Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:41 PM

The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor (67340 Views)

Nigeria’s First ‘Airport Wedding’ At Murtala Muhammed Airport Terminal 2 / New Terminal Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport Commissioned By Buhari / An Overview Of The 10 Lane Oshodi-Murtala Muhammed International Airport - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by walkingshadow911: 11:55pm On Jan 11, 2021
Solatium:

God bless you for this submission.
they will still come out to argue with despite the simple explanation.
An average Nigerian love finger pointing,they will never agreed they themselves are worse than the leaders

speak for ur self boy. are you saying we dont have good people in this country that can enforce law and order on the citizens?
a father of 3 with a pregnant wife who was owned 15 months salaries. do you expect him not to cut corner if he had the chance. talk less of the bad living condition of an average policeman. Go to a developed countries with cctv camera everywhere and do anyhow because u are the first Nigerian there. and see if dey wont bundle u like a dusbin. you must be feeding fat from your mummy's pot for u to think an average Nigerian wud just wake up and begin to live right under a very hash economic conditions deprived of basics needs of survival
the sovereignty of this country is in circles of wrong and evil hands and there is nothing the righteous can do about it. A government of ridicule that cant lead by example, less the masses should continue in suffering and smiling.
Excuse me kid

2 Likes

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Awani007(m): 12:02am On Jan 12, 2021
I was once a victim �‍♂️ Nigeria is bleeped up!!

1 Like

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by bathrooms(m): 12:09am On Jan 12, 2021
I was a victim of this so called FAAN Official touts...they dont have pity at all...my 3 year old daughter was crying, begging them- for where?...they collected 10500 from me before releasing my car.
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by solreb: 12:10am On Jan 12, 2021
This "official" trick has been on for some time. I had same issue in 2019 when I went to pick my daughter at the airport. I didn't realise that they had started using the new parking lot. So I just drove to the temporary that was being used during the constructionof the new one. No signs whatsoever. As I was just packing a guy just called my attention that it was wrong of me to come there and immediately clamped my car and towed it to their office. I paid N10500 painfully and saw a number of victims like myself. It is unfortunate that our government agencies make money "illegally"
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Nobody: 12:24am On Jan 12, 2021
That's the zoo for you.
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by santosrapheal(m): 12:34am On Jan 12, 2021
What a shameless country imagine at international airport , this frsc they are worst we need to protest against this frsc and even bros next time when you are going to the airport pls carry like 2 or 3 guys along with small pump action gun follow body this country don turn blood or blood
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by santosrapheal(m): 12:35am On Jan 12, 2021
What a shameless country imagine at international airport , this frsc they are worst we need to protest against this frsc and even bros next time when you are going to the airport pls carry like 2 or 3 guys along with small pump action gun follow body this country don turn blood for blood
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Gofwane(m): 1:01am On Jan 12, 2021
Reason why I am seriously saving money to obtain a Glock 17 this year. This country is a joke. You try this kind of nonsense with me, I squeeze the trigger on you and japa.

1 Like

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Fortune109: 1:04am On Jan 12, 2021
I fell in same trap twice in 2020...0ne was in international Airport, another in local Airport.

So so pathetic...

Only God can deliver this country
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by macmarley(m): 1:18am On Jan 12, 2021
Same thing happened to me some months ago... after along argument I paid 2000 to them in front of the military men
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Tundex911: 1:31am On Jan 12, 2021
Assuming say law dey this country you for just sue them all...

Then make una meet in court of law
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Slimpotter(m): 2:33am On Jan 12, 2021
doggedfighter:
Daylight robbery by FRSC in conjunction with touts and thugs.

My fear is those touts may kill somebody one day because of 10500.

A tout has no business with common sense.

His eyes is on his share and the weed it can afford him

And can go all out to get the money

People are not rushing abroad for economic reasons.

They're doing so for their sanity !
So sad.

They're doing so for their sanity !
This is the whole point of it. sanity. Nigeria is not a normal country.
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by DedeNkem: 3:46am On Jan 12, 2021
All the government agencies are massively corrupt!
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by kart042000(m): 3:47am On Jan 12, 2021
This happened to me far back 2013, I got to the airport by 5.30am to pick up my fiancee who just got into the country.
I didn't park, i only stopped the car by the road side to make a call to know which area she was, this 2 guys jumped out of no where to clamp the tires.
Same story, they collected 10k, at their office everyone was smoking weed.

