Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (963) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644026 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (960) (961) (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 1:02pm On Jun 07, 2022
tasho105:
Many thanks for your response big man.

Pls I need to speak to you as per sevis fee payment...
eddyobabs@gmail.com

Check your email I sent you mail.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 1:04pm On Jun 07, 2022
Tinafusty:

Walspring please reply to my mail,I need u to pay sevis fee for someone who is going for interview by Friday

I have replied your message via email just check your email inbox and if not there check junk or spam.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Abraham001: 1:07pm On Jun 07, 2022
Please is there any WhatsApp group for people going to North Carolina A&T state university?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by wolfenstein(m): 1:08pm On Jun 07, 2022
nonye6194:
Transcript
Visa approved 1/06/2022
First attempt
St Louis University, MSc
Full Funding, zero deficit
US Consulate Abuja

I arrived the embassy before 6:30 and waited till we were beckoned by the security for the business of the day. Started with security/documents check and thereafter CGI. At the CGI point the lady sent me back to retake my passport, touts use me shine.

Village people 1 - 0 Me

Got inside and started waiting turns to be interviewed, I noticed there were three windows today conducting interviews; 8 (balded male vo), 9 (female vo) and 10 (younger female vo).

There were alot of white paper issuance I saw today. Green paper too, but minimal.

There was no Korean in sight today so no need to dodge.

Village people 1 - 1 Me

It got to my turn and I went to young lady in window 10 for my interview. Greeted her and gave her my i20 and passport. She started their usual typing and then the following ensued:

Q1 How long have I worked in my current job

A. 1 year and 8 months

Q2 How long have I worked in my previous job

A. 2 years and 1 month

Q3 Do I have a study leave

A. Not yet. This is pending getting my visa approval

Q4 What is my post study plan

A. I intend to return to my current place of work, in a mid level management position. My organization is undergoing a transition phase and this is expected to last 3-5 years during which our operations will expand beyond the western region to a nationwide coverage. This will open up many positions and with my experience and degree, I will be positioned to fill one of these new positions.

Then the magic words came with the white paper.

Village people 1 - 2 Me
(Full time score)

No documents were asked asides passport and i-20. Maintained eye contact all through. Had zero tension, abi anxiety.

*Three weeks ago (yes, three weeks ago) I did not have my i-20, interview date or made any payment for my Visa. applied for EA in Lagos and they bounced me before I switched to Abuja and got a close regular date. I didn't even know my funding will be full till I saw my i-20. And I was expected to be in school before July 5 for start of my summer classes. My DSO was doubtful of my chances cos the timing was too close.

Fast forward to today, I'm checking flights to Midtown St Louis and warming breakfast to serve my employer. Everything happened so fast and I'm yet to process all of these. GOD IS REAL.

Thank you to everyone who responded to questions, contributed and supported others here. Y'all the real MVPs.

It really took a village to make this happen
Congratulations.....please hope u don't mind giving someone encouragement

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lamatemi: 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2022
Please add me to lagos appointment WhatsApp group

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Southsidebro: 1:25pm On Jun 07, 2022
MountainTop34:

Pls I’d want to be added to the Abuja group page, I’m yet to get a date, I’ve sent a mail to you, thank you
Please have you been added to any group yet? I want to be added too please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jerulo(m): 1:54pm On Jun 07, 2022
Thanks

beejhay69:
Doesn't affect anything.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:55pm On Jun 07, 2022
The bolded is the issue it simply means you are going to resign before leaving and we all know what the labor market looks like in Nigeria.
Try this;-
I have been granted study leave from work, on return, and be better positioned to take up a higher position when the opening comes.
Just play around with that.

The trick is sound very convincing and believable.

Samongo:
First Interview
COA: 29k
No funding
MSc Construction Management

VO: I can see you are going for a Master degree in Construction Management at BGSU.
Me: Yes that's correct
VO: what do you do currently?
Me: i work as a Quantity Surveyor at ** construction company
VO: who is sponsoring?
Me: My cousin
VO: What is your plan after study?
Me: I intend to see reabsorption back into where I'm working currently as a Quantity Surveyor and will be promoted to the post of a construction Manager. VO Cuts in and bam denied
VO: sorry you are not eligibleat this time, you can reapply some other time.

Second interview:
COA: 24k
Scholarship: 4k
Different school
MSC Project Management

Visa officer was a lady, early or mid 30s
Me: Good morning
VO: Morning
VO: Have you travelled before
Me: No I have not, I have been focused on my academics and building a career.
VO: Biometrics
VO: Are you working?
Me: Yes, I work as a *** at *** company in Lagos and went ahead to describe some of my duties.
VO: who will be sponsoring?
Me: I got a partial tuition waiver and the deficit will be sponsored by my Father who is ****
VO: what is your plan after study?
Me: upon completion, I will be returning back to Nigeria where I'm hoping to be reabsorbed back into where I'm working currently as a Quantity Surveyor and will be promoted to the post of a Construction Manager.

