Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (965) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642894 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) (967) (968) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teeswift(m): 1:03pm On Jun 08, 2022
Look it up on the internet , google is a friend .

saheed0011:
Please, gurus in the house should advise on the attached file below.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 1:32pm On Jun 08, 2022
Transcript
First attempt
Abuja
Coa $31k
No funding
Course: social work
Bachelor degree
School: KSU

VO: You are going for bachelor degree in social work
Me: yes that’s correct
VO: when did you finish high school
Me :2014
VO: what have you been doing
Me: After my high school I went for (bachelor degree) I made mistakes quickly said I went for a diploma course in local government and development studies at The polytechnic IBD and I did a one year industrial training base on the course and later join an NGO wanted to mention the name but she cut in
VO: have you went for a bachelor degree before
Me : No
VO: what will you do after this degree
Me : I intend to come back to Nigeria to work will government/private intuition to improve the well being of vulnerable Nigeria I pause and I continue according to WHO she cut in again
VO: who is sponsoring you
Me : my brother
V0: what does he do
Me : he is a real estate developer he buy and sells land and lease land for commercial purposes
VO : sorry you aren’t qualified for this visa try again

2nd attempt
Visa denial @ Lagos
No funding
Bachelor degree in social work
Vo: you are going for bachelor degree in social work in the USA
Me : that is correct
Vo: What is your highest qualifications
Me: high school but I quickly said sorry a Diploma degree
Vo: you went to poly IBD for two years which course
Me : local government and development duties
Vo: you went to computer engineering for two year
Me: it’s computer repair just a skill on repairing computer ( I mentioned it on ds 160 so I can cover up the gap since 2014 after my high school but truly I learnt how to repair computer and desktop)
Vo how does it relate with social work
Me: it doesn’t relate but I just learn the computer repair to have a skill to gain more he cut in
Vo: what will you do after this course
Me: I intend to come back to Nigeria to work at one of the local government in my state at the Dpt of social welfare so i can have more experience and I plan to create my own NGo which will be forcing on children with specific challenges and people struggling with addiction in the local community
Vo : who is sponsoring you
Vo: what does he do
Me he is a business man he buys and sell landed property and own a depot which is sell wholesale and a major distributor of all Coca cola products within and outside Abk
Vo : sorry you are not qualify. Thanks.

3rd attempt.
Have changed my school and course but haven’t received funding yet cuz I guess funding might also be the curse of the delay.
Lagos
Bachelor degree
Coa: $23,699
No funding: (haven’t been decided yet till August ending according to DSO of the school)
school: EIU
Vo : do your thumbprint
Vo : you are going for your bachelor degree right
Me : yes bachelor degree in political science
Vo : why this school
Me : I chose this school because it’s cheap and very affordable for my sponsor and she cut in
Vo : 49$ is not cheap!
Me: No ma my COA is just $23k+ ( but due to the SOA I send to get my i20 after they calculated the money with there rate is was equivalent to $49k so they input it like that so the family fund was $49k as indicated on my I20 I think that is why she said it’s not cheap) she check and quickly confirm and nodded.
Vo : who is spending a lot on you
Me : my brother he has been supporting me since when I want for my diploma course and he is ready and welling to support me
Vo : what does he do.
Me : he is a politician (I mute for a while immediately I wanted to say he Former deputy she cut in and ask
Vo : what will you do with the course
Me : I will come come to Nigeria to continue work at my place of work but in higher position. I can be transferred to state secretariat or federal and I will start my political ambition by joining political party.
Vo : type and type and type like 5min self and eventually she said you aren’t qualified for this and brought out the blue pepper.

Please ooo what did you guys suggest for me to do I can still defer my admission to spring so I can get funds but with This three transcript what did you see so I can work on or I should go to complete my hnd and apply for Masters? Thanks so much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2022
ireneayeni:
Congratulations sir, Please I will like to find out if you used the School Address as where you will be staying.
I dont know if this is true but someone told me that If an individual uses an address asides that of the school and the contact info stated on the I-20, Visa Approval is not guaranteed. Please all gurus in the house @Moshkom, @Chibertha, @UmmZayd @justwise how true is this? I will be going with my two kids and I intend staying with my family freiend for a month Pending. the time I get accomodation close to my school(Georgia Southern University). I will really appreciate your response as I already filled the address of my Family friend however I want to know if there is a need to change it Asap befor my interview next week. Thank you.

