Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,703 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel (72918 Views)

Woman Who Slept With Male Best Friend Following Quarrel With Husband, Seeks Help / I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child / Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 11, 2021
Something you and your wife have settled, you still brought it here to social media/public undecided. I wonder how some people do things honestly. This is one reason I don't fancy social media anymore. Sir keep your home away from social media, BE WISE!!!. Nor be everything supposed reach here na undecided undecided. I am not married yet o but this is all I can say biko cool
Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by peacenow: 4:06pm On Jan 11, 2021
CrescentMoon:
Let me first tell you my kind of character. For you to make me angry, you have to repeat an offense more than 30 to 40 times. After each offence, I would only give you facial expression that will let you know that you offended me. And I would ensure you get the message.

So wife kept repeating same offence. I told her I don't like what she was doing. She said she would adjust, but kept repeating the same thing. When I got fed up, I tried to retaliate. My only retaliation is that I stopped being around in the house. I would leave the house very early in the morning and return late at night. I would go for business in another town and return 4 days later. She knows nothing stops me from coming home everyday from the other town because I have means of transportation. She flared up. Started calling relatives that I'm maltreating her. They asked her to say which ways I have been maltreating her...she said I'm avoiding our home. Relatives asked if I'm beating or starving her. She said no.

I know why it pained her very well. If she wants to go and urinate outside, I would go and drop her there. When she is through, she would call me and I would go and pick her up again.

She's a woman that's always settling fights for couples in the street. So, she never wanted it to be heard anywhere that we are quarelling in our home. She won't want anybody to come to our house to settle disputes. So this prolongs our fights always.

When she couldn't bear it again, she sent a message to me that goes like this: I INITIALLY DIDN'T WANT TO DIVORCE YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR DISABILITY AS I PITY YOU. BUT NOW, IT'S OVER. YOU HAVE TO BEAR THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTIONS TOWARDS ME ALL THESE YEARS. WHAT DID I HAVE TO DO WITH A JUJU DIABOLIC MAN IN THE FIRST INSTANCE.

Let me disect those words in capital letters for you. I have a disability, but you can't notice it easily until you start talking to me. She said I have to bear the consequences of my actions towards her... looking back, I have done unimaginable things to make her happy. I even saved her life when she didn't want blood transfusion from unknown persons as a result of her Christian belief not to contract demons from the blood of unknown person. Fortunately, my blood group is that of a universal donor. That means I can donate blood for anybody. Note that she had never done any noteworthy thing for me apart from giving birth to our babies. About being a juju man, I will tell you how she arrived at this: somebody was about to give birth from her family side and the baby was in breech position. She asked for advice and I told her that if I take the woman to the village my uncle will give the woman a concoction to reverse it. Her faith is against it, but because someone from her side just gave birth through CS, which almost led to the death of mother and baby, she asked me to take the woman to the village. The breech position was reversed. I'm surprised she now labelled me a juju man.

Instead of me to take her message personal, I urged her to please herself. This infuriated her the more. Instead of leaving me, she invited someone to intervene, tracked me to the second town, and it was settled there.

My problem now is that those words are still ringing in my head... someone I thought was a lover said she married me out of piety.

Marriage is an institution where you graduate and given certificate on the day you are getting started till death do you part.
Communication is the srongest part of marriage. Communication separates you and it can bring you together.

Confused women lack one thing in communication when they are angry, "CONSCIENCE": An inner feeling or voice viewed as acting as a guide to the rightness or wrongness of one's behavior.

If you are now confused like them, you fall into their category of stupidity. You are a perfect married man. Knowing when to walk away from stupidity of a woman with wisdom will give you long life.
If I followed how my wife was verbally attacking my decision and refused to take step that our family should move abroad. I could still be riding my Okada by now. Now, She benefits the most living abroad.

Your wife will change, you got her by staying away. Whenever you say stop next time, she would listen. Your kind of woman does not like shame. She loves her marriage and she fought for it by settling with you.
I have found out in life that, it is stupidity that comes from lack of good conscience from communication that breaks a marriage and nothing more.

