Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? (28526 Views)

I Watched My Brother, Sani, Die - Dangote Tells Tinubu / $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs / BVN FORFEITURE ORDER: Stealing From The Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by OGWILLS123: 4:58pm On Jan 12, 2021
feeloscar:
If you are the owner, you sure will go bankrupt sooner than you could imagine, if not, then you may be doing some 'wuru wuru'.
How will i go bankrupt when i know the amount of stocks in my shop undecided , the only thing i keep track of, is my expenses
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Adeplus: 4:59pm On Jan 12, 2021
Manoftheyear:
Good day guys, happy New year to everyone, please I will make this post as brief as possible.

My brother asked me to help him look after his business when he wants to travel for Xmas, and it happens that I know much about the business, and he have a salesgirl too whom from my observation is a single mother though she is still very young.

Now this is the problem, since I started coming to that shop, I noticed this girl used to do some uncertain things (wuru wuru), so I decided to be more watchful and that's when I found out what she has been doing in the shop. I have caught her red handed in this act.

The first occasion was during last week Tuesday when we were about to close for the day and I was going through the sales book only for me to realized that the items we sold earlier in the day, the quantity in the book was different from what we actually sold, she minus some quantity and I called her to it and she acted as if it was a mistake, I acted as if nothing happened.

Second incident was last week Saturday, I was in the shop and one woman came to the shop with an Item she bought from our shop, so I was in my corner not minding them but I realized she came to complain of something to her and later bought another thing, I saw the item she came with so after the woman left, I called the girl and asked her when the woman bought that item, she said it was on Thursday, so after sometime, I went to the sales book to check if she wrote it, but I was shocked when I went through the whole week sales but I couldn't find it. I kept my cool, till in the evening when we were about to go and i asked her to show me where she wrote it, only for her to be going through over and over again, I asked her, I thought you said you sold this thing on Thursday and she said no.

Now because we have closed for the day, she wrote it as Monday sales, but I keep wondering if it was only this item that the woman bought. Even is she sold it on Thursday and forget to write it down, the Money would have reflected after the close of the day, but it didn't, that means she intentionally stole the money. She is the one with shop keys and she opens the shop before i come every morning.

Now my problems are

1. I love minding my business

2. It's my brother's business which he entrusted to me to look after for him, so if after finding out all these things and still keep it to myself, if anything goes wrong in future I won't forgive myself.

3. This lady is a single mother and very young, I assume this is the only place she gets what she's using to take care of her herself and her baby, I really feel for her and I know she is going to loose her job if my brother gets to know about this.

Please what should I do?

Please forgive my errors, I'm not perfect

You said you love to mind your business which is cool to me if you were not called to help look over shop business.

But!!! You were called now the "minding your business" aspect is ruled out because you are deal with a second party "your brother" and a third party "sales girl" So! My guy tell your brother else the business will suffer and you will end up regretting why you didn't tell him.

I'm sorry she has to be sacked for theft and misconduct.

Case Closed.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by AljaanIVQ007(m): 5:02pm On Jan 12, 2021
thesicilian:
1. You claim you want to mind your own business, but the fact that you were put in charge of the shop in your brother's absence makes that shop your business.

2. Being a single mom is not an excuse for stealing. As long as she's being paid her agreed salary.

3. The only reason I can think of that would make you be wondering whether to tell your own brother or not about his salesgirl that his robbing him blind is if you're sleeping with her.

don't mind him, when he is going to ask his brother for financial support one day, and the brother says there is no money now, then he will understand that it is business too...

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Depressed101: 5:02pm On Jan 12, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The problems you listed are actually your answers.

Problem 1. Mind your business, what your brother does not know will not kill him besides you didn't say his business was doing badly because of her.

Problem 2. Forgive yourself.
Because

Problem 3.
She is a single mom who is vulnerable.
It is better she is cheating your brother to sustain her baby than she engages into prostitution.
If she dies from HIV or her baby dies from malnutrition because you made her lose her job or blocked her access..will you be able to forgive yourself?

She is young and attractive....you could as well start a relationship with her so that you can cater to her.
That way, what she steals is still within the family.

So in summary;
Mind your business and don't tell your brother. Forgive yourself for not telling your brother because the culprit is a single mother who needs to do what she is doing if she and her baby will survive.
this is a stupid analogy
.... Ah.... I didn't check the moniker before I replied....

Werey grin
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by ogub(m): 5:03pm On Jan 12, 2021
Manoftheyear:

She is sensing it already, acting somehow since yesterday.

She even volunteer to go and buy me food today, I systematically refused
and you think she's not smart

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by jacoik(m): 5:03pm On Jan 12, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Problem 1. Mind your business, what your brother does not know will not kill him besides you didn't say his business was doing badly because of her.

Because

Problem 3.
It is better she is cheating your brother to sustain her baby than she engages into prostitution.
If she dies from HIV or her baby dies from malnutrition because you made her lose her job or blocked her access..will you be able to forgive yourself?

She is young and attractive....you could as well start a relationship with her so that you can cater to her.

