Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,424 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited (12479 Views)

Buhari Stole N2.8 Billion As Oil Minister– Alison Madueke / Buhari Stole $2.8 Billion As Nnpc Federal Commissioner / Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by freezy(m): 1:50pm On Apr 01, 2011
sunayo:

Written by Ebenezer Adeniji Friday, 01 April 2011

[Muhammedu Buhari]

Muhammedu Buhari
Statesmanship is defined by an impartial concern for the public good. It also has a lot to do with the content of such a leader’s personal values. Globally, religious zealotry and ethnic jingoism clearly do not fit well as edifying values. This is why some watchers find Nigeria, and the Nigerian political space, somewhat strange. The value system of some of our national figures could be so overly diseased, and parochial; and rather than odium, it earns them praise and worship. For all that the late General Sani Abacha was and represented, it was bizarre that a section of this country lionised him. The production and selling of Abacha’s images in this part of the country is still strangely a brisk business, leaving one to conclude very strongly that, indeed, the major divide in this country is not situated in geography, but in thinking processes and value systems.

The issue here is General Muhammadu Buhari, who has been angling to rule Nigeria in the past eight years. Buhari has been riding on the wings of just one point - purity from official corruption. Buhari has misled the man in the street, to believe that a clean slate on corruption is just all it takes to be a competent leader and a man of ideas.

Without undermining the critical place of integrity in governance, Buhari’s score-card as military Head of State, between 1983 and 1985, firmly leaves one with no doubt that personal integrity, and competence, can be as far apart as the North and South poles. Buhari, as Head of State, amply showed that an indolent office secretary, who can be trusted with everything in the office, including office pins, has no more value than the efficient one with itchy fingers. PresidentJonathan has been around, only for nine months. Buhari ruled this country for close to two years. It will profit the system, if Nigerians, and the voters, should challenge Buhari on his achievements in government as Head of State.

It is on record that from 1979 to 1999, no single investment was made in the power sector. This period included Buhari’s time in office. What steps did Buhari take on the country’s social and physical infrastructure? Buhari talks about the Midas touch, he will bring to bear on governance from May 29, yet does not feel any moral pinch, for his tactical side-stepping of his 1983 to 1985 score-card on campaign grounds.

In productive climes, Buhari would never wish to breathe a word on the political scene, but this is Nigeria, a country of anything goes. Buhari’s relevance in today’s political equation rests squarely with Islamic activism. Buhari was the mastermind and cheer-leader of the blood-stained Sharia law campaign in the Northern region. It was murderous campaign, given the massive destruction of the lives and properties of southerners in the North in the wake of Sharia implementation in the states of the region. In the lead-up to the 2003 general election, in which he contested for the presidency, Buhari sent out a call that Muslims in the country should be guided by religion in their voting pattern. As the dangerous religious campaigns against President Jonathan flourished in mosques in the North, in radio stations in the region and by text messages, Nigerians, including Sule Lamido, governor of Jigawa State, a neighbouring state to Buhari’s Katsina, traced the ill-wind to Buhari.

For Buhari’s supporters, it is just enough that Buhari is not corrupt, and more compelling to those of them that support him among the northern Muslim population is that he is a northerner, a champion of Islam, who wants to take power back from a southerner, and an “infidel” Christain. These ethnic and religious contents are entirely the drivers of every single support Buhari gets in the North. But for the larger health and well-being of all Nigerians, these must be seen and treated as the active ingredients of religious radicalism, terrorism and national security risk.

Even in his campaigns in the North, Buhari’s attitude and style have been ominous. His northern political rallies come across more as religious revivals than political campaigns. Aware that he is a symbol of Islamic activism among his people, Buhari addresses his northern supporters, only in Hausa language, and would often not even bother to address the developmental challenges of the people. Buhari can do these among the northern youth population that converge for his rallies and get away because, he well understands that their presence was entirely motivated by religion, Islamic struggle and not governance issues.

