Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,300 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (906) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1649709 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 12, 2022
Please how does the sevis fee receipt look like? I got a mail that my sevis fee has been confirmed. How do I get the receipt?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by VivaceET: 5:27pm On May 12, 2022
Anyone going to East Carolina University Fall 2022?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dishydens(f): 6:27pm On May 12, 2022
Good day everyone please the school I’m applying to requested I provide financial documents that show readily available funds to cover estimated expense with funds in US dollars.

Does this mean the bank to give a statement of account in the equivalent of dollar or the account must be a dollar account? Cause my sponsor is saying he doesn’t own a dollar account. Please someone clarify
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Timeseal: 6:48pm On May 12, 2022
Please is there anybody here who got admission to MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY this fall??
please do send me a mail.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 6:56pm On May 12, 2022
dishydens:

Does this mean the bank to give a statement of account in the equivalent of dollar or the account must be a dollar account? Cause my sponsor is saying he doesn’t own a dollar account. Please someone clarify
Use his Naira account.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CuriousityR: 6:58pm On May 12, 2022
I'll text you on WhatsApp
Komi11:
I am let's link up pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by drjustice17: 7:07pm On May 12, 2022
Bank account statement showing Naira Equivalent of the amount. Not dollar account.

dishydens:
Good day everyone please the school I’m applying to requested I provide financial documents that show readily available funds to cover estimated expense with funds in US dollars.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by itsamara: 7:09pm On May 12, 2022

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jaylo79: 7:33pm On May 12, 2022
itsamara:
Good day everyone. Please I would like you all to help me review this transcript and also indicate questions that could be asked that I missed. I would like to know if it is convincing enough or if I still have to work on it.
Thank You

If they are not your immediate relatives then don’t mention them
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Timeseal: 7:34pm On May 12, 2022
Awubfjrnndk:
Please how does the sevis fee receipt look like? I got a mail that my sevis fee has been confirmed. How do I get the receipt?
how did you pay it please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by itsamara: 7:56pm On May 12, 2022
Jaylo79:

If they are not your immediate relatives then don’t mention them

So I should tell them I don’t?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Timeseal: 7:59pm On May 12, 2022
specialbabe:
[Pls add 07059467097quote author=USembassyAbuja post=112623211]If you want to join the WhatsApp group for Abuja dates search. Kindly reply this post with your phone number.

PS. I'm not a staff of US embassy. Just a prospective student like you all seeking for interview date
Please add me 07035811295.

Also, is there anybody going to Missouri State this fall?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Timeseal: 8:05pm On May 12, 2022
Munaxara:

Yes yes I am
Hey Muna!

How is Missouri State??
Please, I got some questions I need to as you, as I will be joining you later in fall at Missouri
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Timeseal: 8:09pm On May 12, 2022
Hey, Rhonah.
I believe you are enjoying Missouri State.
Please, I have some questions i would like to ask.
Rhonah:
Is there anyone going to Missouri state university this fall?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 12, 2022
Timeseal:

how did you pay it please
Paid through money order
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JesusIsAMuslim: 9:12pm On May 12, 2022
Hello everyone!

To Mpower loan beneficiaries, please I have a question. I got good news message from Mpower saying my support letter is available, but I'm yet to receive that. I have so far submitted my financial statement and financial forms to the school waiting for my I-20, but my school keeps rejecting the financial statement. When I carefully read, I realized that I will need the support letter to get the I-20. How long do you think it takes Mpower to issue the support letter? They keep asking me if I have my I-20 already but they have not done everything on their part. Should I be worried or it takes a little bit to receive the support letter? I think it carries the amount I will be supported with right? Please do help answer this if you have any experience with them. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chukspredos: 9:35pm On May 12, 2022
Transcript
1st Attempt
Abuja 13-04-2022
COA: $44,700
Funding: $10,000
Deficit: 34,700

VO: Have you left Nigeria before?
ME: No I've not. The reason being that we work so hard in our law firm throughout the year. During holidays we do probono prison visits to assist some indigent prisoners to be able to be with their families.

*VO directs me to do Biometrics

VO: I can see you're going to Washburn University. Why this school?

