Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives (34478 Views)

Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari / Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives / Police Detain Solomon Emmanuel Akuma For Criticising Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 13, 2021
Nato008:

bro there is something called watchlist...someone making that comment is put on that list...then intelligence is gathered...to know his affiliations and co which determines the next step of action...that is how it is done in sane places, u don't just bundle someone up lock him up for months then charge him to court on treason and terrorism..on what evidence tweets
did u not see the capitol assault, how the FBI arrested those identified and charged them to court on charges which correspond to there offense and did u hear the arrested family members in other to get the offenders..

I was not referring to the method used in arresting the offender. Obviously that would depend on the circumstances and I'm not a trained law enforcement officer to qualify to comment on that. I was referring to the outcome. And yes, a tweet is a very credible threat; anywhere...

https://www.chron.com/crime/article/Ohio-man-tweets-death-threat-to-Donald-Trump-is-10615515.php
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by LLMG: 1:23pm On Jan 13, 2021
your co northerners have said worse, how many have you killed.
SilverNorGold:
Good...

The heart of a certain man...

There are lots of them on Nairaland that should be arrested..

He even wants the entire North destroyed! This idiot could be secretly killing Northerners.. Who knows how many he's secretly killed? He should be sentenced to death!

Nigeria must better.
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Blackdisciple(m): 1:24pm On Jan 13, 2021
J111333:
Bro no matter how you look at it, dude used strong words on a public platform against a sitting President.
That's not acceptable anywhere. Do that even in the US and FBI will definitely put you on their radar.

Them God bless Donald Trump
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Nato008(m): 1:24pm On Jan 13, 2021
Womanizer:

Let's assume you are the CEO of a company and for some reason you terminate the appointment of one of your employees...

Let's now assume that this disgruntled employee now goes to the WhatsApp group of staff of the company and threatens to pay someone to shoot you...has he terrorised you or not?

Answer this question yourself
bro u are getting ur message all moulded up..
first a terrorist, a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
then terrorism
Terrorism is the use of fear and acts of violence in order to intimidate societies, governments or against an ideology
then someone coming publicly to make threats against u is not terrorising rather the individual is a danger to ur life...which leads to undertakings but in the case of this guy...he said he was going to kill the president then he was charged with treason and terrorism... how do the relate honestly
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Aguogba(m): 1:25pm On Jan 13, 2021
J111333:
Bro no matter how you look at it, dude used strong words on a public platform against a sitting President.
That's not acceptable anywhere. Do that even in the US and FBI will definitely put you on their radar.
if he tweeted from abroad, would DSS have arrested him? Do you know the kinda things people tweet about Trump, Obama, Bush, etc, who are (were) world's number one citizens? Rubbish.
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Iamsane: 1:25pm On Jan 13, 2021
Candidate004:
It is obvious they are now tracking our post online

Nobody cares about your existence. Nah una dey use una hand do una self.
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Blackdisciple(m): 1:25pm On Jan 13, 2021
gidgiddy:

Im not saying it is acceptable, what Im saying is that a tweet is not enough reason to go and arrest someone, move them to Abuja and charge them for terrorism and treason.

I remember years ago, during Obamas tenure, when one guy tweeted that he wanted to kill Obama. The US Police only questioned and cautioned the guy at his house and that was that. They did not arrest him.

There are serious crimes being commited in Nigeria. Why is the Nigerian Police wasting time and energy over a tweet? There is no judge that will convict anyone of terrorism and treason on the strength of a tweet. This is how the Nigerian Polices go about wasting the time and resources given to them on irrelevant cases

Criminals are always afraid of comments against them.
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Miracle1991: 1:26pm On Jan 13, 2021
Hongkog:

The peaceful protesters Buhari killed at the Toll gate is also too much to be ignored.
pisfool protesters you mean?
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Miracle1991: 1:28pm On Jan 13, 2021
paulolee:
thats a very expensive joke coming from him...I happy say Nairaland na faceless forum because I Don say worst than this and DSS go hardly track.me because na waste of time
except if they don't want to get you.
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by DollarBuddy: 1:30pm On Jan 13, 2021
Mtswwww! D guy sef no wise. Why tweet such tweets under your real name?

