Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know (65235 Views)

The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved / Nigeria Pet Passport: These Are Things You Need To Know And How The Law Works / Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:35pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Give me example of international certificate course abeg
ACCA, CFA, CMA

CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, COMPTIA A+, CEH

PMP CERTIFICATION, ISO 9001

2 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by itu404(m): 3:36pm On Jan 11, 2021
GayPontiff:
This one na post from pit of hell

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;aaaaaahaaaaaaahaaaaahaaaaa your mouth go put you for troubleoo
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Focusmind: 3:37pm On Jan 11, 2021
mayorlag:

smiley I stopped praying that my car makes it out of the road with its shocks and bearings still in place, I stopped praying that the filling station close to my house should have fuel by the time I get home. I stopped praying that there should be light by the time I get home, I stopped praying that let no criminal follow me inside when i go outside midnight to switch off my generator. I stop praying that let my car not breakdown in traffic or Eko bridge where hoodlums will come and harass me. I stopped praying that my salary is paid on time this month so I can provide for my family, I stopped praying that let me not encounter police with issues as I go out, I can go on and on.....................

I was a lesser Christian living in Aberdeen and St. Andrews in 2009 grin My christianity received boost again after my return to Nigeria with all the wahalas in the country. I need God to help see me through. This tells you the reason why many Nigerians worship God and prays fervently here. There are many issues worrying us as Nigerians.

7 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by ModestGal(f): 3:40pm On Jan 11, 2021
Kingstanding:
Yep
Please I need your help OK how to be successful in Canada, I'm kinda blank and moving there very soon. I won't mind paying you for mentorship
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by 79733139(m): 3:42pm On Jan 11, 2021
Everything isn't about money! The poverty situation makes so many Nigerians see things from the eyes of money alone. He isn't going there to get rich, he just wants a decent and comfortable life in a safe and organized country (which Nigeria is NOT).

humilitypays:
He is an unfortunate guy. He does not have foresight. It is a very pathetic story.

What happened to building a thriving business and investment portfolio in Nigeria with his already good income and work towards sending his kids and wife over there

Anybody earning 1.2million in Nigeria that quits the job to migrate or immigrate abroad is a fool, a visionless fellow who may later regret his decision.

As for bankers, I don't see their own as a reliable job anyway, but they can use their experience as bankers and access to fund to kick start a high profitable business in Nigeria. Most of such people lack foresight.. Most of them got those good jobs by luck and connection, that's why they cannot make sound judgment and that's why also they are usually scared of tomorrow, they don't believe in themselves. They believe in abroad saving them from future doom.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by 79733139(m): 3:43pm On Jan 11, 2021
Why did you come back? You should have move to another EU country instead.

Focusmind:

I was a lesser Christian living in Aberdeen and St. Andrews in 2009 grin My christianity received boost again after my return to Nigeria with all the wahalas in the country. I need God to help see me through. This tells you the reason why many Nigerians worship God and prays fervently here. There are many issues worrying us as Nigerians.
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Maturedconnect: 3:44pm On Jan 11, 2021
SANITY IS MORE THAN HAVING MILLIONS!!

WORD!!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by ModestGal(f): 3:46pm On Jan 11, 2021
Kingstanding:
Yep
Or if you know anyone who can mentor, kindly recommend
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Focusmind: 4:05pm On Jan 11, 2021
79733139:
Why did you come back? You should have move to another EU country instead.

Bro, I got a job back in Nigeria. Moreover, I want to build my success here in Nigeria. Even in the midst of all the chaos and rudder less leadership, my hope is still high. My utmost prayer and concern is the insecurity.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Jayson504(m): 4:23pm On Jan 11, 2021
grin c h i
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Redman44(m): 4:23pm On Jan 11, 2021
ModestGal:
Please who can help me with how to become
extremely rich in Canada through hardworking in years to come. I'm moving to Canada soon and I need a mentor on how to become very successful in Canada, what I need to learn here in Nigeria. And how I can utilize the skills I already have. I wouldn't mind paying my mentor for help or any advice

As for the op, na different thing dey our mind, this country has made me very useless that I have come to realize leaving is the best option. Thank you Canada

I have checked your profile and I can see that you are interested in doing many things. However, trying to be a freelancer in Canada is going to be an uphill task. You will have to compete with many Asians and White People on Freelancer.com, Guru.com, Upwork.com etc. And you won't get jobs all the time cool cool cool. You will be paying a lot of bills in Canada, you know. Let me tell you how you can be successful in Canada.

