Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,338 members, 7,815,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642768 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by yinkaadesegha: 3:49pm On Mar 30, 2021
kindly add me too yinkaadeseghas@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by godguy: 4:16pm On Mar 30, 2021
obajoey:
BGSU.
which course?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 4:23pm On Mar 30, 2021
Finance.
godguy:

which course?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ktancing(m): 5:36pm On Mar 30, 2021
Please did you provide GRE/GMAT test score?

fdecisive:
Hello friends, I'm new here.
Got Fall admission and graduate assistantship, with a full tuition waiver, living expenses, housing and flight.
My Nigerian Uni seems to be delaying the sending of my transcript to the US, and of course without it, they will not release the I-20. US school intends to email the I-20 so I'm sure to get it with 48 hours of transcript getting there. I need that I-20 like yesterday...
I can already see interview dates in Lagos showing January 2022 (too late), and Abuja showing July, still too late. I don't want emergency.
Please anyone with useful info here should help a brother- connect, advice, etc. Still pressing exams and records to do the needful though. I feel like I should travel down there and gatecrash them till they send it. I want it to leave this week.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dayviheed91(m): 5:55pm On Mar 30, 2021
Good evening, please I'm having my appointment in May, I would love if I can have transcripts on how to prepare for the interview thanks. And also any Tennessee tech university in house, pls signify

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Legit215(m): 6:41pm On Mar 30, 2021
homodele:
Thank you for the information. Please I would like to why is it not an advisable school?
I mistook it for central state university in ohio, youngstown doesn't have a problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Victorino25: 6:49pm On Mar 30, 2021
can you pls add me to the WhatsApp group too my email is gozieart@hotmail.com

HollyMadison:

WhatsApp group chat link

https:///FOqbwaOqL9cLc94CzNi8Ug

Lol. NL is modifying the link. You might just have to send me a mail
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by edox15: 6:50pm On Mar 30, 2021
Victoriaog:
Pls can u add me to the group for mock interview, my appointment is few weeks from now. Here is my email Victoriaoguntime@gmail.com

Thank you!!
You can add me too. edox15@yahoo.ca
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HappyRabi: 6:52pm On Mar 30, 2021
edox15:

Add me too chimzyamor@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cocao(f): 6:56pm On Mar 30, 2021
fdecisive:
Hello friends, I'm new here.
Got Fall admission and graduate assistantship, with a full tuition waiver, living expenses, housing and flight.
My Nigerian Uni seems to be delaying the sending of my transcript to the US, and of course without it, they will not release the I-20. US school intends to email the I-20 so I'm sure to get it with 48 hours of transcript getting there. I need that I-20 like yesterday...
I can already see interview dates in Lagos showing January 2022 (too late), and Abuja showing July, still too late. I don't want emergency.
Please anyone with useful info here should help a brother- connect, advice, etc. Still pressing exams and records to do the needful though. I feel like I should travel down there and gatecrash them till they send it. I want it to leave this week.

Don't be thinking. Enter the next flight to your school and chase down that transcript. You would be amazed at the speed it will be processed if you are physically there.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cocao(f): 6:56pm On Mar 30, 2021
dayviheed91:
Good evening, please I'm having my appointment in May, I would love if I can have transcripts on how to prepare for the interview thanks. And also any Tennessee tech university in house, pls signify

Search back here, you will see plenty of transcripts you can emulate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BarristerAlarig: 7:04pm On Mar 30, 2021
Drhay:

Yes i shared my grade... I had lower credit(2.61)

You should try evaluating your result with WES. It mostly likely will get to 3.00/4.00.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dayviheed91(m): 7:09pm On Mar 30, 2021
edox15:

You can also add me too sir/ma. diwolah91@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Heyjessay: 7:41pm On Mar 30, 2021
I think I am the only one that doesn't have a reasonable visa appointment date for Fall 2021. Help my life please cry

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 30, 2021
Heyjessay:
I think I am the only one that doesn't have a reasonable visa appointment date for Fall 2021. Help my life please cry
omo nobody can help any one in this situation it’s just hope that the embassy opens more dates or you book emergency appointment when it’s 60 days to your program to get a closer date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Heyjessay: 7:47pm On Mar 30, 2021
Malone122:
omo nobody can help any one in this situation it’s just hope that the embassy opens more dates or you book emergency appointment when it’s 60 days to your program to get a closer date

Is it advisable to book the emergency appointment now, because I have a feeling that there would be too many people if I wait for that 60 days.