It's fine because it's not all schools that provide family housing options
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:44pm On Jun 08, 2022
congratulations, you nailed it with the bolded points

murtalaa:
Good day all. In keeping with the spirit of this thread, I share my visa interview experience below.
Waited for 60 days to resumption of my program and applied for EA. Approved within 3 days,

Arrived 7 am even though my appointment was for 8:30 am. No body paid any attention to this discrepancy and we were gingerly ushered in. After all the checks, it was time to face the visa officer, a Caucasian female. Biometrics done.

Program: Masters
Center: Abuja

V.O: Where do you work?
ME: I work with ---- (Federal Government Regulatory Institution)
V.O: Who is funding your study?
ME: I received $17k no strings attached scholarship which comes as a tuition fee reduction. I will be funding the balance my self
V.O: What would you be doing when you complete your studies?
ME: I intend to do a lateral career switch from my present role in Information Technology to Bleep within the same organisation. This program will enable me build competency to be able to function as a... (stated the role here).
V.O: Do you have a guaranteed job with this agency after your studies?
ME: Most definitely, I have been working here continuously for nine years, so I am qualified for study leave per the organisation's policy.
V.O: Are you married?
ME: Yes maam
V.O: Children?
ME: Yes, 2 kids, boys, 3 and 6
V.O: Is your wife working?
ME: Yes
V.O: Where?
Me: She is working as a medical doctor with a a university teaching hospital
V.O: Would you be going with your family?
ME: No
(Here the V.O started typing furiously for quite a while and I started wondering if I have overreached my self and closed any avenue for my family ever joining me. An idea came to me, so I cleared my throat to get her attention. She ignore me and continued typing)
ME: Although two years is such a long time for one to be away from family, I foresee a situation where they could come for a short stay, during children's school break and when my wife is able to secure her annual leave with her employer.
(The V.O stopped typing, looked at me briefly, nodded and smiled and resumed typing)
V.O: Everything is in order and I would be approving your visa.
(She reached for the white paper and handed it to me)

Hope this helps. Thanks peeps. See you at uncle Sam's. Oh Philly here I come!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:50pm On Jun 08, 2022
Using the school address is the best
I used my school address throughout.
As per staying with friend, why not rent accommodation from home after you have gotten your visa, its better you go close to school and start getting used to your routine trust me going with kids is not easy ( I am here with 2 kids)

you can PM me if you need any heads up on how to get settled with kids as in daycare etc.

ireneayeni:
Congratulations sir, Please I will like to find out if you used the School Address as where you will be staying.
I dont know if this is true but someone told me that If an individual uses an address asides that of the school and the contact info stated on the I-20, Visa Approval is not guaranteed. Please all gurus in the house @Moshkom, @Chibertha, @UmmZayd @justwise how true is this? I will be going with my two kids and I intend staying with my family freiend for a month Pending. the time I get accomodation close to my school(Georgia Southern University). I will really appreciate your response as I already filled the address of my Family friend however I want to know if there is a need to change it Asap befor my interview next week. Thank you.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:52pm On Jun 08, 2022
Why not if you can get a date.
You say 3rd attempt?
Some people got theirs after 4th attempt
Samongo:
Thank you
My school will be resuming in August, can I reapply? though it will be the third time and I'm already getting discouraged

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 2:07pm On Jun 08, 2022
Femotech123:
Transcript
First attempt
Abuja
Coa $31k
No funding
Bachelor degree

Me: After my high school I went for (bachelor degree) I made mistakes quickly said I went for a diploma course in local government and development studies at The polytechnic IBD and I did a one year industrial training base on the course and later join an NGO wanted to mention the name but she cut in
Me : I intend to come back to Nigeria to work will government/private intuition to improve the well being of vulnerable Nigeria I pause and I continue according to WHO she cut in again
Me : he is a real estate developer he buy and sells land and lease land for commercial purposes

2nd attempt
Visa denial @ Lagos
No funding
Me: it’s computer repair just a skill on repairing computer ( I mentioned it on ds 160 so I can cover up the gap since 2014 after my high school but truly I learnt how to repair computer and desktop)
Me: it doesn’t relate but I just learn the computer repair to have a skill to gain more he cut in
Me: I intend to come back to Nigeria to work at one of the local government in my state at the Dpt of social welfare so i can have more experience and I plan to create my own NGo which will be forcing on children with specific challenges and people struggling with addiction in the local community
Me he is a business man he buys and sell landed property and own a depot which is sell wholesale and a major distributor of all Coca cola products within and outside Abk

