Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? (28559 Views)

I Watched My Brother, Sani, Die - Dangote Tells Tinubu / $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs / BVN FORFEITURE ORDER: Stealing From The Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Manoftheyear: 6:51pm On Jan 12, 2021
Thank you Nairalanders, I really appreciate all your contributions, and from most of the comments here, I have made up my mind on what do.

Thanks once again my NL family .

God bless us all.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Stanley12328: 6:58pm On Jan 12, 2021
Please tell your brother, if you hide this from him then you are stealing from him indirectly...

He trust you that's why he asked u to look after his business, don't ruin that trust!!!

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:01pm On Jan 12, 2021
Ft
Manoftheyear:

I think this has been going on for long and my bro couldn't notice it because he is not always in shop, small small like this, shop go dey go down

You are SO, SO NOT SERIOUS... Putting a girl over your brother's business because she is a single girl... Iru iranu wo leleyi?

I wonder if you'll do so if it was a guy that was involved in this.

From stealing "small small", she'll start stealing"big big", till your brother's business runs down.

So, I'll advice you not to tell your brother, because the girl is a single girl and you'll halt her source of income. Infact, give her better ways of stealing from him so that she'll get more money. You know her child will soon pay school fees and she needs more money. Also, it's a new year and her house rent has expired, which she'll need to pay. So, please and please, show her more ways to steal from your brother

Thank you for banking with us.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:05pm On Jan 12, 2021
Bmaster:
See them, quoting NwaAmaikpe like say everybody is not entitled to his or her opinions or rather advice.

Drop your advice and stop all this holy acts over what NwaAmaikpe suggested.

They didn't even understand NwaAmaikpa was talking in sarcasm... The guy is just too good, seems they don't know him in Nairaland

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by blazepascal(m): 7:09pm On Jan 12, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The problems you listed are actually your answers.

Problem 1. Mind your business, what your brother does not know will not kill him besides you didn't say his business was doing badly because of her.

Problem 2. Forgive yourself.
Because

Problem 3.
She is a single mom who is vulnerable.
It is better she is cheating your brother to sustain her baby than she engages into prostitution.
If she dies from HIV or her baby dies from malnutrition because you made her lose her job or blocked her access..will you be able to forgive yourself?

She is young and attractive....you could as well start a relationship with her so that you can cater to her.
That way, what she steals is still within the family.

So in summary;
Mind your business and don't tell your brother. Forgive yourself for not telling your brother because the culprit is a single mother who needs to do what she is doing if she and her baby will survive.
u gave the worst advice.. tueeh ..so she should continue to steal ...rubbish ...what if its ur own business nnko
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by fof1: 7:11pm On Jan 12, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Problem 1. Mind your business, what your brother does not know will not kill him besides you didn't say his business was doing badly because of her.

Because

Problem 3.
It is better she is cheating your brother to sustain her baby than she engages into prostitution.
If she dies from HIV or her baby dies from malnutrition because you made her lose her job or blocked her access..will you be able to forgive yourself?

She is young and attractive....you could as well start a relationship with her so that you can cater to her.

So in summary;
Mind your business and don't tell your brother. Forgive yourself for not telling your brother because the culprit is a single mother who needs to do what she is doing if she and her baby will survive.

AM GROSSLY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU FOR SUCH A FRAUDULENT ADVISE. NO WONDER UR APC AFFILIATION IS APT. THIS IS HOW YOU RUN NIGERIA. Are U ignorantly Corrupt or U are Playing with this OP. Being a Single Mother is it an Excuse for FRAUDULENT Acts or Prostitution? What kind of Person are U really,Pls?
You do not have any sense of Morality.Covering up Fraud and Conscienceless Stealing is a very Bad LIFESTYLE Pls. She should be WARNED and Plzced under Observation. If no Changes,Fired immediately.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by blazepascal(m): 7:11pm On Jan 12, 2021
Bola146:
Don't tell your brother, but warn the woman to stop stealing. Your brother might be watching both of you please. I'll rather beg than to steal
nobody would not stop stealing as long as he /she has the chance
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by blazepascal(m): 7:13pm On Jan 12, 2021
Manoftheyear:

Yes I'm pitiful, but at the same time I don't want something that will affect my brother's business because that my bro no dey too dey shop. And na that girl dey hold the shop keys
guy tell your bro but try dey calm am down that's the best thing oo
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by blazepascal(m): 7:15pm On Jan 12, 2021
Possiblegee:
which kind advice this clown day advice like this grin grin
lol I think say na only me see am . arrant rubbish
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by habsydiamond(m): 7:16pm On Jan 12, 2021
Manoftheyear:

This your police officer Sha grin

Make I no kukuma talk wetin dey my

But on a serious note I have what you said, thanks for your contribution
u are welcome sir
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by blazepascal(m): 7:18pm On Jan 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
A thief is a thief no matter the gender and condition

I have seen some Simps trying to take caution with the thief because she is a female.

Go and report to your brother

Your brother business will soon crumble and you wont have food to eat.

I wonder how Nigerians think, the lack of taking responsibility is why this country is like this today.
the only reasonable comment so far
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 12, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Because

Problem 3.

So in summary;
This one can talk so much nonsense that he can't practice.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Originalsly: 7:24pm On Jan 12, 2021
Bro... your brother put you in charge of his business..... consider it your business... it is now yours to mind. Consider this.... your brother is a strict book keeper and everyday checks his sales and what he has remaining in stock. His salesgirl knows this... and does not risk stealing. He has gone now... and she took advantage of stealing. You say nothing... tell us about what you saw... you don't know what else she stole. When your brother returns.... checks his stock... and calculated that N300K merchandise was sold.... but only N200K is turned over and accounted for. He now knows that he was cheated out of N100k... now tell me who would be his prime suspect?.... and rightfully so? Is it then you will begin to explain?
At times we see a guy has several family members but choose a total stranger to run his business .... and we wonder why.
Bro... tell your brother... let him make the decision. If she is a single mother and need financial help... then give her out of your pocket. You are just assuming she is stealing to support her baby.... didn't also assume she can be stealing to support her man?... or lifestyle? Something is wrong with you to sit and watch someone destroy your brother's business.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by iykedrizzy(m): 7:34pm On Jan 12, 2021

Because

Problem 3.

So in summary;
Mind your business and don't tell your brother. Forgive yourself for not telling your brother because the culprit is a single mother who needs to do what she is doing if she and her baby will survive. [/quote]

as a Christian, you encourage stealing. you won't make heaven
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by grandstar(m): 7:37pm On Jan 12, 2021
Manoftheyear

I feel sorry for the girl, but I very sorry.

The truth is if she caught her own sales girl doing such, she won't take it lightly with her. I feel for her but it's best she goes.

The best way you can help her is to get her a private security job with a fast food restaurant. She can live off the tips from custimersand save her salary.

My worry is that she might start conniving with the staff to steal from the company if she's rely a thief. Poverty and need aren't the reason why some steal. Some steal because their conscience is dead and are painful insensitive to the welfare of anothers persons busibess.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by omoade1890(m): 7:47pm On Jan 12, 2021
i will like to see this differently, her being able to pilfer suggest the existence of loophole(s) in the business that she is just exploring.
since you are more experience in this particular business, you can advise your brother on measures to put in place that will seal all or most loopholes.
If it's a shop that deals with (countable) goods

1. There should be a solid inventory system that only your brother has access to modify

2. Before her pay every month, stock on hold must tally with sales and replenishment on that particular stock monthly and your brother should sign off the old month and the bigining of a new month on the sales book.

3. Multiple record keeping... the sales book for her and excel for your brother if he is proficient.

4. If possible, cash should be discouraged or use as a last resort. Pos and bank transfer should be encouraged... you can give her the sim to receive alert. (don't register for ussd banking on the sim)

This way you are saving your brothers business from her, saving yourself from you, and also saving her and her child from her.

Everybody win
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Lomprico2: 7:48pm On Jan 12, 2021
Manoftheyear:
Good day guys, happy New year to everyone, please I will make this post as brief as possible.

My brother asked me to help him look after his business when he wants to travel for Xmas, and it happens that I know much about the business, and he have a salesgirl too whom from my observation is a single mother though she is still very young.

Now this is the problem, since I started coming to that shop, I noticed this girl used to do some uncertain things (wuru wuru), so I decided to be more watchful and that's when I found out what she has been doing in the shop. I have caught her red handed in this act.

