a scholarship and how do I call this type of scholarship because I don’t know if it’s the same as partial scholarship/funding?

Funding, scholarship anyone you want to call it. The koko is you still got free money from your school

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 2:24pm On May 12, 2022
Rector202:

So can I say something like this? Is this a good response?

"While I was younger I suffered from several diseases. To mention, malaria, typhoid, and yellow fever. In the Nigerian community, there is an increasing incidence of infectious diseases, which has led to an increased mortality and morbidity rate coupled with a developed resistance to drugs.

I applied for this course during my undergraduate, even till this time because I am passionate about contributing to knowledge and solving these health problems in Nigeria.

This course provides me with valuable skillsets, state-of-the-art facilities, and competencies for my research needed to tackle these challenges.

Also, this course at XYZ University provides me with the exposure which is also able to place me at the forefront of biomedical research in Nigeria, and resume as a Full Professor in my alma-mater."

Well just a reminder, it's a visa interview that would probably last 15mins max not a GA position interview. Please keep it short and simple.

Why exactly are you going for this program? What are the benefits you want to derive from this program?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by qotl: 2:30pm On May 12, 2022
Good afternoon house, kindly assist with suggestions please.
I had my student visa interview in Abuja in December 2021 but unfortunately, it was denied. I had an appointment which was past the program start date so I requested for EA and it was approved.
After the denial, precisely on the 23rd of December, I paid another MRV, got October 2022 interview date with Lagos embassy then applied for EA but it was denied.
I deferred my admission to Fall; so now I want to book for EA but the option is no longer available on my dashboard.
What can I do please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Buchi1539: 2:33pm On May 12, 2022
UmmZayd:

I'd say you should keep checking for date. August 22 is still kinda far. Wait for July at least before applying for EA. July or first week of August still has a strong stand to be called "emergency"

I thought it is stated that EA should be done 60days to school resumption
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ebi1(f): 2:40pm On May 12, 2022
You all should please stop saying your dad, uncle Aunty found the school for you…. The V.O will think you are not serious…. You want to go and school in the U.S and your parents are still helping you search for school? That means you don’t know what you want yet. Let the V.O know that you have done your research. About the state, the school’s location, the course work. Everything that seems exciting and unique about the School or the state of the program….

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Komi11: 2:53pm On May 12, 2022
Pls add me 08089625686
specialbabe:
Pls add my number 07059467097

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cupcakes11: 3:00pm On May 12, 2022
Abraham001:
Please guys is there a group chat for people going to North Carolina A&T state University? Please DM me if there is any

Hello.... Pls have you gotten your visa yet?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Komi11: 3:01pm On May 12, 2022
I am let's link up pls
CuriousityR:
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone also attending the University of Texas at Austin in Fall 2022? Let's link up.

I got the contact of a Nigerian studying there, but he was so rude lol.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cupcakes11: 3:07pm On May 12, 2022
de3lar:
So I had my interview yesterday at the Lagos Embassy, find within my transcript, so I can be well prepared for the next time I go, probably Abuja next time. Visa officer was a White lady probably in her middle thirties, she was actually nice and jovial until someone stressed her for like 30mins on a visitation visa.

VO: Good morning, pass me your passport please.

Me: Morning ma'am, here's my passport.

VO: Can I have your i20?

Me: Yes, have it.

VO: You're going to where?

Me: Wilkes University, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania to have a bachelor's in Civil Engineering.

VO: Why the US?

Me: Having just completed my HND in Urban and Regional planning, getting a degree in Civil Engineering, an environmental related course to my HND will make me well qualified and skilled to take over my pman's firm bla bla company.

VO: How did you know about this university?

Me: I got to know it through my pman as he made consultations through his associates to choose the best option for me to have a degree in Civil Engineering and that's his goal so I'll be well versed to take over his company when am done with my studies.

VO: Who's going to sponsor you?

Me: Definitely my Dad, he owns Bla bla company a firm that deals in bla bla bla

VO: Can I have his bank statement?

Me: Here you have it.

VO: I can see Polytechnic on your profile? And returns the Statement.

Me: Yes, like I said, I just completed my HND in URP few weeks ago.

VO: Boom, blue slip, bla bla bla.

I just comot there fast fast.

Meanwhile, I went there with all supporting documents from CAC certificate to EFCC certification, a pension documents stating the retirement wages of his employees, a signed and stamped letter from my dad stating he'll be supporting me and one from my mum too, my last tuition fee payment from my school and some of my school documents, school ID cards and dad's bank statement as well.

Since you just completed HND, you might want to try going for masters.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by omitusaf(m): 3:17pm On May 12, 2022
NigPatriot:

You don't have an issue, just as you have put it up here you can relay the same information - mention something unique about this program that your previous masters didn't have. (even if there's nothing unique, at the interview sell it differently).
But I have an issue with the bolded above, always try to mention names of schools - especially when you're needing the help of others (one good turn deserves another)

Thanks for your input �. The school's name is University of Oklahoma.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JapaProfessor: 3:40pm On May 12, 2022
Ensure you do not plagiarize when writing your statement of purpose. Trust me, it will be detected.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Miraculousviva(m): 4:23pm On May 12, 2022
P

(1) (2) (3) ... (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.