Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,516 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (996) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1656302 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cyingfreeman: 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hello people.

I'm actually in some kind of dilemma at the moment and need help and advise.

I got admitted for a Master degree in Public health against Fall in 5 different US universities. Trying to secure funding In form of a graduate assistantship has been very difficult. All effort yielded to nothing.

I then decided to go for a student loan (Mpower) of $30k with financial support of $10k from a friend. My loan was declined just before I attached my financial support letter and statement of account. The reason was that "Your projected debt burden at the time of graduation exceeds our risk limits". This loan was supposed to be for a year/session. The estimated cost for a session study was $40k.

And I was really banking on this loan. At this point, I really don't know what to do. Would my loan have been accepted if I had attached the sponsor letter and bank statement on time? If so, I could file for an appeal.

Did I make any mistake while applying that worked against me? I need advise.

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bonttttti: 1:26pm On Jun 21, 2022
Please add me too 09063809264
Anayo681:

Me too 08035883284
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by comey2020: 2:04pm On Jun 21, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by isholaidreez(m): 2:38pm On Jun 21, 2022
Please add me too to Lagos date search WhatsApp group. 07037085075
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 3:02pm On Jun 21, 2022
see the bolded
Emma549:
Hello Esteemed colleagues.
I'm new here.
I am got admission to Georgia southern university to study Msc in Electrical Engineering And university of New Orleans for this same course.
Please I intend to get my visa at Lagos Embassy.
Classes are starting in August 5 for GSU and August 14 for UNO.

My questions.
1. Can I get two form I20 from both schools.

Ans. yes you can

I just got married in Dec 2021 and I intend to go with my wife.

2. My wife maiden name is still on her passport. Hope this won't have any effect at the interview.

Ans. ]there is no law anywhere in the world that says a married woman must change her maiden name. She has the right to use what ever name she so wished. I have been married for over 7yrs I still have my maiden name on my passport and on my children's BC too.
Remember to go with your evidence of marriage eg marriage certificate ( from high court registry, customary court registry or family) and pictures

3. What are the chances of issuing F1 visa to newly wedded couples with no kids yet.

Ans if you backup some pages you will read the transcript of a couple who got approved 3 days after their wedding

Concentrate on how to convince the VO that you are a genuine student

Please admin add me to Lagos date search group.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 1stallon(m): 3:10pm On Jun 21, 2022
Muchmore024:
drop your number . So I can tell the admin to add you to a search date group in abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Eshomomoh85: 3:17pm On Jun 21, 2022
Please add my number to the Lagos search date group. 08052385899
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DaTosine: 3:25pm On Jun 21, 2022
Please can I be added to the Lagos available dates group. 07068556501
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tinafusty: 3:43pm On Jun 21, 2022
Visa approved.
Abuja
Fully funded

Denied on may 24th at Lagos

2nd interview

School: Idaho State University

Course: Ph.D. Pharmaceuticals Sciences.
https:///f1usvisahopefuls

VO: what happened with your fully funded scholarship, she picked up a white paper and asked why is your wife not going with you?

Me: she is currently working at**** however she will be visiting me anytime she is on leave. Besides her international passport is not ready yet.

VO: make sure you process her passport for her and her F2 form

Me: Yes ma.

VO: I can see you have another fully-funded Ph.D. scholarship at Southern Illinois and I can see you are coming back to Nigeria to work at your Alma mater ( I added it on a reason why denied).

VO: Everything looks good, I will be approving your VISA.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SMTemple: 3:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
USA VISA EMBASSY APPOINTMENT ENQUIRY

Hello guys, my USA interview is in few days time and I'm still waiting for one of my documents to be ready, does anyone know if there is a way to reschedule this appointment to nearby date, maybe few weeks or one or two months ahead?
i tried rescheduling on their website and the available date I can see is another 12 months from now but my school resumes after September this year. I don't want to miss this interview opportunity.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Heamanuel: 4:01pm On Jun 21, 2022
Muchmore024:
drop your number . So I can tell the admin to add you to a search date group in abuja
Can you add me too?
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SMTemple: 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2022
When is your interview? i will advise you upload your passport and complete your form latest 72hrs before your date.
tasho105:
Has anyone gone for his/her visa interview without uploading passport photo?
What's the procedure of uploading at the embassy pls?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SMTemple: 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2022
SOMEONE PLS HELP!!! This is very urgent and disturbing..
SMTemple:

Hello guys, my USA interview is in few days time and I'm still waiting for one of my documents to be ready, does anyone know if there is a way to reschedule this appointment to nearby date, maybe few weeks or one or two months ahead?
i tried rescheduling on their website and the available date I can see is another 12 months from now but my school resumes after September this year. I don't want to miss this interview opportunity.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SMTemple: 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2022
pls can u share a link and direction on how to apply for this emergency date? my interview is in few days but I have a document I am still waiting for, so I am finding a way to move my interview forward a little bit. Do you think this will help? i will appreciate your feedback
veranneoma:
Yes i did. I saw the Emergency appointment is still open, so i applied again today.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by yemzyray01(m): 4:24pm On Jun 21, 2022
Please add me to Abuja group for visa date 08038500128
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AmiableAmmy: 4:57pm On Jun 21, 2022
Beautiful!
This V.O just stole my heart with this tip
***make sure you process her passport for her and her F2 form**

Congrats on your approval!�

Tinafusty:
Visa approved.
Abuja
Fully funded

2nd interview

VO: what happened with your fully funded scholarship, she picked up a white paper and asked why is your wife not going with you?

Me: she is currently working at**** however she will be visiting me anytime she is on leave. Besides her international passport is not ready yet.

VO: I can see you have another fully-funded Ph.D. scholarship at Southern Illinois and I can see you are coming back to Nigeria to work at your Alma mater ( I added it on a reason why denied).

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HaywhyUnusual: 5:16pm On Jun 21, 2022
For those interested in joining Abuja and Lagos WhatsApp visa date search, only serious people pls, if you are not serious, you will be removed under 6hours...

Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group for both Lagos and Abuja date search:
https:///LmEqzQ45VUNAghAi4XpxCK

Strictly for those who have paid their visa application fee and are ready to search for dates with others.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Viv23456(f): 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hello guys

My friend was refused f1 visa. He has paid another fee, he tried booking date but its showing no appointment date available.. Does anyone know when the slots will be open for refused applicants. If there's a group of something for refused applicants. He doesn't know what to do, he is thinking too much about it. Pls I need feedback
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 5:31pm On Jun 21, 2022
SMTemple:
pls can u share a link and direction on how to apply for this emergency date? my interview is in few days but I have a document I am still waiting for, so I am finding a way to move my interview forward a little bit. Do you think this will help? i will appreciate your feedback
Find a way to process the document quickly. Getting appointment dates is difficult at the moment.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SMTemple: 5:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
try to reply to it, when you are typing, you will see the link properly and you copy and paste in browser to join.
TimePiece:

When you click the link, it say that the site cannot be reached. Pls post another one.
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dexhenry: 6:12pm On Jun 21, 2022
Good evening. Please I want to schedule for emergency appointment but there is no place where I can schedule for that. The booked interview date is 2023 while my school resumes in August 2022. I need a closer date to be able to start school in August.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HaywhyUnusual: 6:19pm On Jun 21, 2022
DM dis number instead +234 703 234 9294
TimePiece:

When you click the link, it say that the site cannot be reached. Pls post another one.
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nksystem: 6:37pm On Jun 21, 2022
justdoit100:

Please, I'd like to join the Abuja WhatsApp group. Can you add me?

Please join me too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Radarada08: 6:39pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hi guys.

Please for people that paid their visa fee with the GTBank mobile app, how long did it take for them to send you the receipt signifying that your payment has been verified?

I paid mine around 8:45pm yesterday and it's yet to be verified.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SMTemple: 6:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
i think i got mine instantly in my mail. check your mail or send DM to GTB on twitter with your complain.
Radarada08:
Hi guys.

Please for people that paid their visa fee with the GTBank mobile app, how long did it take for them to send you the receipt signifying that your payment has been verified?

I paid mine around 8:45pm yesterday and it's yet to be verified.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 7:23pm On Jun 21, 2022
Pls, I need guidance on the steps to take in the correct/right order after receiving I-20.
And the link to start filling the DS form.

Thank you o.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Arizona042: 7:31pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hello house, Is covid 19 vacination's still required for air travelers into the US?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Plannie22: 7:41pm On Jun 21, 2022
Congratulations and all the best at school! Please The part where the Visa officer spoke about the other fully funded program and your return to your alma mater in Nigeria, did you include this information in the “reason for refusal section” of your DS 160 form?

Tinafusty:
Visa approved.
Abuja
Fully funded

2nd interview

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 7:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
SMTemple:

If you have not used your EA request, you can reschedule to any later date and whenever you receive your documents and ready to apply, you can use the EA.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dexhenry: 7:58pm On Jun 21, 2022
Good evening. Please I want to schedule for emergency appointment but there is no place where I can schedule for that. The booked interview date is 2023 while my school resumes in August 2022. I need a closer date to be able to start school in August.
Pls some one should assist what should I do about this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 8:24pm On Jun 21, 2022
SMTemple:

What could this all important document be that's making you wanna reschedule, to find new date no easy oh for ur information

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.