Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ (19414 Views)

Shyngle: Herbert Wigwe’s Father Slumps, Rushed To Hospital / Breaking!!dollar Exchanges For ₦1,090 At Currency Markets In Nigeria / Man Slumps & Dies At Bank In Delta After Waiting Several Hours To Withdraw Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by noah24(m): 11:21am On Jan 13, 2021
Bro.. Do u have any idea how much is pounds � to naira��

chinchonglee:
Stop lying dis pple.
Dollar sells for 476.5
Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by ThatFairGuy1: 11:26am On Jan 13, 2021
Cti28:
grin grin
#1 = 1$ na the matter will still dey settle for 6 years.
You all keep emphasizing on this lie and it's becoming reality. WHERE AND WHEN DID PMB promised 1# to $1? WHERE?
Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:41am On Jan 13, 2021
ChiefSosa:
OUR DARLING DADDY IS WORKING... GOD BLESS HIM.
WATCH HOW BMC WILL AVOID THIS NEWS. THEY WON'T COMMENT.

The man surprise us no be small o
Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by chinchonglee(m): 11:55am On Jan 13, 2021
noah24:
Bro.. Do u have any idea how much is pounds � to naira��

620 bro
Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:00pm On Jan 13, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:

You all keep emphasizing on this lie and it's becoming reality.
WHERE AND WHEN DID PMB promised 1# to $1? WHERE?

Here

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/
Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by ThatFairGuy1: 12:17pm On Jan 13, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Here

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/
Seems you all have comprehension problem, this was his quoted statement below.

“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said.

Anything as such?

Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by samsard(m): 12:20pm On Jan 13, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:

“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said.

Anything as such?
What does he have to say now that it's 475/$ under his watch?
Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by ThatFairGuy1: 12:21pm On Jan 13, 2021
samsard:
What does he have to say now that it's 475/$ under his watch?
Don't deviate, stick to the subject matter. That wasn't the bone of contention here
Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by samsard(m): 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
Don't deviate, stick to the subject matter. That wasn't the bone of contention here
I've added a new bone to the mix. grin You and the other guy can sort out the $1 to NGN1 issue later. wink

3 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:08pm On Jan 13, 2021
Yet under the same man the value of the naira has plummeted to double that amount. If he knows 230 does not speak well for the economy, one wonders what he's looking at while it dives down to 473`

ThatFairGuy1:

Anything as such?

1 Like

Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by mujahid777(m): 1:12pm On Jan 13, 2021
handsomeyinka:
To be honest...Goodluck Jonathan was a better president than Buhari.

I blame the day Buhari was born.

People that voted for Buhari right now
To be honest...it will still have slumped even if GEJ was president undecided

2 Likes

Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by erico2k2(m): 1:12pm On Jan 13, 2021
einsteine:

So you will rather the banks short-change people by changing for them at lower rates? Many people stopped sending money to Nigeria because the banks were Changing at lower rates. The new policy which is a return to the previous policy before Sanusi has led to an INCREASE in remmitance. If you send dollars to a bank in Benin Republic, it is dollars you will get, the bank won't short-change you and forcefully convert your money to CFA
you obviously don't remit money to Nigeria or you live in not a western country .who sends money to western Union ??I have been sending money fru highsyreet vendors in London for the past 15 years. they charge you a fee and naira equivalents to the parallel mkt as we speak I sent 1000 poundsI get naira equivalent of N620k.
Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by Reference(m): 1:17pm On Jan 13, 2021
VaselineCrew:
AND THROUGH ALL THIS, ALL SOME PEOPLE KNOW ON ANOTHER THREAD IS

TINUBU 2023, BY FIRE BY FORCE, IGBOS NTORR, IS YORUBAS TURN....

NOT ONE MENTION OF POLICY OR HOW WE CAN TURN NIGERIA AROUND, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IT'S JUST, TINUBU 2023, OUR FATHER, JAGAGBAN, WE DIE HERE

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID

And six months after the 2023 elections they will come here lamenting that they were 'deceived". How 20million people can be simultaneously 'deceived' on any matter befuddles me. Rather it is crass ignorance to have decided who to vote in any election whgetre none, absolutely none of the candidates has started in neither vague nor clear terms how he is going to lead out of the mess Mr. Buhari has made of Nigeria.

To add insult to injury, some of them do not even believe there is anything wrong with Nigeria presently spo it bhegs the question, why do you want to lead Nigeria if the present course is right. For oin the absence of political ideology in our nascent democracy, the only value of elections is to change the direction of policy away from previous failings.

