Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,175 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know (65241 Views)

The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved / Nigeria Pet Passport: These Are Things You Need To Know And How The Law Works / Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by humilitypays(m): 12:49pm On Jan 11, 2021
hunterfit:

If I may ask, why do you think it will be a mistake for someone earning more than 450k to relocate?

Have you thought about the possibility that high paying job comes with high risk of job loss? Are you saying such person should wait until they lose the high paying job before contemplating relocation ( why which time it may be too late to gather the needed resources)?

Again, I ask, why do you think someone earning about half a million or more ( with the attendant lack of jo. security due to the unstable social/security, political and economic situation in Nigeria)?
if such person is not foolish, he or she ought to invest massively while at work. It is easier to invest in Nigeria than abroad.

You can buy a land in one popular city area in Nigeria and resell it in few years time for almost 50% profit margin.

You cannot buy land or property easily in Canada or US if not through mortgage with repayment plan of some years or even decade.

Any wise person earning good income to the tune of 450k monthly and above or like 750k and above ought to have tangible and solid investments and side businesses after working for like 5 years, if not, the person Na okpo shocked shocked

The person should remain in Nigeria because he will be better off than going to abroad to start afresh at maybe 40yrs. He can work towards giving his kids the abroad experience or 2nd passport through academics
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by IMASTEX: 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
Why do people emigrate naturally?
* Economy
* Security
* Workable and sustainable system for all.
Any country that allows her citizens the above it worth dying for.

1 Like

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 11, 2021
We4all:

Yes, oyibo have theirs but use it to upgrade themselves and develop their countries. Nigerians use theirs to destroy others.

As for dying from spiritual attacks, well...those who died ain't alive to tell their stories. Just pray you don't end up like them.
I will never end up like them, I serve a living God, I have fought a lot of spiritual battles and won. This life is a battle field that's why we need to hold on to God.
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Yaasir(m): 12:53pm On Jan 11, 2021
For people like Op, you won't understand the price of sanity and peace of mind until you leave Nigeria. I will agree that travelling out is not meant for everyone and should be done on reason. However, staying back too has more risks than you just painted. You gave the impression that living in Nigeria is risk-free. People are being killed in Nigeria more than locations where they are fighting wars. I can hardly travel on Lagos - Ibadan for 2 weeks without witnessing heartwrenching accidents. Now, I can move around even at midnights without having to be looking left and right. You need not harbour any fear about your colleague. See, your sanity is worth more than millions. It is not a coincidence that they have higher life expectancy than us. Life has more meaning outside Nigeria. You can make it in Nigeria for sure but life can be brutally brutal. It is never about you alone for your environment. People have been killed for less than 1k. When was the last time you heard of ritual killings or kidnapping in those places you mentioned? I will be glad to leave Nigeria again and again

4 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by humilitypays(m): 12:53pm On Jan 11, 2021
IMASTEX:
Why do people emigrate naturally?
* Economy
* Security
* Workable and sustainable system for all.
Any country that allows her citizens the above it worth dying for.
99.99999% of Nigerians immigrate because of financial and economic reasons nothing more or less.

If you are earning 1million naira and above in Nigeria legitimately, you can live a very comfortable life than those abroad, with good security and all that you seek abroad. You can only be visiting other countries for vacation.

If you are earning well, Nigeria is very good and sweet and very easy to increase your income through petty businesses, the op is kind of right.

5 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by humilitypays(m): 12:55pm On Jan 11, 2021
Yaasir:
For people like Op, you won't understand the price of sanity and peace of mind until you leave Nigeria. I will agree that travelling out is not meant for everyone and should be done on reason. However, staying back too has more risks than you just painted. You gave the impression that living in Nigeria is risk-free. People are being killed in Nigeria more than locations where they are fighting wars. I can hardly travel on Lagos - Ibadan for 2 weeks without witnessing heartwrenching accidents. Now, I can move around even at midnights without having to be looking left and right. You need not harbour any fear about your colleague. See, your sanity is worth more than millions. It is not a coincidence that they have higher life expectancy than us. Life has more meaning outside Nigeria. You can make it in Nigeria for sure but life can be brutally brutal. It is never about you alone for your environment. People have been killed for less than 1k. When was the last time you heard of ritual killings or kidnapping in those places you mentioned? I will be glad to leave Nigeria again and again
lol, another good point, sanity cheesy
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Alvelt14(m): 12:57pm On Jan 11, 2021
lies from the pit of hell

