Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (989) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1646382 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (986) (987) (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 9:11pm On Jun 17, 2022
Her refusal was not the school but what she intends to do after schooling which is setting up an NGO it is in her transcript.
guest31:

What is the total amount mentioned on your I-20? I dont know what university are you applying but if it is a very low rank, it could be another factor. Maybe your friend is right, take a step back. Relax and look for better universities for Spring/Fall 2023 and apply to the universities where you can get some funding. It would make your case much strong.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 9:14pm On Jun 17, 2022
Deal with the bolded, look for another reasonable reason.
We all know NGO's are not cheap and you are not a socialite or celebraty that's why your reason did not cut it.

Hiralegend:
Good evening all, I'm truly glad to be here. I just got a second refusal on my US F1 visa application for Masters program
School to resume August 25th 2022

The first reason was that I didn't convince the VO that I had enough funds to set up an NGO after my Masters program,thus she wasn't convinced I'll return (May 31st ,2022)

The second one, there was no interview reason was that my appointment application was not properly selected ( I should have selected previously refused instead of Regular) June 17th , 2022

Right now, the Lord is my strength .
Please I'm open to advice , suggestions and best way forward.
Please assist me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hiralegend: 9:17pm On Jun 17, 2022
guest31:

The total amount is $29,575 and It's West Chester University

What is the total amount mentioned on your I-20? I dont know what university are you applying but if it is a very low rank, it could be another factor. Maybe your friend is right, take a step back. Relax and look for better universities for Spring/Fall 2023 and apply to the universities where you can get some funding. It would make your case much strong.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vikrex: 9:42pm On Jun 17, 2022
guest31:

yes

Thank you very much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hiralegend: 9:46pm On Jun 17, 2022
[quote author=chibertha post=113902687]Deal with the bolded, look for another reasonable reason.
We all know NGO's are not cheap and you are not a socialite or celebraty that's why your reason did not cut it.

Thank you plenty. On my reapplication, I mean my DS160, I quoted other sources of funds but I was not given a chance for an interview.

The Officer in room 8, Lagos office said the new visa interview appointment wasn't properly selected. He gave me a refusal letter and said I was refused before, it should have been "prior refusal" and not "regular". Also that I should reapply quoting the right category for interview.

I'm so strong here...�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Daddydee56: 9:55pm On Jun 17, 2022
[quote author=Hiralegend post=113903495][/quote]

What did you choose when filling your DS160?
Regular or Previously refused?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by brymorla(m): 10:43pm On Jun 17, 2022
Hello the lord's people
I applied for EA since on Thursday but till now no response from them, how do I go about this or do I still need to wait?
My earliest resumption date is july
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibekej: 11:33pm On Jun 17, 2022
brymorla:
Hello the lord's people
I applied for EA since on Thursday but till now no response from them, how do I go about this or do I still need to wait?
My earliest resumption date is july
Please how did you go about applying. I need your help as to finding the link thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by farggie(m): 11:58pm On Jun 17, 2022
NUELUSA2023:

Alright. I am open to connect if you are. I am working towards fall 2023
Please connect me i am interested..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cath1234(f): 12:05am On Jun 18, 2022
Hello house, am new here , I will like to know if anyone apply for university of central Missouri spring 2023..[color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by farggie(m): 12:43am On Jun 18, 2022
mojolajesu:
Make sense brother!

I replied you already. please drop your contact
Please i am interested chikaugwushie@gmail.com. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 1:16am On Jun 18, 2022
MzWendy:
Please has someone experienced delay in the issuance of I-20. They actually did tell me to be patient, that the process will take 5 working days or more but it has gotten to 10 working days and no response yet. My program is to start 16th of August.

You can send a reminder. Some take up to 2 weeks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 1:21am On Jun 18, 2022
Blisstee:
Do I look like a scholarship board of trustee? It's either you fund your studies, get a sponsor, or a scholarship. Studying abroad is not usually cheap. People are just being career-oriented and trying to lay a good foundation for future.