Because my school just sent my I-20 last week and I am sure other schools haven't sent theirs...

It's like I am the only one with this issue and I don't know the jazz you people used for this thing because I did all the necessary applications ASAP
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 7:52pm On Mar 30, 2021
obajoey:
I saw an opened graduate assistantship position, so I sent in my application (resume and just few lines of text in the body of the mail).
Then I got a response from the director of the unit where the position is opened asking for my intended course of study.
My intended course of study is among the eligible programs list.
Sharparly I sent it to her and she responded by acknowledging the receipt of the update.

Family, should I start dancing grin

I would advice you don't get carried away. Save the dancing for when it's official. For now, constantly follow up. And do it "kindly".

It will end in your favour.

I wish you well.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 7:53pm On Mar 30, 2021
Please any WhatsApp group for those going toTexas Tech University?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Abso1uteZero(m): 7:54pm On Mar 30, 2021
fairheart:
IF YOU NEED GRE MATERIALS, QUOTE AND DROP YOUR EMAIL UNDER THIS COMMENT.
kelvinjude07@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 30, 2021
Heyjessay:

Is it advisable to book the emergency appointment now, because I have a feeling that there would be too many people if I wait for that 60 days.

Because my school just sent my I-20 last week and I am sure other schools haven't sent theirs...

It's like I am the only one with this issue and I don't know the jazz you people used for this thing because I did all the necessary applications ASAP
you are definitely not the only one with this issue
I can’t see any date in Lagos shows me nothing but for a lot of people shows jan 2022
But in Abuja I’m seeing October 5th 2021

And there are some people that are not even seeing any dates at all
So are we plenty
Don’t book an emergency date if it’s not 60 days from your program start date they would reject it

I paid my visa fee since last month beginning and I haven’t seen date
Let’s hope dates pop up this new month
And by the way fall 2021 students are meant to be in the embassy from like April ending so there’s still time in a way

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 8:01pm On Mar 30, 2021
abdullahi45:

Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate it.

Yes. I have secured a funded position.

If asked; why are you not applying from your home country. I intend to relay; I got admitted for the doctoral position and needed to apply for the F-1 visa whilst still busy with my MSc program (here in South Africa).

I would also like to know if I have a fully-funded position, will I still be required to provide the vo with a statement of account (to prove additional sources of funding for travels and miscellaneous). If the answer is in the affirmative, how much on average is expected in the bank account and am I allowed to use my personal statement or it must be that of a parent (or guardian)?

Thanks again.

Your answer is tenable. Sounds convincing.

Congratulations on your funding, you can also contribute your quota by sharing with the house, how you got your funding - this might help someone.

If you have a fully funded position. It's not compulsory to go ahead with any statement of account, as long as the scholarship covers the entirety of tuition and expenses without deficit. Then you're good to go.

If you're to go with a statement of account - in a case where you have deficits. The amount there should be sufficient enough to meet any deficits. It's could be from your Uncle, parents or yourself. Always preferable to get statement of account from someone directly related to you, as this is more convincing on why they will be willing to pay so much for you. Take for instance you go with soa from your boss or a complete stranger, the logical question going on in the mind of the VO will be, why would a stranger want to invest so much on you. That already strikes an immigrant intent.

