Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,103 members, 7,835,725 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (993) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1661768 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AyTech11: 11:31pm On Jun 19, 2022
TammyT2018:
I got admission to western illinois university and just received my i20. Please can someone add me to the watsapp group 09020645345 so I can get more information on what to do next before visa interview. Thanks

Please is it for undergraduate studies
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AyTech11: 11:36pm On Jun 19, 2022
xxxscholar:

yes they do. They accepted Mine.

Please do they accept it for undergraduate studies
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Muchmore024: 11:54pm On Jun 19, 2022
Hiralegend:
Good evening all, I'm truly glad to be here. I just got a second refusal on my US F1 visa application for Masters program
School to resume August 25th 2022

The first reason was that I didn't convince the VO that I had enough funds to set up an NGO after my Masters program,thus she wasn't convinced I'll return (May 31st ,2022)

The second one, there was no interview reason was that my appointment application was not properly selected ( I should have selected previously refused instead of Regular) June 17th , 2022

Right now, the Lord is my strength .
Please I'm open to advice , suggestions and best way forward.
Please assist me
Was the first and second interview Lagos?
You said you need help but you are not replying the questions asked. Nobi juju be that

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AyTech11: 12:20am On Jun 20, 2022
bukhety:

I'm interested in this too. Have you been able to sort it out? If yes, how pls? Thanks

Please i need to ask some questions about undergraduate studies can you help with it please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xxxscholar: 1:21am On Jun 20, 2022
AyTech11:

Please do they accept it for undergraduate studies

Are you asking if WIU accepts WES for undergraduate? I dont think you need one.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 1:41am On Jun 20, 2022
AyTech11:

Pls add me also to the group ooo. zero 8 one 6 three 5 four 4 five 0 eight. Thanks in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nozino: 3:20am On Jun 20, 2022
chibertha:
He is right you can only send one free copy to the school any subsequent one it at a fee.
It is the same with all the standardized exams.
It is not a scam.
GRE is only valid for 2 yrs

GRE is valid for 5years.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by photoberi: 6:19am On Jun 20, 2022
Yes, I wrote about it.

For those that got denied and got their visa approved now. Could you kindly share with us how you got a date? or perhaps how long you waited before reapplying.

chibertha:
Exactly and some people said s/he was lying.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OyeGahl: 7:11am On Jun 20, 2022
Is there anyone that got an emergency appointment lately in Abuja or Lagos ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OyeGahl: 7:12am On Jun 20, 2022
veranneoma:
On EA, I requested on Friday 17th June and got a reply today 19th June. And here is their reply:

You have received the following message regarding your Emergency/Group scheduling request:

Given the high volume of demand and limited resources we are unable to schedule an emergency student/exchange visitor visa appointment at this time.  Please continue to check for student/exchange visitor visa appointment availability as we add appointments when our staffing increases.

Well i plan to send them an email with my school in copy.

Is this Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AyTech11: 7:47am On Jun 20, 2022
xxxscholar:

Are you asking if WIU accepts WES for undergraduate? I dont think you need one.

Do you know about the application process of undergraduate?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by erjo: 7:53am On Jun 20, 2022
RichProminent:
EmmanuelEbo Thank you for sending me prep materials.I dont know your moniker bt God bless you.

Pls send to me at kelvinnelson772@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Asake18: 8:49am On Jun 20, 2022
Hello everyone,

Please I need help on how to join the appointment date group.

I was denied in December 2021 for my masters program and had to deferred my admission to Fall 2022 but unfortunately, It’s been showing no available date both for Lagos and Abuja.

A friend of mine told me about this forum and how it has really helped many prospective students.

Can the admins for both Lagos and Abuja please add me to the group.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CreativeWeb(m): 8:52am On Jun 20, 2022
chibertha:
My answer will be bolded under your questions

Please, I'm curious. How would your two kids be taken care of when you are gone to school? Can they stay alone?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CreativeWeb(m): 8:59am On Jun 20, 2022
Please, gurus in the house, I have these questions...

1. The school I'm applying to in Boston pays $2500 per month as stipend. Can this pay house rent for two rooms and support me and two kids?

2. The school says I can't work, except during 2 months school holiday. Can I work online? I have some digital skills.

3. If I come with two kids (6 and 4 years old), how would they be taken care of? Like go to school.

4. After the 5 years degree, can I choose to stay back and work by changing my status or must I come back? What if I start another degree?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by RichProminent(m): 9:09am On Jun 20, 2022
Dexhenry:
Pls I also need it
Ur email
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Andracarles: 9:25am On Jun 20, 2022
I'm going to syracuse. Already sent you a PM
eagshay94:
Hello people of God, I have a couple of questions for clearity;
1) Is it okay to cancel my appointment in Abuja that has been scheduled for February 2023 and reschedule to Lagos because of early available dates. NB: my school resumes in August.

2) Is there anyone on this platform that is going to Syracuse University this fall?

3) when can I schedule an emergency appointment in Abuja?