1. Start a business especially a Cleaning Business. Cleaners are always in demand even in the remote Cities and Towns of developed nations like Canada, UK, USA, France, Denmark, Australia, New Zealand etc. One Chinese friend of mine was telling me about the successes of Cleaning Businesses in China.
2. Don't be afraid to be a Cleaner in Canada. You can work for a cleaning company for 6 Months to get the experience you need. Do not work more than 6 Months for a Cleaning Agency or Company. Then you can start you own Cleaning Business. Can you drive? How old are you? There is no competition when it comes to the Cleaning Business abroad. It is seen as a dirty job and a low level paying job, but it is not true. The cleaning business will open you to a lot of opportunities, trust me cool cool cool cool. Most of your Clients for domestic cleaning will be Asians, South Americans, Africans ( Somali, Eritreans, Ethiopians etc ) etc. Whites will only employ you for office cleaning contracts. Just get your van and cleaning equipment and get two workers. When you clean homes, you will be given things the owners don't want again. These things will generate extra money for you if you send them to Nigeria and they are sold here. Send them by Sea cool cool cool cool.
3. Don't you want to work for yourself in Canada? You have a big Canada in your hands to explore. Try and see how much cleaning companies and agencies are charging per hour and come down a little on the price cool cool cool cool. Don't be like 98% of Nigerians in Canada. Be different. Work hard at the Cleaning Business and you will have your own list of Clients and Customers. If your Customers see that you are good, they will introduce you to their neighbours, friends, extended family members, cousins, co-workers etc. It is an adventure that rewards well, I tell you cool cool cool. It is as if you are printing money on a daily basis cool cool cool. Cheers.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by 79733139(m): 4:31pm On Jan 11, 2021
If it is money, sure that is within you control and you can get a lot of it. As for insecurity, things would remain the same unless Nigeria gets a radical president that can turn things around. From 2006 till now, the insecurity situation has gradually gotten worse.

Focusmind:

Bro, I got a job back in Nigeria. Moreover, I want to build my success here in Nigeria. Even in the midst of all the chaos and rudder less leadership, my hope is still high. My utmost prayer and concern is the insecurity.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Nicoswit(m): 4:34pm On Jan 11, 2021
Focusmind:

Does that mean building sucess in EU is more difficult?
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by ModestGal(f): 4:37pm On Jan 11, 2021
Redman44:

I have checked your profile and I can see that you are interested in doing many things. However, trying to be a freelancer in Canada is going to be an uphill task. You will have to compete with many Asians and White People on Freelancer.com, Guru.com, Upwork.com etc. And you won't get jobs all the time cool cool cool. You will be paying a lot of bills in Canada, you know. Let me tell you how you can be successful in Canada.

1. Start a business especially a Cleaning Business. Cleaners are always in demand even in the remote Cities and Towns of developed nations like Canada, UK, USA, France, Denmark, Australia, New Zealand etc. One Chinese friend of mine was telling me about the successes of Cleaning Businesses in China.
2. Don't be afraid to be a Cleaner in Canada. You can work for a cleaning company for 6 Months to get the experience you need. Do not work more than 6 Months for a Cleaning Agency or Company. Then you can start you own Cleaning Business. Can you drive? How old are you? There is no competition when it comes to the Cleaning Business abroad. It is seen as a dirty job and a low level paying job, but it is not true. The cleaning business will open you to a lot of opportunities, trust me cool cool cool cool. Most of your Clients for domestic cleaning will be Asians, South Americans, Africans ( Somali, Eritreans, Ethiopians etc ) etc. Whites will only employ you for office cleaning contracts. Just get your van and cleaning equipment and get two workers. When you clean homes, you will be given things the owners don't want again. These things will generate extra money for you if you send them to Nigeria and they are sold here. Send them by Sea cool cool cool cool.
3. Don't you want to work for yourself in Canada? You have a big Canada in your hands to explore. Try and see how much cleaning companies and agencies are charging per hour and come down a little on the price cool cool cool cool. Don't be like 98% of Nigerians in Canada. Be different. Work hard at the Cleaning Business and you will have your own list of Clients and Customers. If your Customers see that you are good, they will introduce you to their neighbours, friends, extended family members, cousins, co-workers etc. It is an adventure that rewards well, I tell you cool cool cool. It is as if you are printing money on a daily basis cool cool cool. Cheers.
Thanks so much for your wonderful response, yes, Im learning to drive already, I'm in my twenties, 24. I have sewing skills, I design children wears majorly but I can sew adult as well, I already was thinking freelancing as an animator/graphics won't work in Canada. Also, I have my MSC already but I heard getting a job without Canadian experience is difficult, I'm leaving with a PR

