Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (941) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645385 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Muhammedoyiza: 12:21pm On May 27, 2022
[
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Richardtoba: 12:26pm On May 27, 2022
Hi guys,

Please, I have a question about sponsorship.

Will the school or embassy contact my sponsor?

Also, I have two options for my sponsor.

1. My aunty own an engineering company and she is ready to stand as my sponsor.

2. My father is the cordinator of a world bank/ government project and can write a sponsor letter for me stating that the project will sponsor me.

Which options do you think is the best?

Also, will the embassy or school contact the sponsors?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 12:30pm On May 27, 2022
Daddydee56:

@walspring @abraham001
Please is going for a second Bsc a red flag?
I already have a Bsc but I'm going for another Bsc because of a new career path I'm just pursuing . And I need the degree in my workplace

It depends on how you present your case during the interview on why the change in career.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 12:31pm On May 27, 2022
UmeakaChisom:
Please any hope on Lagos date !!! Please , my program starts july or can I try Abuja with the ds160 filled choosing Lagos?even the Abuja date Dey? Make una help oh . Abey
There were dates earlier. You just have to keep checking or change to Abuja if you can afford the stress
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 12:34pm On May 27, 2022
Richardtoba:
Hi guys,

Please, I have a question about sponsorship.

Will the school or embassy contact my sponsor?

Also, I have two options for my sponsor.

1. My aunty own an engineering company and she is ready to stand as my sponsor.

2. My father is the cordinator of a world bank/ government project and can write a sponsor letter for me stating that the project will sponsor me.

Which options do you think is the best?

Also, will the embassy or school contact the sponsors?

Using your dad is better if he can provide a statement that will covered your tuition if you're not funded or cover your deficit if you have any
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Planner99: 1:08pm On May 27, 2022
I have been trying to fill my DS 160 form but the session keeps timing out and the site keeps logging me out.

Who has experienced this before please? What can I do?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmeakaChisom: 1:16pm On May 27, 2022
UmmZayd:

There were dates earlier. You just have to keep checking or change to Abuja if you can afford the stress

Please earlier when ? Today ? I checked it is still showing 2023. What time did you see the dates please? For Lagos? Please how can one change to Abuja

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JesusIsAMuslim: 1:28pm On May 27, 2022
Planner99:
I have been trying to fill my DS 160 form but the session keeps timing out and the site keeps logging me out.

Be fast. Save as fast as possible. Change your network.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BunmiBie: 1:28pm On May 27, 2022
GAPPLE:
Visa Approved today May 27.
Abuja Embassy
F1 & F2.

We just had our registry 3 days ago.

It was sweet.

Please I'd try to get transcript from hubby to post later because he is the F1.

My dear UmmZayd, BunmiBie, I just want to say thank you to you duo specially. Thank you everyone. I am indeed grateful.

Make I calm down wella. I go come back come post transcript.

Congratulations ma'am
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Beewormaboh: 1:36pm On May 27, 2022
hollayemi11:
Same here 09063457025
hello, please I just got my 1-20 form, I don’t know the next step to take, it’s from western Illinois university “anybody for the fall 2022 season?”. I need help on how to go about the process and please kindly add me to the Abuja WhatsApp group. 08076105388
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by photoberi: 1:41pm On May 27, 2022
Hello,

My visa got denied at the Lagos embassy and I am currently trying to reapply.

On the CGI Portal, it says "Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate". This feels strange because I have my passport with me since I was denied. Has anyone whose visa was previously denied experienced this before?

Also, on the CGI Portal, I was thinking I would find "re-apply" since my visa was denied. Is my thought process correct?

I will appreciate your answers.

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by shekhaz(f): 1:50pm On May 27, 2022
Insha Allah I will have this testimonyto share really soon
UmmZayd:

Lol I woke up to 8 visa approvals today alone. I'm extremely happy!!!!
Congratulations!!!!! So happy!!!

