Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,468 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child (72213 Views)

My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help / Some Damaging Words My Wife Said During A Quarrel / 'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by NewsPerson: 9:59pm On Jan 20, 2022
Muridia and Yaqub Ganiyu have been living peacefully as a couple for 17 years. They are blessed with four children.

Sadly, the union is on the verge of complete collapse, owing to a startling revelation by Muridia that Yaqub is not the biological father of their 14-year-old daughter.

Yaqub, a commercial motorcyclist who is yet to come to terms with the reality of his wife’s confession, told Vanguard Metro that he fainted twice out of shock when his wife broke the news.

During a visit to his one-room apartment on Matomi Street, Alagbado, a border town between Lagos and Ogun states, the father of four said the issue had affected the teenager in question, emotionally and had also truncated the peaceful atmosphere in his home.

At the moment, the husband and wife are living apart, an action Yaqub is displeased with, as he alleged that he was mandated by So-Safe Corps, a vigilante group, to be giving his wife N5,000 weekly for the upkeep of the children.

The rosy beginning

In this interview with him, he recalled: “I met Muridia 17 years ago when she was an apprentice. I assisted her financially until she mastered the skill. Thereafter, we started dating and living together. I brought her to Lagos, from Otu Village, Oyo State, to set up a business for her.

“ We are blessed with four children, a daughter and three sons – aged 14, 8 and 4 years and three months respectively.

“Initially, things went smoothly in the family while I was working as a truck operator. At a point, I lost that job. I started riding a motorcycle in order to put food on the table.

Things fall apart

“Recently, I noticed that my wife started behaving strangely. I kept calm to allow peace reign until she brought a Tecno-5 Phone home. When I asked where she got it from, she gave a flimsy reason. I also noticed she had been communicating with a man whose identity I did not know. I had to seize the phone.

“About a month ago, she woke me up at midnight and told me that I was not the biological father of our 14-year-old daughter. She said her former boyfriend who lives in Germany is the biological father of the child. You won’t believe that this same man and I were once neighbours before he travelled abroad.

“I fainted out of shock and disbelief, twice. It was neighbours that resuscitated me. What baffled me was that the man she claimed to be the biological father is a relative and an old friend of mine. His father has two wives, one of them is my aunt.

“I later got to know that things were not going smoothly with him. When they enquired to know the cause spiritually, it was revealed that he had a child somewhere and that until he accepts the paternity of the child, there won’t be any solution to his issue.

“Initially, I thought my wife was out of her senses. I contacted her family members to pray for her so that she could get well but I didn’t know she had other plans.

Two weeks ago, she reported the matter with So-Safe Corps at Abule-Iroko, Ogun State. I was arrested and detained by the Corps. Its officials ordered me to pick up my belongings and leave our one-room apartment.

‘’It did not end there, they ordered me to return the phone I seized to her and pay N5,000 weekly, for the family upkeep. I have been homeless since then. The attention of both families have been drawn to the matter but from all indications, Muridia’s family members are in support of her action.

“I have an aged mother and an elder brother who are not medically fit to intervene.

‘’The man my wife claimed is the father of my daughter said I should stay far away from her or face the consequences, boasting that he has the financial muscle to deal with me.

“I used to have three motorcycles but sold them to enable me to fend for my family. The one I am currently using was bought on hire purchase.”

But when Vanguard Metro met Muridia, she clarified that she was already pregnant for another man who she identified as Teslim, when she met her husband.

She said: “When I discovered I was six weeks pregnant, I told Teslim about it but he sent me away and asked me to terminate it.

“Luckily for me, Yaqub walked into my life and slept with me. A few weeks later, I told him I was pregnant for him, he accepted paternity and we pulled resources together to rent an apartment. Teslim and I were in the village while Yaqub was visiting from Lagos.

“I am a hairdresser but our stay together had been hellish as Yaqub has no tangible source of income to fend for the family.

“Several attempts to walk away from the marriage were unsuccessful as he tactically tied me down with pregnancy. This is the fourth rented apartment I have paid for but he always disrupts my chances of staying alone.

“One day, I got a call from Teslim’s friend, who requested to know what happened to the pregnancy of 15 years ago, I did not give him any response.

“I was in church one day when Teslim’s relative sent a Tecno-5 phone to me because mine was faulty. Teslim called me to say he was in Germany but that settling down maritally had been difficult. He told me that upon divination, he was told to go and claim the paternity of the baby he abandoned in order to have a settled life.

“Two weeks ago, Yaqub and I had a quarrel in my shop. Neighbours intervened by contacting the So Safe Corps which effected his arrest.

“My uncle and other members of my family are aware of this matter. There are moves to conduct a DNA test to ascertain the biological father of my daughter, Zainab,” she said.

In a chat with Zainab, she innocently told Vanguard Metro: “My mummy and daddy are fighting because of me. They said something happened when I was young,”

Investigations revealed that the So Safe Corps personnel who handled the matter had opened a communication channel between Teslim and Zainab. The personnel was quoted to have threatened to re-arrest Yaqub and seized his motorcycle which is his only means of income.

When Vanguard Metro contacted the Commander, So -Safe Corps, Soji Gonzalo, on phone, he said he was at an official function in Abeokuta and would be unable to respond to her inquiry.