Any marriage built on lie will never last.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by Starz825(m): 4:07pm On Jan 11, 2021
Oblongata:
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!

Your wife loves you, it is natural for a woman to react that way if you torture her. ( by not staying at home is a huge torture to most women). Be rest assured that she does not mean it!

My brother you took it too far!

That aside...

Work on your self esteem first, build your confidence.

It is not what your wife said to you that is really painful to you but it is how you have perceived yourself and allowed words to pierce through you... Believe me you can be stronger than that.

Lastly please forgive your wife! The tongue and the teeth are so close, even so the teeth still bites the tongue once in a while, what can the tongue do? Runaway?

Grab your wife and make sweet love to her in forgiveness, these things happen.
follow this advice op...everything said here is reasonable

1 Like

Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by Tonyspecial(m): 4:08pm On Jan 11, 2021
fof1:

PLS WASH IT OFF UR MIND. U CAN DO IT. SHE SPOKE THOSE WORDS TO GET UR ATTENTION AND RETURN HOME TO FACE HER. SHE NEEDS YOU MORE THAN U DO.And that is what is Playing out now. FORGIVE HER,FORGET IT AND MOVE ON, MAN.
WHAT IF SHE KEEP REPEATING THOSE WORDS?

Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by chronique(m): 4:09pm On Jan 11, 2021
CalliDora1:
Stop holding on to those words. She said them out of anger and didn't really mean them otherwise she would have made good her threat and not bothered settling with you. Holding on to those words will only keep putting a strain on your marriage and reduce your love for her.

She still loves you. Just forgive and forget.

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh.
Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 11, 2021
if she ever reminds you of your disability again or says anything pertaining to marrying you out of pity ever again, don't waste time in divorcing her pls.
Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 11, 2021
Princedapace:

If we should go with your logics, I will say the wife pushed him to the wall too. He stated that she kept doing something he didnt like over and over again. And he said he is someone who dont get angry easily. So, the wife pushed him to the wall too..

In all, we must be careful with the words we say to people. Adults should be tongue responsible. This is one of the reasons some people hit their partners. Words are dangerous.

I am very responsible with my tongue and can never use it anyhow especially on those I love.

Why didn't he state the things she kept doing if its actually something that holds water? And if he himself is a perfect and straight forward fellow. No, he left that out and only magnified the words she said.

until we hear from both sides, I'll say it's a two fighting situation and not only one person should be judged here. They both share in the blames if any and should let it slide. He seems like a hard to please man for him to still be holding on to those words.

1 Like

Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by tnerro1(m): 4:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
Bros, as long as she no say” stupid man, even to bleep, you no fit do” then just relax, because e fit be say na you be the father of the children way dey house.

1 Like

Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by Nelsonadindu(m): 4:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
GboyegaD:
The only advice I have is that you should have a real discussion on the context of the text message. Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh. If you are pained, it is because of the context. For proper closure, and to forgive completely, the discussion is necessary.
I agree with you..
Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by Oluwaleinad14(m): 4:13pm On Jan 11, 2021
Olunmercy56:
Don't die of depression, you deserve to be happy no matter the disability, you know what is best for you. I don't like divorce. Let her parents know what is going on.
Really divorce shouldn't be the best option but if that's what will safe the man from more future troubles/disaster then it's cool to give a trial. No one deserve to die or go through any kind of punishment because of love, relationship, or marriage.

1 Like

Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by Bigbayour: 4:14pm On Jan 11, 2021
You spoke my mind.
Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by cassyrooy(m): 4:16pm On Jan 11, 2021
CrescentMoon:
Let me first tell you my kind of character. For you to make me angry, you have to repeat an offense more than 30 to 40 times. After each offence, I would only give you facial expression that will let you know that you offended me. And I would ensure you get the message.

So wife kept repeating same offence. I told her I don't like what she was doing. She said she would adjust, but kept repeating the same thing. When I got fed up, I tried to retaliate. My only retaliation is that I stopped being around in the house. I would leave the house very early in the morning and return late at night. I would go for business in another town and return 4 days later. She knows nothing stops me from coming home everyday from the other town because I have means of transportation. She flared up. Started calling relatives that I'm maltreating her. They asked her to say which ways I have been maltreating her...she said I'm avoiding our home. Relatives asked if I'm beating or starving her. She said no.