If religiousness is all it takes to drive a country on the path of productiveness, development and service delivery, then let the supporter of APC take over in Darfur, Boko Haram in Nigeria, the Lord’s Resistance Army in Uganda and Al Shabab in Somalia. Let Sharia take over in all Muslim countries, and Canon Law in those of the Christains. May Al Queada over take us all! But competence is the issue, and Buhari failed woefully, pathetically on this score between 1983 and 1985.

Buhari despises the elite of his people, remaining ominously aloof, rigid and forebodingly one track-minded. These are all red flags! Nigerians should be circumspect. This man may not be corrupt, but there are certain alarms about him. Buhari clearly transmits red signals in the polity. It is clear that apart from the states of the North-West and North-East, his Congress for Political Change (CPC) would hardly earn 25 per cent of the total number of votes cast in the remaining states of the federation.

By implication, two zones just cannot earn Buhari the presidency he is looking for, no matter their voting strength. As a fledging one-man party, his CPC also lacks a strong national presence, organisational and structural framework needed for strong political in-roads in all the states for a victory in a presidential election. It is also evident that the Buhari’s personality and character profile are assets to him only among the Hausa-Fulani of the North-West and partly North-East, and strictly for the Muslim population of the two zones, but a heavy personal baggage on him in the entire South, and the Christain-dominated North-Central, with a low population of the Hausa-Fulani stock. These scenarios promise yet another presidential election rout for Buhari. The huge worry is whether his CPC supporters, whom he has weaned on violence and religious bigotry, would allow peace reign after Buhari had gone down on April 9.

Nigerians have been fed excessively with the issue of Buhari as lily-white to the extent that many now throw up. But I wish I were a presidential candidate. With all these debates, I would have given anything to have a one-on-one with Buhari.[b] I would have loved to tell him to his face that the Lateef Jakande’s $60 million metro rail project for Lagos, which he cancelled immediately after he over-threw the Second Republic, has now accumulated a debt profile of over $3 billion for Lagos State, making the state the most indebted state to Paris Club in the federation. I would remind Buhari that Gbolahan Mudashiru, his Military Administrator for Lagos State, alerted him on the clause in the contract agreement that would yoke the state to this debt, if the contract was cancelled unilaterally, and that he replied Mudashiru, that he didn’t care a damn.

Though t[/b]he fund for the execution of that project which would have given the people of Lagos an intra-city light train transport system would not have come from Buhari’s Supreme Military Council, General Buhari, as Military Head of State, cancelled this wonderful project of the state government, with ethnicity on his mind.

Buhari’s action of jailing Dr Alex Ekwueme, then Nigeria’s vice president, from Anambra, and keeping President Shehu Shagari, from Sokoto State in a house arrest in Ikoyi was also ethnically fired. So also was the shorter end of the stick he handed the South, as chair of Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF), in the execution of projects.

Dr Adeniji is a UK-based
chartered accountant

Now, that's a new one. . . lipsrsealed
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by fxtopedia(m): 1:52pm On Apr 01, 2011
enyojo:

[size=15pt]No1 Nairalander, please respond after your hasty Post[/size]

SECONDED!
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by opalu: 1:52pm On Apr 01, 2011
playmode:

Oh boy ,take am easy now ,HABA! you no dey tire?

beaf ,onye ekwu ,donotbanme, Head to to and many others and now In-no-cent.No seriously ,you are not normal.How are you able to juggle so many personalities at once shocked

My guy, you are the one to take it easy on yourself. How are you sure it is not Seun that is the same as Beaf, dontbanme etc? You think in all of Nairaland, Seun the owner will be using his official name? How will he freely interract and share his mind on critical issues?

[size=15pt]I have in my possession a special Online Forum software that can track IDs. I ran the test on 'Seun' and it revealed the posting progressions and when compared with 'Beaf' the posting times synchronized. What it means is that there could possibly be swapings of IDs. When this ForumID-Tracker was used to track AISHA2 and SEUN. It was very clear they did not synchronize. Meaning that it is very unlikely for the 2 IDs to be the same person. But same cannot be said of Beaf and Seun. However, there is a margin of error in the Tracker (i.e it is not 100% accurate). Its my invention![/size]
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by headtoto: 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2011
enyojo:

Empty.