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by shekhaz(f): 1:52pm On May 27, 2022
Congratulations
Olatundewilson:
VISA APPROVED
First attempt
Date: Thursday 26th May 2022
Appointment time: 9am
Interview duration: About 3 mins
Program: MBA, Business administration and management
School: University of new haven, Boston Connecticut.

***Window 10 Bald white American
He looked me through the glass and beaconed on me to come. � He had just dished out the green paper to the lady before me.

Me… Good afternoon sir
VO: Hello, May I have your passport and i20?
Me.. Right here sir.
VO: place your hands for biometric

VO: Why are you going to this university?
Me: The university of new haven has a central focus on entrepreneurship, it offers every student the chance to choose one out of seven available concentration courses, four of these concentration courses are STEM certified by the federal government to instill technical expertise in every student, which employers are looking for in the labor market today.
VO: I can see you work with a farm or something..
Me: Yes. I work with PMICH farms Nigeria limited, we are premium suppliers of high quality agriculture products across Nigeria but the company will be extending supplies across Africa and I see this as an opportunity for me to acquire more knowledge in my field to land a managerial position in my work place.
VO: Oh! You will be coming back to work in this company?
Me: Yes sir. The company has given me a leave without pay for the duration of my studies stating that I will return to take a managerial position as soon as I’m done with my degree. I have a letter to that effect here with me. Will you like to see?
VO: oh no it’s okay. Who is sponsoring your studies ?
Me: My father
VO: And what does he do?
Me: He imports high tech media equipments for private media companies and also buys and sells landed properties and he’s also a politician.
VO: …types for some seconds, everything looks good. (Handed me the white paper)
And I honestly didn’t hear anything he said after that…
Me… Have a good day sir�

Honestly…. It can only be GOD’S GRACE. BE PRAYERFUL�� AND PLEASE BE WELL PREPARED.

Maximum thanks to everyone posting their transcripts here and for all the guidance. GOD BLESS ��

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jummie14: 2:14pm On May 27, 2022
babauzez:

Hello Jummie, I applied to WIU too, I just concluded my financial documentation with the school last week Friday. How long did it take for them to process your i-20?
13 days
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Elderbet02: 2:14pm On May 27, 2022
Kentos13:
congratulations, pls any funding
No just my sponsor’s
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Daniwex: 2:36pm On May 27, 2022
Abuja interviews seem to be great! that's encouraging
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Beewormaboh: 2:40pm On May 27, 2022
hello guys,
please I just got my 1-20 form, I don’t know the next step to take, it’s from western Illinois university “anybody for the fall 2022 season?”. I need help on how to go about the process and please kindly add me to the Abuja WhatsApp group. 08076105388
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Alexaan(f): 3:36pm On May 27, 2022
Hello, I'm new here and really appreciate you all for the information I've received here.

Well I have a few weird questions I'd like to clear my mind on, please help.

1-Do you pay for the fees before or after the visa interview (Like school fees)
2- Have they asked anyone about the payment before?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Johnsonnnn: 3:55pm On May 27, 2022
Please kindly add me to Abuja interview dates group on WhatsApp
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukeey123: 4:02pm On May 27, 2022
Please can someone add my number(08055550236) to the F1 Visa WhatsApp group for fall 2022.Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dolakinz(m): 5:21pm On May 27, 2022
UmmZayd:

Yes you can pay via the western Union option

Please can you run me through the process of paying through Western Union.. will it be at the central bank rate too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dolakinz(m): 5:22pm On May 27, 2022
Please can I be added to the Abuja WhatsApp page for US dates
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 6:06pm On May 27, 2022
yes but it does not show on your I20

UmmZayd:

After 40hrs, can overtime be added to CPT?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Samongo(m): 6:07pm On May 27, 2022
Congratulations
Olatundewilson:
VISA APPROVED
First attempt
Date: Thursday 26th May 2022
Appointment time: 9am
Interview duration: About 3 mins
Program: MBA, Business administration and management
School: University of new haven, Boston Connecticut.