So you are even aware it's not cheap yet you talked as if $14k is easy to come about

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Herbertstan: 1:27am On Jun 18, 2022
Mickey2135:

Is this available for every school your going to or just a particular school thanks by the way

It’s available to all students.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Talk2leke(m): 1:29am On Jun 18, 2022
Good morning guys, I recently got admitted into University of New Haven. but I haven't found an interview date yet. please what are my chances of still getting a date before august 2022.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 1:36am On Jun 18, 2022
Festy8:
Please ��� need someone to help clarify this.

I paid Sevis fee by mail,how long will it take for the payment to be confirmed?

But then why mail?

Okay you can give it 21 days max.
PS: hope you paid insurance on it Incase Dem lost am

Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Talk2leke(m): 1:43am On Jun 18, 2022
Olu1991:

Boss, please I want to join Abuja WhatsApp group. I need interview date in Abuja.

please kindly text me if you get added to the group

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OOOwa(m): 3:01am On Jun 18, 2022
What of RA, TA or GA?
This is going to cost you an arm and a leg.

The supervisor agreed that funding will be available only after I funded my first year and then can a research assistant be guaranteed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nysot(f): 4:16am On Jun 18, 2022
@ Hiralegend, please defer your admission to next year and try to apply to other schools. You saying you will come back and set up an NGO immediately is a No, that should have been your long term goal.

You are self funding, which means while you are away you are spending from your savings, so how can you come back and immediately set up an NGO?. You can state an immediate goal of coming back to work with blah blah blah and my long term goal is to set up an NGO, you will get it next time..

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Patricel: 5:08am On Jun 18, 2022
Thank you !
chibertha:
Your I-20 has earliest admission date use that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Patricel: 5:09am On Jun 18, 2022
Thank you !
Schrodinger2:

There is no crime in that as you're well in your time frame. If you come on July 13th the CBP officer won't frown at you. People arrive on earliest arrival date as far as you know where you're going.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Patricel: 5:09am On Jun 18, 2022
Thank you !
Tamad101:
You can enter the US any day after your earliest admission date
Thank you !
beejhay69:
You can enter the US anytime from your earliest admission date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TammyT2018: 7:05am On Jun 18, 2022
I got admission to western illinois university and just received my i20. Please can someone add me to the watsapp group 09020645345 so I can get more information on what to do next before visa interview. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rzq009: 7:29am On Jun 18, 2022
Pls add my number 08037524641
Charlyab:

Pls add me to the group

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by coconutsiwa: 7:37am On Jun 18, 2022
Hello I am new here. Please how is the interview appointment date search going? I am on a Lagos search gc and haven't noticed any openings. Does anybody know if there would even be any openings soon and when? I am torn between using the expedited appointment route(due to the risk of getting denied) and just waiting for dates to pop in the search group. Can anybody provide some guidance on this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rzq009: 7:48am On Jun 18, 2022
Please I need your taught.
1. I canceled my Lagos appointment because the date is too far and got disapproval for EA this made me paid another mrv for Abuja.

2. I have deferred my admission twice because of appointment availability. Now I am supposed to resume 16th of August but my scheduled appointment date at Abut is December 5. I’m Trying to use EA appointment but can’t see the option bar.
3. Can i rescheduled for another appointment date
4.EA was not approved in May at Lagos and can I try EA at Abuja because my resumption date is fast approaching.
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObamaMessi: 8:15am On Jun 18, 2022
chibertha:
I mean copy people who can give you information in your school
Thank you ma'am.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Wendywilson: 9:01am On Jun 18, 2022
Pls after EA has been approved, how many times can I schedule an appointment during the period the EA is active. Can I schedule more than once or just once?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hazardd(m): 9:29am On Jun 18, 2022
Wales09:
Pls anyone going to Purdue University Forte Wayne for Fall 2022. Let's relate
hello bro.. do you get an admission in Wayne university
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MzWendy: 9:51am On Jun 18, 2022
guest31:

Did you submit your bank document? Did they approve it?

Yes I did. The instruction was to submit bank document & financial guarantee form, after which F-1 will be issued.

(1) (2) (3) ... (986) (987) (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.