Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,731 members, 7,955,780 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:51 PM

My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? (28996 Views)

I Watched My Brother, Sani, Die - Dangote Tells Tinubu / $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs / BVN FORFEITURE ORDER: Stealing From The Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by bummyla(m): 12:02am On Jan 13, 2021
Abeg tell your brother, let him decide on what he wants to do with his salesgirl! How would you feel that someone is running down your business and your own brother is aware of it, but decided to mind his own business?

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Nnefada: 12:52am On Jan 13, 2021
@manoftheyear, please report her to your brother....... that's the reason you were asked to look after the shop. There's no justifiable reason for being a thief.
You still might not forgive yourself if she runs your brother down.....at the end of the day she go waka

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Nobody: 3:30am On Jan 13, 2021
The replies though, you are losing money , he is your brother (probably supports your family through the business) if the shop goes down it affects your family and you think minding your business is the answer okay. Anyways how much normally goes missing?
Being a shop owner I know my sales girl steals 200-500 often when hungry as a human I overlook and warn her sternly some times. Things hard but don't tell me it's not your business it became your the moment your Brother handed over to you. Peace

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Ohizman73(m): 4:24am On Jan 13, 2021
First as an intelligence analyst i have viewed and critically analyzed it and would state the plain analysis which bothers on advice on the situation before you. You claim you are his brother-A brother owns it a responsibility to defend with his last blood, the said interests of his brother. And defend him of said harm or ill doing. He put you as a kin to monitor his economic interests on his behalf while he goes to his village for xmas to which on his return you will depart to your station.
Meanwhile your very brief stay there you have observed critical issues(from what i can conclude its either your brother is illiterate or has other business interests to have overlooked some manipulations put by the sales girl,who is clearly ripping him off. Which is a very serious issue inview of the consequences to behold which are far reaching as would threathen the interest of your family overall. As you brother would sooner be put to ruin. You own it an obligation to tell your brother of your interesting findings, forget about emotions that the sales girl is a single mother. Mind you she is paided a monthly salary and your brother is not owning her.And of course she gets tips from time to time as a added incentive. the sales girl should be reprimanded and warned not to indulge in such again of cause she should be aware of the consequences -she would lose her source of livelihood. Then also tell your brother in the interim if possible get a family member/ close relative or another prospective sales girl. to help him or be emloyed in the stores to learn the intrigues of his business as a possible replacement before the girl is booted out,if she doesnt change (she should not be sacked immediately as there would nobody to inmmediately replace her). then also your brother should monitor more on his business interests even though he has other said interests. most importantly carry out an audit with your help to ascertain the level of damage. best wishes and Jah blessings

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Druss(m): 6:44am On Jan 13, 2021
Yampotatocarrot:

They didn't even understand NwaAmaikpa was talking in sarcasm... The guy is just too good, seems they don't know him in Nairaland

Sarcasm is often difficult to detect. This one was clear though and poking fun at the OP
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by mfm04622: 6:49am On Jan 13, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The problems you listed are actually your answers.

Problem 1. Mind your business, what your brother does not know will not kill him besides you didn't say his business was doing badly because of her.

Problem 2. Forgive yourself.
Because

Problem 3.
She is a single mom who is vulnerable.
It is better she is cheating your brother to sustain her baby than she engages into prostitution.
If she dies from HIV or her baby dies from malnutrition because you made her lose her job or blocked her access..will you be able to forgive yourself?

She is young and attractive....you could as well start a relationship with her so that you can cater to her.
That way, what she steals is still within the family.

So in summary;
Mind your business and don't tell your brother. Forgive yourself for not telling your brother because the culprit is a single mother who needs to do what she is doing if she and her baby will survive.
You are a thief! That is the only reason you can give such stupid advice!

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by mfm04622: 6:53am On Jan 13, 2021
Manoftheyear:

Honestly, some friends I have related this to said I should tell my brother

Tell your brother! Your brother's business is your business! If you don't that lady will run down the business and look for another job. What will then happen to your brother? Note that she is stealing the capital, not just the profit. So, in no time, the business will crumble if she is left with the business.
It is not your business what happens to her! She know stealing can lead to loss of her job and she decided to steal, so let her face consequences of her actions
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 13, 2021
sleep with her, is that not want you want?