Thanks for your time and response...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 9:59am On Jun 20, 2022
Paultaiwo101:
Tirinng, thank you for your response. I will actually be getting my funding letter in July. But I'm already working on getting my I-20. On my I-20, it will show that my dad and myself will be funding the admission. The I-20 will not show the scholarship. But by my interview date, the offer letter will be ready so I can show the VO. I hope this is fine as well. Thank you.

Please also reach out to me via 07067717883 on whatsapp.

it would be best to ensure that your funding is indicated on your i-20, but in rare cases when funding comes late, then an offer letter from the school can be accepted by the VO. This also has its cons as some vos don't like to listen to anything outside of the i20, but if you present your case concisely without a doubt, then the VO can understand with you and see reasons as to why to consider the offer letter. but if you can, try expediting the scholarship to be indicated on your i20.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by eagshay94(m): 10:26am On Jun 20, 2022
Please some one should add me to Abuja appointment dates group on Whatsapp.

Anyone going to Syracuse University or already residing in Syracuse this fall should DM me now for housing and other plans.
God will bless all of us.
AMEN!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Paultaiwo101: 10:47am On Jun 20, 2022
Okay, thank you. I'll mail my graduate advisor and explain this to her. I appreciate all the responses guys!

NigPatriot:

it would be best to ensure that your funding is indicated on your i-20, but in rare cases when funding comes late, then an offer letter from the school can be accepted by the VO. This also has its cons as some vos don't like to listen to anything outside of the i20, but if you present your case concisely without a doubt, then the VO can understand with you and see reasons as to why to consider the offer letter. but if you can, try expediting the scholarship to be indicated on your i20.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 11:05am On Jun 20, 2022
AyTech11:

Please i need to ask some questions about undergraduate studies can you help with it please?
Send dm
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by korexes(f): 11:28am On Jun 20, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Loorlaa: 11:33am On Jun 20, 2022
GRE is valid for 5 years while English proficiency exams (IELTS and TOEFL) are valid for two years.

chibertha:
He is right you can only send one free copy to the school any subsequent one it at a fee.
It is the same with all the standardized exams.
It is not a scam.
GRE is only valid for 2 yrs

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jennifer6563: 11:46am On Jun 20, 2022
[quote author=Santanjack post=113959515]
send me your number let me add you to bachelor's degree group!.
Please add me as well 08134927841thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nnodubukky: 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2022
Pls I have been trying to register on the cgi website in order to book a date for my F1 students visa interview. It has not been possible and I hv been trying since Saturday, now my question is doesn't the site work on weekends and public holidays (because I have tried today again). Pls any valuable information will be appreciated.

Pls I will like to be added to the WhatsApp group where available dates are posted. My preferred interview place is Abuja but I don't mi d going to Lagos. So pls add me to both. The important thing is to get the visa. My WhatsApp number is 08133519630

Anybody going to University of bridgeport, Connecticut this summer? Pls let's connect. I will also like to connect to those already in the school. So pls tell me how to contact you.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nnodubukky: 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
AyTech11:

I don't know
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by guest31: 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
nnodubukky:
Pls I have been trying to register on the cgi website in order to book a date for my F1 students visa interview. It has not been possible and I hv been trying since Saturday, now my question is doesn't the site work on weekends and public holidays (because I have tried today again). Pls any valuable information will be appreciated.

Pls I will like to be added to the WhatsApp group where available dates are posted. My preferred interview place is Abuja but I don't mi d going to Lagos. So pls add me to both. The important thing is to get the visa. My WhatsApp number is 08133519630

Anybody going to University of bridgeport, Connecticut this summer? Pls let's connect. I will also like to connect to those already in the school. So pls tell me how to contact you.

Thanks

what you mean "It has not been possible"? what error are you getting? the cgi portal is working fine
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
they will deduct city, state and federal tax before pay
eg I get $11/hr stipend which is $220 @ 20hrs/week
I get paid every 2 weeks which is $440
so if I did just 40hrs after tax I will get about $350 ish because tax is around $50 ish.
with 43 and I am sure of $400
na so we dey do am

remember I have kids but if you don't your tax might be higher

Radarada08:
Thank you! This was really helpful.
If you don't mind please, can you share more details about the answer to the 2nd question?

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
ooh my bad
Nozino:

GRE is valid for 5years.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
I think they let it slide then because there were not many people doing that but changed when a lot started doing it.
remember they are here in this forum hence they read our conversations too.
photoberi:
Yes, I wrote about it.

For those that got denied and got their visa approved now. Could you kindly share with us how you got a date? or perhaps how long you waited before reapplying.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by get2kunle: 2:32pm On Jun 20, 2022
Please Add me to the group zero eight zero 3573252six
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nnodubukky: 2:42pm On Jun 20, 2022
[quote author=guest31 post=113984917]

what you mean "It has not been possible"? what error are you getting? the cgi portal is working fine[/quote

See the error message here

(1) (2) (3) ... (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.