Very shameful country, the officials at the airport are complicit.
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by ceeceeco: 6:19am On Jan 12, 2021
NextD18:
An average Nigerian is a potential criminal looking for who to outsmart and cheat.

It's so bad and dangerous that I even find it difficult to respond to greetings from strangers.

Me in the bank.....

Stranger: Hello do you know where I can e sksuv pzct sltyesp aldbe dkeg?

Before you even finish, you won't see me.
Typical me.
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by samsongbemisola(m): 6:24am On Jan 12, 2021
same thing happened to my cousin who just started Uber was arrested for driving 1way. The road is a single line so he was not aware it was a 1 way. The officials saw him he entered the road n they didn't stop him until he realized that his car is the only car passing that route n he sensed it one way then he turned n try to go back only for the officials that arrest him n collected 6k from him.
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by ceeceeco: 6:25am On Jan 12, 2021
UDUJ:
Nigerian airports the only airports in the world where begging is now a culture. It's gets really embarrassing. Everybody from immigration and passport control, customs, baggage staff and others at luggage check points all asking anything for the boys every single time. Even those baggage handlers at the tarmac when you go to identify your luggage for local flights before entering the plane, after showing them your luggage the next thing bros I can send it to the front of the luggage carousel so you don't wait too long for your luggage once you land at the arrivals area, just find me small thing. Nobody does anything for free over there. You even have to give them tips for performing their jobs. I tire for this country. We have a very long way to go.
Corruption has eaten Nigerians so deep that they can never come out of it. The country is so useless.
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by PAO429: 6:46am On Jan 12, 2021
Same stuff happened to me , I parked to drop off a friend traveling to China and they came for me that I parked at the wrong place and looking at where I parked , other cars where there no sign and they said it for staff ... I was so mad , they won’t tell u when u about parking . 5k debit that night
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by kollins2345: 7:12am On Jan 12, 2021
FAAN is the most fraudulent AND useless Government body in lagos,am saying these just because i dont know how they operate in other part of the country.i work at NACHO 1.they collect toll gate charges 2 another charges before entering NACHO gate starting from 600 naira which it states car park chages 3 they will collect another charges at rate of 400 car park imagine you have anything doing inside nacho this is what you should expect.
That only nacho visitor for u oooo ,we agent only pay toll gate and parking space fee in every cargo eighter export or import we do 7 naira per kg plus TVS charges which depends on the kgs of your cargo inluding TSA charges.
At the garage they act as the agbero 500 naira ticket from each buses plying the route on daily bases talking of the yellow busses not shutle after that in the morning they have their own tout that collect 100 naira each time u pick a passenger with all these money i didnt made mention of airports shuttle cause i dont know how they are charge i cant even count shops and containers in nacho that pays 1,000,000 per year upon all these billlions they cant even clear a gutter not talking fixing a pot hole nach is the most dirty place within the aiport area .

1 Like

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Lightorder: 7:13am On Jan 12, 2021
HolinessForever:
Shame on the Federal road safety Commission..
Shame on FAAN
It's a Disgrace and a Shame to Condescend this low to rip your own Citizens..
Once again , Shame
a lot of Nigerians are busy heaping some generational curses upon their innocent families in the name of hustle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by bewla(m): 7:17am On Jan 12, 2021
HolinessForever:
Shame on the Federal road safety Commission..
Shame on FAAN
It's a Disgrace and a Shame to Condescend this low to rip your own Citizens..
Once again , Shame
it's a shame survival of the fittest

Mandetors -its a rat race time them want to make us suffer

1 Like

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Solatium(m): 8:14am On Jan 12, 2021
walkingshadow911:

speak for ur self boy. are you saying we dont have good people in this country that can enforce law and order on the citizens?
a father of 3 with a pregnant wife who was owned 15 months salaries. do you expect him not to cut corner if he had the chance. talk less of the bad living condition of an average policeman. Go to a developed countries with cctv camera everywhere and do anyhow because u are the first Nigerian there. and see if dey wont bundle u like a dusbin. you must be feeding fat from your mummy's pot for u to think an average Nigerian wud just wake up and begin to live right under a very hash economic conditions deprived of basics needs of survival
the sovereignty of this country is in circles of wrong and evil hands and there is nothing the righteous can do about it. A government of ridicule that cant lead by example, less the masses should continue in suffering and smiling.
only a Nigerian politicians would tell u a saying something. Excuse me kid

Reason like yours is another pointer that Nigeria still have a long way to go.
How did a man that is owe 15 months salary has been surving if not through graft.
If you are honest enough,resign your position and look for paying job or you do something better with your life.
i will rather stay back at my home than to keep going to a place they owe me 15months salary.
The so call owed Worker will turn on people like you to survive since you are justifying their survival,that survival must also be at your expenses.

