Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (940) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647684 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by krcboy(m): 4:55am On May 27, 2022
Ianhenry2020:
Please am new here,I what to know which school in Canada that have cheap tuition fee for Masters and dose not required IELTS and TOEFL
wrong thread, go check on the canada thread, it will contain everything you need to know abt canada
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 5:16am On May 27, 2022
nickishire:
I went for my interview last week and i was delayed.

My course is Curriculum and Instruction in BGSU and there was no funding. I was interviewed by the Korean VO in Abuja.

The challenge i have presently is i intend to go back but now I have a 25% scholarship from another school (University of Pittsburgh) and a different course (Social Work).

Now my question i hope it’s not a red flag to change course and can my sevis fee be transferred to another school?

Cc: fairheart
Ummzayd
Moshkom

What's the connection between Curriculum&Instruction and Social work. What questions where you asked and what were your response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 5:19am On May 27, 2022
Profshow:
Pls, I need an advice.
I used my uncle's (POF) based in US as sponsor to process my I20. When filling Ds160 form, can I change it to my Dad or use both. To boost my home ties.

Is your uncle's name on your I-20 as sponsor? If not, home tie is a plus.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olatundewilson: 6:19am On May 27, 2022
VISA APPROVED
First attempt
Date: Thursday 26th May 2022
Appointment time: 9am
Interview duration: About 3 mins
Program: MBA, Business administration and management
School: University of new haven, Boston Connecticut.

***Window 10 Bald white American
He looked me through the glass and beaconed on me to come. � He had just dished out the green paper to the lady before me.

Me… Good afternoon sir
VO: Hello, May I have your passport and i20?
Me.. Right here sir.
VO: place your hands for biometric

VO: Why are you going to this university?
Me: The university of new haven has a central focus on entrepreneurship, it offers every student the chance to choose one out of seven available concentration courses, four of these concentration courses are STEM certified by the federal government to instill technical expertise in every student, which employers are looking for in the labor market today.
VO: I can see you work with a farm or something..
Me: Yes. I work with PMICH farms Nigeria limited, we are premium suppliers of high quality agriculture products across Nigeria but the company will be extending supplies across Africa and I see this as an opportunity for me to acquire more knowledge in my field to land a managerial position in my work place.
VO: Oh! You will be coming back to work in this company?
Me: Yes sir. The company has given me a leave without pay for the duration of my studies stating that I will return to take a managerial position as soon as I’m done with my degree. I have a letter to that effect here with me. Will you like to see?
VO: oh no it’s okay. Who is sponsoring your studies ?
Me: My father
VO: And what does he do?
Me: He imports high tech media equipments for private media companies and also buys and sells landed properties and he’s also a politician.
VO: …types for some seconds, everything looks good. (Handed me the white paper)
And I honestly didn’t hear anything he said after that…
Me… Have a good day sir�

Honestly…. It can only be GOD’S GRACE. BE PRAYERFUL�� AND PLEASE BE WELL PREPARED.

Maximum thanks to everyone posting their transcripts here and for all the guidance. GOD BLESS ��

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by crystalsaint(f): 6:38am On May 27, 2022
Stevenssen:

It can usually take anywhere from a month to 5 months.
It depends on the school, department etc
okay..thanks so much,I really appreciate your response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hayesconcept(m): 6:41am On May 27, 2022
Congratulations
Olatundewilson:
VISA APPROVED
First attempt

He looked me through the glass and beaconed on me to come. � He had just dished out the green paper to the lady before me.

Me… Good afternoon sir
Me.. Right here sir.

Me: The university of new haven has a central focus on entrepreneurship, it offers every student the chance to choose one out of seven available concentration courses, four of these concentration courses are STEM certified by the federal government to instill technical expertise in every student, which employers are looking for in the labor market today.
Me: Yes. I work with PMICH farms Nigeria limited, we are premium suppliers of high quality agriculture products across Nigeria but the company will be extending supplies across Africa and I see this as an opportunity for me to acquire more knowledge in my field to land a managerial position in my work place.
Me: Yes sir. The company has given me a leave without pay for the duration of my studies stating that I will return to take a managerial position as soon as I’m done with my degree. I have a letter to that effect here with me. Will you like to see?
Me: He imports high tech media equipments for private media companies and also buys and sells landed properties and he’s also a politician.
Me… Have a good day sir�

Honestly…. It can only be GOD’S GRACE. BE PRAYERFUL�� AND PLEASE BE WELL PREPARED.

Maximum thanks to everyone posting their transcripts here and for all the guidance. GOD BLESS ��

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chukspredos: 7:04am On May 27, 2022
destiboy:
My school is at Greensboro, North Carolina but I'll be going to Charlotte at North Carolina with layover JFK. Will it be an issue with POE at JFK? I'll be stopping by a friend at Charlotte who will then drive me to Greensboro.