We have this, we have that. meaning what?
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 01, 2011
clearly a hatchet job, much like the ridculous lies spread by nl's pdp thugs

if i believed my copyright was infringed, would i start a buhari stole my idea website, or write officially to buharis campaig offices making my grievances clear?

people are sued all the time for copyright infringement, real or imagined - they hold press conferences, they hire lawyers, what they do not do is create websites

pdp should stick to trying to catch the hearts and minds of stark illiterates and political jobbers.

another desperate swift boat attempt

smh
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by deola007: 2:01pm On Apr 01, 2011
CPC"S OFFICIAL RESPONSE TO SPURIOUS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY CLAIMS

Don’t Blackmail CPC and General Buhari

We consider it a privilege to document our thoughts on this distraction attempt by so called youths and their childish attempts at blackmail.

The logo of the CPC is a pen and a flag, it means the party is keen on knowledge, deeply patriotic and eager to re-write Nigeria’s history. We are amazed that digital youths can be so uninformed about the social media we have all come to taut ourselves as experts on.

There are a few documents on this that state actual facts about how this is a cheap blackmail attempt. Some of the documents will be held until further evidence is required.

1. We have documents showing the letters received by CPC officials from third party individuals, the date it got to CPC officials and required time for response. These documents show that we communicated with them within their time frame.

2. We have records of email from Femi Odewumi, MD of Bluelabs LLC indicating their intention to sell the “project” to CPC.

3. We have records of our phone conversations with the MD of Bluelabs LLC, Femi Odewumi where we requested a meeting to make available to him the facts about this case that they have not put into consideration. We also have a record of his return call indicating that his team is meeting in the afternoon and he will get back to us. All these conversations happened hours before launching their malicious website and Femi Odewunmi has not called back.

4. We have records of the the source of the YouTube video, an individual (a fan of the Buhari/Bakare 2011 Campaign) who made it and the various people who have uploaded other videos using the same soundtrack. This YouTube video was a user generated content offered to Buhari4Change Fanpage publicly on Facebook with permissions for use.

5. We have screen shots backing up every detail, some of which are already being adjusted by the people perpetrating this ill.
While neither CPC nor any of it’s officials own, designed or developed the YouTube video montage in question, please find below the terms and conditions of Youtube. This “Transformation soundtrack” has been used to create videos and uploaded to YouTube since, the Jan 30, 2011 (or earlier). YouTube’s Terms of Service about video uploaded to their website states:

by submitting Content to YouTube, you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and YouTube’s (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service.

– Excerpts from YouTube Terms of Service.
If you feel strongly that the people who initially uploaded your music have violated your rights. There is a process with YouTube to notify them before it becomes viral.

It is a big shame, that opposition politicians can go to any length to corrupt the youth of a nation, at this time, when we are battling for the nations soul.

CPC and Buhari-Bakare have become a growing movement in Nigeria, social media and user generated content are an integral part of ensuring information dissemination beyond government controlled media. While CPC and General Buhari will not infringe on people’s intellectual property, WE WILL NOT SUCCUMB TO BLACKMAIL,

http://buhari4change.com/?page_id=1771
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 01, 2011
http://www.bluelabsbranding.com/bl/

the bastids could not even post a press release on their website

feel free to send stinkers to the desperate liar
http://www.bluelabsbranding.com/bl/contact.php

i can't even see any trace of the much touted transformation video here
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by ejunkie(m): 2:14pm On Apr 01, 2011
I understand people's fear that it maybe a smear campaign but let us look at the facts closer shall and discover why CPC is crying wolf:

First Contact with CPC -  http://buharistoleouridea.com/art.php?id=5

What is the relevant law? - http://buharistoleouridea.com/art.php?id=6

The Facts - http://buharistoleouridea.com/art.php?id=7

After all these, i think CPC should have done what is right dicussed with Bluelabs when they apprached for discussion and cleared up the issue. Now they are heading to court. what a shame for Gen. Buhari
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by AlabaSlim: 2:19pm On Apr 01, 2011
Do unto odas what u want 2 be done 2 u so says D BIBLE
D JIHADIST IS NOW LUKIN 4 WHAT HE DESTROYED TINKIN HE WAS GOD IN FLESH DEN.nw he has bin lukin 4 POWER eva since cryin lyk ESAU WHU SOLD HIS BIRTHRITE.
Nonsense
nw ask ursef 1 tin did ESAU GET DAT BIRTHRITE LATER
I liv u 2 find out ursef
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by ejunkie(m): 2:20pm On Apr 01, 2011
I understand people's fear that it maybe a smear campaign but let us look at the facts closer shall and discover why CPC is crying wolf:

First Contact with CPC - http://buharistoleouridea.com/art.php?id=5

What is the relevant law? - http://buharistoleouridea.com/art.php?id=6

The Facts - http://buharistoleouridea.com/art.php?id=7

After all these, i think CPC should have done what is right dicussed with Bluelabs when they apprached for discussion and cleared up the issue. Now they are heading to court. what a shame for Gen. Buhari
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by ejunkie(m): 2:32pm On Apr 01, 2011
Buhari's team don enter wahala, this is why it is good not to steal grin

http://buharistoleouridea.com/art.php?id=8

Rejoinder to Buhari/Bakare/CPC Campaign Rebuttal
Blog Posted: 2011-04-01
1. Bluelabs, the lawful holder of the copyright in the TransformationSong, have at no time published the song on Youtube and are therefore not subject to Youtube’s terms and conditions of service. As previously indicated, the Blue Labs video was posted on transformationng.com. Therefore, Blue Labs have at no time whether by actual or deemed licence authorised any person to use the Transformation Song.

2. Even if the CPC claim their donor obtained the soundtrack from Youtube, Youtube’s Terms of Service provide in paragraph 6D as follows – “You further agree that Content you submit to the Service will not contain thirdparty copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant YouTube all of the license rights granted herein.” AND THIS IS THE CRUX OF OUR GRIEVANCE!! Blue Labs never submitted the video to Youtube, is therefore not subject to their terms of service, and any user of their copyrighted material on Youtube infringes the Terms of Service of Youtube.

3. The maker of the video is irrelevant to whether or not the broadcast by the CPC on all its official e-channels constitutes infringement. The CPC for all intents and purposes is the broadcaster of the infringing video and is liable for its actions. It behoved upon the CPC Organisation to carry out due diligence before accepting such gifts from its supporters.

4. The excuse that other people have used the Transformation Song is akin to saying ‘we have all at one time or the other stolen, why is it my theft that hurts you?’ It is an argument that cannot stand the test of even rudimentary logic. The song was designed to be a campaign song – had any other political personality or entity used the song since it was produced? Are any of the other alleged videos canvassing political support? Most importantly, how does thealleged presence of these other videos amount to a waiver of all enforcement action?
Bluelabs reserves its constitutionally guaranteed right to enforce its proprietary interests as it deems fit.
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by AlabaSlim: 2:36pm On Apr 01, 2011
4 mi sha 1 lil prob i get 4 NL na dis Playstation of a boy abi na mode of play hin cal hinsef
d boi sabi mk empti Noise cos hin dey outside wel i no pple lyk am no go talk wen den dey Nija
SAI GEJ
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by Wadeoye(m): 2:38pm On Apr 01, 2011
@ejunkie, when you upload your music/video onto YouTube, you lose all copyright to that property. Go and read the terms and conditions governining the use of YouTube. This song in question had been uploaded long time ago onto Youtube for free download even before campagn started. Why is anybody crying now? These guys and their sponsors are ignorant.

Anybody can download song from YouTube and even reproduce it - that is the law governing the use of YouTube. If you have any issues at all, it should be with the person that uploaded the song onto YouTube.
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by debosky(m): 2:45pm On Apr 01, 2011
Bluelabs are a bunch of twits. . . .so should they now sue Seun since he has 'broadcast' the video on this 'official e-channel' of nairaland.com?

Why haven't they contacted youtube to take the song down as it infringes on their copyright?

Why haven't they contacted facebook to delete links to the song as it involves infringement?

