Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father (1784 Views)

Man weeps after discovering he’s not the biological father of his child. / Man Finds Out Who His Biological Father Is After Carrying Out A DNA Test (photo) / Man Slumps & Dies After DNA Test Showed He Is Not His Son's Biological Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:35am On Jan 14, 2021
The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father Who Didn't Even Know Bezos Existed Until Few Years Ago.

The last time Jeff Bezos, the 57-year-old CEO and founder of Amazon, saw his biological father, he was three years old. 

His biological father, whose name is Ted Jorgensen, was 18 when he impregnated Bezos' mother, Jacklyn Gise, who herself was 17. They were both still in high school at the time. They got married before their son was born. 

The marriage lasted only 17 months, reports Brad Stone at Bloomberg Businessweek, who has unearthed astonishing new details about Bezos' family's early years. 

Gise moved in with her parents because Jorgensen stayed out late, and drank too much, and was generally an inattentive father and husband says Stone. He agreed to a divorce, and paid a small amount of child support to Gise when he had money. Other times he missed the payments.

Three years after their divorce, Gise married another man, Miguel Bezos, a Cuban immigrant who taught himself English, and eventually worked at Exxon. Miguel adopted Jeff, and Jeff took his last name. Jorgensen had to sign off on the name change, which he did, Stone reports. 

For a brief period Jorgensen remembered the Bezos name, but through the years he forgot about it, and dropped completely out of touch with his ex-wife and his son.

Jorgensen's absence from Bezos' life was so complete that in a 1999 interview with Wired, Bezos said of Jorgensen, "I've never met him," although, in reality he lived with him for the first year of his life.

"The reality, as far as I'm concerned, is that my Dad is my natural father. The only time I ever think about it, genuinely, is when a doctor asks me to fill out a form," said Bezos in 1999.

Jorgensen, for his part, had a nearly identical attitude about Bezos. 

However, Stone managed to find Jorgensen, now 79, who owns a bike shop in Glendale, Arizona.

Here's how Jorgensen reacted when Stone introduced himself: "He had no idea what I was talking about. Jorgensen said he didn’t know who Jeff Bezos was and was baffled by my suggestion that he was the father of this famous CEO."

Stone jogged Jorgensen's memory, trotting out details about Bezos and his mother. Says Stone, "The old man’s face flushed with recognition. 'Is he still alive?' he asked, not yet fully comprehending."

Bezos' biological father had disconnected so thoroughly from Bezos life that not only did he not remember his name, and not only did he not realize his son was one of the richest men in the world, but he wasn't even sure if his son was still alive. 

Jorgensen says that in his younger days "I wasn’t a good father or a husband." He eventually quit drinking, got his act together and opened his bike shop.
He's married, but had no other children in his life beyond Bezos. 

A family friend told Stone later that Jorgensen felt overwhelmed with sadness and regret. He wants to get in touch with Bezos, but it's unclear if that will ever happen. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/jeff-bezos-biological-father-2013-10%3famp

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:35am On Jan 14, 2021
Jeff Bezos was born as Jeff Jorgenson to his father Ted Jorgenson. When he was 3, his parents got a divorce because Ted was a raging alcoholic and a deadbeat father.

Ted abandoned him and refused to pay child support after divorcing his mother. He refused to reach out to his son and totally forgot about his existence.

Jeff's mother remarried a man named Miguel Bezos.
Guess what? Her new husband Miguel legally ADOPTED Jeff and changed his surname from Jorgenson to Bezos!

Yes. His name was changed from Jeff Jorgenson, his biological father's surname, to Jeff BEZOS his stepfather's surname.

Jeff's biological father abandoned him and refused to contact him throughout his childhood and as he grew into an adult. But when news broke out that Jeff was now a billionaire and one of the richest men in the world, his biological father tried to contact him.

When interviewed by journalists, Ted said "I’m anxious about it. I would like to connect with him. I’m not in great health. I don’t plan on dying just yet but it does make me think, it plays a part in wanting to see him.
I'm his biological father and I just want to shake his hand and tell him he’s done well and be recognised as his father."

Jeff declined. Jeff refused to meet up with or acknowledge Ted till he died in 2014. Jeff did not attend the burial either.

All the times Jeff was interviewed, he said it loud and clear that he does not know or care about his biological father. That his father is Miguel Bezos who adopted him

Let us write exactly what he said, word for word.

"I've never met him. The reality, as far as I'm concerned, is that my Dad (Miguel Bezos) is my natural father. The only time I ever think about it, genuinely, is when a doctor asks me to fill out a form".

Want to know the kicker?
Jeff's father remarried, but had no other children in his life again. His only biological child was Jeff.