3rd attempt.
Have changed my school and course but haven’t received funding yet cuz I guess funding might also be the curse of the delay.
Lagos
Bachelor degree
No funding: (haven’t been decided yet till August ending according to DSO of the school)
Me : I chose this school because it’s cheap and very affordable for my sponsor and she cut in
Me: No ma my COA is just $23k+ ( but due to the SOA I send to get my i20 after they calculated the money with there rate is was equivalent to $49k so they input it like that so the family fund was $49k as indicated on my I20 I think that is why she said it’s not cheap) she check and quickly confirm and nodded.
Me : my brother he has been supporting me since when I want for my diploma course and he is ready and welling to support me
Me : he is a politician (I mute for a while immediately I wanted to say he Former deputy she cut in and ask
Me : I will come come to Nigeria to continue work at my place of work but in higher position. I can be transferred to state secretariat or federal and I will start my political ambition by joining political party.
Vo : type and type and type like 5min self and eventually she said you aren’t qualified for this and brought out the blue pepper.

Please ooo what did you guys suggest for me to do I can still defer my admission to spring so I can get funds but with This three transcript what did you see so I can work on or I should go to complete my hnd and apply for Masters? Thanks so much

See all the bolded
"I intend" and "I can"
means you are not sure yet.

Your brother in real estate shows he has no liquid funds and we all know how long it takes to sell a property, especially in ABK
The property points of Nigeria are Lagos, Abj, and PHC even at that you would not even sell it off with the snap of a finger. it tells them that you might be stranded at some point and would have to look for other means to survive.

"Politician" is not a profession.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KOREGOLD(m): 2:20pm On Jun 08, 2022
CHAIRMAN1:
Could you add me to the Abuja search group please? Cheers

Could you add me to the Lagos search group
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 2:22pm On Jun 08, 2022
aspirewado:
Ok I have replied. Thanks

Did the same too. Check your email.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 2pac2018: 2:25pm On Jun 08, 2022
Pleassssseeee, I need to be added to the Lagos date search whatsapp group.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 2pac2018: 2:32pm On Jun 08, 2022
my digits 08051036831
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 2:37pm On Jun 08, 2022
chibertha:

See all the bolded
"I intend" and "I can"
means you are not sure yet.

Your brother in real estate shows he has no liquid funds and we all know how long it takes to sell a property, especially in ABK
The property points of Nigeria are Lagos, Abj, and PHC even at that you would not even sell it off with the snap of a finger. it tells them that you might be stranded at some point and would have to look for other means to survive.

"Politician" is not a profession.

Thanks bruh
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chilexeve: 2:53pm On Jun 08, 2022
2pac2018:
Pleassssseeee, I need to be added to the Lagos date search whatsapp group.

Please someone should add me too. 070688three4038
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 2:57pm On Jun 08, 2022
Tirinng:
@NigPatriot

Permission to send an email please

I'm all yours...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Baphil: 3:07pm On Jun 08, 2022
The former i.e. the orientation date

Sorry about my late response

tasho105:

if date of orientation is same as 'earliest admission date' on i20 and 'program start date' is when your classes start.
For EA , which do you u use out of the 2 dates to get the 60 day?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tasho105(m): 3:17pm On Jun 08, 2022
No problem Bro.
I got an earlier response(s) that it's the program start date.
Am still confused about it
Baphil:
The former i.e. the orientation date

Sorry about my late response

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 3:41pm On Jun 08, 2022
Femotech123:
Transcript
First attempt
Abuja
Coa $31k
No funding
Bachelor degree

2nd attempt
Visa denial @ Lagos
No funding

3rd attempt.
Lagos
Bachelor degree

they want you to have funding. They have updated your profile with that, so the next person may deny you also, if you dont have funding

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Baphil: 3:51pm On Jun 08, 2022
Pleae use earliest resumption date not program start date..