ME: I chose the school because they offer me a flexible curriculum to be able to choose courses that are best suited for my aspirations. The Global Legal Studies is an umbrella name for LLM covering international students in the school. I'd be specializing in Corporate and Commercial Law.

VO: I can see you have some scholarship from the University. Who is paying the rest?

ME: My elder brother of full blood would be paying. He sponsored my Law school after our father's death.

VO: *cuts in*. what does he do?
ME: He's a Doctor in the UK. I also have some money of my own (as seen on my i20) which I will be taking with me as a buffer.

VO: What do you do?
ME: I am a legal practitioner at ***** in Nigeria. We are fully into litigation and at the office I settle briefs and represent clients in both criminal and civil courts.

VO: everything checks out

*Hands me the white paper* Though it's like a few days to the 120 days (124th day) to your resumption, I'd be keeping your passport rather than giving you the yellow one and you taking the stress of having to mail it back to us.

ME: Thank you Sir.

*Leaves the embassy*

My passport was recieved 2 weeks later. so anyone going before the 120 days resumption should expect some delays in the reciept of their passport.

Thanks to God for his kindness and grace
All these happened in less than 2 minutes.

I didn't believe I'd get the visa after having no travel history and that being the first question. I dropped my file on the side of the slab and didn't even look at it. No documents were requested.

Tips
1. Fill your DS160 yourself, be as detailed as possible
2. Your story has to make sense to you first.
3. Watch you-tube videos from ARGO VISA, this really helped a lot.
4. You will be nervous and it would be understandable.
5. You will see how ready you are when you start watching others in the interview room.
6. If you have no travel history, try and give a reason (if you have one). A simple 'No' without more may have resulted in a different reality for me that day
7. Lastly, PRAY for GRACE. that was my only prayer point.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Alemanio: 9:45pm On May 12, 2022
Please i will love to be added to interview date search whatsapp group please

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adextems: 10:14pm On May 12, 2022
Chukspredos:
Transcript
1st Attempt
Abuja 13-04-2022
COA: $44,700
Funding: $10,000
Deficit: 34,700

VO: Have you left Nigeria before?
ME: No I've not. The reason being that we work so hard in our law firm throughout the year. During holidays we do probono prison visits to assist some indigent prisoners to be able to be with their families.

*VO directs me to do Biometrics

VO: I can see you're going to Washburn University. Why this school?

ME: I chose the school because they offer me a flexible curriculum to be able to choose courses that are best suited for my aspirations. The Global Legal Studies is an umbrella name for LLM covering international students in the school. I'd be specializing in Corporate and Commercial Law.

VO: I can see you have some scholarship from the University. Who is paying the rest?

ME: My elder brother of full blood would be paying. He sponsored my Law school after our father's death.

VO: *cuts in*. what does he do?
ME: He's a Doctor in the UK. I also have some money of my own (as seen on my i20) which I will be taking with me as a buffer.

VO: What do you do?
ME: I am a legal practitioner at ***** in Nigeria. We are fully into litigation and at the office I settle briefs and represent clients in both criminal and civil courts.

VO: everything checks out

*Hands me the white paper* Though it's like a few days to the 120 days (124th day) to your resumption, I'd be keeping your passport rather than giving you the yellow one and you taking the stress of having to mail it back to us.

ME: Thank you Sir.

*Leaves the embassy*

My passport was recieved 2 weeks later. so anyone going before the 120 days resumption should expect some delays in the reciept of their passport.

Thanks to God for his kindness and grace
All these happened in less than 2 minutes.

I didn't believe I'd get the visa after having no travel history and that being the first question. I dropped my file on the side of the slab and didn't even look at it. No documents were requested.

Tips
1. Fill your DS160 yourself, be as detailed as possible
2. Your story has to make sense to you first.
3. Watch you-tube videos from ARGO VISA, this really helped a lot.
4. You will be nervous and it would be understandable.
5. You will see how ready you are when you start watching others in the interview room.
6. If you have no travel history, try and give a reason (if you have one). A simple 'No' without more may have resulted in a different reality for me that day
7. Lastly, PRAY for GRACE. that was my only prayer point.