Next thing blue paper

Don't even know what next now

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2022
see above
Samongo:
Please any advice on this? I don't know the next course of action.
Can I reapply now?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2022
better you mention him as FRIEND ok
There is no justification for Family Solicitors to sponsor you. You think am na wetin im go gain from it.
moses3:

Yes I said he is a family solicitors and also a freelance assistant to the firm I work for. I wasn't even given chance to explain further. Then the blue paper was brought out
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2022
He should move the business money to his personal account
All things have been good he would be approved with an MPOWER loan.
A lot of people have.

Seun4FastLoans:
Hello everyone, my husband recently got an admission for MSC to a USA school without funding. He has about 2 million in his business account but that wouldn't sort anything.

He is considering applying for an Mpower loan but my fear is ;

Will he be approved a visa with mpower loan as the source of fund and also with his business account statement?

With No GA/funding from the school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 2:11pm On Jun 07, 2022
moses3:

GoodMorning
I had an interview on the 25th of may 2022
COA $35k
Fees: $35k
On my I-20 my sponsor was written as $35k they didn't state who he is to me.

VO: please pass your passport and I-20
Me: here is it. GoodMorning
VO: GoodMorning why where you going
Me: to study masters in Biz admin and mgt at the unvi of ...
VO: why masters
Me: I just felt it time to upgrade my skills as a professional. I have projects at hand that is to be handle professionally I need to be versed in my managerial skills to be able to handle such project.
VO: where do you work?
Me: I work in a law firm as the HR Manager
VO: typed for a while and screwed up her mouse. Then Shaked her head. Who is your sponsor?
Me: He is an associate at the firm I work for and also a family solicitors
VO: you say what?
Me: He is my family solicitors
VO: brought out blue paper and passport was returned to me

I was denied.

Now I have contacted the school for a correction on my I-20.
1. The figure write was wrong. Guess I wasn't calculated well. That has been rectified now
2. I still returned my sponsor as it was the account statement I used in acquiring my I-20. It's a corporate account. I asked them to change where the sponsor is written as $35k to the company name on the account
3. The idea of all this is because I don't intend changing too many things so it doesn't like suspicious.

Please house and professional advisers please I need you to help me look into this and give me the best solution as I am about to re-applying

check the bolded

change family solicitor to Friend

Using a company as your sponsor means you have to get the following documents to back it up
Letter from a company stating why they would be sponsoring you
if you claim to work with them you would have to go with
appointment letter
paystubs fo 6 months
application letter written by you to company for study leave
reply from HR that it has been accepted and terms and conditions stated
your personal account statement showing the figures in your paystub

You need to carry all these in case you are asked
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 2:13pm On Jun 07, 2022
it is normal you have exhausted your reschedule chances.

guest31:
Hi everyone, I rescheduled interview dates 2 times and now the Reschedule appointment option disappeared from my dashboard. Is it normal?? Will it become available again if I pay another MRV fee? Has anyone experienced that? Please reply.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 2:14pm On Jun 07, 2022
no
guest31:

Thanks for replying but do I really need to cancel?? i dont want to lose my current slot. is it possible to pay new mrv fee and then just reschedule?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 2:15pm On Jun 07, 2022
I would put up the transcript it might help people wade into the matter.

HazelRenee:
Good morning all,
Thank you for the good work you all are doing.
please is it a good idea to write as a reason for denial "that i have no idea" i am really confused as i have no idea why i was denied. I was handed the blue paper when i applied for the tourist visa with my family. Please i would appreciate if some one could help me out.

Thank you.
@ Moshkom, Ummyzayd.. Please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 2:20pm On Jun 07, 2022
What does a visa denial under INA section 214(b) mean?

This law applies only to nonimmigrant visa categories. If you are refused a visa under section 214(b), it means that you:

Did not sufficiently demonstrate to the consular officer that you qualify for the nonimmigrant visa category you applied for; and/or
Did not overcome the presumption of immigrant intent, required by law, by sufficiently demonstrating that you have strong ties to your home country that will compel you to leave the United States at the end of your temporary stay. (H-1B and L visa applicants, along with their spouse and any minor children, are excluded from this requirement.)
What are considered strong ties to my home country?

Ties are the various aspects of your life that bind you to your home country. Strong ties vary from country to country, city to city, and person to person, but examples include:

Your job;
Your home; and/or
Your relationships with family and friends.
While conducting visa interviews, consular officers look at each application individually and consider the applicant's circumstances, travel plans, financial resources, and ties outside of the United States that will ensure the applicant’s departure after a temporary visit.

Is a refusal under section 214(b) permanent?

