Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited (12482 Views)

Buhari Stole N2.8 Billion As Oil Minister– Alison Madueke / Buhari Stole $2.8 Billion As Nnpc Federal Commissioner / Buhari Stole More Than Any Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by akinmusi(m): 8:24am On Apr 01, 2011
I hold on firm to my opinion bluelabs should channel their grieviance to the right authority. It sounds politics to me.
We should open our eyes nd dont get blindly led.
PDP = f(corruption, social injustice and perpetrator of vices, )
if GEJ is a saint or would be a saint, he shouldnt contest under d umbrella PDP.
GEJ= f( PDP JEGALISTIC AGENDA).
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by gadogado(m): 8:26am On Apr 01, 2011
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by 9ijaMan: 8:26am On Apr 01, 2011
@Seun
If we have to go by your distorted logic, then the bluelab guys should claim compensation for the followings too:

[center][flash=500,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPcGT5qwc2k?version=3[/flash][/center]

and

[center][flash=500,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIpwpWcKVj0?version=3[/flash][/center]
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by muami(m): 8:35am On Apr 01, 2011
fstranger3:

You seem to be having issues with the concept of 'intellectual rights'

Ge educate yourself. Stop making a 'foolery' of yourself all over NL over this trivial issue.

you can start here: www.google.com

You just took the words out of my mouth. Thats the exact advice I was going to give him because its obvious he does not even understand what IP rights mean.
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by 9ijaMan: 8:37am On Apr 01, 2011
fstranger3:

You seem to be having issues with the concept of 'intellectual rights'

Ge educate yourself. Stop making a 'foolery' of yourself all over NL over this trivial issue.

you can start here: www.google.com
Why not just show us who the owners of the intellectual rights for the two videos which are freely available on YouTube? When an item becomes freely available online, you lose all financial and otherwise claims you can make for such against anyone who uses it. Perhaps google.com will be more useful for you.

Bluelabs has not come out to claim they own the free YouTube videos, or have they just woken up from their deep slumber just to be in the news for a few minutes?
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 01, 2011
From comments on the website,http://buharistoleouridea.com, some people claim the soundtrack was performed by Omolara Ayodele, a philosophy graduate of University of Ibadan turned singer/songwriter with the Cohbams Asuquo Music Production outfit. Is this true?  If so, why havent they come out to complain about copyright infringements?or acknowledge they sold the rights to Bluelabs?  Hmmmmm
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by abes(m): 8:39am On Apr 01, 2011
In August 2010, Bluelabs Limited conceptualised and developed an 'inspirational song called Transformation', to get the youth engaged in the electoral process and possibly pitch to interested parties for campaign purposes. We then produced a video (set against a montage of sweeping imagery designed to evoke a sense of patriotism) for the 'transformation' song and made it available for viewing on a website.

In March 2011, it came to our attention that the Buhari/Bakare team of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) had placed a video on all CPC's official e-channels (Buhari/Bakare Official Facebook page, youtube and the website) and the video was going viral.

To our greatest consternation, the video was set against our Transformation Song and adopted similar graphics. The feedback that viewers gave the video would have been extremely pleasing to the CPC, as many commentators remarked on how overwhelmed they were by the song, how patriotic it made them feel and how it had changed their minds tovote for the CPC.

While we were delighted at the testament to the quality of our company's work, we felt seriously aggrieved that our song had been ripped and used in broadcasts without authorisation or license from us.

It is therefore incumbent upon us to inform Nigerians and the world at large that the CPC cannot be the bastion of honesty it purports to be if it is the policy of the party to dismiss the legitimate claims of young, honest, hardworking Nigerians for just recompense for the fruit of their labour.

CPC cannot say that it respects the Rule of Law if it has abject disregard for the fundamentals of the Nigerian Copyright Act. If Buhari and Bakare staff their campaign HQ with people who have displayed no semblance of an understanding of such basic principles, what hope can Nigerians have for the kind of government they would form if elected? If their campaign office is staffed with people who think refusal of service of a letter is appropriate because elections are only 7 days away, or under any circumstances at all, can we expect them to form a decent and civil government?

The Buhari/Bakare team stole our idea. They stole our intellectual property. They have refused to even discuss compensation with us despite the adulation that our work has now garnered for them.

Support us against this injustice. Join us in our quest to demonstrate that there is no time, be it 7 months or 7 days to the elections when it is right to cheat people of the fruit of their labour.

We invite you to watch our video, then watch theirs and draw your conclusion.