I wish you well

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by homodele: 8:02pm On Mar 30, 2021
Ok, thank you very much. Do you know anyone recently admitted to the school or that applied to the school? I need any information I can get regarding the school.
Legit215:

I mistook it for central state university in ohio, youngstown doesn't have a problem.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ononyenemezu: 8:49pm On Mar 30, 2021
Hello everyone,

I am currently finishing up my studies in Russia. I got accepted into a fully-funded program in the US starting August. I filled the DS-160 form indicating that I plan to have the interview here in Russia. However, when I enter my email and password on the Cgifederal website, it automatically redirects me to the US Embassy in Nigeria. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? How can I schedule my interview outside Nigeria?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Elnon: 9:11pm On Mar 30, 2021
Got your email...thank you
fairheart:

Your email address bounced back.
___

Student materials sent to all the email address in my mention.
All the best guys!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pebes: 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2021
please send me the link too jfissy@hotmail.com
Victorino25:
can you pls add me to the WhatsApp group too my email is gozieart@hotmail.com

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abdullahi45: 9:27pm On Mar 30, 2021
NigPatriot:

Your answer is tenable. Sounds convincing.

Congratulations on your funding, you can also contribute your quota by sharing with the house, how you got your funding - this might help someone.

If you have a fully funded position. It's not compulsory to go ahead with any statement of account, as long as the scholarship covers the entirety of tuition and expenses without deficit. Then you're good to go.

If you're to go with a statement of account - in a case where you have deficits. The amount there should be sufficient enough to meet any deficits. It's could be from your Uncle, parents or yourself. Always preferable to get statement of account from someone directly related to you, as this is more convincing on why they will be willing to pay so much for you. Take for instance you go with soa from your boss or a complete stranger, the logical question going on in the mind of the VO will be, why would a stranger want to invest so much on you. That already strikes an immigrant intent.

I wish you well

Again, thank you so much for your brilliant inputs.

I applied to the (doctoral) positions with the regular academic credentials (without GRE and TOEFL). But this time, I really worked painstakingly (and outsourced assistance, when necessary) on my CV and SOP. Instead of sending a generic CV and SOP as I did in the past, I decided to tailor them to each program specifications.

Yeah. The program is fully-funded. I was just concerned the vo might want me to demonstrate proof of funds for travel expenses and settling cost (prior to receiving my first stipend).

Additionally, if there is anyone interested in a PhD in Infectious Disease. Feel free to check out Infectious Disease Interdisplicinary Graduate Education Program at Virginia Tech (you might need to email the program before applying for Fall 2021). Also, the application window for PhD in Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences is still open at the same school (Deadline is 1st of April for Fall) while spring entry is also available.

Thanks again, Boss!

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by homodele: 9:36pm On Mar 30, 2021
Good evening house. Is anyone here familiar with Youngstown State University (YSU)?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lentomac: 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2021
FUTARIANS (FUTA GRADUATES)

Update on academic transcript fees!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iire(f): 9:54pm On Mar 30, 2021
The group for the mock interview please add me oh �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abdullahi45: 10:03pm On Mar 30, 2021
iire:
The group for the mock interview please add me oh �

I am also interested, biko.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 10:37pm On Mar 30, 2021
NigPatriot:

I would advice you don't get carried away. Save the dancing for when it's official. For now, constantly follow up. And do it "kindly".

It will end in your favour.

I wish you well.

Amen, thanks boss.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Heyjessay: 10:45pm On Mar 30, 2021
Malone122:
you are definitely not the only one with this issue
I can’t see any date in Lagos shows me nothing but for a lot of people shows jan 2022
But in Abuja I’m seeing October 5th 2021

And there are some people that are not even seeing any dates at all
So are we plenty
Don’t book an emergency date if it’s not 60 days from your program start date they would reject it

I paid my visa fee since last month beginning and I haven’t seen date
Let’s hope dates pop up this new month
And by the way fall 2021 students are meant to be in the embassy from like April ending so there’s still time in a way

Can we create a community/group just for our fellow people struggling with this same issue....at least, so we can notify ourselves on time.

Because, as soon as they open more slots...the next 30 minutes will be a matter of life and death.

What do you think?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.