2 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by learner007(m): 1:13pm On Jan 11, 2021
E easy to advise people from outside the country. We know it is easier to start up a business in Nigeria, but do you know that when the system is messed up individual potential dies? You need Electricity to run any venture, good roads to be accessible by your market and fluid transport for delivery. Why do you think home deliveries is the order of the day in naija? Traffic wan kill people. Guy, forget that thing! Leave Nigeria for politicians and the rich pikin dem. A stupid country where the law is only against the poor but impunity it the right of the rich cry

2 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Hassanmaye(m): 1:18pm On Jan 11, 2021
Karlovich:
grin grin grin This Op must be high on Daura gworo, the same shithole you are defending is the same one where doctors will expect you to carry a bullet or knife wound and go to a police station to get a report before they begin to treat you if for some reason you are attacked. Please leave the people that want to leave the country alone, for everyone that decides to leave there are some moving the other way to Nigeria.
Lol you have said a valid point o
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Hollusilva28(m): 1:19pm On Jan 11, 2021
dake40:

Please learn to respond to arguments with critical, rational and constructive points.

You ended up saying nothing
he/she has responded well to the argument in a logic way, only if you understand
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by ModestGal(f): 1:28pm On Jan 11, 2021
BlackFlamefromP:
I agree with you completely. unfortunately most Nigerians are incurably negative and pessimistic about their country, hence, I'm not surprised about all the negative comments here. They will always twist and misinterpret your points to suit them.

Nigerians need to understand that the so-called advance nations did not make it overnight. If the citizens of those countries were foolish and unpatriotic enough to leave their country instead of developing it there would be no America or canada to run to.

Only Nigerians can develop Nigeria!
I used to talk same way before the end SARS, but afterwards I realize poor man does not have a voice or anypower to change anything in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Grace001: 1:28pm On Jan 11, 2021
Solatium:

You wey you never go other countries wet you dey shout say Nigeria na shithole,wait until when God answer your prayer to go abroad and get the shock of your life i laugh in spanish.

The funny aspect of this whole abroad thread be say na people way never even get kenyan visa before dey sabi wetin dey happen for yankee and canada,when a legal resident wet don dey this hustle for decades dey even come here dey tell them,dem go still talk say them no want people to be like them.
Who dey stop una?

You don’t even know me and you think I haven’t been to other countries.

Well that bold statement in your post just display that you’re suffering from Cognitive distortions suffering and smiling mentality has really messed up your sanity

Pele, you should see a therapist
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Olam09(m): 1:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
Sannisege:
suffer-head.
Like yours asshòle! Likes of people that use to travel out to canada and goan live in a cramped one room apartment, leaving a three bedroom apartment that's is already serving them well and making them comfortable here in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by ModestGal(f): 1:30pm On Jan 11, 2021
Please who can help me with how to become
extremely rich in Canada through hardworking in years to come. I'm moving to Canada soon and I need a mentor on how to become very successful in Canada, what I need to learn here in Nigeria. And how I can utilize the skills I already have. I wouldn't mind paying my mentor for help or any advice

As for the op, na different thing dey our mind, this country has made me very useless that I have come to realize leaving is the best option. Thank you Canada

1 Like

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Francieuche: 1:32pm On Jan 11, 2021
Kriss216:
The year just started, but, I nominate this post as the Most Foolish post of the year!

Trying to compare staying in Canada and staying in Nigeria should be treated as a Criminal offence.
This person needs a psychologist
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Juoflife1(f): 1:33pm On Jan 11, 2021
OP I'm not interested in Forbes list. I just want to japa in peace. Who Forbes list epp?
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Hassanmaye(m): 1:35pm On Jan 11, 2021
GofuckYourself:
[s][/s]

This has to be the stupidest post I have read here this year grin

So uninformed, unenlightened and myopic

Wow
Hahaha how do you cancel all this teach me na
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Hassanmaye(m): 1:35pm On Jan 11, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]
stansmart:
OP made some valid points on the surface but massively flawed in general. You cant buy peace of mind, have u asked the question why the family members of the nigerians on forbes list stay for the most part abroad. The main difference btw yankee and 9ja is, your hardwork/dedication is guaranteed to be rewarded in one over the other.
Hhhmm
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Misterdhee1(m): 1:36pm On Jan 11, 2021
sircrabo:

My dear the truth can be bitter attimes. You see that issue of rent, it is very true. With 700k you will live in a comfortable estate in Lekki whereas thats your one month rent in Canada and Europe
And how does the standard of living in those places in Canada and Europe compare to those of Lekki? Besides, how many Nigerians can afford to pay such rent in Lekki without a form of corruption or the other?
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by SIRTee15: 1:40pm On Jan 11, 2021
humilitypays:
99.99999% of Nigerians immigrate because of financial and economic reasons nothing more or less.