Now if Bluelabs Limited claims it conceptualised and developed an 'inspirational song called Transformation' in August 2010, does that mean the original song track that was released by Cobhams Asuquo and Omolara in January 2011 is also stolen from Bluelab Limited?

Bluelab ko, blue labalaba ni
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by 9ijaMan: 8:40am On Apr 01, 2011
abibio2001:

From comments on the website,http://buharistoleouridea.com, some people claim the soundtrack was performed by Omolara Ayodele, a philosophy graduate of University of Ibadan turned singer/songwriter with the Cohbams Asuquo Music Production outfit. Is this true?  If so, why havent they come out to complain about copyright infringements?or acknowledge they sold the rights to Bluelabs?  Hmmmmm

Thank you o! While PhD holders above are still struggling to define what Intellectual Property (IP) rights mean. If Omolara is not complaining, how come it's bluelabs?
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by fxtopedia(m): 8:45am On Apr 01, 2011
I don't care who owns NAIRALAND. Some people are supporting PDP because SEUN is voting PDP.This is NONSENSE. Who knows may be baba iyabo has
paid owner of this site BRIBE to pass this information. I don't care if YOU(SEUN) ban me because of this.

VOTE PDP VOTE CURRUPTION

BB all the way!!!
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by headtoto: 8:48am On Apr 01, 2011
9ijaMan:

Why not just show us who the owners of the intellectual rights for the two videos which are freely available on YouTube? When an item becomes freely available online, you lose all financial and otherwise claims you can make for such against anyone who uses it. Perhaps google.com will be more useful for you.

Bluelabs has not come out to claim they own the free YouTube videos, or have they just woken up from their deep slumber just to be in the news for a few minutes?

the bolded is the current most stooopid thing ever said by anyone on the internet as at today.

Look, you are saying, if i write or create a song, an article or a scientific idea, and put it for free on the internet, then I have lost all claims including IP and copyrights on that item? Do you think at all?
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by usbcable(m): 8:49am On Apr 01, 2011
BUhari is not fit to govern as president:

His first stint is evidence enough:

It was his deputy that did most of the works. and yet again he is riding on the goodwill of his running mate this time around.

In his previous attempts against OBJ and yaradua he didnt have this support and no one called him messiah.

So when did he transform into one.

ANswer is: BAKARE. and bakare is more of a clergy man  rather than a leader/politician/administrator.
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by abes(m): 8:55am On Apr 01, 2011
head_to_to:

the bolded is the current most stooopid thing ever said by anyone on the internet as at today.

Look, you are saying, if i write or create a song, an article or a scientific idea, and put it for free on the internet, then I have lost all claims including IP and copyrights on that item? Do you think at all?

Whatever definition you have, it still does not give Bluelabs Limited to claim any copyrights infringement. The song belongs to Cobhams Asuquo and Omolara, not Bluelabs Limited. Get it?
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by fxtopedia(m): 8:56am On Apr 01, 2011
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by freezy(m): 8:56am On Apr 01, 2011
I think everybody has a right to vote for his or her choice.
Name calling because 'A' has decided to vote for 'B' should be the least important.
Instead of BB supporters resorting to using negative language on PDP and pro-GEJ fans, I feel they should point out more of what the BB administration has to offer. We are sick and tired of the endless castigation going on.

And like they say in them Gladiator games "May the best team win"
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by fxtopedia(m): 9:01am On Apr 01, 2011
freezy:

I think everybody has a right to vote for his or her choice.
Name calling because 'A' has decided to vote for 'B' should be the least important.
Instead of BB supporters resorting to using negative language on PDP and pro-GEJ fans, I feel they should point out more of what the BB administration has to offer. We are sick and tired of the endless castigation going on.

And like they say in them Gladiator games "May the best team win"

Good talk mate, however, same to GEJ supporters too
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by opalu: 9:02am On Apr 01, 2011
usbcable:

BUhari is not fit to govern as president:

His first stint is evidence enough:

It was his deputy that did most of the works. and yet again he is riding on the goodwill of his running mate this time around.

In his previous attempts against OBJ and yaradua he didnt have this support and no one called him messiah.

So when did he transform into one.

ANswer is: BAKARE. and bakare is more of a clergy man  rather than a leader/politician/administrator.