Better yet, why not sue facebook and youtube for copyright infringement? cheesy

Bunch of attention seeking dolts. cheesy
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by fxtopedia(m): 2:47pm On Apr 01, 2011
ejunkie:

Buhari's team don enter wahala, this is why it is good not to steal  grin

http://buharistoleouridea.com/art.php?id=8

Rejoinder to Buhari/Bakare/CPC Campaign Rebuttal  
Blog Posted: 2011-04-01
1.  Bluelabs, the lawful holder of the copyright in the TransformationSong, have at no time published the song on Youtube and are therefore not subject to Youtube’s terms and conditions of service. As previously indicated, the Blue Labs video was posted on transformationng.com. Therefore, Blue Labs have at no time whether by actual or deemed licence authorised any person to use the Transformation Song.

2.  Even if the CPC claim their donor obtained the soundtrack from Youtube, Youtube’s Terms of Service provide in paragraph 6D as follows – “You further agree that Content you submit to the Service will not contain thirdparty copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant YouTube all of the license rights granted herein.” AND THIS IS THE CRUX OF OUR GRIEVANCE!! Blue Labs never submitted the video to Youtube, is therefore not subject to their terms of service, and any user of their copyrighted material on Youtube infringes the Terms of Service of Youtube.

3. The maker of the video is irrelevant to whether or not the broadcast by the CPC on all its official e-channels constitutes infringement. The CPC for all intents and purposes is the broadcaster of the infringing video and is liable for its actions. It behoved upon the CPC Organisation to carry out due diligence before accepting such gifts from its supporters.

4.  The excuse that other people have used the Transformation Song is akin to saying ‘we have all at one time or the other stolen, why is it my theft that hurts you?’ It is an argument that cannot stand the test of even rudimentary logic. The song was designed to be a campaign song – had any other political personality or entity used the song since it was produced? Are any of the other alleged videos canvassing political support? Most importantly, how does thealleged presence of these other videos amount to a waiver of all enforcement action?
Bluelabs reserves its constitutionally guaranteed right to enforce its proprietary interests as it deems fit.  

Why all these? LMAO
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by Pataki: 2:49pm On Apr 01, 2011
So these nincompoops of labalaba limited still do not get it?

You have no case against CPC. In fact, you are slapping yourself as a glorious inane person Mr. Femi Odewunmi.

Totally ridiculous!!!
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by headtoto: 2:49pm On Apr 01, 2011
Wadeoye:

@ejunkie, when you upload your music/video onto YouTube, you lose all copyright to that property. Go and read the terms and conditions governining the use of YouTube. This song in question had been uploaded long time ago onto Youtube for free download even before campagn started. Why is anybody crying now? These guys and their sponsors are ignorant.

Anybody can download song from YouTube and even reproduce it - that is the law governing the use of YouTube. If you have any issues at all, it should be with the person that uploaded the song onto YouTube.

Are you saying all those Micahel Jackson, 50Cents, Usher and co songs uploaded to youtube are no longer theirs? As in they have lost the copyrights to such songs? Is this your assertion?
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by ejunkie(m): 2:53pm On Apr 01, 2011

@Wadoye - 2. Even if the CPC claim their donor obtained the soundtrack from Youtube, Youtube’s Terms of Service provide in paragraph 6D as follows – “You further agree that Content you submit to the Service will not contain thirdparty copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant YouTube all of the license rights granted herein.” AND THIS IS THE CRUX OF OUR GRIEVANCE!! Blue Labs never submitted the video to Youtube, is therefore not subject to their terms of service, and any user of their copyrighted material on Youtube infringes the Terms of Service of Youtube.

If CPC produces their agent that produced the video, They will sue him/her too. SHikena!
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by 9ijaMan: 2:53pm On Apr 01, 2011
deola007:

We consider it a privilege to document our thoughts on this distraction attempt by so called youths and their childish attempts at blackmail.

The logo of the CPC is a pen and a flag, it means the party is keen on knowledge, deeply patriotic and eager to re-write Nigeria’s history. We are amazed that digital youths can be so uninformed about the social media we have all come to taut ourselves as experts on.