Your submission clearly indicate you are not a stable mind,you want a better country,yet you are justifying how someone will have to fleece others to survive all in the name of being owe salaries,how sure are you that when the so called owed salaries are paid the corrupt man will stop fleecing his fellow Nigerian?

i no blame you, people like you were raised with such an illicit money,major reason you don't see any wrong in that.

1 Like

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by OyinO: 8:17am On Jan 12, 2021
You'll find out they are all Christians claiming they'll go to Zeus' Greek Heaven. Thieves!
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by KayB: 8:32am On Jan 12, 2021
We're you given any receipt??
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by KayB: 8:32am On Jan 12, 2021
Were you given any receipt??
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by georgeakins: 8:54am On Jan 12, 2021
It is not a scam. My vehicle was toyed in 2015 because I parked at the wrong place. I paid N10,500 because it was an SUV. Cars are supposed to pay N5,000.

But I don't know if the money realised is being accounted for, because the receipt given to me looked fake, it has no duplicate.
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by drmikeadams(m): 9:46am On Jan 12, 2021
Someone7:
They never jam yet. Make them go touch soldier car by mistake first. I remember when one so called task force went to clam an air force officers car thinking it's an Uber driver's car. They even deflated one tire and removed another. Meanwhile the officer sat at a distance watching them.

When he came na with beating he start to question the task force oga. Before the task force people gathered more soldiers appeared from nowhere. Imagine beating the oga with belt and boot while he was fixing the tires.

One day these idiots will meet their match.

Haha this one make me forget say I got big problem way dey giv me depression
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Texs: 10:36am On Jan 12, 2021
I was a victim of similar scam in Isheri area, Lagos on my last visit from abroad, what saved me was some passer-by about three men came aggressively using their phone to record these four scumbags who attacked and enter my vehicle. I was surprised the these scums me and my architect have be asking for explanation from suddenly ran away from my car. You see, it's lack of proper leadership and governance that is responsible for things like this rule by thuggery. It used to be very rampant in Benin City where I'm from till about 4 years ago but, a proper leadership proscribed them and follow it up with law and implementation.
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by walkingshadow911: 10:45am On Jan 12, 2021
Solatium:

Reason like yours is another pointer that Nigeria still have a long way to go.
How did a man that is owe 15 months salary has been surving if not through graft.
If you are honest enough,resign your position and look for paying job or you do something better with your life.
i will rather stay back at my home than to keep going to a place they owe me 15months salary.
The so call owed Worker will turn on people like you to survive since you are justifying their survival,that survival must also be at your expenses.

you want a better country,yet you are justifying how someone will have to fleece others to survive all in the name of being owe salaries,how sure are you that when the so called owed salaries are paid the corrupt man will stop fleecing his fellow Nigerian?

i no blame you, people like you were raised with such an illicit money,major reason you don't see any wrong in that.

you will rather stay back at home, feeding fat from your mummy's pot. sinces your fantastically corrupt government had refused to provide common amenities and enact their primary assignments to curb crimes.

I dont like to engage kids on a faceless forum. now crawl back to yo mama
Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Charly68: 11:00am On Jan 12, 2021
Those who mislead the blind,God says Curse be upon them..they are collecting money not knowing they are activating curses upon themselves .

1 Like

Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by Solatium(m): 1:49pm On Jan 12, 2021
walkingshadow911:

you will rather stay back at home, feeding fat from your mummy's pot. sinces your fantastically corrupt government had refused to provide common amenities and enact their primary assignments to curb crimes.

I dont like to engage kids on a faceless forum. now crawl back to yo mama

it has been proven over time that it is immature and infantiles that throw insults like this.p
I do not need to bicker with you.
i do not need to tell you who I am,but i have 3 able body male and female that draw salaries from me monthly.
Still in doubt?
Go through my thread to either cry more or shut up forever

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state / Pius Adesanmi's Wife Tells To Daughter About His Death Via Ethiopian Plane Crash / Second Niger Bridge Julius Berger Made Provision For Train Tunnel(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.