So in summary;
Mind your business and don't tell your brother. Forgive yourself for not telling your brother because the culprit is a single mother who needs to do what she is doing if she and her baby will survive.
you are very wicked. so until she wreck the shop and send the brother back to the village ehhhh? if it's your own business or your own brother saw that and didn't let you know how will you feel. do unto others what you will want them to do you

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by jacoik(m): 5:04pm On Jan 12, 2021
thesicilian:
1. You claim you want to mind your own business, but the fact that you were put in charge of the shop in your brother's absence makes that shop your business.

2. Being a single mom is not an excuse for stealing. As long as she's being paid her agreed salary.

3. The only reason I can think of that would make you be wondering whether to tell your own brother or not about his salesgirl that his robbing him blind is if you're sleeping with her.
you said it all. don't mind a stupid nwamamikpe that said otherwise

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by 4ckyou: 5:08pm On Jan 12, 2021
Manoftheyear:
Good day guys, happy New year to everyone, please I will make this post as brief as possible.

My brother asked me to help him look after his business when he wants to travel for Xmas, and it happens that I know much about the business, and he have a salesgirl too whom from my observation is a single mother though she is still very young.

Now this is the problem, since I started coming to that shop, I noticed this girl used to do some uncertain things (wuru wuru), so I decided to be more watchful and that's when I found out what she has been doing in the shop. I have caught her red handed in this act.

The first occasion was during last week Tuesday when we were about to close for the day and I was going through the sales book only for me to realized that the items we sold earlier in the day, the quantity in the book was different from what we actually sold, she minus some quantity and I called her to it and she acted as if it was a mistake, I acted as if nothing happened.

Second incident was last week Saturday, I was in the shop and one woman came to the shop with an Item she bought from our shop, so I was in my corner not minding them but I realized she came to complain of something to her and later bought another thing, I saw the item she came with so after the woman left, I called the girl and asked her when the woman bought that item, she said it was on Thursday, so after sometime, I went to the sales book to check if she wrote it, but I was shocked when I went through the whole week sales but I couldn't find it. I kept my cool, till in the evening when we were about to go and i asked her to show me where she wrote it, only for her to be going through over and over again, I asked her, I thought you said you sold this thing on Thursday and she said no.

Now because we have closed for the day, she wrote it as Monday sales, but I keep wondering if it was only this item that the woman bought. Even is she sold it on Thursday and forget to write it down, the Money would have reflected after the close of the day, but it didn't, that means she intentionally stole the money. She is the one with shop keys and she opens the shop before i come every morning.

Now my problems are

2. It's my brother's business which he entrusted to me to look after for him, so if after finding out all these things and still keep it to myself, if anything goes wrong in future I won't forgive myself.

3. This lady is a single mother and very young, I assume this is the only place she gets what she's using to take care of her herself and her baby, I really feel for her and I know she is going to loose her job if my brother gets to know about this.

Please what should I do?

Oga your brothers business is also your business oga, if it's you how will you feel? You better tell your brother before she bankrupt his business for him
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by idahme(m): 5:08pm On Jan 12, 2021
You seem not to know you are the interim CEO, a staff is depleting the resources of your organization and you are asking others what to do. You need to go for a leadership training.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by GoodFaith: 5:14pm On Jan 12, 2021
Manoftheyear:

Now my problems are

Please what should I do?

So your Brother business is not your business

You want the lady to kill your brother

Your brother should take the key

Your brother and you should be the first person at the shop to open the shop
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by adeboy2007(m): 5:14pm On Jan 12, 2021
Tell your brother.
If you warn her without the knowledge of your brother, don't be surprised to see her telling your brother bad things about you once you leave.

NB: Your brother's business is also your business, if things get worse for him, I know you won't be happy.

IF YOU TRULY LOVE AND CARE FOR YOUR BROTHER, TELL HIM

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Vikkygeee: 5:15pm On Jan 12, 2021
Its obvious you don't love your brother,if someone was stealing from my brother I don't care if she has 80kids I'm gonna report her,family first
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by ststyreal(f): 5:25pm On Jan 12, 2021
Manoftheyear:

Lol, come of it bro, nothing like that ever happened. I'm just being a human
If it is your business that is been handled this way, will you say you are been human?.... Do to people as you would they do unto you. She Don dey do that thing tey tey , so just tell your brother what you saw or noticed and leave him to make his decisions.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by toprealman: 5:26pm On Jan 12, 2021
You don not like minding your business bro
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by yankison(m): 5:26pm On Jan 12, 2021
She would ruin your brother's business ..I have been down the road ..as a business man you don't pity a manipulative employee haba you want to leave her to continue ruining the business .. your eye would clear when she does a bigger damage and flee .. Clear your brother man or you take it upon yourself to Scold her .I would be glad if you can just collect the keys to the shop from her or just find a way to stop her stealing to ruin the business . It's not easy to put A business together man
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by bigiyaro(m): 5:27pm On Jan 12, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Because

Problem 3.