Funmilayo1994:
Gudevening Nairaland . To request for emergency date , can I use earliest resumption date to get the 60days or must it be program start date ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 3:59pm On Jun 08, 2022
the factsheet is attached just click on it.
saheed0011:
Please, gurus in the house should advise on the attached file below.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by wolfenstein(m): 4:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
nonye6194:

Why not. I am ready to assist in any way I can. But I prefer to respond to any questions on this thread instead of DMs. If we all did the DM way, others won't benefit like I did from this platform
I understand but Can't there b a whatsapp group or something?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 4:43pm On Jun 08, 2022
June 10 is open in Lagos

Over 20 spaces, please book a date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sauce22: 5:18pm On Jun 08, 2022
Vahn:
June 10 is open in Lagos

Thanks by 4:58pm when I checked no more date again only date for next year
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 5:49pm On Jun 08, 2022
murtalaa:
Good day all. In keeping with the spirit of this thread, I share my visa interview experience below.
Waited for 60 days to resumption of my program and applied for EA. Approved within 3 days,

Arrived 7 am even though my appointment was for 8:30 am. No body paid any attention to this discrepancy and we were gingerly ushered in. After all the checks, it was time to face the visa officer, a Caucasian female. Biometrics done.

Program: Masters
Center: Abuja

V.O: Where do you work?
ME: I work with ---- (Federal Government Regulatory Institution)
V.O: Who is funding your study?
ME: I received $17k no strings attached scholarship which comes as a tuition fee reduction. I will be funding the balance my self
V.O: What would you be doing when you complete your studies?
ME: I intend to do a lateral career switch from my present role in Information Technology to Bleep within the same organisation. This program will enable me build competency to be able to function as a... (stated the role here).
V.O: Do you have a guaranteed job with this agency after your studies?
ME: Most definitely, I have been working here continuously for nine years, so I am qualified for study leave per the organisation's policy.
V.O: Are you married?
ME: Yes maam
V.O: Children?
ME: Yes, 2 kids, boys, 3 and 6
V.O: Is your wife working?
ME: Yes
V.O: Where?
Me: She is working as a medical doctor with a a university teaching hospital
V.O: Would you be going with your family?
ME: No
(Here the V.O started typing furiously for quite a while and I started wondering if I have overreached my self and closed any avenue for my family ever joining me. An idea came to me, so I cleared my throat to get her attention. She ignore me and continued typing)
ME: Although two years is such a long time for one to be away from family, I foresee a situation where they could come for a short stay, during children's school break and when my wife is able to secure her annual leave with her employer.
(The V.O stopped typing, looked at me briefly, nodded and smiled and resumed typing)
V.O: Everything is in order and I would be approving your visa.
(She reached for the white paper and handed it to me)

Hope this helps. Thanks peeps. See you at uncle Sam's. Oh Philly here I come!

Congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 5:59pm On Jun 08, 2022
Femotech123:
Transcript
First attempt
Abuja
Coa $31k
No funding
Bachelor degree

2nd attempt
Visa denial @ Lagos
No funding

3rd attempt.
Lagos
Bachelor degree

Pls finish with HND and go for masters,by then you must have gained some work experience.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teeswift(m): 6:00pm On Jun 08, 2022
Is this through EA, or regular appointment? I checked it immediately u posted the information but couldn't see any 10th of June slots. Only saw May 15th , 2023

Vahn:
June 10 is open in Lagos

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sauce22: 6:00pm On Jun 08, 2022
ireneayeni:
@BunmiBie Please can you add my number to the Lagos Group as well, it os 08083025125. Thank you

Please add me to Lagos group date search
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sauce22: 6:03pm On Jun 08, 2022
Teeswift:

Is this through EA, or regular appointment? I checked it immediately u posted the information but couldn't see any 10th of June slots. Only saw May 15th , 2023

Please add me for Lagos date search thanks
I checked immediately I saw your post and there is no date for June Just date for next year
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 7:25pm On Jun 08, 2022
better put the way you said. I was just giving ideas nothing more

melinaaa:

is it not weird that you have been granted study leave already even without being approved?
is it not better to say ''i made a request for my study leave and it is dependent on the outcome of this interview''
what do you think?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pato9876: 8:37pm On Jun 08, 2022
GAPPLE:
Visa Approved today May 27.
Abuja Embassy
F1 & F2.

We just had our registry 3 days ago.

It was sweet.

Please I'd try to get transcript from hubby to post later because he is the F1.

My dear UmmZayd, BunmiBie, I just want to say thank you to you duo specially. Thank you everyone. I am indeed grateful.

Make I calm down wella. I go come back come post transcript.

Hi GAPPLE, I am about to do something similar with my fiance. I sent you a request email few days now. Please let's connect.

(1) (2) (3) ... (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) (967) (968) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.