Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,194 members, 7,953,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:54 PM

The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor (67341 Views)

Nigeria’s First ‘Airport Wedding’ At Murtala Muhammed Airport Terminal 2 / New Terminal Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport Commissioned By Buhari / An Overview Of The 10 Lane Oshodi-Murtala Muhammed International Airport - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 11, 2021
@LASG the only state with innate rent-seeking abilities grin grin grin
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by bolacode: 9:46pm On Jan 11, 2021
Femijohn198:
nothing is working in this country anymore,even the president is not functioning.we need Revolution of new Nigeria

balkanization instead. no one fixes a Contraption

2 Likes

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by idahme(m): 9:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
bentlywills:
And these FAAN officials be begging money like there life depends on it....so disgusting

Disgusting is an understatement, don't they receive salaries? Every public institution in Nigeria is just filled with corrupt individuals, no one is an exception from NIMC, NPF, NA, INEC, CUSTOM, FRSC, the list is endless.
The worst part is that they don't even have an atom of shame while carrying out their nefarious activities.

3 Likes

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by GRACEGLORY: 9:51pm On Jan 11, 2021
We can’t continue to ignore nor encourage corruption in Nigeria. It’s wickedness
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Femeto: 9:57pm On Jan 11, 2021
� ��Let me shock you. Those boys that towed your car self dey settle FAAN. Naija na cruise. You are on your own. Have you wondered what FAAN are using the 200million they make from the tollgate monthly for? Nothing to show for it. Pot holes every where and no street lights. Even the airport road leading to 7 and 8 it was Lagos state that built it.

2 Likes

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 11, 2021
Until we remove power from this Hausa people Who knows nothing about governance, nothing is going to change in this ZOO called a country

2 Likes

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by K4daniel: 10:18pm On Jan 11, 2021
Its appalling to know that these agencies (faan and FRSC)are meant to direct people and help them resolve any issues at the airport. But they are after you. Setting a trap and making you fall is just wickedness.

My advice to anyone going to Lagos International Airport is to do your home work before moving out to pick your relations . Do not park anywhere at Lagos Airport no matter the rush, plan your journey before you go, locate the parking lounge for arrival if you were driving, if you don't know the road pls pay a taxi cab or take uber because those taxi cab understand the latest terrain..

Sometimes, your Google map can misdirect people, so when you locate the right parking space still ask questions to know if you were at the right packing stand , before you enter the airport ask questions outside from other motorist about inside.

These will give you confident never assume you know it all.As your confident could lead you to a fine.

1 Like

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 11, 2021
Letalkme:
What a country... Some people feel joy defrauding other people but forget tomorrow

It's a cultural thing now, the average Nigerian is a scammer. The number of legitimate rich business men are not up to 50. Check out the so called billionaires owing AMCON, you will weep!
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by ipswitch: 10:21pm On Jan 11, 2021
Seems a big sin to live now in Nigeria. This is extortion.

1 Like

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by babyboy1: 10:23pm On Jan 11, 2021
My advise to anyone going to the Airport to pick up someone, move straight to the new car pack and safe Yourself all the embarrassment. It's just #500 only thanks

1 Like

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by poiZon: 10:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
sholay2011:
This is just sad. Then, we will be complaining about our leaders but the truth is the average Nigerian does not really care about the other person.
Those guys r working for someone who is the LEADER.

1 Like

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by tellwisdom: 10:35pm On Jan 11, 2021
I was going to create a similar thread Out of my own personal experience when I found this post.

The level of fraud and extortion in our Nigerian airport is alarming and shameful.

I was heading out few days ago when the immigration guy by the name A.O oshinowo( Dark in complexion)Indirectly asked if I was a first timer; I answered in the affirmative. Immediately, he transferred me to his colleague to ask me too many unnecessary question in a bid to extort me.

This day, I found some aged men seated at the back watching how everything is being played out.

1 Like

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Qc1(m): 10:48pm On Jan 11, 2021
lalasticlala:
A Nigerian Twitter user Patrick @patricknwaforr has shared his bitter experience at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.

Source: https://twitter.com/patricknwaforr/status/1348360865297391619?s=19

Same crap happened to me like two months ago. Same way I was directed by the cops to the parking lot and same blue uniform guys hijacked my car claiming I had to pay N50k. One of them jumped inside my car and drove it to their office and I paid N10, 500. I didn't even have any cash on me so they called one mallam who helped with the money transfer with extra N500 fee. My only regret was that I didn't beat the shit out of the guy that drove my car. I swear I could have almost beat him to death with the anger inside of me that night. I kept calm because my wife was also in the car with me.
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Didi2d(m): 10:52pm On Jan 11, 2021
fdigital:
If you are driving on any lonely express and someone suddenly stones a raw egg to your wind shield please not turn on your wiper keep driving on. Because the moment you turn on your wiper it will blurry your wind shield and you will have no other option than to slow down and perhaps stop accelerating, the moment you do that you have fallen into hands of arm rubbers or kidnapers who will be waiting for you farther ahead for you to fall pray. so be informed, it is there latest trick now.