[size=20pt]IS IT THE SAME BAKARE THAT GALVANIZED THE LIKES OF WOLE SOYINKA, ODUMAKIN, AND MANY HIGH PROFILE NIGERIANS ACROSS THE NATION DURING THE ILLNESS OF YAR'ADUA TO LIBERATE GEJ FROM THE PANGS OF TURAI. THEY ORGANIZED RALLIES IN ABUJA, LONDON, USA TO SAVE NIGERIA. TODAY THAT SAME TUNDE BAKARE WHO SAVED JONA FROM BEING A HOUSE BOY IS NO LONGER MORE COMPETENT THAN TUNDE IDIAGBON? YOU MUST BE A JOKER[/size]
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by otukpo(f): 9:03am On Apr 01, 2011
Unfortunately for those anti-GEJ's,

The ordinary person on the streets of Lagos and down east has no other name in mind than GEJ.

The masses are not even talking of PDP but Goodluck, even ACN members.

GEJ may not be the smartest to run Nigeria but he is sure the best out of the lot contesting the presidency with him.

i am not voting party, I will vote for GEJ and BRF.
[color=#770077][/color]
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by oluwabamis(m): 9:03am On Apr 01, 2011
seun, i think you must be as neutral as possible when it comes to this election issues since you are c.e.o. of this forum.
the reason is simple, we cant have an honest analysis if the head of the forum has a candidate he supports.
you are just like a traditional ruler, who is supposed to be neutral politically for the sake of peace in his kingdom.

the same thing goes fof INEC, Judiciary and the NGOs, you happen to fall into this category.
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by akinmusi(m): 9:05am On Apr 01, 2011
I hold on firm to my opinion bluelabs should channel their grieviance to the right authority. It sounds politics to me.
We should open our eyes nd dont get blindly led.
PDP = f(corruption, social injustice and perpetrator of vices, )
if GEJ is a saint or would be a saint, he shouldnt contest under d umbrella PDP.
GEJ= f( PDP JEGALISTIC AGENDA).
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by Pataki: 9:06am On Apr 01, 2011
How really low can you GEJ fans get? cheesy

I am not disturbed with this PDP news at all. The facts are glaring that this is a PDP stunt to pull down the credibility of Buhari once again.

1. The website alleging ownership to the song never for once made mention of Omolara and Cobhams as the people involved in producing that song. The website is a PDP website.

2. A glossary view at their own version of the video showed the concept was from PDP. They showed PDP logo in that video and equally had GEJ displayed twice in that video. If indeed they are claiming Intellectual Property to that song, why must PDP umbrella be in it? Why did they refuse to mention the lady whose voice was used with the song? Why was GEJ shown in that video with a recent picture he just took and placed on facebook?!

If PDP wants to play the internet battle of maligning credible people, be rest assured that the battle has just began!

Let's see how far and low they can get. angry

Buhari/Bakare 2011!!!!
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by 9ijaMan: 9:07am On Apr 01, 2011
head_to_to:

I've told you before that you need to use the internet and make yourself aware of what IP rights entails. IP rights are claimed for items and/or inventions which originally evolves from the true owner. In this particular case, bluelab does not own the song, unless Omolara is now Bluelab personified. Until then, you've no case.

On free materials available on the internet, no one and I repeat no one can claim IP rights for materials you find on sites such as YouTube. If those materials remain on YouTube and the owners have not written Google (owners of YouTube) about any IP right, your reasoning is completely out of place. As long as those videos remain on YouTube, bluelab has no case. I hope I have made myself clearer to you!
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by opalu: 9:08am On Apr 01, 2011
oluwabamis:

seun, i think you must be as neutral as possible when it comes to this election issues since you are c.e.o. of this forum.
the reason is simple, we cant have an honest analysis if the head of the forum has a candidate he supports.
you are just like a traditional ruler, who is supposed to be neutral politically for the sake of peace in his kingdom.

the same thing goes fof INEC, Judiciary and the NGOs, you happen to fall into this category.

YOU JUST TOOK OFF THE WORDS FROM MY OWN MIND ALSO.
SEUN, BE CAREFUL. AISHA2 AND JARUS ARE LIKE COACHES BUT YOU ARE LIKE A REFREE.
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by omogidi234(m): 9:09am On Apr 01, 2011
I am really shocked the OP can post this article based on the level of his exposure. If somebody steals your idea, don't you have means of redressing the breach or the purported stealing in court? What has stealing of idea got to do with election? OP and BLUELABS LIMITED please go to court and let us hear word.
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by headtoto: 9:14am On Apr 01, 2011
opalu:

YOU JUST TOOK OFF THE WORDS FROM MY OWN MIND ALSO.
SEUN, BE CAREFUL. AISHA2 AND JARUS ARE LIKE COACHES BUT YOU ARE LIKE A REFREE.

if u have nothing good to say, drink a cup of cofee and go back to sleep.
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by headtoto: 9:15am On Apr 01, 2011
omogidi234:

I am really shocked the OP can post this article based on the level of his exposure. If somebody steals your idea, don't you have means of redressing the breach or the purported stealing in court? What has stealing of idea got to do with election? OP and BLUELABS LIMITED please go to court and let us hear word.

comot there. whats shocking in posting a news item? Did he tell you he is the one complaining?

some people dont even have brains at all.
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by twinstaiye(m): 9:16am On Apr 01, 2011
When eldee make noise about his idea that his co musicians enacted for GEJ, you BB boys were all over the net, making noise out of it, now that the tide turn to your side, you were fighting like a bull. This shows that your Buhari isnt what you think he is, better admit it.
If you BB boys dont know, you make a lot of noise on the Internet, and that wont win you the election. Seun has the right to choose whom to vote for and the the reasons he gave I agreed to it 100%. He might be the Admin, whom he is voting for is not official for nairaland, it is his personal decision. For God's sake we cant take his right to decide whom to vote from him simply because he gave us this wonderful webbie.
BB campaign hasnt come out since last week to tell us where they got the song, and it was the same song the BB campaign claimed was rejected by NTA, which you all make noise about also.
I had always said it that all of them are devils, why dont you vote for the devils you know than unknown devils, with unknown party ideology that you dont know. GEJ all d way to victory!!!
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 01, 2011
otukpo:

Unfortunately for those anti-GEJ's,

The ordinary person on the streets of Lagos and down east has no other name in mind than GEJ.

The masses are not even talking of PDP but Goodluck, even ACN members.

GEJ may not be the smartest to run Nigeria but he is sure the best out of the lot contesting the presidency with him.

i am not voting party, I will vote for GEJ and BRF.
[color=#770077][/color]

what ordinary people are you talking about ? infact where do you live not to have noticed that most people are tired of pdp.dont forget that its pdp logo that appears on the ballot paper not jonathan or gje
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by Pataki: 9:26am On Apr 01, 2011
Well, I will not say much again.

Buhari's Official Facebook Fan Webpage has said they will publish their own side of the story by 1pm today!

So all the anti-Buhari noisemakers, please continue!!! cheesy
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by opalu: 9:27am On Apr 01, 2011
twinstaiye:

When eldee make noise about his idea that his co musicians enacted for GEJ, you BB boys were all over the net, making noise out of it, now that the tide turn to your side, you were fighting like a bull. This shows that your Buhari isnt what you think he is, better admit it.
If you BB boys dont know, you make a lot of noise on the Internet, and that wont win you the election. Seun has the right to choose whom to vote for and the the reasons he gave I agreed to it 100%. He might be the Admin, whom he is voting for is not official for nairaland, it is his personal decision. For God's sake we cant take his right to decide whom to vote from him simply because he gave us this wonderful webbie.
BB campaign hasnt come out since last week to tell us where they got the song, and it was the same song the BB campaign claimed was rejected by NTA, which you all make noise about also.
I had always said it that all of them are devils, why dont you vote for the devils you know than unknown devils, with unknown party ideology that you dont know. GEJ all d way to victory!!!

THAT IS THE POINT. THIS BLUELABS OR REDLABS (WHICHEVER YOU PLEASE) IS A PAY-BACK STRATEGY FOR THE GEJ TEAM TO PAY FOR  FOR THE GROSS DAMAGE THAT THE ELDEEgate DID TO THEIR REPUTATION.
BB 2011
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by BluStreak(m): 9:28am On Apr 01, 2011
Wow! lotta peeps here needs to go back to kindergarten. I am neither here for GEJ nor BB. I am not even here to support or dispute the claims of copyright infringement by BlueLabs. I just want to clear some folks who need to understand the context of copyright and intellectual property. That I produce a song, video, lyrics, book etc, and decides to make it available online does not give right to any individual or organization to reproduce it in any other form, modify it or redistribute it and claiming its right of ownership. It can be redistributed as is with or without a written permission but with credit to the original copyright owner, anything short of this is an infringement on copyright.
Re: 'Buhari Stole Our Idea', Says Bluelabs Limited by omogidi234(m): 9:28am On Apr 01, 2011
head_to_to:

comot there. whats shocking in posting a news item? Did he tell you he is the one complaining?

some people dont even have brains at all.

I was just being polite. What I meant is that it is only a daft person that will go to the press to seek redress of purpoted infrigment on IP and it is only a daft person that will post same as an article online when the court has not pronounced on the issue. The final authority on whether a party owns an IP or not is the courts. To paste same here is even injurious and it can cost the OP some fortunes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT / Pan-yoruba Urges Southwest Nigerian State Governors To Establish O’odua Airlines / I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.