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 13, 2021
Ohizman73:
First as an intelligence analyst i have viewed and critically analyzed it and would state the plain analysis which bothers on advice on the situation before you. You claim you are his brother-A brother owns it a responsibility to defend with his last blood, the said interests of his brother. And defend him of said harm or ill doing. He put you as a kin to monitor his economic interests on his behalf while he goes to his village for xmas to which on his return you will depart to your station.
Meanwhile your very brief stay there you have observed critical issues(from what i can conclude its either your brother is illiterate or has other business interests to have overlooked some manipulations put by the sales girl,who is clearly ripping him off. Which is a very serious issue inview of the consequences to behold which are far reaching as would threathen the interest of your family overall. As you brother would sooner be put to ruin. You own it an obligation to tell your brother of your interesting findings, forget about emotions that the sales girl is a single mother. Mind you she is paided a monthly salary and your brother is not owning her.And of course she gets tips from time to time as a added incentive. the sales girl should be reprimanded and warned not to indulge in such again of cause she should be aware of the consequences -she would lose her source of livelihood. Then also tell your brother in the interim if possible get a family member/ close relative or another prospective sales girl. to help him or be emloyed in the stores to learn the intrigues of his business as a possible replacement before the girl is booted out,if she doesnt change (she should not be sacked immediately as there would nobody to inmmediately replace her). then also your brother should monitor more on his business interests even though he has other said interests. most importantly carry out an audit with your help to ascertain the level of damage. best wishes and Jah blessings

my God! A simple yes or no would suffice, instead if blowing all these grammar, you still got an F BTW.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Wartsnigeria: 9:43am On Jan 13, 2021
nwokennewi:
The replies though, you are losing money , he is your brother (probably supports your family through the business) if the shop goes down it affects your family and you think minding your business is the answer okay. Anyways how much normally goes missing?
Being a shop owner I know my sales girl steals 200-500 often when hungry as a human I overlook and warn her sternly some times. Things hard but don't tell me it's not your business it became your the moment your Brother handed over to you. Peace

What is wrong with this country? Are these truly the leaders of tomorrow? How can you overlook stealing because you say it's just 500 naira? Anyway people like you also steal in other places hence you encourage that. You are indirectly destroying the life of that girl, in future she will steal more else where and end up in prison.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Wartsnigeria: 9:45am On Jan 13, 2021
nwokennewi:

This is why I always read thru past posts before I do any business with a nairalander, you can imagine doing business with somone like you, I'm certain you are not fra from being a scammer

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by OyinO: 9:51am On Jan 13, 2021
Bleep her if she's fuckable or just leave her. If you tell him and he sacks her, the new sales girl will still steal from him. As long as he's realising good profit, let her eat because where person dey work, naim e dey shop. What is workshop?
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by OyinO: 9:53am On Jan 13, 2021
Wartsnigeria:

This is why I always read thru past posts before I do any business with a nairalander, you can imagine doing business with somone like you, I'm certain you are not fra from being a scammer

He didn't say anything bad joorrr!

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by brownemmanuel43(m): 10:00am On Jan 13, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Problem 1. Mind your business, what your brother does not know will not kill him besides you didn't say his business was doing badly because of her.

Because

Problem 3.
It is better she is cheating your brother to sustain her baby than she engages into prostitution.
If she dies from HIV or her baby dies from malnutrition because you made her lose her job or blocked her access..will you be able to forgive yourself?

She is young and attractive....you could as well start a relationship with her so that you can cater to her.

So in summary;
Mind your business and don't tell your brother. Forgive yourself for not telling your brother because the culprit is a single mother who needs to do what she is doing if she and her baby will survive.
Odogwu nwoke, u dun enter this section? Udo diri gi nnam
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by stanat: 10:00am On Jan 13, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Because

Problem 3.