Reminds me of a colleague that bought a car some years back.
This guy was driving and suddenly another car bashed his car, my colleague pulled over in other to check his car, guess what? Those guys are armed robbers. They simply collected his car key and drove off, till today
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by showafrica(m): 11:00pm On Jan 11, 2021
sholay2011:
This is just sad. Then, we will be complaining about our leaders but the truth is the average Nigerian does not really care about the other person.

Reason is no sense of belonging. Nigeria is no mans land, its just a lugard company who died long time ago so the new ceos just loot as much as they can and run away same with the staffs (citizens)

1 Like

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Yankee101: 11:09pm On Jan 11, 2021
Avoid lagos

No one tries that nonsense in abuja.

Too many big men. You no know who be who

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Nielbaba(m): 11:09pm On Jan 11, 2021
doggedfighter:
Daylight robbery by FRSC in conjunction with touts and thugs.

My fear is those touts may kill somebody one day because of 10500.

A tout has no business with common sense.

His eyes is on his share and the weed it can afford him

And can go all out to get the money

People are not rushing abroad for economic reasons.

They're doing so for their sanity !
So sad.
I fell victim 2017 when d new park was newly launched and I never knew the open space no longer fuction , almost same expirence with op , paid 10,500 oo .when driving into the new park too with anger I hit the signpost along the way up, befre I came back , Dem don clamp my tyres , as Dem come see say na white I come pick .d rest na story lol

1 Like

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by oglalasioux(m): 11:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
Abuja traffic policemen will use paper to cover road signs, especially u-turns, then hide behind trees and abandoned vehicles. If you are new in Abuja, good luck to you because these guys will use you to make up for whatever they feel their ogas and politicians are denying them.

1 Like

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Coolcalmcollect(m): 11:13pm On Jan 11, 2021
lalasticlala:
A Nigerian Twitter user Patrick @patricknwaforr has shared his bitter experience at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.

I hope you went back to hit the two frsc officers with your car? cos if na me I go conderm their legs that night walai

1 Like

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by hollaryincar(m): 11:18pm On Jan 11, 2021
Same thing happened to me last month. Was heading to the airport after the toll plaza, I slowed down to get directions, before I could say jack, they've clamped by tyre

Those guys are animals, it's a very bitter experience. Paid 5500 after spending d whole day at there office.

I still have the videos and their yeye receipt
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Mrceragem: 11:19pm On Jan 11, 2021
lalasticlala:

you need to have army friend possibly major
or a navy friend possibly captain.

I recall when lastma was flexing their power in lagos that year.
i was returning from children hospital going to Navy hospital
at that onika stadium followed wrong turn to beat traffic.
the 4 lastman just rush out and blocked me I just told them i am rushing to meet an appointment at Navy office. they were like ogbenmi no want to corporate. i put a call across to my Navy Friend and he talk to them. Next they even clear way for me to go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by madjune(m): 11:37pm On Jan 11, 2021
This extortion format started with the ikeja FRSC.

Those guys were evil in their schemes back then, I'm sure nothing has changed.

1 Like

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Emeka71(m): 11:37pm On Jan 11, 2021
Too bad.
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by emmyluvly(m): 11:42pm On Jan 11, 2021
It happened to me ooo. I paid 5500 after pleading for a long time. They gave me a receipt too
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Austema(m): 11:45pm On Jan 11, 2021
Yankee101:
Avoid lagos
you are very correct, no one tries this in Abuja

1 Like

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Austema(m): 11:46pm On Jan 11, 2021
Yankee101:
Avoid lagos
you are very correct, no one tries this in Abuja

1 Like

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by tayor3(m): 11:47pm On Jan 11, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
what is right here now....you don high again uh?

1 Like

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Austema(m): 11:52pm On Jan 11, 2021
imokings:
I have encountered similar case like this before at the airport and I look up and down nobody want to listen to me and I decided to call a number I saw on SERVICOM when I browse their contacts on google and luck on me a man pick and said I should give their team leader the phone and after speaking with them immediately they release my keys and get my tire pulp without a dine. Note; Anytime someone tries to intimidate u in any Government parastatals just call SERVICOM.
thank you for this information, I never knew SERVICOM is all that active

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state / Pius Adesanmi's Wife Tells To Daughter About His Death Via Ethiopian Plane Crash / Second Niger Bridge Julius Berger Made Provision For Train Tunnel(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.