Why not create a pseudo tweeter account to bomb the hell out of those Demons in power?
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Miracle1991: 1:32pm On Jan 13, 2021
MondayOsunbor:

And police evidence is twitter page !
Na court them go present it or where
The country is becoming a joke
Spit
who told you, that page cannot be printed and taken to Court as evidence.
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by operAhdam: 1:36pm On Jan 13, 2021
EyezofGod120:
Pls which brocker is the best for forex?
Try "grandcapital"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Nato008(m): 1:40pm On Jan 13, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

I was not referring to the method used in arresting the offender. Obviously that would depend on the circumstances and I'm not a trained law enforcement officer to qualify to comment on that. I was referring to the outcome. And yes, a tweet is a very credible threat; anywhere...

https://www.chron.com/crime/article/Ohio-man-tweets-death-threat-to-Donald-Trump-is-10615515.php

good I like ur thinking, A tweet is a credible threat...now do u go about arresting everyone who makes the tweet...no rather the are added to a watchlist to be monitored by the intelligence service..then when actionable intelligence is gathered which gives credibility to the tweet maximum action is carried out and evidence presented in the law courts, in sane places he can sue for rights abuse and win because there are laid down rules and regulations on ops..moreover where is he going to get the Russian sniper from....
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Everfrank(m): 1:40pm On Jan 13, 2021
Let the Russian snipers come and rescue him now.
Big fool.

1 Like

Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Miracle1991: 1:42pm On Jan 13, 2021
GhostWisperer:
is the illegal manner the police detained the father and in-laws acceptable.

Why do some Nigerians often reason like kitchen cockroaches?
it is not illegal detention as far as it is not over 24 hours.
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Nato008(m): 1:43pm On Jan 13, 2021
Miracle1991:
who told you, that page cannot be printed and taken to Court as evidence.
bro that can only be used when there is credible evidence of a threat...or do u plan on presenting just tweets as ur evidence..
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Nato008(m): 1:44pm On Jan 13, 2021
Miracle1991:
it is not illegal detention as far as it is not over 24 hours.
so detaining some for over 300 days is legal
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by osusuallstars: 1:45pm On Jan 13, 2021
Let him receive a fair hearing .
What is the punishment for his offense ?

People should be warned especially pastors and material reward

Left alone , they would not have caught this boy
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:47pm On Jan 13, 2021
Threatening to kill the president is not a joke, and is never treated as a joke anywhere in the world.

A threat to the president's life is never taken lightly because you can never tell if the person indeed has the capacity to carry out the plan.

Let him eat some sour beans for a while. I am sure he would soon learn his lessons.
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by egunna(m): 1:55pm On Jan 13, 2021
Realtord43:
I cant say less because buhari too is evil.

In May 2012, buhari threaten the entire peace and lives of Nigerians when he said "Baboons and dogs will be soaked in blood" if he lose 2015 election.

He actually said this on national TV, and he got away with it without police or DSS questioning the rationale of his statement.

El rufai son threaten to gangs rape a certain guy mother on same twitter!
No police or DSS arrest or question him.

They want to tame hate speech on social media but the cant tame their mouth from hate speach

Talk about double standard!
the next opportunity u get,pls repeat what d guy did and we will type this gibberish u have up dere,common sense shud tell u dat if Mr A got away with it,u might not.what is bad is bad,don't do it coz others are doing,u might get caught.
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by xjiggy: 1:59pm On Jan 13, 2021
gidgiddy:

Im not saying it is acceptable, what Im saying is that a tweet is not enough reason to go and arrest someone, move them to Abuja and charge them for terrorism and treason.

I remember years ago, during Obamas tenure, when one guy tweeted that he wanted to kill Obama. The US Police only questioned and cautioned the guy at his house and that was that. They did not arrest him.

