Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644007 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by wonderiks: 11:06pm On Mar 30, 2021
House please I want to ask. Why is it that people prefer the us consulate Lagos than the embassy in Abuja for visa interviews?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by wonderiks: 11:12pm On Mar 30, 2021
I’m trying to fill my ds 160. I got admitted into California state uni Fresno for undergraduate studies in industrial technology. I’ve completed my ND and HND and done my 1 years service. My question is do I need to fill up
The form showing my hnd qualifications and Nysc service. This is to be able to defend the years in between my secondary school graduation and me applying for undergraduate studies in the us
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 30, 2021
Heyjessay:

Can we create a community/group just for our fellow people struggling with this same issue....at least, so we can notify ourselves on time.

Because, as soon as they open more slots...the next 30 minutes will be a matter of life and death.

What do you think?
I think this is a good idea let’s do it

Honestly if dates open up within 20 minutes it’s a war Battle

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ChinmaRoxy(f): 12:32am On Mar 31, 2021
godguy:

which course?
Yeah, that's my school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babyboy2020: 2:31am On Mar 31, 2021
How long does passport spend at the embassy after it has been approved. Asking for a friend
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hazardd(m): 2:46am On Mar 31, 2021
wonderiks:
I’m trying to fill my ds 160. I got admitted into California state uni Fresno for undergraduate studies in industrial technology. I’ve completed my ND and HND and done my 1 years service. My question is do I need to fill up
The form showing my hnd qualifications and Nysc service. This is to be able to defend the years in between my secondary school graduation and me applying for undergraduate studies in the us
bro can we talk on whatapp
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hazardd(m): 3:13am On Mar 31, 2021
Which school in usa should I apply with my hnd for master that come with scholarship.. pls I need reply
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:44am On Mar 31, 2021
ktancing:
Please did you provide GRE/GMAT test score?

No please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 6:50am On Mar 31, 2021
Thanks for your input bro.
fairheart:

Almost every University in the U.S will accept you with HND.
To be able to get into virtually all universities, evaluate your academic transcript with WES and ECE. This will give you access to every potential universities.

OND +HND is not inferior to a single BSC. You can apply to any school students with BSC can apply to.
All the best!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dayviheed91(m): 7:58am On Mar 31, 2021
quote author=wonderiks post=100348066]House please I want to ask. Why is it that people prefer the us consulate Lagos than the embassy in Abuja for visa interviews?[/quote] same here am curious o

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Istanbul8819: 8:41am On Mar 31, 2021
Pepperoni001:
yes they do...

Bros, how far?
Are you currently at EIU?

I eventually got a GA there.

Please reach out to me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lilly001(m): 8:47am On Mar 31, 2021
Hello everyone. Good morning.

I will get my I-20 on Friday. I want my interview in Abuja.
I have been monitoring dates in Abuja for some weeks now. I saw it move from June to August. Earliest date as at this morning is Aug 10th.

Is it possible for me to pick any available August date when I get my I-20 and reschedule to an earlier date like June/July (if more slots get opened up hopefully).?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 31, 2021
Lilly001:
Hello everyone. Good morning.

I will get my I-20 on Friday. I want my interview in Abuja.
I have been monitoring dates in Abuja for some weeks now. I saw it move from June to August. Earliest date as at this morning is Aug 10th.

Is it possible for me to pick any available August date when I get my I-20 and reschedule to an earlier date like June/July (if more slots get opened up hopefully).?

Thank you.
yes

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lilly001(m): 8:50am On Mar 31, 2021
Thank you! I will do just that.
The reschedule will be for free right? And how many times can I do that?
Malone122:
yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Francangel(f): 8:51am On Mar 31, 2021
Thank you very much, I appreciate your response.

Flakkie1130:

Say you don’t have a sibling or family members in the US. All your ties are in Nigeria. Since you don’t know if your parents would be back before your interview, just fill ‘no’. Because if you fill yes that your parents are in the US this moment, and they returned before your interview, you will then tell the VO no, your reply won’t correlate with what you filled in your DS form. Just say you don’t have anyone in the US.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 31, 2021
Lilly001:
Thank you! I will do just that.
The reschedule will be for free right? And how many times can I do that?
yes it would be free and you can only reschedule once after your initial booking..