The first occasion was during last week Tuesday when we were about to close for the day and I was going through the sales book only for me to realized that the items we sold earlier in the day, the quantity in the book was different from what we actually sold, she minus some quantity and I called her to it and she acted as if it was a mistake, I acted as if nothing happened.

Second incident was last week Saturday, I was in the shop and one woman came to the shop with an Item she bought from our shop, so I was in my corner not minding them but I realized she came to complain of something to her and later bought another thing, I saw the item she came with so after the woman left, I called the girl and asked her when the woman bought that item, she said it was on Thursday, so after sometime, I went to the sales book to check if she wrote it, but I was shocked when I went through the whole week sales but I couldn't find it. I kept my cool, till in the evening when we were about to go and i asked her to show me where she wrote it, only for her to be going through over and over again, I asked her, I thought you said you sold this thing on Thursday and she said no.

Now because we have closed for the day, she wrote it as Monday sales, but I keep wondering if it was only this item that the woman bought. Even is she sold it on Thursday and forget to write it down, the Money would have reflected after the close of the day, but it didn't, that means she intentionally stole the money. She is the one with shop keys and she opens the shop before i come every morning.

Now my problems are

1. I love minding my business

2. It's my brother's business which he entrusted to me to look after for him, so if after finding out all these things and still keep it to myself, if anything goes wrong in future I won't forgive myself.

3. This lady is a single mother and very young, I assume this is the only place she gets what she's using to take care of her herself and her baby, I really feel for her and I know she is going to loose her job if my brother gets to know about this.

Please what should I do?

Please forgive my errors, I'm not perfect

it's like you are fuckìng the girl.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by 123papas(m): 7:51pm On Jan 12, 2021
Report her
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Papadoh(m): 8:08pm On Jan 12, 2021
thesicilian:
1. You claim you want to mind your own business, but the fact that you were put in charge of the shop in your brother's absence makes that shop your business.

2. Being a single mom is not an excuse for stealing. As long as she's being paid her agreed salary.

3. The only reason I can think of that would make you be wondering whether to tell your own brother or not about his salesgirl that his robbing him blind is if you're sleeping with her.

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by taylormed2(m): 8:17pm On Jan 12, 2021
Op don't tell her oh

Tomorrow now she go say you try rape am she no gree na y u de concoct this story to sack am

Tell your bros in a coded way or if you tell her record the convo for your safety before saph go open thread with your name tomorrow. grin grin

Your brother's business is your business, you are your brothers keeper. You can try to increase her salary if you don't want to sack her but if she continues throw her out
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by taylormed2(m): 8:19pm On Jan 12, 2021
omoade1890:

This way you are saving your brothers business from her, saving yourself from you, and also saving her and her child from her.

Everybody win

Words of the wise
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Omogoddy: 8:33pm On Jan 12, 2021
Report her fast before she sends your bro back to the village.
Most businesses gets their capital from loans.
And the thief will steal both capital and profit
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 12, 2021
Tell ur bro. Don't let her wreck ur brother. Blood is thicker than water. You may leave to regret the aftermath cos it will still come back to you
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Strech(m): 8:34pm On Jan 12, 2021
Come to think of it, you know weather na your brother get the pikin?
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by kelz991: 8:44pm On Jan 12, 2021
[quote author=NwaAmaikpe post=97976872] shocked

Because

Problem 3.
If she dies from HIV or her baby dies from malnutrition because you made her lose her job or blocked her access..will you be able to forgive yourself?[s][/s]

I think this response is highly misguiding and poorly thought after before dropping it here..
Your predicament shouldn't be an excuse to cheat someone who pays you.
If you so need assistance or a salary lift, why not bring it to your bosses attention.
Stop encouraging people to steal.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by zoogy2007: 9:01pm On Jan 12, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Because

Problem 3.