3 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by MummyD2020(f): 4:42pm On Jan 11, 2021
ednut1:
Visit LinkedIn.com to see where many Nigerians are working in Canada. Keep yarning nonsense. If you go to canada and get citizenship after 3 years. You can still return home if you wish. So why are you pained that people are migrating. If you cant get a job you desire there is option of going back to school and govt sponsors all or part. Some have gone back to study nursing for free.

If i call ambulance it will come, my children can enter government jobs or armed forces without knowing anyone or quota system.i have access to clean water. I have 24 hours light, i hardly enter traffic, i can stroll out at night without fear of hoodlums.

Yesterday after working i went watch ice skating at 7pm. Una don normalize suffering and smiling smh

Pls how do I 'study nursing for free '? Thanks for your much anticipated reply
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by FleppyDon(m): 4:46pm On Jan 11, 2021
God in his infinite mecry and grace will bless you as you spoke my mind.

I just want sanity and appreciative reflections of my efforts to societal change.

Simple, not that crap that OP wrote
Oblongata:
My brother, reason why people want to travel is more than all these you have mentioned...

People want to Japa to keep their sanity!

Here is a jungle filled with toxic elements.

A place where you are lied to and smacked on the face as if you have no brains...

A dog enjoys in Australia more than a full bloodied citizen of poverty stricken naija

I don’t want to be a billionaire, I just want to live a sane life; a place where logic works and where I can die smiling...

If you listen to vices that tell you not to travel when you are chanced to, be ready to explain to your kids why Nigeria is a failed state and why you are part of the failed system by failing them...

Are you more patriotic than all the soldiers that waste their lives why some demons in high places are busy playing off their lives like pawns in a chess game?

What you should tell people is that there are countries they can migrate to and fulfill their dreams other than Canada and co.

God no go shame us o

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Kokaine(m): 4:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hassanmaye:

So please just imagine a country where even a billionaire is not save what of a common man? Do you mean somebody should work hard and buil investments and wait for bokoharma to come and destroy it? There is noting in this world compare to a peace of mind, I will rather relocate for my mental health and wellness happiness not to gather all this useless money that will be nothing at the end
exactly. People that are travelling just want to live normal life. The life in Nigeria is abnormal. You can't travel on the road because of fear, the cost of flight to Lagos from kano is almost the same as the cost from Nigeria to Dubai using Kenya airways, you can't sleep at home in peace again because of fear of kidnappers, herdsmen, robbers, you can't send your kids out because of fear if ritualists, you can drive a car because of fear of police and SARS, you can't walk on the street because of illegal arrest, you can't save money in the bank because yahoo guys now have insiders. You can't send your child to school without waiting for ASUU strike for one year. Health care is zero. Dollar is rising steady against naira, no jobs for graduates, no grants to start a business. High tax rates everywhere. They will soon start taxing active savings account. They are already looking at dormant account. You buy your own generator or solar panel, you drill your own borehole, you repair the roads to your house, you pay vigilante, you pay for your healthcare, you pay tax, soldiers will harass you on the road.

My brother, what is in this country to live for? What does a Nigerian gain as a citizen.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Redman44(m): 4:58pm On Jan 11, 2021
ModestGal:

Thanks so much for your wonderful response, yes, Im learning to drive already, I'm in my twenties, 24. I have sewing skills, I design children wears majorly but I can sew adult as well, I already was thinking freelancing as an animator/graphics won't work in Canada. Also, I have my MSC already but I heard getting a job without Canadian experience is difficult, I'm leaving with a PR

Good cool cool cool. I am not saying you cannot succeed as a Freelancer in Canada. However, it is not that easy. Once clients on these sites find out that you are African or Black, you won't get a lot of work from them. If you want to meet people and discover other opportunities 98% of Nigerians do not come across, start your own Residential Cleaning Business. People trust female cleaners than male cleaners smiley smiley smiley in advanced nations. You will make extra money with your sewing skills, fixing clothes for clients whose homes you are cleaning. Cleaners who are intelligent can make a lot of money within a year. I've been there, I've done that cool cool cool cool cool. You can actually succeed with your Cleaning Business in any Province in Canada. It is hard work, but you are still young. Don't take Franchises for any business you intend to do in Canada. Register your own business and be determined to succeed. Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Kokaine(m): 5:01pm On Jan 11, 2021
Redman44:

Please what about electrical installers
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Saka12(m): 5:02pm On Jan 11, 2021
wetin Musa eyes no go see for gate I nominate dis post for, foolish post of d year

1 Like

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by AlphaT1(m): 5:02pm On Jan 11, 2021
Princewill1:
The high successes recorded by dubious politicians, fraudulent pastors and ponzi scheme operators in Nigeria are living proofs that Nigerians can be so gullible. We can easily be deceived. The astronomical hype on Canada is the latest deceit in town. Here are things you need to know before immigrating.

1. The list of richest Nigerians is filled with Nigerians living at home. You're more likely to make it into Forbes if you live in Nigeria. At least that's what the stat shows, whether people making into Forbes in Nigeria are engaging in corrupt practices is a story for another day. The odds of becoming a dollar billionaire favours those at home . No Diaspora Nigerian has ever made it into Forbes billionaire list.

2. There are more money to be made in a developing economy than in a developed economy. That's why as you're rushing out of the country, Lebanese, Indians and Chinese are rushing in. Only few will understand. You're sitting on the biggest market in Africa yet you haven't realize this but the Lebanese and the Indians knew this.

3. If you are the type who don't fancy working for others, it's much more easier to own a business in Nigeria than in Canada/US. Western countries were set up for the 99% populace to work for 1% elites. Their education systems were designed to produce workforce for the rat race. Not to create employers of labour.

4. It's stupidity to resign from a high-paying job in Nigeria in a bid to relocate to Canada/US. Your eyes will get clear up when you start facing the hard realities in Canada. Those who had made this mistake in the past are ashamed to come on social media to talk about it. The ones talking on Twitter are 'freshers' who just arrived.

5. If you want to secure 2nd passport for your kids, you don't necessarily need to immigrate to achieve this. There are other ways, one method is overseas child birth.

6. You're 5x more likely to be shot and rubbed in New York than in Lagos. Poor neighborhoods all over the world has more crime rates. The thing is, when you finally made it in Nigeria,you can move to high brow areas with lesser crime.

7. Nigerians are spending up to 8millions ($21k) and above to immigrate to Canada/US whereas an average canadian or American citizen can't boast of $10k in their bank A/C's. They live pay check to pay check.

8. Some Nigerians claims that they ain't relocating because of the money but because of good infrastructure, good health care system, value for their money etc. That's a lie! 98% of Nigerians who're eager to travel out are relocating because of economic reasons. There are good infrastructure, good health care system and value for money in countries like Kuwait, Russia, Brazil, South Korea, Chile etc but Nigerians ain't trooping there, indicating that their preference for Canada/US is purely based on economic reasons.

9. It's cheaper to live in Nigeria. Canada/US promises higher minimum wage but the system will still take it away from you. It's like giving you with one hand and taking from you with another. $2k (N760k) will pay for your one year rent of 2 bedrooms apartment in a good location in Nigeria but same amount will only fetch you one month rent of a match box apartment in Canada/US.

10. This is not to stop you from traveling out but to inform you on the true realities. Economic immigration should be left for lower or working class who're struggling or to young lads who wants to school abroad and thereafter further their career overseas. Not to deceive Nigerians already earning good in corporate offices in Nigeria to resign and relocate where they will be employed as security guards or to deceive business owners who's businesses are thriving in Nigeria to close down business and relocate. Don't let them deceive you with the hype. Money don't grow on trees anywhere in the world.
People migrate for different reasons anď not only about money. Just one accident that will need you to cough out 5million Naira for surgery, you will know whether you are a big boy or not with that your corporate N400k salary. That N5milion surgery is completely free in Canada.
When you die early and leave your unemployed wife with little children, you will know what it means to live in Naija...In Canada, there is child benefit and free education (plus student loan opportunities).
Your post is quite "amateurish".