I know why it pained her very well. If she wants to go and urinate outside, I would go and drop her there. When she is through, she would call me and I would go and pick her up again.

She's a woman that's always settling fights for couples in the street. So, she never wanted it to be heard anywhere that we are quarelling in our home. She won't want anybody to come to our house to settle disputes. So this prolongs our fights always.

When she couldn't bear it again, she sent a message to me that goes like this: I INITIALLY DIDN'T WANT TO DIVORCE YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR DISABILITY AS I PITY YOU. BUT NOW, IT'S OVER. YOU HAVE TO BEAR THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTIONS TOWARDS ME ALL THESE YEARS. WHAT DID I HAVE TO DO WITH A JUJU DIABOLIC MAN IN THE FIRST INSTANCE.

Let me disect those words in capital letters for you. I have a disability, but you can't notice it easily until you start talking to me. She said I have to bear the consequences of my actions towards her... looking back, I have done unimaginable things to make her happy. I even saved her life when she didn't want blood transfusion from unknown persons as a result of her Christian belief not to contract demons from the blood of unknown person. Fortunately, my blood group is that of a universal donor. That means I can donate blood for anybody. Note that she had never done any noteworthy thing for me apart from giving birth to our babies. About being a juju man, I will tell you how she arrived at this: somebody was about to give birth from her family side and the baby was in breech position. She asked for advice and I told her that if I take the woman to the village my uncle will give the woman a concoction to reverse it. Her faith is against it, but because someone from her side just gave birth through CS, which almost led to the death of mother and baby, she asked me to take the woman to the village. The breech position was reversed. I'm surprised she now labelled me a juju man.

Instead of me to take her message personal, I urged her to please herself. This infuriated her the more. Instead of leaving me, she invited someone to intervene, tracked me to the second town, and it was settled there.

My problem now is that those words are still ringing in my head... someone I thought was a lover said she married me out of piety.
Sincerely, someone like me will react the way you're reacting now, being more introspective and defensive but lay it all down and forgive her regardless.

Everything was said because tension were high, I guess you seen why people refer to them as weak? Them no dey get sense sometimes and they can be pretty headstrong which can equally be driven by emotions rather than reasons.

Biko, forgive her and gradually forget.
Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 11, 2021
CrescentMoon:

if she ever reminds you of your disability again or says anything pertaining to marrying you out of pity ever again, don't waste time in divorcing her pls.

1 Like

Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by bluefilm: 4:16pm On Jan 11, 2021
CrescentMoon:

Your story funny die, aswear. grin grin grin

At some point, you were sounding like a real gee.

Then all of a sudden, you started sounding like a SIMP.

And I hate SIMPs.

1 Like

Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by Franking: 4:16pm On Jan 11, 2021
That's not nice at all. I urge u to forget about it. Women can say all sorts of things truth and otherwise in the heat of quarrel, anger or frustration. You can still talk it over with her. It's tough but better than the alternative.
Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by MrHighSea: 4:21pm On Jan 11, 2021
person run from trouble, trouble still find am come.

Op, you're strong and kind hearted. some people would've turned that house upside down.

Divorce isn't good but being married out of pity is worse.

I pray she gets a hold on her tongue.

1 Like

Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 11, 2021
LastProphet:

Lies lies lies, OP what she told you is what was on her mind before and maybe even now. And know that you brought it on yourself, your type are those SIMPs they talk about. However manage her but know where you actually stand with her, you were not her first choice simple

He's not her first choice but she's stuck with him all these years...
And even if the wife did not mention those things, did the op think shes not aware they are there?

Please guys, this is two fighting and when people are exchanging banters there's no limit to what they can say at that mad instant hence it shouldn't be something that should be used against them after all is calm and settled.