Congratulations.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bambarino: 10:15pm On May 12, 2022
h
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Deksy: 10:21pm On May 12, 2022
I already applied for my F1 visa but stated that i would be travelling alone. Due to some circumstances, i have decided to go with my children and apply for an F2 visa for them. How can i modify my visa interview date so that we can go for the visa interview together? Is it okay if i fill a new DS 160 form to reflect that i would be travelling with them as dependents?
N.B. The 2 children are minors, under 14.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OlaDchaser: 10:24pm On May 12, 2022
midupe:
Hello dear....I sent you an Email but yet to hear from you...Would like to join the whatsapp group cos I will be resuming this Fall at Saint Louis University...I await your response pls

How can I join the WhatsApp group
Thank you
‪+234 814 722 6213‬
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Timeseal: 11:19pm On May 12, 2022
Awubfjrnndk:

Paid through money order
Please, can you explain that better??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 11:32pm On May 12, 2022
Buchi1539:

I thought it is stated that EA should be done 60days to school resumption

"Advised" not "Done" so if you can't even travel until 30 days to resumption why bother about applying for EA 60 or 50 days to resumption?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Timeseal: 11:44pm On May 12, 2022
midupe:
Hello Dear...I will be attending Saint Louis University for Fall...Finding it difficult to send you an Email...Need to join the whatsapp group pls.

Saint louis University
Univeristy of Missouri
Washington Univeristy, St Louis
Missouri S&T
University of Central Missouri
South East Missouri State University

Any other schools in Missouri in Fall 2022

Kindly send a mail to join our WhatsApp group and meet your fellow students.

Cheers!

Please, I would love to join the what'sapp group.

Will be attending Missouri State University by Fall 22
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Planner99: 11:54pm On May 12, 2022
Yes it is possible. However, your case will be under a lot of scrutiny especially if you try to change less than I think 90 days.
Read online about "adjustment of status in the US" and possible risks involved.

ocpaschal:
I know that it isn't easy getting a work visa. But what I'm asking is that "is it legal or lawful to switch your visitor visa to work visa after entering the USA with a visitor visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Planner99: 12:09am On May 13, 2022
I saw that someone said the school will just write "family funds" regardless of who it is. This information varies please!
It's either they've remodelled the i20 or it depends on the school.
I've seen an I20 where they wrote the full name of the sponsor and your relationship to the person boldly, so please, be sure what you want to do.

Evaowokotomo:
Dear all,

Please my school is asking me to upload proof of account with 30, 000 dollars before they issue me i20. Can I upload a friends account now to obtain the i20 and when it is time for visa interview and then use my family account. I can’t use my family account now because the money in it is not yet complete. It will be complete in 2 months.

Please I need answers.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Patricel: 2:25am On May 13, 2022
Good day,

Please I need clarification as regards my booking for F1/F2 visa appointment. Here is my case,

Sometimes in 2020 I was supposed to go for a business meeting in the US. I have been booked for B1/B2 visa interview in April 2020 but COVID 19 made US Embassy in Lagos canceled all appointments and hence my travel purpose was forfeited. But sometimes, in November 2021 thinking i could make use of the for a tourist visa application as it still valid and I booked an appointment with the confirmation number used in 2020 but the appointment date is still not in sight and I had to cancel it... making it twice on the MRV payment reference that visa appointment has been canceled.

Fast forward to this year when I recently paid for F1/F2 visa feee for myself and wife and Submitting the DS160 to book an appointment and I found that my profile on cgi is still linked with the MRV a payment reference of February 2020 while I am only being asked to just input that of my wife. Well, I would have continue with but I am afraid that they may not allow me to make use of emergency date on it after my cgi profile showing canceled appointments on B1/B2. And my program start date is 12th of August. Please I need all your comments on this. Thanks

UmmZayd:

"Advised" not "Done" so if you can't even travel until 30 days to resumption why bother about applying for EA 60 or 50 days to resumption?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Siimii(f): 3:52am On May 13, 2022
Timeseal:

I will also be attending south east Missouri university this fall. Please I would love to join the WhatsApp group

[quot
Timeseal:

e author=Agotfred post=112698101]

Good day, I will be commensing my program at Southeast Missouri State University by fall and I'll need to join the whatsapp group for updates. Kindly acknowledge this mail so I can forward my contact. Thanks[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bayubose: 7:40am On May 13, 2022
Good to you sir/ma, my name is Bayo, I graduated from department of sociology with the cgpa of 4.53 at the Bowen university, I'm want to pursue my master degree program in sociology and I have been doing my research on the schools that offers the program but still haven't got any, please, i need your recommendation on the school that offers scholarships.. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ThisGuy2020: 7:43am On May 13, 2022
This is quite a good transcript, if I do say so.
An addition.