8 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by ModestGal(f): 5:08pm On Jan 11, 2021
Redman44:

Good cool cool cool. I am not saying you cannot succeed as a Freelancer in Canada. However, it is not that easy. Once clients on these sites find out that you are African or Black, you won't get a lot of work from them. If you want to meet people and discover other opportunities 98% of Nigerians do not come across, start your own Residential Cleaning Business. People trust female cleaners than male cleaners smiley smiley smiley in advanced nations. You will make extra money with your sewing skills, fixing clothes for clients whose homes you are cleaning. Cleaners who are intelligent can make a lot of money within a year. I've been there, I've done that cool cool cool cool cool. You can actually succeed with your Cleaning Business in any Province in Canada. It is hard work, but you are still young. Don't take Franchises for any business you intend to do in Canada. Register your own business and be determined to succeed. Cheers.
I will keep your advice in mind,thanks alot
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by bull67: 5:20pm On Jan 11, 2021
God bless you i like people giving good advise. i have a friend in the uk, he is into cleaning business. He just won a contract on a site and they will pay him 50k per year. he only started 3 yrs ago and he has 7 big sites and some homes he cleans. He has workers and goast workers 2. He is now telling me to join him and later set up my own company. He said the work load is too much for him and that i shoiuld join. I also have a business plan going to nigeria to start. but looking at the guy if i dont go with his advise i think i will be a big fool. In the north of the uk its easy for him to win more contracts in remote town and cities. they pay in 10 of tousands yearly. Some every quater. my wife is thinking of leaving her job to start. ITS very easy to get into the business.

6 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by 79733139(m): 5:21pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Give me example of international certificate course abeg

VeeVeeMyLuv:
ACCA, CFA, CMA

CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, COMPTIA A+, CEH

PMP CERTIFICATION, ISO 9001

Add CIMA and BCS

2 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Redman44(m): 5:22pm On Jan 11, 2021
Kokaine:

Please what about electrical installers

@Kokaine, electrical installers also make a lot of money if they are self employed or can secure jobs/contracts themselves. Working for a Company will tie you down to fixed wages. By being Self Employed, you can negotiate for more money if you are very good. You must be very good to get jobs in the electrical installation industry in Canada, USA etc. As per the Cleaning Business, you don't have any barriers stopping you cool cool cool cool. People HATE cleaning in the advanced nations. You can take on as many jobs as you want 5-7 days a week cleaning people's homes. There are other jobs that are seen as DIRTY ( I am not talking about Prostitution or Drugs grin grin grin grin ), but pay so much money. Watch Mike Rowe's ' Dirty Jobs ' on YOUTUBE.COM and see for yourself. Cheers.

6 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 11, 2021
[s]
Princewill1:
The high successes recorded by dubious politicians, fraudulent pastors and ponzi scheme operators in Nigeria are living proofs that Nigerians can be so gullible. We can easily be deceived. The astronomical hype on Canada is the latest deceit in town. Here are things you need to know before immigrating.

1. The list of richest Nigerians is filled with Nigerians living at home. You're more likely to make it into Forbes if you live in Nigeria. At least that's what the stat shows, whether people making into Forbes in Nigeria are engaging in corrupt practices is a story for another day. The odds of becoming a dollar billionaire favours those at home . No Diaspora Nigerian has ever made it into Forbes billionaire list.

2. There are more money to be made in a developing economy than in a developed economy. That's why as you're rushing out of the country, Lebanese, Indians and Chinese are rushing in. Only few will understand. You're sitting on the biggest market in Africa yet you haven't realize this but the Lebanese and the Indians knew this.

3. If you are the type who don't fancy working for others, it's much more easier to own a business in Nigeria than in Canada/US. Western countries were set up for the 99% populace to work for 1% elites. Their education systems were designed to produce workforce for the rat race. Not to create employers of labour.

4. It's stupidity to resign from a high-paying job in Nigeria in a bid to relocate to Canada/US. Your eyes will get clear up when you start facing the hard realities in Canada. Those who had made this mistake in the past are ashamed to come on social media to talk about it. The ones talking on Twitter are 'freshers' who just arrived.

5. If you want to secure 2nd passport for your kids, you don't necessarily need to immigrate to achieve this. There are other ways, one method is overseas child birth.

6. You're 5x more likely to be shot and rubbed in New York than in Lagos. Poor neighborhoods all over the world has more crime rates. The thing is, when you finally made it in Nigeria,you can move to high brow areas with lesser crime.

7. Nigerians are spending up to 8millions ($21k) and above to immigrate to Canada/US whereas an average canadian or American citizen can't boast of $10k in their bank A/C's. They live pay check to pay check.

8. Some Nigerians claims that they ain't relocating because of the money but because of good infrastructure, good health care system, value for their money etc. That's a lie! 98% of Nigerians who're eager to travel out are relocating because of economic reasons. There are good infrastructure, good health care system and value for money in countries like Kuwait, Russia, Brazil, South Korea, Chile etc but Nigerians ain't trooping there, indicating that their preference for Canada/US is purely based on economic reasons.