Pleas try and at least land in the airport of the City of your school. You can take your detours when you have landed in your school. It's a red flag that you're not stopping at your school first. Your destination should be your school. They may send you back at the POE if stop elsewhere Without at least getting to the airport of your school

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chukspredos: 7:09am On May 27, 2022
MzWendy:
Good afternoon fam, my eldest brother is my sole sponsor. Apart from bank statement, is there any other thing he needs to present as proof of funds?

Proof of earnings/ pay slips if he's under employment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Daddydee56: 7:29am On May 27, 2022
Olatundewilson:
VISA APPROVED
First attempt

Me… Good afternoon sir
Me.. Right here sir.

Me… Have a good day sir�

Congratulations.
Please I have not been seeing transcript for undergraduate students.
Does it mean its only postgraduate students we have on this platform?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jummie14: 7:37am On May 27, 2022
School: Western Illinois University, MS QE
Funding:4K
Deficit: 18k
Embassy: AbujA, window 8

VO: Hellooo
Me: Good morning and how are you?
VO: very well

VO: you are going to study econometrics?
Me: And quantitative economics

VO: What do you do?
Me: I work as a senior sales analyst at …… where I manage sales processes, implement exceptional sales strategies and initiatives and build insightful dashboard for the management.

Vo: when did you start this job?
Me: 2018

Checks systems

VO: why masters degree now?
Me: Because now is the right time (I was blank) I have had a moderate work experience and now is the time (in my mind I don Bleep up o)

Vo: what will this degree do for you?
Me: Getting this MS and d expertise that comes with it will give me an edge professional when I return. I will be able to support my mothers business by scaling it to other African countries

VO cuts in: You work for your mom
Me: No I work at …….. Buh I will be supporting her with the expertise gained, also I will be able to apply for more competitive roles when I return, I have made contacts and friends at my current place of work and other companies in the manufacturing industries. I am confident of the numerous opportunities this degree would bring me when I return and in the long run I will be kick starting a career in consultation helping small and large scale industries
(VO wasn’t looking at me Buh I kept on talking till I was done)

Vo; Have you travelled before?
Me: Yes to Benin republic on an excursion in 2015

VO: Do you have relatives in the US?
Me: No

VO: Your application looks good
Me: Nodding, yes it does

I have approved you, take this and
enjoy your stay.
VO: Bye bye (in a very friendly tune)

Before the interview, I was praying I do not want the most talked about K.guy. Well when it was my turn I was signaled to and went. Twas after the interview someone said wow you interviewed with the K.guy. I was like was that him?���, seriously �
My interview was stressless, God showed up big time.
Thank you all.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by aduz: 7:56am On May 27, 2022
Oke8d:
Good afternoon here who is going to central Michigan university for fall 2022.thank you

Hi oke8d I'm also going to CMU for fall 2022. Let's connect, kindly mail me on assesmentexpert@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by aduz: 7:59am On May 27, 2022
Jummie14:

Me: I work as a senior sales analyst at …… where I manage sales processes, implement exceptional sales strategies and initiatives and build insightful dashboard for the management.

Checks systems

Me: Because now is the right time (I was blank) I have had a moderate work experience and now is the time (in my mind I don Bleep up o)

Me: Getting this MS and d expertise that comes with it will give me an edge professional when I return. I will be able to support my mothers business by scaling it to other African countries

Me: No I work at …….. Buh I will be supporting her with the expertise gained, also I will be able to apply for more competitive roles when I return, I have made contacts and friends at my current place of work and other companies in the manufacturing industries. I am confident of the numerous opportunities this degree would bring me when I return and in the long run I will be kick starting a career in consultation helping small and large scale industries

enjoy your stay.

Before the interview, I was praying I do not want the most talked about K.guy. Well when it was my turn I was signaled to and went. Twas after the interview someone said wow you interviewed with the K.guy. I was like was that him?���, seriously �
Thank you all.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by aduz: 8:04am On May 27, 2022
Abraham001:
DM me for Central Michigan University

Hi I couldn't send a dm
Please send me on our whatapp no assesmentexpert@gmail.com so we get to connect
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:18am On May 27, 2022
Good morning

Does the COA presented during interviews include living expenses and transportation?
Or it's just tuition and fees
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Brainner(m): 9:18am On May 27, 2022
Please anybody going to Texas A&M University at Galveston this summer, or anyone that can assist me arriving at Houston. I'll so appreciate any form of assistance pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OmotoyosiTee: 9:53am On May 27, 2022
Balina:

Please bosses I need an answer to this,

@Jeffren224
@OmotoyosiTee

PLEASE your responses are needed. Thanks

You don’t have to create a new profile

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by GAPPLE: 10:03am On May 27, 2022
Visa Approved today May 27.
Abuja Embassy
F1 & F2.