So what will Mr. Tinubu or any other candidate has spelt out towards governance by 2023 that will have made me decide on the 13th of January 2021 to vote for him in 2023. It is just absurd.
Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by tunapawizzy: 1:18pm On Jan 13, 2021
jerryunit48:
And they also blamed those in Diaspora , now we can’t send Naira directly to naija account from Europe, it has to be Dollar.
I am not an economist but I wonder how blocking sending Naira to Nigeria is the problem
i dont get d logic honestly.....but i guess theres sumtin in it for the government...maybe passing the financial burden of sourcing for dollar from governement to the people in Diaspora
Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:50pm On Jan 13, 2021
tunapawizzy:

i dont get d logic honestly.....but i guess theres sumtin in it for the government...maybe passing the financial burden of sourcing for dollar from governement to the people in Diaspora
Buhari sees the CBN as a piggybank that caters for the needs of him and his family and associates. You can ask him if the hard currencies being spent by him and his people is being sourced from alternate source like he's telling everyone else to do. That's when you will realize that the yawning gap between the official rates and parallel rates is for a reason. The majority of people in BDC business are northerners. He's just helping them to make money at the expense of the economy. Same thing he did with rice recently.
Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by noah24(m): 2:14pm On Jan 13, 2021
Gat it.... Thanks man

chinchonglee:

620 bro
Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by tunapawizzy: 2:15pm On Jan 13, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Buhari sees the CBN as a piggybank that caters for the needs of him and his family and associates. You can ask him if the hard currencies being spent by him and his people is being sourced from alternate source like he's telling everyone else to do. That's when you will realize that the yawning gap between the official rates and parallel rates is for a reason. The majority of people in BDC business are northerners. He's just helping them to make money at the expense of the economy. Same thing he did with rice recently.
u are right ..i see now
Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by SpicyMimi(f): 2:22pm On Jan 13, 2021
matrix199:
E never reach time dem go rush this naira go hospital? Like play like play, naira wan die for awa hand
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by Ashinze: 2:31pm On Jan 13, 2021
Watin dey go 780
Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by bayelsaowei(m): 3:07pm On Jan 13, 2021
Useless currency
Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by DollarBuddy: 3:55pm On Jan 13, 2021
Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by macrodata(m): 6:28pm On Jan 13, 2021
jerryunit48:
And they also blamed those in Diaspora , now we can’t send Naira directly to naija account from Europe, it has to be Dollar.
I am not an economist but I wonder how blocking sending Naira to Nigeria is the problem
Sell dollars for me na.
Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by macrodata(m): 6:30pm On Jan 13, 2021
shegzhkn:
Really ??, First bank sold one USD for #415 just last week.
The given price is for parallel market (black market, aboki, BDC etc)

1 Like

Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by fid3fid: 9:32pm On Jan 13, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Hahaha....and they would be expecting customs to generate 2tr naira this year? I laaf at times when i see their declaration of revenues without considering certain variables...mirage is what I call it because non-oil earnings which make up our major revenue are being neglected. If care isn't taken, they'd not realise anything this quarter. You can't project anything on empty grounds. I wonder why some myopic sycophants aren't seeing this.

When other countries have begun the race of 2021 fiscal year, trying hard to ensure they meet their budget based on the captured variables, our country is still crawling. Since last week of 2020, the CBN had stopped giving forex allocations to banks. I wonder how they expect the SMIEs to survive and also file their monthly tax returns to FIRS when no revenues are being generated. Eventually, staff would be laid off and what does that mean

Does this CBN allocation to banks affect Form Q applications?
Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by Eriokanmi: 9:57pm On Jan 13, 2021
fid3fid:

Does this CBN allocation to banks affect Form Q applications?
Yea, greatly inpite of meeting all the form m requirements from Son PC Certificate to insurance by customers . They stopped allocating funds since mid December and the queue keeps adding up. What a country!
Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by BSdetector: 11:49pm On Jan 13, 2021
The fact that naira slumped does not mean Buhari is not working . Even the dollar use to fall same with the Japanese yen and Chinese Yuan

WAILERS ARE NOT NEEDED HERE

You sound ret@rded
Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by fid3fid: 6:50am On Jan 14, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Yea, greatly inpite of meeting all the form m requirements from Son PC Certificate to insurance by customers . They stopped allocating funds since mid December and the queue keeps adding up. What a country!

Na wow! Wetin I go do now. I don already put hope on this Form Q... I dey calculate with 400 per $. And my bank guy dey give me assurance say 2 weeks e go pure. I don give the OPATT for the transaction.

The other option na aboki na... That one too don dey go up. Double wahala
Re: Naira Slumps Further, Exchanges For 473/$ by Eriokanmi: 7:56am On Jan 14, 2021
fid3fid:

Na wow! Wetin I go do now. I don already put hope on this Form Q... I dey calculate with 400 per $. And my bank guy dey give me assurance say 2 weeks e go pure. I don give the OPATT for the transaction.

The other option na aboki na... That one too don dey go up. Double wahala
same assurances we've gotten from our bank oo. The situation is across board. The CBN kept assuring banks that they'd allocate forex , kept the window open indefinitely without updating commercial banks. How I wish I had my way, I'd have written to world bank and all our creditors, including IMF not to approve any loans for Nigeria for now. Hope you're done with your form m shaa. You'd need this to process your form q transaction oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Under-valued In Official, Parallel Forex Markets – Bismarck Rewane / Finance Minister And CBN Fall Out On Blacklisted 41 Items / Need A Courier Company To Handle Pay-on-delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.