Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,744 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story (17016 Views)

Policemen Detained Engineer For Having Binance App In Lagos / I Was Arrested For Having Twitter And VPN On My Phone In Ibadan - Tomiwa Oni / President Atiku #100k for nairalanders..for the love of Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by CoolUsername: 4:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
Deicide:
Watin you day use 2 laptop do?

One for anime and one for anime dating sims, why do you ask?
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by nengiscrib: 4:03pm On Jan 15, 2021
I know the guy well, we were colleagues
No be YAHOO boy at all
at all

Unclekayfarms:
Did the police asked you to switched on and enter d password of the laptops? Any exhibit found?
If u b yahoo boy forget I no get empathy for u, coz that means u and d police are d same

1 Like

Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by Unclekayfarms: 4:07pm On Jan 15, 2021
nengiscrib:
I know the guy well, we were colleagues
No be YAHOO boy at all
at all
The police are SARS officers thank God the unit is now reformed
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by OmoAkin85: 4:09pm On Jan 15, 2021
drmikeadams:

When bro?
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by ollins(m): 4:34pm On Jan 15, 2021
You made a very big error by showing them your Resident card from Netherlands.They saw you as a big fish,don't ever make that kind of mistake again whenever you are in Nigeria.They could have seized the card from you o thereby leaving you stranded in Nigeria,be careful next time
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by Akorkor(f): 4:34pm On Jan 15, 2021
Deicide:

Really?? Na wa for you ooo
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by Akorkor(f): 4:37pm On Jan 15, 2021
Tats:

There is nothing wrong with having 2 Laptops. I went to Dubai for holiday in December and had to carry my work and personal laptops, simply because I could be asked to quarantine for any reason or flights may be cancelled and I will be stuck there and not able to return to doing work in January. With my work laptop, I can work from any location I find myself, just like I have been working from home since March last year and not stepped into the office for one day since. I had planned to come to Nigeria for holiday in December but cancelled my trip due to all our Corona Virus quarantine and testing rules and I had also planned to take both laptops with me if I were coming.

Honestly, you have time explaining to that monicker. If he doesn’t know what people use 2 laptops for he should just keep quiet. Nigerians and poverty mentality
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by Okuda(m): 4:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
seborrhic:

I agree,but it's obvious this kind of stuff would continue if anytime the police arrest someone illegally,they just say,abeg,I don't want to waste my time or miss an appointment,let me settle them.
Something has to give if the police has to change and unfortunately it has to be the collective will and sacrifice of Nigerians.

yes
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by letitrainnow(m): 6:14pm On Jan 15, 2021
Wicked police
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by nemynely(m): 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
[b][/b]No company ID?. Sorry bro, but this sounds ludicrous to me.
You did your best to de-escalate, yet you couldn't pick up at least a number tag from the men in black. Hmmmm.
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by PotatoSalad(m): 7:34pm On Jan 15, 2021
Deicide:
I have 3. What's your point fuu?
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by Harrykn: 8:17pm On Jan 15, 2021
wallay77:

Someone said he wanted to catch a flight and wouldn't wanna miss his flight u are here spewing rubbish

your papa, wetin concern flight and robbery. Ahbi people wey dem dey collect money apart from this dude nor get plans. nonsense.
He paid for bail

Once you're caught in the web nothing stops money from dropping.
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by Muzee10(m): 9:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
seborrhic:

For the sake of argument,what if the police had insisted that it was that ₦500k or nothing.
Won't he have still missed his flight because he would have had to wait till the next day to either withdraw or source that kind of money?
This thing would not obviously be stopped by the government,despite the protests, so what is the solution if not collective will to do what is right?

Boss, they are some cases you would need to apply diplomacy. Most especially these rogue men in uniform called Nigeria Police. These guys don't mind to shoot you. I will advise you whenever they apprehend you do the needful by tipping dem and go your way jeje. Na My two cents I give you so oo
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by andyanders: 11:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
Unclekayfarms:
Did the police asked you to switched on and enter d password of the laptops? Any exhibit found?
If u b yahoo boy forget I no get empathy for u, coz that means u and d police are d same
You are a very useless person that reasons through his anus. Someone rushing to catch a flight? I don't blame u 'cus u don't even know any airport and has never travelled with an aircraft. Just an okada ride or legedis benz. Idiot.
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by funshybam(m): 12:32am On Jan 16, 2021
I'm so sorry for the terrible experience.. I can relate with when one is having such encounters with Nigerian Policemen.... you are practically helpless.

I think the mistake started from you riding Bolt/Taxify.... I have read many stories of some of the drivers working with kidnappers, SARS and other policemen.... he could have set you up.... any suspicion of the deiver after you booked the ride and told him your destination was airport?
Re: 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story by CrownWale93(m): 10:15am On Jan 16, 2021
I just narrate your story to a man on Facebook that is defending the Nigeria police after the death of two policemen on kogi road to pick the corpse of their colleague that died in the state. I'm still waiting for his response.
lalasticlala:
Nigerian Twitter user, Femi @3eyedpixel, who is based in Netherlands recounts how police extorted N100k from him in Lagos just because he was with his laptops.

Read his story below:

https://twitter.com/3eyedpixel/status/1349486946112962564?s=19

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cross River: Scammers Hack Gov Otu's Phone Number, Seek Financial Assistance / Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo / Photos From Northern Governors And Traditional Rulers Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.