If you are earning 1million naira and above in Nigeria legitimately, you can live a very comfortable life than those abroad, with good security and all that you seek abroad. You can only be visiting other countries for vacation.

If you are earning well, Nigeria is very good and sweet and very easy to increase your income through petty businesses, the op is kind of right.

I think u looking at this relocating thing from a very narrow spectrum. Try n broaden your scope of research to the upper middle n upper class families...u will notice they also relocate.
A lot of bankers n oil company workers lead the pack in express entry applicant.....
I know someone earning 1.2 million who left with his family. When I spoke to him..he explained uncertainty in the oil industry is the reason he's leaving.
Someone else explained uncertainty in nigeria itself is the main reason he left.
Not everyone leaving are economic migrants....a lot has to do with future security...something nigeria can't guarantee.
What we should advise is abroad is not for everyone...and people should weigh the pros n con b4 joining the relocation train.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by humilitypays(m): 1:43pm On Jan 11, 2021
SIRTee15:

I think u looking at this relocating thing from a very narrow spectrum. Try n broaden your scope of research to the upper middle n upper class families...u will notice they also relocate.
A lot of bankers n oil company workers lead the pack in express entry applicant.....
I know someone earning 1.2 million who left with his family. When I spoke to him..he explained uncertainty in the oil industry is the reason he's leaving.
Someone else explained uncertainty in nigeria itself is the main reason he left.
Not everyone leaving are economic migrants....a lot has to do with future security...something nigeria can't guarantee.
What we should advise is abroad is not for everyone...and people should weigh the pros n con b4 joining the relocation train.

He is an unfortunate guy. He does not have foresight. It is a very pathetic story.

What happened to building a thriving business and investment portfolio in Nigeria with his already good income and work towards sending his kids and wife over there

Anybody earning 1.2million in Nigeria that quits the job to migrate or immigrate abroad is a fool, a visionless fellow who may later regret his decision.

As for bankers, I don't see their own as a reliable job anyway, but they can use their experience as bankers and access to fund to kick start a high profitable business in Nigeria. Most of such people lack foresight.. Most of them got those good jobs by luck and connection, that's why they cannot make sound judgment and that's why also they are usually scared of tomorrow, they don't believe in themselves. They believe in abroad saving them from future doom.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by 79733139(m): 1:44pm On Jan 11, 2021
Almost everywhere (except for very few areas) in Canada has better level of security and infrastructure than Lekki. Your earning power is a lot more in Canada so you would be able to afford a decent accommodation. How many Nigerians can afford to pay N700k per year?

Let's be realistic here... if you build your credit score (for at least 3 years), you would be able to buy your own house (via mortgage). In Nigeria, it would take years before you can buy (or build) your own house because mortgage facilities aren't easy to access.

sircrabo:

My dear the truth can be bitter attimes. You see that issue of rent, it is very true. With 700k you will live in a comfortable estate in Lekki whereas thats your one month rent in Canada and Europe

4 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Misterdhee1(m): 1:44pm On Jan 11, 2021
gopel8052:

What are they achieving , not one single Nigerian diaspora on the Forbes list.

The biggest Nigerian baller's in Canada are fraudsters.

You people can deceive yourselves[b][/b] angry
Does everything revolve around fobres? Many Nigerians abroad are making headways in their 20s with their degrees. Could same be said of their counterparts back home? How many jobs in Nigeria even pay 200k for fresh graduates without any form of connection? And if you mention entrepreneurship, what's the possibility of sourcing the needed startup capital? The fact that you probably are comfortable making millions every year with so much poverty and insecurity around you, does not mean every other person is.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by ednut1(m): 1:47pm On Jan 11, 2021
humilitypays:

you lie. Most of those going to canada are high earners. But sanity is key. I save times 5 of what i did in Nigeria and i work for same company and do same job. So find another thing talk. I know people on 800k 900k still going to canada. Nigeria is a time bomb waiting to explode

