Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (986) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647920 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) (988) (989) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olu1991: 7:47pm On Jun 16, 2022
Doubuzofficial:

Mine is Abuja too broh!

I pray God be with us that day.

Boss, please I want to join Abuja WhatsApp group. I need interview date in Abuja.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olu1991: 8:14pm On Jun 16, 2022
Sunkanmi64:
Yes, you can have your interview in Abuja and put Lagos as the document delivery place. I had my interview on Thursday (2nd June) in Abuja and my passport was ready for pickup in Lagos on Monday (6th June).
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2022
Blisstee:
The tuition is not as expensive as you think. $14k and living expense is $9k

True but you need to pay before the start of the semester
Where will I see 14k before August
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TunjiAkhigbe: 8:25pm On Jun 16, 2022
My request for EA got denied and I am to resume soon, Please how do I reschedule. How do I get a new date within the nest month. It's urgent. Please help a brother out
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TunjiAkhigbe: 8:29pm On Jun 16, 2022
Please add me to the Lagos group. My whatsapp number is 09099330857
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olu1991: 8:29pm On Jun 16, 2022
Ijchichi5190:

You re funny .Dm me if you have not been added

Please kindly add me to Abuja WhatsApp group. I need urgent help on my interview date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sunkanmi64: 8:38pm On Jun 16, 2022
Olu1991:

Please Bros. I need help. I want to join Abuja WhatsApp group for interview date. My resumption date is August 21. Please help 07068429317
I already told the admin on the group I joined. I hope you get added soon.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olu1991: 9:04pm On Jun 16, 2022
Sunkanmi64:

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omolola08088: 9:31pm On Jun 16, 2022
Sunkanmi64:

Pls add me to the Abuja wattsapp group I got admission recently and I haven't booked an appointment
My wattsapp number is 08088172118
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ambroseo94: 9:38pm On Jun 16, 2022
Hello, please can someone help and add me to the Abuja WhatsApp group,07062078677.thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Blisstee: 9:44pm On Jun 16, 2022
Tirinng:

Where did you see that kind of information? You can only pay when you get to the school and you can't pay everything. First, you need to pay only for your first semester registered courses and the minimum is 9 hour,depending on your program,some is 6 credit hour. Each course cost $708(per credit) × the number of your registered courses. That is it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ambroseo94: 9:46pm On Jun 16, 2022
Sunkanmi64:
please help add me to the WhatsApp group too,07062078677.thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 16, 2022
Blisstee:
Where did you see that kind of information? You can only pay when you get to the school and you can't pay everything. First, you need to pay only for your first semester registered courses and the minimum is 9 hour,depending on your program,some is 6 credit hour. Each course cost $708(per credit) × the number of your registered courses. That is it.

You sure?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Qweentee: 10:12pm On Jun 16, 2022
Good day,

Please � , can I be added to the Lagos WhatsApp group.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by davichido(m): 10:21pm On Jun 16, 2022
Please add me to the Lagos group 08155969530
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Schrodinger2(m): 10:53pm On Jun 16, 2022
Francisca01:
Hello, Good morning.
Please this is urgent as I need the best advise. Thank you.

F1 visa my resumption date is August 15.
I’m just filling my visa application form but I have some few questions.

1. I submitted my bank statement and my fiancé bank statement (he is my sponsor) and I was issued my i-20
2. My mother is also sponsoring on the side and she has deposited dollars into my dollar account as a deed of gift. I didn’t use her as my primary sponsor because she didn’t have enough balance on her account.
3. I also have a good running account.

My question is who do I fill on the form as my sponsor. If I pick my fiancé is that enough ties? I heard picking your parent is better? Should I use myself? Please what’s the best advice you can give me.

I also want to be added to the group please. Abuja group. 08132511270. Francisscawuraola@gmail.com

(Please I really haven’t gotten a hang on the nairaland website I don’t know how to send private messages)

You've got to be careful with your use of words. It's either you're married or not. There's no such word as Fiancé /Boyfriend at the Embassy.

There's nothing wrong in sponsoring yourself if you've got the means. However, if you can't, your best bet should be your parents or Spouse.

On whose name is your I-20 issued? That persons should be your primary sponsor. In your case, a max of 2 sponsors should be fine.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by davichido(m): 11:00pm On Jun 16, 2022
Tinafusty:

Abuja or Lagos

LAGOS
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Schrodinger2(m): 11:03pm On Jun 16, 2022
prettytasha:
Hey guys can a 3.85 cgpa in masters degree , get me a PhD admission ? .