There are a few documents on this that state actual facts about how this is a cheap blackmail attempt. Some of the documents will be held until further evidence is required.

1. We have documents showing the letters received by CPC officials from third party individuals, the date it got to CPC officials and required time for response. These documents show that we communicated with them within their time frame.

2. We have records of email from Femi Odewumi, MD of Bluelabs LLC indicating their intention to sell the “project” to CPC.

3. We have records of our phone conversations with the MD of Bluelabs LLC, Femi Odewumi where we requested a meeting to make available to him the facts about this case that they have not put into consideration. We also have a record of his return call indicating that his team is meeting in the afternoon and he will get back to us. All these conversations happened hours before launching their malicious website and Femi Odewunmi has not called back.

4. We have records of the the source of the YouTube video, an individual (a fan of the Buhari/Bakare 2011 Campaign) who made it and the various people who have uploaded other videos using the same soundtrack. This YouTube video was a user generated content offered to Buhari4Change Fanpage publicly on Facebook with permissions for use.

5. We have screen shots backing up every detail, some of which are already being adjusted by the people perpetrating this ill.
While neither CPC nor any of it’s officials own, designed or developed the YouTube video montage in question, please find below the terms and conditions of Youtube. This “Transformation soundtrack” has been used to create videos and uploaded to YouTube since, the Jan 30, 2011 (or earlier). YouTube’s Terms of Service about video uploaded to their website states:

by submitting Content to YouTube, you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and YouTube’s (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service.

If you feel strongly that the people who initially uploaded your music have violated your rights. There is a process with YouTube to notify them before it becomes viral.

It is a big shame, that opposition politicians can go to any length to corrupt the youth of a nation, at this time, when we are battling for the nations soul.

CPC and Buhari-Bakare have become a growing movement in Nigeria, social media and user generated content are an integral part of ensuring information dissemination beyond government controlled media. While CPC and General Buhari will not infringe on people’s intellectual property, WE WILL NOT SUCCUMB TO BLACKMAIL,

For those who can read and comprehend the English language properly:
It's all over! Bluelabs has enjoyed roughly 20 hours of cheap publicity. Can we just move on.

And to all those dimwits screaming about IP infringement, I hope you can now see that I've been vindicated. As soon as you load your stuffs on YouTube, you lose every IP right you have on it.
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by ejunkie(m): 2:57pm On Apr 01, 2011

@9ijaMan Nothing is over till they publish every evidence they claim to have. Talk is cheap. Let them publish alleged recorded calls, and all the ther things they claim. Simple!

Whether Buhari wins or loses the elections, he still has to pay for wrong uses of intellectual property. It doesnt get simpler than that.
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by Pataki: 3:03pm On Apr 01, 2011
ejunkie:

@9ijaMan Nothing is over till they publish every evidence they claim to have. Talk is cheap. Let them publish alleged recorded calls, and all the ther things they claim. Simple!

Whether Buhari wins or loses the elections, he still has to pay for wrong uses of intellectual property. It doesnt get simpler than that.

Go to court.

All these lame barking would not deter Nigerians from the transformation we all desire.

We have moved on from the 20hrs of fame Nigerians have accorded Blueband entertainment.
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by passyjango(m): 3:05pm On Apr 01, 2011
Pataki:

So these nincompoops of labalaba limited still do not get it?

You have no case against CPC. In fact, you are slapping yourself as a glorious inane person Mr. Femi Odewunmi.

Totally ridiculous!!!

Omo this is not about having a case. This is a desperate attempt to reduce the popularity of Buhari and to make Nigerians to question their belief that Bahari is a credible person. You see, Nigerians are a people that can easily be manipulated. They can reach conclusions without asking for facts, which is the weakness of Nigerians that this smear campaign aims at exploiting. However, so far I am glad that it has not worked on Nairaland and I hope it fails in the streets as well.