So in summary;
you wrote trash abeg.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Icetech: 5:30pm On Jan 12, 2021
It depends on the amount of money generated in the shop anyway. It's always advisable to employ a cashier that holds and records cash transactions and a sales girl that keeps inventory and records items sold. Let your brother employ a cashier, simple.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 12, 2021
No employee is perfect, u just have t ensure accountability, d evidence of theft isnt overwhelming t warrant a sack
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 12, 2021
Tell him,bt d evidence of theft isnt overwhelming t warrant a sack, no matter hw sowie she is, is left 4 ur bro t decide
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2021
The truth is that 98.979% of of sales girls/boys will steal if not closely monitored. They always find a way of diverting money.
Even if she is sacked, the next sales girl will do same or even worst if not closely monitored.

The only person that can run a business and the owner will have rest of mind is the owner.

If you are not also stealing from the business, let your brother know about it but tell him you have started monitoring her. Then, learn to take stock and go through the sales books more often
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by egopersonified(f): 5:57pm On Jan 12, 2021
manoftheyear, please forget that warning her to make her stop. A thief will always be a thief, there are people surviving on half her salary. The issue here is to employ someone else, train the person for a week, teach them how to enter everything sold and spent in the sales book, your brother should calculate and Mark where he collects money from her and always give her back a specific amount of change, like 5k Everytime he collects money, so if she sold 20k,she will have 25k because she would add it to the change with her. If there is any excess, which will occur out of human error and not stealing, it should be noted down.

But the most important aspect in a one man business is not writing down sales but how do you detective shortage in stock. Ask your brother to open a ledger book where everything in the store will be counted and the quantities entered, then she should minus the total of each days sales from the total and add any item brought into the shop. If your brother can't do this, he can employ a supervisor or manager solely to post. If he says he can't pay another person, let him know he is already paying three people as a result of stealing.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Cantonese: 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Because

Problem 3.

So in summary;

Na wah for this kind advise o. If na your own and person do you so how you go feel?
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by marsup: 6:05pm On Jan 12, 2021
Manoftheyear:

Now my problems are

Please what should I do?

Family first. There is no justification for stealing, no matter the reason. She can inflate prices, and take the difference as long as she doesn't tamper with the company's sales. Is she not getting paid? For heavens sake, your brother entrusted the shop to you, shouldn't that be enough reason to pay attention to what goes on there?There are times to mind your business........this is not the time.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Charisma01: 6:05pm On Jan 12, 2021
Manoftheyear:

She has been behaving somehow since yesterday, sometimes lost in thought and I know it's because of what happened on Saturday because there is no way she can cover it up

Simple. Tell your brother to install cctv.
That way he'll find out for himself and your conscience will be freed of being responsible for getting her fired.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by paulpery: 6:07pm On Jan 12, 2021
@ op,dont let emotions overtake you. At the end of the day., ,balance the account by comparing what is in the sales book with money in the drawer . Your brother should be doing same even if you leave. Alert your brother(tell him to be watchful). don't tell him you caught her red-handed.warn the sales girl,and that if happens again,you would tell on her.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by thymm50(m): 6:08pm On Jan 12, 2021
Manoftheyear:

Now my problems are

Please what should I do?

You should let your brother know about it. Still beg your brother to give her a second chance and monitor her carefully in future, but if he is not comfortable with having her around he should pay her off with at least one month wages to manage herself until she figures out her next move. The final decision belongs to your brother
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Coinbased: 6:11pm On Jan 12, 2021
Oh
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Bosun13: 6:19pm On Jan 12, 2021
Go sit down!
Wtin concern u!
No be everything wey eyes see dey tlk.
If u tell your brother...that means na u scattered your brother biz...thank u
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by NickD(m): 6:22pm On Jan 12, 2021
Manoftheyear:

Now my problems are

Please what should I do?

Tell your brother before she runs his business down and sends him back to the village. Anybody telling you to do otherwise doesn't have you and your brothers interest at heart. She is stealing no need sugar coating it.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Ofon0909(f): 6:41pm On Jan 12, 2021
How would you feel if you told your brother to look after your shop, your sales girl steals from your shop and your brother refuses to tell you.
It means you can see someone trying to hurt your brother or kill your own brother but you choose to ignore becos of unbefitting excuses.
Tell your brother his sales girl is stealing from him. That is the right thing to do.
Do unto others what you want others to do unto you.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 12, 2021
Manoftheyear:

Now my problems are

Please what should I do?

Dis Matter Is Really Complicating. Do U Know What? If It Is Possible, Try & Convince Ur Brother To Put Someone Else In Dat Position While She Assist Or Take Another Duty In D Shop Or U Can Take D Position.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Manoftheyear: 6:48pm On Jan 12, 2021
habsydiamond:
ur brother is ur family, u can't be looking at her stealing from ur family cos this is not public fund that everybody dive in to. Inform ur brother once he his back and make sure he send the girl packing cos she can't stop such act... Guide ur family against outside thieves ooo... Incase u need to arrest the girl I get officer for that

This your police officer Sha grin

Make I no kukuma talk wetin dey my

But on a serious note I have what you said, thanks for your contribution

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Not For Me: Osun Man Laments As He Pays 600 For Printing A 3-Page Document / Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account / CBN Directs Banks To Pay Customers With ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, ₦10, ₦5 Over-The-Counter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.