However, it was learnt that through the effort of a human rights activist, Comrade Adewale Ojo, the National Coordinator, Human Rights Advocacy & Monitoring Group (HURAMG), the So Safe Corps personnel has been summoned to the Corps headquarters in Abeokuta, Ogun State where he is being interrogated.

Efforts to reach the supposed father of the teenager failed as calls and text messages sent to his mobile phone were not attended to.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/i-fainted-when-my-wife-said-im-not-father-of-our-14-yr-old-daughter-father-of-four/amp/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by Sergio104(m): 10:02pm On Jan 20, 2022
embarassed

This is indeed sad.
Looking at the picture of this young man make me wanna cry.......... shattered heart cry

To my dear fellow men, may God console us whenever we see ourself in a situation like this....... situation of killer fake women.

outta here!!!

348 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by PrinceOfLagos: 10:03pm On Jan 20, 2022
The FG as a matter of urgency should make DNA tests cheap and compulsory

So many men are fathering children that ain't theirs

So many

389 Likes 30 Shares

Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by xxxtedyxxx(m): 10:05pm On Jan 20, 2022
6 weeks pregnant, yet she still nak anoda dick...

Ewo

Women get strong Mind

I wish punna get counter to count the number of ponron weu don enter..

Poor man

156 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by Amuroba: 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2022
sad

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by MITCHELL96: 10:14pm On Jan 20, 2022
What a painful incident cry

This shit has been going on for a while now, and alot of men don't know they've been catering for kids that aren't theirs, there was a man that trended some time ago, he didn't know all 4 kids were not his, I mean he later knew after 10 years or so, some women are wicked oo, you didn't even allow one child to be his own, but denied him 4 good kids. undecided may God punish such women.. na this kind women God suppose dey lay curse of barrenness on, But our GOD is a Merciful GOD cry I just wish GOD can be more of a Consuming fire than Merciful GOD just for this case alone.

Stay strong young man, You'll recover all you lost in few years time

107 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by Felimax(m): 10:16pm On Jan 20, 2022
You brought her to Lagos and have her stayed with you... When you talk of common sense now people will come for your head.
This he would have been able to avoid from the beginning.
How he was able to house a pregnant woman without knowing still baffles me

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by SarkinYarki: 10:17pm On Jan 20, 2022
She just passed pregnancy on the Simp

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 20, 2022
The SIMP man wasn't smart enough.

FG should make DNA test compulsory in hospitals during child birth

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by LordReed(m): 10:29am On Jan 21, 2022
xxxtedyxxx:
6 weeks pregnant, yet she still nak anoda dick...

Ewo

Women get strong Mind

I wish punna get counter to count the number of ponron weu don enter..

Poor man

And jt go get counter wey go show how many punna he don enter. Equation balance.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by oazeez1991(m): 2:10pm On Jan 21, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
The FG as a matter of urgency make DNA tests cheap

So many men are fathering children that ain't theirs

So many

Not just cheap, but compulsory as well. So sad for the man.

102 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by slawormiir: 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Like some one will say

Maybe this is the reason why most native doctors always ask for mothers name

Instead of fathers name

Because they know that the fathers of the people who seek their help may not be their fathers.

225 Likes 22 Shares

Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2022
Fear 'some' women shocked

Make she kuku kee u

30 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by JosephXavier: 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2022
It's annoying reading through this write-up

It is too lengthy and full of crap

Hi he today women begin deal with men shaa
Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by Vixenn(f): 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2022
The father in Germany ought to be responsible for weekly upkeep

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by Lightway: 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2022
Women are angels.

Women can do no harm

Women are good

Do not hurt a woman

Love and cherish her...

Mumu.... Fools... Death to all simps

88 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by ImoleNaija: 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2022
told Vanguard Metro that he fainted twice out of shock when his wife broke the news.

May we not experience such a shock. It has claimed many lives.

It did not end there, they ordered me to return the phone I seized to her and pay N5,000 weekly, for the family upkeep.

Upkeep kee them there - not until the rest are confirmed to be his.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by Mophor: 2:12pm On Jan 21, 2022
Issokay!!!
Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by IboHausaYoruba: 2:12pm On Jan 21, 2022
Hmmn! I can imagine the kind of mental torture the man would be going through right now. Women! Women! Women!

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by b3llo(m): 2:12pm On Jan 21, 2022
Hmmm
Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by Sabadon(m): 2:12pm On Jan 21, 2022
Take heart

5 Likes

Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:13pm On Jan 21, 2022
LordReed:

And jt go get counter wey go show how many punna he don enter. Equation balance.
Gbam!

50/50........no cheating!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by jrusky(m): 2:13pm On Jan 21, 2022
Bomb blast!!!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:13pm On Jan 21, 2022
MeatSeller:
Jesu
Kristi........ shocked

(How is the meat business going sis?
God bless our hustle.
It will end in praise)

jrusky:
Bomb blast!!!
Dis one pass BOMB BLAST o....

More like a Volcano

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by 9jaBloke: 2:13pm On Jan 21, 2022
cry
Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by IMASTEX: 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2022
I think it's high time laws are put in place to sentence offenders of paternity fraud before the victims resolve to self help.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by sotall(m): 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2022
cool
Re: I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child by paulolee(m): 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2022
no be today dm don de scam men..omo DNA test sure for all my kids wen time reach

33 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Newly Married Lady Got Stuck In Sex With Another Man In School Caught By Husband / My Wife Is Not Interested In Sex Anymore / Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.