***Window 10 Bald white American
He looked me through the glass and beaconed on me to come. � He had just dished out the green paper to the lady before me.

Me… Good afternoon sir
VO: Hello, May I have your passport and i20?
Me.. Right here sir.
VO: place your hands for biometric

VO: Why are you going to this university?
Me: The university of new haven has a central focus on entrepreneurship, it offers every student the chance to choose one out of seven available concentration courses, four of these concentration courses are STEM certified by the federal government to instill technical expertise in every student, which employers are looking for in the labor market today.
VO: I can see you work with a farm or something..
Me: Yes. I work with PMICH farms Nigeria limited, we are premium suppliers of high quality agriculture products across Nigeria but the company will be extending supplies across Africa and I see this as an opportunity for me to acquire more knowledge in my field to land a managerial position in my work place.
VO: Oh! You will be coming back to work in this company?
Me: Yes sir. The company has given me a leave without pay for the duration of my studies stating that I will return to take a managerial position as soon as I’m done with my degree. I have a letter to that effect here with me. Will you like to see?
VO: oh no it’s okay. Who is sponsoring your studies ?
Me: My father
VO: And what does he do?
Me: He imports high tech media equipments for private media companies and also buys and sells landed properties and he’s also a politician.
VO: …types for some seconds, everything looks good. (Handed me the white paper)
And I honestly didn’t hear anything he said after that…
Me… Have a good day sir�

Honestly…. It can only be GOD’S GRACE. BE PRAYERFUL�� AND PLEASE BE WELL PREPARED.

Maximum thanks to everyone posting their transcripts here and for all the guidance. GOD BLESS ��
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Meetch: 6:12pm On May 27, 2022
Please is it advisable to apply to another nearby country for visa since Lagos and Abuja dates are filled up
I got visa date next year April and I am supposed to resume this august
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Balina: 6:19pm On May 27, 2022
Hello experienced bosses,

Please what's the best advice for me as regards choosing btw ABJ and LAG, which has better rate of approval, I know this doesn't matter much, but yet I would still prefer to know.

Also, are there other factors btw d 2 locations that I should be aware of before deciding? My program starts by Aug 31st.

Your advice would be highly appreciated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Daniwex: 6:32pm On May 27, 2022
hey guys so i have a question, so i am currently unemployed but i am preparing for my visa, could that be a sign that i have nothing to come back to subsequently after my graduate program?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by timefarm(m): 7:19pm On May 27, 2022
Planner99:

Me too
Any solution?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by timefarm(m): 7:29pm On May 27, 2022
Hello everyone,

Do one need to have completely filled the ds 160 form and submit before paying for visa fee and applying for Visa?
Also is there any challenge with paying with GT bank App instead of bank?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JTemitope: 7:32pm On May 27, 2022
Hello everyone,
Today I applied for US expedite appointment, my program start date is August 2022, but while I was filling it, the document I uploaded was removed without me realizing until after submission i.e, no document was uploaded. I don't know If anyone has faced this before.

What do you think I should do, coz I can't apply for another expedite appointment. Do you think I should write a message to the Genera Consular to cancel my submitted expedite request?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by RS411(f): 7:51pm On May 27, 2022
Hi Everyone,
Please is there any school that accepts WAEC/NECO without evaluation or I must evaluate my result. I want to go for undergraduate studies?
Secondly, are there any schools admitting at the moment?
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Evicsholar(f): 7:58pm On May 27, 2022
GAPPLE:
Visa Approved today May 27.
Abuja Embassy
F1 & F2.

We just had our registry 3 days ago.

It was sweet.

Please I'd try to get transcript from hubby to post later because he is the F1.

My dear UmmZayd, BunmiBie, I just want to say thank you to you duo specially. Thank you everyone. I am indeed grateful.

Make I calm down wella. I go come back come post transcript.

Congratulations ma'am. I look forward to your transcript

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.