Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria (26184 Views)

NCC Licenses Elon Musk’s Starlink To Provide Internet Service In Nigeria / List Of Places Where You Can Acess Free Internet Services In Nigeria / MTN 5G Network To Be Available In Nigeria Before 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by womenareapes: 4:49pm On Jan 15, 2021
TSTV uses head to enter Nigeria but exist with yansh!
let not make more noise and see
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:55pm On Jan 15, 2021
deepwater:
Are they coming to lay a new submarine cable or latching on to existing one?

What's a submarine cable, mbok? Does it move around in water? Thanks
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by gaddafe(m): 4:57pm On Jan 15, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
Lets see if the powers that be will allow you shake their table.

Advent of gsm in Nigeria, MTN & Econet started at N50 per minute with various silly excuses, a third player owned by Mike Adenuga came on board and promised N10 per minute. They gave him a faulty spectrum capable of sending him through Nigeria’s lenghty and expensive judicial labyrinth for years. Baba had to pipe low.

TSTV came along with pay per view and other goodies, shaking the table of DSTV. The company has been frustrated into silence and they'll only rear their ugly head when DSTV and Nigerian politicians allow them to come up for air.

There are many other instances but these two will let you know you cant just shake the table and introduce innovations without taking permission from those at the top cool

About your first example, Mtn and Econet original charges started with about N80 and it later reduced to 60 naira when Nitel entered the GSM. The GLO you are talking about shook the table by starting per second billing. Something MTN had earlier said was impossible. I was surprised when they moved to per second billing otherwise they would have been history by now.

About your second example, don't think it's over because from the look of things those guys(TSTV) have the support of the Nigerian Legislators. Anything can still happen. In the line of business, there is a lot of politics at play.

1 Like

Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by showafrica(m): 4:57pm On Jan 15, 2021
Freestainworld:
Internet will become one of the cheapest commodity in Nigeria in time to come

Its the cheapest in every other continent except Africa. Internet is the Oxygen of technology, I dont know why no one is coming up with good and cheap ideas. We are still waiting for Elun musk starlink anyways. I just want to have 1TB of data for 1k monthly with good connectivity of at least 1mb per second , is that too much to ask?

1 Like

Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by Dblaiz(f): 5:08pm On Jan 15, 2021
Shortlisted for Standard Chartered Bank job? Then you should see this. Found it really helpful...
https://myjobtests.com/practice/package/standard-chartered-aptitude-test-online-practice/
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by MIGHTYMAN82(m): 5:12pm On Jan 15, 2021
atlease dia will b no usless glo
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by dxplora: 5:13pm On Jan 15, 2021
TSTV comes to mind shocked sad
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by ugbanante: 5:18pm On Jan 15, 2021
Wow, nice one here...but can we recollect a certain satellite TV network that was licensed to rival DStv by allowing consumers pay for only what they view?
I cant remember that dream working out!

My advise to the new ISP is this; before u light the fire, make sure u have plenty of firewood to keep the fire burning.

I wish you the best...

1 Like

Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by ifex370(m): 5:19pm On Jan 15, 2021
Mysticwebb:
They should start first, every concept looks splendid in theory until practical challenges set in.

Are you minding them.. There's a lot that plays out in these sectors
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by fof1: 5:19pm On Jan 15, 2021
sofiscatedmoron:
internet is everywhere in Nigeria already

In ur Village and Hamlets?
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by Banter1(m): 5:20pm On Jan 15, 2021
You mean to provide Network in Lagos, Abuja and Rivers? lmao
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by edoairways: 5:20pm On Jan 15, 2021
bluefilm:
Unless they are going to build their own fiberoptics.

'cause if they are relying on the existing networks to provide them with such services, then they will be forced to play by the rules.

if you're in any doubts, just look at what Google, Apple and Amazon did to Parler
Exactly! Parler is not functioning well because of those tech giants
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by Phyde: 5:21pm On Jan 15, 2021
manikspears:
Just hope it won't end like tstv
TSTV is back with nice HD stations but yet to give us epl and other league matches on their sport stations.

1 Like

Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by Phyde: 5:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
Abilistic:
They should have first start their operation and clash the data prices before announcing it.

Trust our GREEDY tech giants to go after them.

TSTV comes to mind
TSTV is back sir

1 Like

Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by sofiscatedmoron: 5:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
fof1:

In ur Village and Hamlets?
Yes o, it's everywhere
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by NaijaOlosho(f): 5:27pm On Jan 15, 2021
Freestainworld:

That is if mtn will not set them up grin
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by Kayharry(m): 5:29pm On Jan 15, 2021
Good news that will turn out bad at the end .
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:33pm On Jan 15, 2021
[quote author=deepwater post=98090755]Are they coming to lay a new submarine cable or latching on to existing one?

the communication between me and you right now is not done over a satellite

A submarine communications cable is a cable laid on the sea bed between land-based stations to carry telecommunication signals across stretches of ocean and sea. Modern cables use optical fibre technology to carry digital data, which includes telephone, Internet and private data traffic. [/quote

Mehn, so people actually go under water just to lay cables... People get mind sha