There are serious crimes being commited in Nigeria. Why is the Nigerian Police wasting time and energy over a tweet? There is no judge that will convict anyone of terrorism and treason on the strength of a tweet. This is how the Nigerian Polices go about wasting the time and resources given to them on irrelevant cases
Brother have you ever heard about the term scape goat. Not everybody will get into trouble for same act but somebody will be used as scape goat to deter others..... especially the poor. The uprising in the US last week was done by thousands but only 70 scape goats have been apprehended so far while the people inciting them to violence are walking free.Just like wizkid, I've learnt to mind my biz. If e like make all man dey break dem head.
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Penywise(m): 2:03pm On Jan 13, 2021
J111333:
Truth be told, dude messed up big time. The joke was too much to be ignored.

Only if you know things that has been said of trump. We don't practice true democracy here
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 13, 2021
Nato008:

good I like ur thinking, A tweet is a credible threat...now do u go about arresting everyone who makes the tweet...no rather the are added to a watchlist to be monitored by the intelligence service..then when actionable intelligence is gathered which gives credibility to the tweet maximum action is carried out and evidence presented in the law courts, in sane places he can sue for rights abuse and win because there are laid down rules and regulations on ops..moreover where is he going to get the Russian sniper from....

It seems you are only trying to find fault with the method used. Like I said, I'm not an investigative officer, but going by your own statements, how do you know the following...

1. That he wasn't already on a watchlist before?
2. That he is not in a position to provide credible backing to his threat?
3. That he could never have had access to the Russian sniper he claimed to be able to send? You can buy all sorts of things on the dark web these days.

In any case, you don't go around making specific threats to kill people, especially VIPs. There is no rights lawyer that will look at his case twice. I shared a link where a man was arrested because of a tweet threatening to kill President Trump. There are dozens of such cases. Just Google "man arrested for threatening to kill VIP" and you'll probably get dozens of results from all over the world. It's just not done.
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by isaythetruth(m): 2:13pm On Jan 13, 2021
no sensible court should entertain such a case, it lacks merit and amount to the waste of precious time of the judiciary....

this is just like someone approaching the court saying that someone used jazz to kill someone.
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Nina1999(m): 2:19pm On Jan 13, 2021
Truth be told, one cannot tweet words of dis magnitude against a sitting presido and gets away with it!

1 Like

Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Miracle1991: 2:22pm On Jan 13, 2021
Nato008:

so detaining some for over 300 days is legal
you are talking about his father and in-laws. Stop going from left to right.
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by bootycapon(m): 2:24pm On Jan 13, 2021
Foolish boy. Was it Buhari that killed your mother? You papa sent you to school and you graduated to become more of an idiot that an enlightened fellow. You work for NAFDAC a government establishment and yet you publicly threatened same. I hope you learn your lessons. Mumu boy
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Nato008(m): 2:30pm On Jan 13, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

It seems you are only trying to find fault with the method used. Like I said, I'm not an investigative officer, but going by your own statements, how do you know the following...

3. That he could never have had access to the Russian sniper he claimed to be able to send? You can buy all sorts of things on the dark web these days.

In any case, you don't go around making specific threats to kill people, especially VIPs. There is no rights lawyer that will look at his case twice. I shared a link where a man was arrested because of a tweet threatening to kill President Trump. There are dozens of such cases. Just Google "man arrested for threatening to kill VIP" and you'll probably get dozens of results from all over the world. It's just not done.
lemme just hit u on that article u posted....the guy made the threats, he was not on any watchlist and when the secret service visited him...he said he was drunk and had no intention of going through with it and deleted it, ...do u realise that b4 the secret service had even paid him a visit that the man's life activities from when he was given birth to till his last travel would have been made available.. for analysts to ponder....trust me when I tell u that organizing a hit on the number one citizen takes more than ranting on social media...it eliminates that vital element of surprise and honestly u can't fathom how critical that element is in an assault of this magnitude.
Re: Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Nato008(m): 2:33pm On Jan 13, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

and yes it comes down to the method used because if it was the right process...there would be no need to arrest and hold on him for so long and even charge him on treason/terrorism because those charges wouldn't stick well except in a state controlled judiciary

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Uzodinma Jumped From 4th To 1st Place Via Supreme Court (Throwback) / Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest / Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.