So in summary;

Did you really say this or are you kiding?
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by germaphobe(m): 9:23pm On Jan 12, 2021
[quote author=WoundedLamb post=97986106]You caught a thief stealing from your own brother and you're contemplating looking the other way and allowing her to continue? You know that would make you an accomplice right? How do you think your brother would feel if he found out you knew someone was sucking him dry and did nothing about it? Being a single mother makes stealing OK? I've never been in her position but provided your brother is paying her, I'm sincerely shocked by the fact that you're slightly justifying her. How is the well being of your brother's business not your business? Asides the fact that he's your brother, does he not aid you with the money he makes from that same business? What then are you doing there in the first place if you can't report such things? Maybe you'd also mind your business if you caught her slitting your brother's throat. Please, tell him. If not for anything, for the fact that it's right thing to do. nice sense of humour, lol.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by lekonso: 9:26pm On Jan 12, 2021
A thief is a thief. She is not stealing because she is a single mother, she is stealing because she is a thief. One thing i know is that, if you don't tell your brother, she can run down that shop with time, thereby putting your brother into loss, and if your brother gets to know later, and you are now telling him thereafter, he will blame you. So decide what to do by yourself
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by capnies: 9:36pm On Jan 12, 2021
[quote author=Manoftheyear post=97977104]

Honestly, some friends I have related this to said I should tell my brother[/quote

IF you don't tell your brother it means if you see poison you will kill your brother. You must tell him because the girl is killing your brother slowly and God brought you to reveal it, your brother may not be as observant as you TELL YOUR BROTHER NOW
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 12, 2021
No. Don't tell him. Tell her to keep it up angry
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by culf: 10:44pm On Jan 12, 2021
why not call her and advice her??
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by spiralwedge(m): 11:24pm On Jan 12, 2021
Manoftheyear:
Good day guys, happy New year to everyone, please I will make this post as brief as possible.

My brother asked me to help him look after his business when he wants to travel for Xmas, and it happens that I know much about the business, and he have a salesgirl too whom from my observation is a single mother though she is still very young.

Now this is the problem, since I started coming to that shop, I noticed this girl used to do some uncertain things (wuru wuru), so I decided to be more watchful and that's when I found out what she has been doing in the shop. I have caught her red handed in this act.

The first occasion was during last week Tuesday when we were about to close for the day and I was going through the sales book only for me to realized that the items we sold earlier in the day, the quantity in the book was different from what we actually sold, she minus some quantity and I called her to it and she acted as if it was a mistake, I acted as if nothing happened.

Second incident was last week Saturday, I was in the shop and one woman came to the shop with an Item she bought from our shop, so I was in my corner not minding them but I realized she came to complain of something to her and later bought another thing, I saw the item she came with so after the woman left, I called the girl and asked her when the woman bought that item, she said it was on Thursday, so after sometime, I went to the sales book to check if she wrote it, but I was shocked when I went through the whole week sales but I couldn't find it. I kept my cool, till in the evening when we were about to go and i asked her to show me where she wrote it, only for her to be going through over and over again, I asked her, I thought you said you sold this thing on Thursday and she said no.

Now because we have closed for the day, she wrote it as Monday sales, but I keep wondering if it was only this item that the woman bought. Even is she sold it on Thursday and forget to write it down, the Money would have reflected after the close of the day, but it didn't, that means she intentionally stole the money. She is the one with shop keys and she opens the shop before i come every morning.

Now my problems are

1. I love minding my business

2. It's my brother's business which he entrusted to me to look after for him, so if after finding out all these things and still keep it to myself, if anything goes wrong in future I won't forgive myself.

3. This lady is a single mother and very young, I assume this is the only place she gets what she's using to take care of her herself and her baby, I really feel for her and I know she is going to loose her job if my brother gets to know about this.

Please what should I do?

Please forgive my errors, I'm not perfect

Collect the keys first and come early to open it by yourself for few days. She will panic and come to see you.

When she comes to see you, let her know you are aware of her theft. And that you are contemplating reporting her to your brother or sack her yourself.

She would beg.

Then warm her that if you notice any theft again, you would report her and she'd be sacked.

Then start doing stock out. Find a Friday or Saturday, and tell her to count the whole stock on paper. Then cross-check
Every weekend, both of you should count the whole stock and you should cross-check with sales book to know all is well.

Any missing item in the stock that is not recorded in the sales book or creditors book (if you have), should be deducted from her salary.

Also give her incentives after taking stock on weekends and accounts are balance. Give her something for her kid(s).

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With / See The 3 Online Business That Can Supplement Your Monthly Salary / Five Oil Exporters Affected By Currency Devaluation Most

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.