That is why it's good to marry your friend. All these uptight husbands sef. Hm!
Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by Nelsonadindu(m): 4:23pm On Jan 11, 2021
I doubt she love him o undecided
grafixdon:
Make sure she never repeat those hurtful words again. Let her regret it... Do not let it slide without severe punishment. But at the end, forgive her. She still love you.
Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by grafixdon: 4:25pm On Jan 11, 2021
Nelsonadindu:
I doubt she love him o undecided

She does. She just want to frustrate him. Na their way
Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by ericbertrand(m): 4:26pm On Jan 11, 2021
Stupid tribalist. Got what you deserve
Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by TrippleEEE: 4:26pm On Jan 11, 2021
From the comments, I have come to realize that it's okay for men to suffer in relationships. It's sad that men will be mentally tortured till death do them apart.

I pray my woman is different cuz I Don't think I can handle mental torture from another woman.

2 Likes

Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by onpoint69(m): 4:28pm On Jan 11, 2021
Bros no vex, I guess your wife just wanted to hit you where it will hurt you well because your response to her actions wasn't what she expected. why don't you mention it to her how much her words hurt you, because keeping it to yourself might cause resentment to build up.
Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by josiegirl27: 4:30pm On Jan 11, 2021
abimbola74:

Aswear she didn’t mean those words . Women and their mouth like tap water. She just want to hurt you with words and let you feel miserable. Show her this text and tell her you won’t delete that message that it reminds you who she really is and watch how she will cry uncontrollably. Bruh abeg no vex
u understand
Women God bless you .

1 Like

Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by TrippleEEE: 4:30pm On Jan 11, 2021
tnerro1:
Bros, as long as she no say” stupid man, even to bleep, you no fit do” then just relax, because e fit be say na you be the father of the children way dey house.
I'm sorry but I'm restricting myself not to insult you.
Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by Pauladex(m): 4:34pm On Jan 11, 2021
Juju man, your wife is a replica of my brother's wife, her mouth is like that of a snake. But she gave my brother 4 good children. Anytime she say rubbish take to bed and do the needful till her brain settled. Learn to accommodate her stupidity. Don't break your home.
Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by frozen70(f): 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2021
CrescentMoon:

If you follow women mouth, you will feel like avoiding them

Seat her down and tell her how bad you feel about those words

But before then, you must find it easy in your heart to forgive her

The demands for apology from her
Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by Damitism: 4:38pm On Jan 11, 2021
Stevenbright:

You know why she is angry with you?
It is because her manipulative tendencies towards you are falling since you know how to handle the situations.

What to do:
Forgive her concerning those words but keep making sure she can't emotionally manipulate you.

The first sensible comment I find on this thread. People don't know we are all playing the game of manipulation. As long as you are interacting with people, everyone is trying to manipulate one another. It's just that females are more manipulative than male.
Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 11, 2021
CrescentMoon:
me to the second town, and it was settled there.

Call and tell her she offended you with that insult and that she should apologize properly
Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by Derisco: 4:38pm On Jan 11, 2021
U never ready 4 marriage... If u follow woman mouth, u go burn every were.
Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 11, 2021
Your wife said those things out of anger, you will have to forgive her and make peace with her, the devil wants your marriage to crash, he is attacking different marriages. But why will you leave her for 4 days and make her grow lonely? Please stop it and be a good husband. Learn to ignore and not keep malice, also forgive her cause even our father in heaven forgives you your sins.
Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by blamingthedevil: 4:41pm On Jan 11, 2021
anochuko01:

How is that your problem naa. You too use your sense. He said you won't notice except he speaks. The sun dey affect your brain?

Re: Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel by coputa(m): 4:42pm On Jan 11, 2021
If you play too much with a dog,it will poo and wee on you.
Despite the love you have for your wife,make sure you still have a lot of reservations,so that she can have some respect for you
Husbands of these days has taken it to another level; they wash their wives panties and bra, they even cook clean the house and go on errands for her,this is arrant rubbish.
You cannot expect such woman to respect you, because you've thrown yourself on the mud

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

70-year-old Herbalist With 57 Wives Sacks 8. "His Kids Sleeps With His Wives" / Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law / 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.