No. A refusal, or ineligibility, under section 214(b) is for that specific application, so once a case is closed, the consular section cannot take any further action. There is no appeal process. If you feel there is additional information that should be considered related to the visa decision, or there are significant changes in your circumstances since your last application, you may reapply for a visa. To reapply, you must complete a new application form, pay the application fee, and schedule an appointment for a new interview. Review the website of the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you plan to reapply to learn about any reapplication procedures.

beejhay69:
I was denied under section 214b.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pharrel1539: 3:57pm On Jun 07, 2022
Please I have the funds for my studies transfered to my personal account and currently I want to change sponsor in my i-20 to myself kindly advise if it is okay or should I say I have gotten the school fees from my sponsor sent into my account during my interview .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 4:13pm On Jun 07, 2022
either way, it is ok just carry both account statements as proof.

pharrel1539:
Please I have the funds for my studies transfered to my personal account and currently I want to change sponsor in my i-20 to myself kindly advise if it is okay or should I say I have gotten the school fees from my sponsor sent into my account during my interview .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by RichProminent(m): 4:19pm On Jun 07, 2022
Hello my fellow kindhearted nairalanders.

I'm Victor Divine from Taraba State, I need you to help me with any/two/all of the following study materials:

GRE

TOEFL

LSAT

Please help a brother as I am not financially capable of getting any.It may not be easy to get out of your daily routin to help a complete stranger, but pls I pray God to help anyone who can help me with the soft copy of the aforementioned.Pls send it to victordivinebarde@gmail.com.If you want to contact me offNL here's my phone no:07087697805 Thanks!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeonBaba: 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2022
guest31:
Hi everyone, I rescheduled interview dates 2 times and now the Reschedule appointment option disappeared from my dashboard. Is it normal?? Will it become available again if I pay another MRV fee? Has anyone experienced that? Please reply.

Yes it will reappear if you pay for another MRV fee. You have exhausted the number of times you can reschedule with your current MRV.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeonBaba: 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obviously there is an issue with your family solicitor sponsoring you. A solicitor is paid to do a job, so why should he pay for your studies again? It sounds weird. Change your sponsor.

moses3:

GoodMorning
I had an interview on the 25th of may 2022
COA $35k
Fees: $35k
On my I-20 my sponsor was written as $35k they didn't state who he is to me.

VO: please pass your passport and I-20
Me: here is it. GoodMorning
VO: GoodMorning why where you going
Me: to study masters in Biz admin and mgt at the unvi of ...
VO: why masters
Me: I just felt it time to upgrade my skills as a professional. I have projects at hand that is to be handle professionally I need to be versed in my managerial skills to be able to handle such project.
VO: where do you work?
Me: I work in a law firm as the HR Manager
VO: typed for a while and screwed up her mouse. Then Shaked her head. Who is your sponsor?
Me: He is an associate at the firm I work for and also a family solicitors
VO: you say what?
Me: He is my family solicitors
VO: brought out blue paper and passport was returned to me

I was denied.

Now I have contacted the school for a correction on my I-20.
1. The figure write was wrong. Guess I wasn't calculated well. That has been rectified now
2. I still returned my sponsor as it was the account statement I used in acquiring my I-20. It's a corporate account. I asked them to change where the sponsor is written as $35k to the company name on the account
3. The idea of all this is because I don't intend changing too many things so it doesn't like suspicious.

Please house and professional advisers please I need you to help me look into this and give me the best solution as I am about to re-applying

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HaywhyUnusual: 5:10pm On Jun 07, 2022
Please, someone should add me to a lagos appointment date group...09156477768
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tasho105(m): 5:47pm On Jun 07, 2022
Replied bro. ..waiting for
you
Walspring:

Check your email I sent you mail.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adewaleintown(m): 5:56pm On Jun 07, 2022
Pls is there anybody going to university of new haven Msc cyber security and network. Will be glad to read from you!!!. Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalissure: 5:59pm On Jun 07, 2022
Walspring:

Send me a PM and I will help you with discounted offer sponsored by few benevolent guys who were part of the group some years back.
Thank you so much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 6:25pm On Jun 07, 2022
pharrel1539:
Maintain your sponsor on the DS-160. During the interview, you can chip in that the total cost of attendance has been transferred to your account.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Elizabeth005: 6:30pm On Jun 07, 2022
Good evening everyone. Please I have a question.

I paid SEVIS fee last year but I deferred my program till this year. I’m changing my institution now and I requested for a transfer of my SEVIS ID to the new school and I’m told it’s no longer valid. The payment was made last year May. I didn’t even attend the school last year and I’m told to pay another fee now. I’m confused, kindly advice on what I can do in this case.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 6:42pm On Jun 07, 2022
Elizabeth005:
Good evening everyone. Please I have a question.

I paid SEVIS fee last year but I deferred my program till this year. I’m changing my institution now and I requested for a transfer of my SEVIS ID to the new school and I’m told it’s no longer valid. The payment was made last year May. I didn’t even attend the school last year and I’m told to pay another fee now. I’m confused, kindly advice on what I can do in this case.

Thank you.
Sevis fee is valid for 1year.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mecysy: 6:54pm On Jun 07, 2022
Please does anyone know the EA dates showing availability for Lagos?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rzq009: 7:08pm On Jun 07, 2022
Hello naira landers, please I need updates on Abuja date availability my start date is

(1) (2) (3) ... (960) (961) (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.