Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election (928 Views)

Umahi: Blame Ohanaeze For Nnamdi Kanu’s Fate / IPOB Sues For Peace, Appeals To Ohanaeze For Deproscription / ACF Attacks Afenifere, Ohanaeze For Boycotting Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by Ctorch: 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2021
The President, Christian Association of Igbo Ministers, Solomon Okorie, on Saturday, confirmed that Ohanaeze leadership would be handed over to the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, South-East Zone, for two months within which they would organise the election of new leadership.

Okorie, in a chat with newsmen in Owerri, said it was part of the resolution by the concerned Ime-Obi members at a virtual meeting on Thursday, that the Chief Nnia Nwodo-led Sunday’s election be put on hold for mostly violating the constitutional provisions of Ohanaeze election.
This came after Vanguard had reported that one of the Ohanaeze President-General aspirants,
Chidi Osuagwu, dropped from the race , citing the same resolutions by Ime-Obi as one of his reasons.

Okorie said: “In Igboland, the way it is done is that the people are allowed to choose their leaders. The way things are going regarding the election is very bad.
“That is why the Ime-Obi, elders gathered and asked the Ohanaeze President, Chief Nnia Nwodo, to handover to CAN, Southeast zone, for two months. Within these two months, CAN will organise an election a credible one for Ohanaeze.
“We don’t want imposition in Ohanaeze. Just imagine; in 2023 we will be clamouring for Igbo presidency. At that time what are we going to be saying again?
“We need to get things right now, to put the Igbo nation forward,” Okorie said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/can-to-manage-ohanaeze-for-2-months-organise-election/?fbclid=IwAR0b6JCqHIlNertYd1B8M-_gYOP6j1Db2jpvYOffXE2ib0qYZk9PTJC_f_4

Lalasticlala
Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 10, 2021

The President, Christian Association of Igbo Ministers, Solomon Okorie, on Saturday, confirmed that Ohanaeze leadership would be handed over to the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, South-East Zone, for two months within which they would organise the election of new leadership.

Lol

CAN over to una

Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by Nbotee(m): 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2021
So the election won by Obiozor is a factional one... Lol... My ppl will neva cease to disappoint
Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 10, 2021
Nbotee:
So the election won by Obiozor is a factional one... Lol... My ppl will neva cease to disappoint

Lol

U done see am naaa

Ohanaeze will handed over to Christian association of Nigeria till further notice.

1 Like

Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by seunmsg(m): 7:25pm On Jan 10, 2021
The leadership should have been handed over to Amadioha worshipers association. They understand the culture and tradition of Igboland more than the pastors grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by Ctorch: 7:28pm On Jan 10, 2021
seunmsg:
The leadership should have been handed over to traditional worshipers association in the south east. They understand the culture and tradition of Igboland more than the pastors grin grin grin

Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by cktheluckyman: 7:28pm On Jan 10, 2021
When I saw only APC politicians at the venue of the Obiozor election,I knew immediately something was fishy!! God forbid an APC Ohaneze president

3 Likes

Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by blamingthedevil: 7:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
grin grin grin
APC Vs PDP
Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by blamingthedevil: 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2021
cktheluckyman:
When I saw only APC politicians at the venue of the Obiozor election,I knew immediately something was fishy!! God forbid an APC Ohaneze president

Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by seunmsg(m): 7:32pm On Jan 10, 2021
cktheluckyman:

Obiozor is Ohaneze president whether you like it t not. cool
Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 10, 2021
cktheluckyman:

Shut it.

Though everything....
Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by Etrusen(m): 7:37pm On Jan 10, 2021
I think I would have been better if the power was given to the traditional organization in SE

not some kind of CAN whatever
Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by Badorey6: 7:38pm On Jan 10, 2021
This is marginalization.

What about Igbo Muslims?

1 Like

Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by cktheluckyman: 7:39pm On Jan 10, 2021
seunmsg:

Only for APC zombies.He himself knows he has no such authority.
Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by IamWonderful: 7:41pm On Jan 10, 2021
Ndi-criminals I am back.

Well ohaneze under CAN will have better but leopard don't change it skin, they are mere puppets in the hand of political leaders, ohaneze that cannot use speed of light to condemn senseless massacre of Igbos in Enugu and Oyigbo are the same banning and IPOB

1 Like

Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by chatinent: 7:42pm On Jan 10, 2021
Religion and politics!

Hmm.
Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by BastardWike: 7:47pm On Jan 10, 2021
Badorey6:
This is marginalization.

What about Igbo Muslims?

They don't exist, or at best are very significant because they can't be more than 0.001%.

Social cultural organizations are often at the mercy of politicians because it's politicians that fund their activities. Afenifere also has two factions, one manipulated by Tinubu and another one.
Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by duro4chang(m): 7:48pm On Jan 10, 2021
seunmsg:

Ohaneze APC faction. PDP must have its own. APGA, UDP etc must produce their own factions. APC are jokers.

1 Like

Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by IamWonderful: 7:51pm On Jan 10, 2021
Ok
Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by GMBuhari: 10:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
Yeah

It's not enough menace already

Hand it over to CAN South East chapter whose main purpose is extortion
Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by Kzinne: 10:31pm On Jan 10, 2021
Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by Herdsmen: 7:10am On Jan 11, 2021
seunmsg:

Says a Yoruba full
Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by nairalandankrah: 7:31am On Jan 11, 2021
Ohaneze led by umahi.lol
Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by amuwo1980: 8:23am On Jan 11, 2021
Rubbish
Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by richiemcgold: 9:32am On Jan 11, 2021
politics and religions have done more damage to our traditional institutions than anything else
Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by gtown: 9:50am On Jan 11, 2021
Why handing over to CAN? I thought everybody there is a Jew. Or is CAN a name of electoral umpire in igbo land?
Re: CAN To Manage Ohanaeze For 2 Months, Organise Election by NaMeAboki: 9:59am On Jan 11, 2021
CAN showing its truly colours as an ethno-political organisation in disguise.

(1) (Reply)

ESN Vs Military: Calmness Returns To Orlu / Soldiers Neutralise 11 Gunmen In Aba / Douglas Road Owerri On Fire As UGM Battle The Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.