Also what schools offer full funding for Phd students

Hey Tasha, I want to assume it's on a scale of 5. With other part of your application/admission documents in robust form, and with the appropriate school, landing a fully funded offer shouldn't be otherworldly.

Not all Schools are GPA-centric.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Schrodinger2(m): 11:12pm On Jun 16, 2022
ObamaMessi:
Hello @all...

How long does it take to get a reply from a professor (after emailing them in regards to scholarships/funding)?

Godbless as I await your response.

Funding 101: There's no fixed time in getting a response from a Professor because they are almost always extremely busy. It is your duty to send a reminder email maybe once a week. Also, do not send email to Profs on weekends.

Some Professors could take a week, others could take about two months, while a few might not respond if you do not remind them.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 11:16pm On Jun 16, 2022
Yes they can
For schools use Google
prettytasha:
Hey guys can a 3.85 cgpa in masters degree , get me a PhD admission ? .

Also what schools offer full funding for Phd students
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 11:22pm On Jun 16, 2022
If it is who is sponsoring your trip?

You can put who ever you like there it's not a problem especially if you are not an older student with work experience which means you should have savings.

Francisca01:
Hello, Good morning.
Please this is urgent as I need the best advise. Thank you.

F1 visa my resumption date is August 15.
I’m just filling my visa application form but I have some few questions.

1. I submitted my bank statement and my fiancé bank statement (he is my sponsor) and I was issued my i-20
2. My mother is also sponsoring on the side and she has deposited dollars into my dollar account as a deed of gift. I didn’t use her as my primary sponsor because she didn’t have enough balance on her account.
3. I also have a good running account.

My question is who do I fill on the form as my sponsor. If I pick my fiancé is that enough ties? I heard picking your parent is better? Should I use myself? Please what’s the best advice you can give me.

I also want to be added to the group please. Abuja group. 08132511270. Francisscawuraola@gmail.com

(Please I really haven’t gotten a hang on the nairaland website I don’t know how to send private messages)

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 11:27pm On Jun 16, 2022
There is always a link to estimate cost of attendance on the school website.
So they should look for it on the school of choice.
isangjohnson:
[quote author=UmmZayd

He just needs something to work on.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omolola08088: 11:30pm On Jun 16, 2022
Ambroseo94:
please help add me to the WhatsApp group too,07062078677.thank you
Good day please I just got admission and I am looking for a favorable date to schedule an interview pls add me to the Abuja wattsapp group
My wattsapp number is 08088172118
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 11:34pm On Jun 16, 2022
It is always stated on the school website just type funding in the search bar or talk to the graduate students coordinator via email or zoom.

prettytasha:
I just started checking for schools ....I'm going for architecture , but I'm also looking for schools that provide funding
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 11:35pm On Jun 16, 2022
I would copy all of them
ObamaMessi:
It would be.I want to send email inquiring about application waiver, scholarships/funding stuffs. Is admission office a better choice?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 11:37pm On Jun 16, 2022
Opt to pay in instalments.
It is usually 4, that way as you hustle you give.
Tirinng:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 11:54pm On Jun 16, 2022
Blisstee:
The tuition is not as expensive as you think. $14k and living expense is $9k

It will be nice if you can fund him/her though
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OOOwa(m): 2:18am On Jun 17, 2022
beejhay69:
Any funding for the PhD?
My spouse and brother is my sponsor. No funding from school.

Attempt at submitting application Visa interview showed no date available.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by edeXede: 2:31am On Jun 17, 2022
OOOwa:

My spouse and brother is my sponsor. No funding from school.

Attempt at submitting application Visa interview showed no date available.

Most VOs won't give you visa for unfunded Phd. It is extremely rare, except of course you are lucky. And I read you mentioned you went with a spouse, that even worsened your situation.

I will advise you turn down that admission and works towards getting funds from the school.

All funded Phd's have their visa approved 94% of the the time.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MzWendy: 4:40am On Jun 17, 2022
Please has someone experienced delay in the issuance of I-20. They actually did tell me to be patient, that the process will take 5 working days or more but it has gotten to 10 working days and no response yet. My program is to start 16th of August.

(1) (2) (3) ... (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) (988) (989) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Toshod

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.