4 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Misterdhee1(m): 1:48pm On Jan 11, 2021
planetx:
You are definitely an illiterate if you think a street sweeper on minimum wage in sub zero temperature is living better than a permanent Secretary in Nigeria. You people are suffering from a serious lack of exposure and ignorance. How can you call a place you have never set foot on as a paradise.
How much is the legal salary of a Permanent Secretary in Nigeria in the first place? I'm not talking of the corruption proceeds o..
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 11, 2021
Misterdhee1:

Does everything revolve around fobres? Many Nigerians abroad are making headways in their 20s with their degrees. Could same be said of their counterparts back home? How many jobs in Nigeria even pay 200k for fresh graduates without any form of connection? And if you mention entrepreneurship, what's the possibility of sourcing the needed startup capital? The fact that you probably are comfortable making millions every year with so much poverty and insecurity around you, does not mean every other person is.

You've missed the point, which is migration is based on economics not the fairy tales Nigerians tell themselves, it's really simple.

Give me a couple of millions usd, I'll trade the western lifestyle with you. grin

3 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by humilitypays(m): 1:54pm On Jan 11, 2021
ednut1:
you lie. Most of those going to canada are high earners. But sanity is key. I save times 5 of what i did in Nigeria and i work for same company and do same job. So find another thing talk. I know people on 800k 900k still going to canada. Nigeria is a time bomb waiting to explode
Goodluck bro. I can stroll into Canada and stroll out at will, but I cannot live there permanently. No be my power, na Oluwa cool

If you find peace of mind in Canada, enjoy it. But there is no way all Nigerians will run away from Nigeria. And as for Nigeria exploding, yes I do fear that too, all thanks to Buhari that opened the floodgates of Fulani terrorists for them to take over Nigerian forests since 2015.

Before the war go start, we go japa to one safe country and once the war is over, we return back to set up businesses that will help in the rebuilding of whatever is left of Nigeria, in all you do, brother keep making good money, I mean lots of money, not counted salaried money per se lol

If only you know how much ordinary traders in major Nigerian markers are making, you will shock and run back to join Alaba boiz grin

4 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by COMPAQ(m): 1:54pm On Jan 11, 2021
SIRTee15:

Well said. A lot of those who migrate are actually top people from banks and oil companies who earn more than this N450k or even N1mln someone was talking about. Oil company full staff earn close to N2mln monthly in some cases and some will still leave. It's not just about the salary, but quality of life and future sanity. Like people have said, doing well in Nigeria as banker/oil coy staff actually makes you less secure cause you are more of a target for kidnappers and armed robbers cos of your better car. Or should I work for Shell and refuse to buy a decent , modern car? Same thing, you never know what your driver or nanny is planning for you. The risks of Nigeria are just too high.

Also even if you have a Prado, isn't it tiring to keep driving in traffic and pot hole filled roads, in noisy environment, with riff raffs all over, planless cities, etc. Travelling from common Lagos to Akure, I will ask like 10 people if they travelled recently, the state of the road, whether kidnappers and herdsmen are operating etc. What kind of life is that?? And besides, Nigeria keeps getting worse and is more and more unstable, so maybe better to leave while you can, if you can!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Misterdhee1(m): 1:54pm On Jan 11, 2021
gopel8052:

You've missed the point, which is migration is based on economics not the fairy tales Nigerians tell themselves, it's really simple.

Give me a couple of millions, I'll trade the western lifestyle with you. grin

Be deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 11, 2021
Misterdhee1:

Be deceiving yourself.

Really ?, give me 4 million dollars pere . I'll give you pali, house and car in exchange.

Na you dey deceive urself.
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Misterdhee1(m): 1:59pm On Jan 11, 2021
gopel8052:

Really ?, give me 4 million dollars pere . I'll give you pali, house and car in exchange.

Na you dey deceive urself.
You don't even understand the main argument. You're just distorting the conversation. How many Nigerians can even make 100k dollars before retirement without one form of corruption or the other? Do you know than 85% of fresh graduates in the country earn less than 80k? You're talking about 4 million dollars, like 70% of Nigerians can even afford only 4 million naira.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by planetx: 2:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
SIRTee15:

I am sorry but anyone earnng 1.2 a month and quit to relocate to Canada is a very big fool and is suffering from a colonized mindset.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Baby Elephant Wandering In Okomu Farm In Benin, Edo State / 6 Catholic Seminarians Die In Accident - Graphic Photos / 8 People On A Motorcycle On Highway In Kano State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.