So in summary;
Guy are you okay?because I can't imagine someone with a functional brain will think the way you think. So let's imagine it's your business that someone is stealing from,will you be happy with what you wrote and besides you are paying her salary Steady.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by ekwesi3(m): 11:25am On Jan 13, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Because

Problem 3.

So in summary;
this is exactly what devil would have said but thank God we all have consciences, differentiating right from wrong

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Chiquitq(f): 12:23pm On Jan 13, 2021
How can you think of forgiving a third or covering up for her?

Why would you use single motherhood as an excuse? Is it not because of her wickedness and selfishness that she might have found herself I such a situation?

A single mother should learn from her mistakes and chose to do better by making the right decisions going forward.

You must report her and she must be fired without pay. She must learn the habits of people who have their lives in order despite the chaos.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Undergroundrul: 12:30pm On Jan 13, 2021
If you're asking this useless question then I don't think he's your brother or your sleeping with the sales girl
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Xkale1234(m): 1:48pm On Jan 13, 2021
Omo e hard o but warn her warn her, never in her life to try such shit again if not, na sacking get her if u did not warn her she will bankrupt the business and ask ur brother to be watchful of everything in that shop by not telling him the real story
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by IamHonourable1: 1:50pm On Jan 13, 2021
Manoftheyear:
Good day guys, happy New year to everyone, please I will make this post as brief as possible.

My brother asked me to help him look after his business when he wants to travel for Xmas, and it happens that I know much about the business, and he have a salesgirl too whom from my observation is a single mother though she is still very young.

Now this is the problem, since I started coming to that shop, I noticed this girl used to do some uncertain things (wuru wuru), so I decided to be more watchful and that's when I found out what she has been doing in the shop. I have caught her red handed in this act.

The first occasion was during last week Tuesday when we were about to close for the day and I was going through the sales book only for me to realized that the items we sold earlier in the day, the quantity in the book was different from what we actually sold, she minus some quantity and I called her to it and she acted as if it was a mistake, I acted as if nothing happened.

Second incident was last week Saturday, I was in the shop and one woman came to the shop with an Item she bought from our shop, so I was in my corner not minding them but I realized she came to complain of something to her and later bought another thing, I saw the item she came with so after the woman left, I called the girl and asked her when the woman bought that item, she said it was on Thursday, so after sometime, I went to the sales book to check if she wrote it, but I was shocked when I went through the whole week sales but I couldn't find it. I kept my cool, till in the evening when we were about to go and i asked her to show me where she wrote it, only for her to be going through over and over again, I asked her, I thought you said you sold this thing on Thursday and she said no.

Now because we have closed for the day, she wrote it as Monday sales, but I keep wondering if it was only this item that the woman bought. Even is she sold it on Thursday and forget to write it down, the Money would have reflected after the close of the day, but it didn't, that means she intentionally stole the money. She is the one with shop keys and she opens the shop before i come every morning.

Now my problems are

1. I love minding my business

2. It's my brother's business which he entrusted to me to look after for him, so if after finding out all these things and still keep it to myself, if anything goes wrong in future I won't forgive myself.

3. This lady is a single mother and very young, I assume this is the only place she gets what she's using to take care of her herself and her baby, I really feel for her and I know she is going to loose her job if my brother gets to know about this.

Please what should I do?

Please forgive my errors, I'm not perfect

This goes to show you don't even love your brother.You caught someone pulling him down and you asking if you should tell him.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by SavageResponse(m): 11:56pm On Jan 13, 2021
Manoftheyear:
Good day guys, happy New year to everyone, please I will make this post as brief as possible.

My brother asked me to help him look after his business when he wants to travel for Xmas, and it happens that I know much about the business, and he have a salesgirl too whom from my observation is a single mother though she is still very young.

Now this is the problem, since I started coming to that shop, I noticed this girl used to do some uncertain things (wuru wuru), so I decided to be more watchful and that's when I found out what she has been doing in the shop. I have caught her red handed in this act.