9. It's cheaper to live in Nigeria. Canada/US promises higher minimum wage but the system will still take it away from you. It's like giving you with one hand and taking from you with another. $2k (N760k) will pay for your one year rent of 2 bedrooms apartment in a good location in Nigeria but same amount will only fetch you one month rent of a match box apartment in Canada/US.

10. This is not to stop you from traveling out but to inform you on the true realities. Economic immigration should be left for lower or working class who're struggling or to young lads who wants to school abroad and thereafter further their career overseas. Not to deceive Nigerians already earning good in corporate offices in Nigeria to resign and relocate where they will be employed as security guards or to deceive business owners who's businesses are thriving in Nigeria to close down business and relocate. Don't let them deceive you with the hype. Money don't grow on trees anywhere in the world.
[/s]
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by Redman44(m): 5:35pm On Jan 11, 2021
bull67:
God bless you i like people giving good advise. i have a friend in the uk, he is into cleaning business. He just won a contract on a site and they will pay him 50k per year. he only started 3 yrs ago and he has 7 big sites and some homes he cleans. He has workers and goast workers 2. He is now telling me to join him and later set up my own company. He said the work load is too much for him and that i shoiuld join. I also have a business plan going to nigeria to start. but looking at the guy if i dont go with his advise i think i will be a big fool. In the north of the uk its easy for him to win more contracts in remote town and cities. they pay in 10 of tousands yearly. Some every quater. my wife is thinking of leaving her job to start. ITS very easy to get into the business.

Yes, you are right. I understand what you have just said. I've been there, I've done that. At one point, I cleaned the flats of people who are Drug Dealers, Gangsters or some sort of Criminal lords. These ones will ask you- 'How much do you want me to pay you for cleaning my flat?'. And they can call you at 2.00 am in the morning shocked shocked shocked shocked. They will pay you 150 pounds for 3 hours cleaning job. Hmn.
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by bull67: 5:35pm On Jan 11, 2021
and also gas engineers. they get lot and lots of contracts during the winter months

2 Likes

Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by nairatony(m): 5:39pm On Jan 11, 2021
Kriss216:

Pardon him, poverty and Buhari economy don chop 95% of his senses.
Lol
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by bull67: 5:46pm On Jan 11, 2021
i am tempted to stay jare. I love niger but i no want to die. my best friend just finished his mums house last year and he went for the house warming ceremony. The guy was shot in the same compound he built his mum house on. an uncle was also shot in ikorodu a year earlier. The house i built i cant even sleep their overnight. i can make money but i will not be safe. but here my guy doing cleaning is making it big small by small and very soon he will be one of the top guys in the business in the north because nobody want to do it.
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by demanuel(m): 5:53pm On Jan 11, 2021
humilitypays:
He is an unfortunate guy. He does not have foresight. It is a very pathetic story.

What happened to building a thriving business and investment portfolio in Nigeria with his already good income and work towards sending his kids and wife over there

Anybody earning 1.2million in Nigeria that quits the job to migrate or immigrate abroad is a fool, a visionless fellow who may later regret his decision.

As for bankers, I don't see their own as a reliable job anyway, but they can use their experience as bankers and access to fund to kick start a high profitable business in Nigeria. [b][/b]Most of such people lack foresight.. Most of them got those good jobs by luck and connection, that's why they cannot make sound judgment and that's why also they are usually scared of tomorrow, they don't believe in themselves. They believe in abroad saving them from future doom.

@ bolded, I talked about this sometime ago, and someone was saying that the purchasing power in Nigeria is very low, as most Nigerians spend a larger sum of their income on food alone, hence the environment is not conducive to build a good business. Also taking into consideration the level of insecurity.
Your thoughts?
Re: Canada Hype And Travel Rush: Here Are Things You Need To Know by maestroferddi: 5:58pm On Jan 11, 2021
Kriss216:
The year just started, but, I nominate this post as the Most Foolish post of the year!

Trying to compare staying in Canada and staying in Nigeria should be treated as a Criminal offence.
My brother I have not seen a bigger iberiberism (stupe) on display....

Dude was just writing trash...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Crashed Dana Airplane's Manifest / Police Found 39 Frozen Bodies Inside A Refrigerated Trailer In The U.K.(Photos) / Baby Elephant Wandering In Okomu Farm In Benin, Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.