If they are serious about a case, do they need to buy a domain name (Buhari Stole Our Idea) for that? Do they even know that Buhari with a good lawyer can turn the case against them in court for not exhausting all available options before embarking on a smear campaign? The fact is that they are more interested in discrediting Buhari than in pursuing any case and am quite sure they are smiling to the bank by now.
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by 9ijaMan: 3:07pm On Apr 01, 2011
ejunkie:

@Wadoye - 2.  Even if the CPC claim their donor obtained the soundtrack from Youtube, Youtube’s Terms of Service provide in paragraph 6D as follows – “You further agree that Content you submit to the Service will not contain thirdparty copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant YouTube all of the license rights granted herein.” AND THIS IS THE CRUX OF OUR GRIEVANCE!! Blue Labs never submitted the video to Youtube, is therefore not subject to their terms of service, and any user of their copyrighted material on Youtube infringes the Terms of Service of Youtube.

If CPC produces their agent that produced the video, They will sue him/her too. SHikena!

ejunkie:

Do you read at all? Can you really comprehend English? Just read through your posts again and tell us how you make any sense. You guys should go and re-strategize again and come up with another pack of lies. Just be rest assured that we'll be waiting for you again with the right answers.
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by fxtopedia(m): 3:18pm On Apr 01, 2011
where is SEUN? Where is BEAF?

SEUN=BEAF lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by Demdem(m): 3:29pm On Apr 01, 2011
I honestly feel this thread should be locked now.
Case closed.
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by kingron: 3:50pm On Apr 01, 2011
moderators get this thng to front page.
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 01, 2011
My Friday afternoon couldn't have been more productive. Thanks guys grin grin grin
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by proproman(m): 4:24pm On Apr 01, 2011
I am hugely dissappointed in both sides; the pro gej and the pro buhari parties. You guys have failed to act with maturity and civilization. What makes us different from children is how we resolve our problems differences but some here have acted worse than two year olds. All these insults flying about, for whose benefit are they? The candidates, we Nairalanders, Nigeria's progress, who? Come May, this election would have been won by one and lost by others. They, the candidates would move on. We the populace would be left with burnt bridges and bad blood. In recent times here on Nairaland, I have not seen much real campaigning. What i've been coming across regularly are smear campaigns and insults, things that benefit noone. Is it by insulting the skeptic that you intend to convince him/her to vote for your candidate? I am truly apalled and have had cause to write beaf an open letter on this issue (at which I was promptly insulted). I am a big fan of cracked.com and though they really spend more time being funny than anything else, they do make some good points. A quote from cracked reads and i paraphrase:
great people become great because of three things
1) talent
2) hard work
3) not pissing off the right people.

You just don't know who you might be pissing off. Its not impossible to keep things civil. These elections will come and go and we will be left with ourselves. Let us debate real issues, not side attractions and smear campaigns. All that has been said on this thread has not made the allegation true or false, it has only served to make some Nairalanders hate some other Nairalanders more. I may still create a thread on this if necessary. I'm not a mod but i have to say this: Please keep things civil.
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by ejunkie(m): 4:29pm On Apr 01, 2011

Its a shame really, steal a lot of money as a big public figure, go free, steal 1000 naira, go to jail for poor men.

Stand up for your right against a big public figure when you have been truly wronged, get labelled a blackmailer. , real shame, where no one stands up for the little guys, no one checks the truth, everybody assumes you can't be telling the truth.

CPC is wrong here and the ideal thing will be to do the honourable thing, apoogise and move on. This is what happens when you stomp you wait around
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by proproman(m): 4:35pm On Apr 01, 2011
seun, you are a nigerian, you have every right to hold an opinion or support a candidate but as much as possible keep it non partisan. if you had posted an article on gej commisioning a school somewhere, i would have no qualms with that, it's just you supporting your candidate. but what you've just done is smear another candidate, not put yours in a better light. let's look at it like this, you're the person in charge of nta, you're a nigerian, you have every right to support who you want. however, it does not mean that you should use nta, something for the public, to pull down someone that you don't support (who is also a member of the public). please, becaus, as you can see, some here alreadyfeel you've accepted a bribe. i believe you're beyond that.
peace.
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Apr 01, 2011
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by honeric01(m): 4:52pm On Apr 01, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Versus Buhari / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Celebrates Her 62nd Birthday Today! / FG To Establish Special Schools For Married Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.