The first occasion was during last week Tuesday when we were about to close for the day and I was going through the sales book only for me to realized that the items we sold earlier in the day, the quantity in the book was different from what we actually sold, she minus some quantity and I called her to it and she acted as if it was a mistake, I acted as if nothing happened.

Second incident was last week Saturday, I was in the shop and one woman came to the shop with an Item she bought from our shop, so I was in my corner not minding them but I realized she came to complain of something to her and later bought another thing, I saw the item she came with so after the woman left, I called the girl and asked her when the woman bought that item, she said it was on Thursday, so after sometime, I went to the sales book to check if she wrote it, but I was shocked when I went through the whole week sales but I couldn't find it. I kept my cool, till in the evening when we were about to go and i asked her to show me where she wrote it, only for her to be going through over and over again, I asked her, I thought you said you sold this thing on Thursday and she said no.

Now because we have closed for the day, she wrote it as Monday sales, but I keep wondering if it was only this item that the woman bought. Even is she sold it on Thursday and forget to write it down, the Money would have reflected after the close of the day, but it didn't, that means she intentionally stole the money. She is the one with shop keys and she opens the shop before i come every morning.

Now my problems are

1. I love minding my business

2. It's my brother's business which he entrusted to me to look after for him, so if after finding out all these things and still keep it to myself, if anything goes wrong in future I won't forgive myself.

3. This lady is a single mother and very young, I assume this is the only place she gets what she's using to take care of her herself and her baby, I really feel for her and I know she is going to loose her job if my brother gets to know about this.

Please what should I do?

Please forgive my errors, I'm not perfect

Tell your brother what you discovered without mincing words!
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 16, 2021
Wartsnigeria:

You funny bro, one thing about business which I know is that you will always lose money and some days there are shortages which can come from either miscalculation or stealing.
If you really a business man you will know this. Whether you Dey naija or abroad people steal.
Meanwhile some days when my money goes short I just check and balance. I can go on but I am a lazy writer so had it been vn I will explain to you better. Probably u are a white collar worker.
Let me tell you this as far as u a business man money will short often know this know peace na to check what the person Dey do if not you will keep employing sales girls every month till you jam the one wey go carry ur money run use ur money build house for village.
It's not like you we don't see the ones who don't STEAL but they are rare.
Meanwhile how much do they pay sales girl 15k-20k for big oga oo
I am tell you this based on experience been a trader for 12years, this is reality. Meanwhile take your post down or I am reporting for calling me a scammer as I ha e never scammed you or anyone you lots just say anything didn't you see where I said it's his business and should take proper decision?

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Wartsnigeria: 8:08am On Jan 16, 2021
nwokennewi:

You funny bro, one thing about business which I know is that you will always lose money and some days there are shortages which can come from either miscalculation or stealing.
If you really a business man you will know this. Whether you Dey naija or abroad people steal.
Meanwhile some days when my money goes short I just check and balance. I can go on but I am a lazy writer so had it been vn I will explain to you better. Probably u are a white collar worker.
Let me tell you this as far as u a business man money will short often know this know peace na to check what the person Dey do if not you will keep employing sales girls every month till you jam the one wey go carry ur money run use ur money build house for village.
It's not like you we don't see the ones who don't STEAL but they are rare.
Meanwhile how much do they pay sales girl 15k-20k for big oga oo
I am tell you this based on experience been a trader for 12years, this is reality. Meanwhile take your post down or I am reporting for calling me a scammer as I ha e never scammed you or anyone you lots just say anything didn't you see where I said it's his business and should take proper decision?
Understood, tnx
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by yandepaul: 2:32pm On Dec 21, 2021
The issue of sales people stealing is something that a lot of people have accepted as a norm of business.

They think it can't be stopped

Actually, you can't. But the bitter truth is that there salesperson won't use their brain will stealing.

How can someone still 6000 naira in a day.

What is left of the business.

CCTV and software are really helping as well to reduce this there stupidity...

For any business owner here that wanna save their business, you may find this useful

https://6kblueprint.com/stop-salesperson-theft/

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights / Please Help, He Has Refused To Refund My Money / Africa’s Richest (from Nigeria) Land In Nairobi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.