You'll have to properly demonstrate that your mum is very financially buoyant since you want to go to medical school after your undergrad, cos medical school in the US is mad expensive. And you'll also have concrete plan's for when you're done with medical school in order to justify the huge investment.

But all in all, you're a traditional student, so hopefully, you won't have too much problems.

Cheers.

itsamara:
Good day everyone. Please I would like you all to help me review this transcript and also indicate questions that could be asked that I missed. I would like to know if it is convincing enough or if I still have to work on it.
Thank You

My Situation: I am an undergraduate student who graduated last year and also a minor. I have also been denied a b1/b2 visa 2/3 times I think in 2018/2019. I also have 3 relatives there in the Us but they are not my immediate family.

Vo: Good morning please could you pass me your I-20 and passport
Me: Good morning. Here you go (Passes the documents)
Vo: I can see you have been denied a visa before, what was the reason
Me: Yes. I believe I was not able to convince the consular officer enough and I was also very young then
Vo: Okay so what are your travel plans.
Me: I plan on going to the US for my bachelor's degree in Biology at Southeastern Louisiana University in Hammond Louisiana to pursue a career in medicine. I chose Southeastern Louisianna university because it will provide me with important field-based learning opportunities, research programs, and internship opportunities which I believe would help me develop adequate skills and knowledge and also build my extracurricular profile for medical school.
Vo: Why the US?
Me: The US has a good educational system, various learning opportunities, and expert faculty where I could develop adequate knowledge and skills I would use to improve the healthcare system of my country. I would also love to experience the cultural diversity as I would be able to interact with people from different parts of the world
Vo: Why did you choose this course
Me: I have always had a strong passion for medicine since I was a child and also enjoyed biology as a subject back in high school so I decided to major in biology since it is something I have an interest in and would also help me complete my prerequisites for medical school
Vo: okay that’s nice, So uhm…when did you graduate high school?
Me: I graduated last year October. The 2021 SSCE/WAEC was delayed so I ended up applying for fall 2022 instead and I had not taken my SAT and TOEFL exams which I took in December 2021 and February 2022. I have waec certificate and score reports here with me if you would like to take a look
Vo: So tell me what have you been doing since then
Me: I took preparoty classes for SAT and TOEFL exams after which I decided to learn some skills so I started makeup and hairdressing lessons for 2 months each.
Vo: Have you ever travelled out of the country?
Me: Yes i have once to the united states in August 2016. I went for a visit
Vo: And you did not overstay your visit?
Me: No I did not
Vo: Do you have any relatives in the US
Me: Yes I do have 3 relatives who all stay in xxxx
Vo: Okay I see. Who is your sponsor?
Me: Although I have a partial scholarship, my mom here would be paying the deficit. She works as a xxxxx where she earns an annual income of Bleep and also owns an apartment building in Bleep which is rented out to get another amount of income. The apartment building is worth Bleep. She has been working in Bleep for over 15 years now. I have her bank statement if you would like to view it
Vo: So what do you plan to do after you return
Me: Upon completion of medical school I plan on taking up a job in either a public or private hospital and apply the skills and knowledge I gained to improve the healthcare system of my country. I also hope to build my own hospital one day to make create services for my people

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OlaDchaser: 7:58am On May 13, 2022
Good day everyone,
I would like to know, is there any WhatsApp group on nairaland that guides someone to apply for f1 visa, this is my first time applying and I want to apply myself , is there any WhatsApp group for that? I do not want to make any mistake while applying for f1 visa.
‪+234 814 722 6213‬

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.