Thanks for the information
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by showafrica(m): 5:36pm On Jan 15, 2021
SavageMaster:

Those were local companies, as in owned by Nigerians. This one is a "global player". I hope they can match the powers that be, and carve out a niche for themselves

Yes... The principalities and powers of wickedness in Nigeria. Doing business in Nigeria is like attempting to cross the Bermuda triangle. I believe its going to be a satellite wifi bc thats the only way it will work smoothly.
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 5:38pm On Jan 15, 2021
gaddafe:

About your first example, Mtn and Econet original charges started with about N80 and it later reduced to 60 naira when Nitel entered the GSM. The GLO you are talking about shook the table by starting per second billing. Something MTN had earlier said was impossible. I was surprised when they moved to per second billing otherwise they would have been history by now.

About your second example, don't think it's over because from the look of things those guys(TSTV) have the support of the Nigerian Legislators. Anything can still happen. In the line of business, there is a lot of politics at play.
the company im talking about owned by Adenuga isnt Glo, that company won gsm licence the same time with mtn and econet but a lot of strong interests weren't interested in such competition so they frustrated him by giving him a wrong spectrum. His bank BNP Paribas told him the implications of using that spectrum which was a lenghty and expensive litigation beforw the bank pulled out of the deal. OBJ later compensated Adenuga by giving him second national carrier licence after some years. So even the Glo you're seeing now hasn't even exhausted the full scope of their licence. About the TSTV issue, i want to be pleasently surprised, maybe you have information I'm not privy to so lets wait and see
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by sacajawea: 5:41pm On Jan 15, 2021
Stallion93:
If they’re not talking unlimited internet at nothing more than 1,500naira, we don’t want them.
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by puremaker7(m): 5:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
Phyde:

TSTV is back with nice HD stations but yet to give us epl and other league matches on their sport stations.
where are they?
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by manikspears: 5:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
Phyde:

They killed the hype now.......most people don't know it is back.

Just went to their sites to check their channels......bro if don't scrap most of those channels and replace it with better ones ,they may dissappear from the market o.

No CNN, no cartoon network, the only sensible movie channel is 1 movies, no wwe ,no epl. No fox TV(what the hell is fox life).

Correct me if I am wrong o but what I saw there is below expectation.
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by QueenVaji: 5:56pm On Jan 15, 2021
bluefilm:

'cause if they are relying on the existing networks to provide them with such services, then they will be forced to play by the rules.

if you're in any doubts, just look at what Google, Apple and Amazon did to Parler

i have tried to understand the parler stuff..can u enlighten me a bit
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by QueenVaji: 5:57pm On Jan 15, 2021
bluefilm:

i have tried to understand the parler stuff..can u enlighten me a bit please
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by bluefilm: 5:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
edoairways:

Exactly! Parler is not functioning well because of those tech giants

They gave Parler the conditions to operate and the type of views they want to be seeing on Parler.

Parler said no.

They kicked Parler out of the internet.

Just like that.
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by bluefilm: 6:07pm On Jan 15, 2021
QueenVaji:

i have tried to understand the parler stuff..can u enlighten me a bit

The monstrous entity called Big Tech comprising of Google, Apple, Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc, decided that Parler is allowing views that instigate violence on the Parler website and app.

Parler said that they stand for free speech and as such they are not going to restrict anything anyone says on their site and they are not going to block Donald Trump and his MAGA followers like facebook, Twitter and Instagram has done.

Google and apple host the Parler app on their Stores while amazon provides hosting services to Parler website.

So since Parler didn't want to play by the rules spelt out by the Satanic big Tech, big Tech subsequently kicked Parler out of existence!

The Parler CEO said they will be back.

But when...?
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by TemmyT002(m): 6:10pm On Jan 15, 2021
You want to crash cost of internet in Nigeria? Olúwa a fún yín ṣe.
May you be successful in that endeavor.
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by QueenVaji: 6:11pm On Jan 15, 2021
bluefilm:

The monstrous entity called Big Tech comprising of Google, Apple, Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc, decided that Parler is allowing views that instigate violence on the Parler website and app.

Parler said that they stand for free speech and as such they are not going to restrict anything anyone says on their site and they are not going to block Donald Trump and his MAGA followers like facebook, Twitter and Instagram has done.

Google and apple host the Parler app on their Stores while amazon provides hosting services to Parler website.

So since Parler didn't want to play by the rules spelt out by the Satanic big Tech, big Tech subsequently kicked Parler out of existence!

The Parler CEO said they will be back.

But when...?

oh..thank u
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by emilfischer(m): 6:16pm On Jan 15, 2021
Let's see what they are capable of.
Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by brandsoncharlie: 6:24pm On Jan 15, 2021
Freestainworld:

Re: E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria by Onuoha1234(m): 6:31pm On Jan 15, 2021
Internet service in Nigeria is the worst in this world. The existing providers are a compromised unpatriotic cabal. They will frustrate EFT out of business. What a country!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Devastated After Purchasing Iphone X With Android Features / Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians / List Of The Most Worst And Common Passwords Of 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.