We just had our registry 3 days ago.

It was sweet.

Please I'd try to get transcript from hubby to post later because he is the F1.

My dear UmmZayd, BunmiBie, I just want to say thank you to you duo specially. Thank you everyone. I am indeed grateful.

Make I calm down wella. I go come back come post transcript.

GAPPLE:

My fiance is in the US as a PhD student, he has left since two years plus ago for his MSc and just started PhD last year.

He is coming to Nigeria this year for our marriage and renewal of his F1 visa and to file for F2 visa for me.

11 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 360great(m): 10:10am On May 27, 2022
Congratulations ��

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 10:13am On May 27, 2022
GAPPLE:
Visa Approved today May 27.
Abuja Embassy
F1 & F2.

We just had our registry 3 days ago.

It was sweet.

Please I'd try to get transcript from hubby to post later because he is the F1.

My dear UmmZayd, BunmiBie, I just want to say thank you to you duo specially. Thank you everyone. I am indeed grateful.

Make I calm down wella. I go come back come post transcript.

Lol I woke up to 8 visa approvals today alone. I'm extremely happy!!!!
Congratulations!!!!! So happy!!!

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Abraham001: 10:14am On May 27, 2022
There is a group chat for people going to CMU
aduz:

Hi oke8d I'm also going to CMU for fall 2022. Let's connect, kindly mail me on assesmentexpert@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Abraham001: 10:20am On May 27, 2022
Please do we need to fill a new DS 16O if we want to re-apply for a visa in the same location I previously applied to?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Muhammedoyiza: 10:39am On May 27, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Muhammedoyiza: 10:40am On May 27, 2022
@walspring @abraham001 and others , pls any explanation will be helpful
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Balina: 10:44am On May 27, 2022
OmotoyosiTee:

You don’t have to create a new profile

Thanks for your timely reply
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Daddydee56: 10:59am On May 27, 2022
Muhammedoyiza:
@walspring @abraham001 and others , pls any explanation will be helpful

@walspring @abraham001
Please is going for a second Bsc a red flag?
I already have a Bsc but I'm going for another Bsc because of a new career path I'm just pursuing . And I need the degree in my workplace
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmeakaChisom: 11:28am On May 27, 2022
Please any hope on Lagos date !!! Please , my program starts july or can I try Abuja with the ds160 filled choosing Lagos?even the Abuja date Dey? Make una help oh . Abey
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KennyBI: 11:46am On May 27, 2022
Jummie14:

Checks systems

enjoy your stay.

Thank you all.

Congratulations!!!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Christalt(m): 11:49am On May 27, 2022
Good day house. Pls I wanna make some important enquiries.
My start date is in august and I’m expecting my I-20 by next week.
So next step is to fill out my d160 form and get a date.
Firstly, is it ok if I fill myself as my sponsor, because I’m actually sponsoring myself for the entire duration of the program. And yes..... I have the capacity. Just wanna be sure it won’t be a red flag.

Also, I have siblings who’ve been in the us for over 20 years. They’re citizens but we do not have a relationship at all, we barely even talk. We’re from different mothers but our names are the same. How do I answer the d160 question of “do you have siblings in the us” and the follow up question? Cos yes we are siblings but they don’t even know I’m coming to the us. Even when I visited last year, they weren’t aware. I’m just trying to avoid any form of suspicion. Do I still acknowledge them in my form?

Thirdly, I’m a lawyer (10 years now). I did a diploma in Global leadership with a Canadian university. Now , I wanna do a masters in Leadership studies in the us. I’m hoping there won’t be a problem as per its connection to law? They’re basically all social sciences so I don’t see an issue but still, I wanna be 100 percent sure.

Id be so thankful if I’m given due insights of these questions pls. Thanks a lot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by karypops(f): 11:58am On May 27, 2022
Meetch:

Please add me to the group

Pls add me +12406676472
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hellennah: 12:02pm On May 27, 2022
Anyone going to UIS?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by babauzez(m): 12:14pm On May 27, 2022
[quote author=Jummie14 post=112450732][/quote]
Hello Jummie, I applied to WIU too, I just concluded my financial documentation with the school last week Friday. How long did it take for them to process your i-20?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dreaonit: 12:19pm On May 27, 2022
Has anyone with M1 visa application applied recently in Abuja. How was the interview? What are the chances?

(1) (2) (3) ... (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.