And if you don’t still see the date you are looking for when it’s 60 days to your program you can book emergency appointments so they give you closer dates

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abdullahi45: 9:15am On Mar 31, 2021
Heyjessay:

Can we create a community/group just for our fellow people struggling with this same issue....at least, so we can notify ourselves on time.

Because, as soon as they open more slots...the next 30 minutes will be a matter of life and death.

What do you think?

Agreed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ktancing(m): 9:17am On Mar 31, 2021
Really, but I was asked to provide it. Please could you tell me your course of study? Thanks.

fdecisive:

No please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lilly001(m): 9:19am On Mar 31, 2021
Thank you for the information! Merci
Malone122:
yes it would be free and you can only reschedule twice after your initial booking..

And if you don’t still see the date you are looking for when it’s 60 days to your program you can book emergency appointments so they give you closer dates

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by homodele: 9:44am On Mar 31, 2021
Hello, good morning house. Anyone familiar with Youngstown State University (YSU)? Any information you have regarding the school will be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 31, 2021
Malone122:
yes it would be free and you can only reschedule twice after your initial booking..

You’re wrong, you can only reschedule once not twice.
You can use your MRV to only schedule an interview twice.
Once you schedule an interview, you can only reschedule once.

That is, if he picks a date in August, he has only one slot left to pick a date within May/June/July.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 31, 2021
PotentialNurse:

That is, if he picks a date in August, he has only one slot left to pick a date within May/June/July.
potential nurse always have my back in correcting me
Thank you very much I’ll modify my post

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 10:20am On Mar 31, 2021
A quick question pls, can someone from a business background cope well studying Masters in Analytics considering all this calculation thing.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 31, 2021
obajoey:
A quick question pls, can someone from a business background cope well studying Masters in Analytics considering all this calculation thing.
LOL I feel this question cannot be answered by any one but the person
He or she knows his or her capacity
If I tell you yes I might be wrong or right because I am not the one doing the reading and all so
Let the person ask himself or herself and know his or her capacity

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by urchdiya(f): 10:47am On Mar 31, 2021
Guys, please can someone who has been denied visa within the last 6months request for emergency visa for F2 class visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 10:53am On Mar 31, 2021
bros even this ur reply look like calculations self...lol

Malone122:
LOL I feel this question cannot be answered by any one but the person
He or she knows his or her capacity
If I tell you yes I might be wrong or right because I am not the one doing the reading and all so
Let the person ask himself or herself and know his or her capacity

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 31, 2021
obajoey:
bros even this ur reply look like calculations self...lol

you grin see

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lilly001(m): 11:41am On Mar 31, 2021
Thank you for the update.
I am grateful @PotentialNurse and @Malone122
PotentialNurse:

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hazardd(m): 12:02pm On Mar 31, 2021
fdecisive:
Hello friends, I'm new here.
Got Fall admission and graduate assistantship, with a full tuition waiver, living expenses, housing and flight.
My Nigerian Uni seems to be delaying the sending of my transcript to the US, and of course without it, they will not release the I-20. US school intends to email the I-20 so I'm sure to get it with 48 hours of transcript getting there. I need that I-20 like yesterday...
I can already see interview dates in Lagos showing January 2022 (too late), and Abuja showing July, still too late. I don't want emergency.
Please anyone with useful info here should help a brother- connect, advice, etc. Still pressing exams and records to do the needful though. I feel like I should travel down there and gatecrash them till they send it. I want it to leave this week.
I send you a pm

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Victorino25: 12:03pm On Mar 31, 2021
Pls I also have an interview this month and need help with mock interview guys. Pls add me to the WhatsApp group, my email is gozieart@hotmail.com. Thanks
websta:
Bro my interview in April too. Please I need a a mock Interview. Please I beg you. email me
pico8081@gmail.com for what'sApp contact so you can add me the group. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damilare68: 12:05pm On Mar 31, 2021
Malone122:
I think this is a good idea let’s do it

Honestly if dates open up within 20 minutes it’s a war Battle

Is this happening? If it is, please add me up o.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 31, 2021
Damilare68:

Is this happening? If it is, please add me up o.
PM

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.