We know you already know the point of this story but let us reiterate it.
Deadbeat fathers deserve nothing.

If you decide to abjudicate your duties as a father, maintain that same energy when your child becomes somebody in the future.

And women, if the father of your child is a deadbeat father, you are well within your rights to change your child's surname to yours or your new husband's.

All the curses and vex against you are ineffective.
We mean, look at Jeff Bezos.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:39am On Jan 14, 2021
And for the ones who doesn't know who Jeff Bezos is, he was the Richest Man in the World till just 2 months ago...and there is still every likelihood that he is coming back to the numberone position......soon!

He is currently worth 182,000,000,000 Dollars !!!

cool cool

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by istina: 7:59am On Jan 14, 2021
For me the lesson of the story is your background shouldn't stop you from being successful in life
Your background shouldn't keep you to the ground
Your background shouldn't keep you to the back seat of life
How you start doesn't matter, what matters is finishing well.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by ouzo1(m): 8:08am On Jan 14, 2021
Moral of the story be say, make dey kain money wey go make SuyaMan turn blogger for ur case.

3 Likes

Re: The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by Eriggs: 8:33am On Jan 14, 2021

2 Likes

Re: The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by Sixfeetbelle: 2:59pm On Jan 14, 2021
For those advising their fellow guys to not fight for their child now 'because the kids will want to meet their father in the future', it does not always work.

If children are important to you, fight for them now and be the daddy they know and love. Not all deadbeat fathers are part of their children's lives today.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by JovialJune(f): 3:44pm On Jan 14, 2021
For deadbeat dads, may you receive the bezos treatment, Amen.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by NairalandSARS: 4:06pm On Jan 14, 2021
Well the deadbeat dad isn't asking for anything.

1 Like

Re: The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by Mindlog: 4:14pm On Jan 14, 2021
Such a disconnect.
Re: The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by Karleb(m): 4:47pm On Jan 14, 2021
JovialJune:
For deadbeat dads, may you receive the bezos treatment, Amen.

Also remember the deadbeat moms in your prayers.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by JovialJune(f): 4:57pm On Jan 14, 2021
Karleb:

Also remember the deadbeat moms in your prayers.

You can open a thread on dead beat moms, it is not a competition or comparison, the focus of this thread is on bezos deadbeat dad.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by crackhaus: 5:53pm On Jan 14, 2021
Cool story... cool

1 Like

Re: The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by mariahAngel(f): 9:04pm On Jan 14, 2021
Why did they feel the need to seek out the old man? For what purpose?
To punish him?
Did Jeff need his father? He's rich, so?
He was already at peace and content with his life, they had to force the guilt on the old man even when he couldn't remember.
And now, he'll probably live with the guilt till he dies of sadness. What an unforgiving wicked world!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by Saintmary(f): 1:25am On Jan 15, 2021
mariahAngel:
To punish him?
He was already at peace and content with his life, they had to force the guilt on the old man even when he couldn't remember.
And now, he'll probably live with the guilt till he dies of sadness. What an unforgiving wicked world!
I believe this is an opportunity for him to make atonement or some sort of restitution before he dies, after death, there is no such chance.
He's a lucky man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by Liposure: 2:35am On Jan 15, 2021
A lesson to all estranged parents. Never abandon the heritage of god

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:36am On Jan 16, 2021
JovialJune:

You can open a thread on dead beat moms, it is not a competition or comparison, the focus of this thread is on bezos deadbeat dad.
God bless you for this apt and mature response ma.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:37am On Jan 16, 2021
mariahAngel:
To punish him?
Saintmary:

I believe this is an opportunity for him to make atonement or some sort of restitution before he dies, after death, there is no such chance.
He's a lucky man.
Unfortunately, He his dead now!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by tobechi74: 2:23am On Jan 16, 2021
Sperm donor or father

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by Mide3367: 2:52am On Jan 16, 2021
Awwn.. The story touch me sha... He is unknowingly the father of the richest man on earth... Lesson learnt here is that we unknowingly have hidden potentials

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by Saintmary(f): 7:25am On Jan 16, 2021
post=98105406:

Sad, but such is life.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by Nostradamus: 9:52am On Mar 08, 2021
Jeff bezos cool

God bless him.my favorite billionaire(apart from the bull himself,mike adenuga jnr).
Re: The Astonishing Story Of Jeff Bezos' Biological Father by bukatyne(f): 11:55am On Mar 08, 2021
post=98105406:

Who is dead?

The biological father?

So when did this discovery take place?

@Post: na wa for the father.

How do you 'forget' a child? Or give him up for adoption just to go and flex?

(1) (Reply)

It's My Baby's First Birthday Today! / A Cheating Step-mother. What Do You Do? / What Should She Do In This Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.