Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. (4599 Views)

What Is Currently Making You To Feel Depressed. / How My Friend Wasted His ₦1.2M Life Savings Within 3 Months In Port Harcourt / Help!!! I Feel Depressed And Insecure Because I Have A Small D*ck. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by Iamdbull: 6:52pm On Jan 16, 2021
I decided to open a new account to post this, as I am posting this am holding tears back because am inside a bus from Lagos back to my base in Ogun state.

The last thing I want in my life is to be a public figure because am a strong introvert and I hardly go out, I just want to be left alone.

Now during this festive period I travelled to my home state and on getting home, everyone was just talking about my old song and they were disturbing me to freestyle for them.

Deep down this started making me feel like am not following my purpose in life, I started having this feeling that on my dying bed I will live to regret that I didnt following my music career and thinking about the number of people my music could have put smile on their faces. I will never forgive myself, because what is life when you cant use your talent to be of service to humanity.

When I see younger artiste like Omah lay, Bella schmurda, etc I start feeling jealous and envious and the last thing I want is to be envious of another man's success.

Now even though everywhere was a lively mood and everywhere bubbling in the studio. On going home I started becoming depressed looking at the amount of money I spent on recording ( I really wanted the best so I decided to work with an expensive professional sound engineer that worked on Wizkid made in lagos album.

I can't tell anybody about what I did because I will be mocked at home for spending such an amount on my useless music career(as they will say at home). Tears is beginning to roll down my eyes as I write this but fortunately everywhere is dark.

I am panicking and feeling the song will be wack when it comes out and am a good for nothing person. I can't hold back tears in the bus.

Below is a picture of when I was invited by glo to come and perform but I bleeped it up because I was too shy to perform well in front of the crowd, Tuface, D'banj, don jazzy, Wizkid were all present

The reason why am writing this here is because nairaland is my only home. it's my only family. I love you all

12 Likes

Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by gasparpisciotta: 6:59pm On Jan 16, 2021
Who told you that you still can’t blow in your music career?

Larry Gaga, Fatai Rolling dollars should encourage you and stop being an introvert

Doing what you love should give you joy and ultimately money would follow

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by SweetBuns(f): 7:12pm On Jan 16, 2021
take a leaf from burna boys story
take a leaf from dbanj story
take a leaf from olamides story
take a leaf from adekunle golds story
not everyone starts out rich and famous like Davido
most were nobody, the only thing they had was their brain and voice.
dont lose hope

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by spinna: 7:16pm On Jan 16, 2021
when u have accepted their useless music career label.. if ur heart wasnt encouraging u why did u go on? if u dont believe in urself no one will..even when others dont believe u must

success in music or any biz is marketing..even a link for us to hear the new track u didnt post..
no one will come nd wake you up on ur bed 2 hear ur track.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by Angelacruz: 7:35pm On Jan 16, 2021
Dont give up bro...keep fighting

1 Like

Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 16, 2021
Well, what is done is done. All you have to do is hold on to the rail and hope for the best.

In any case, he who risks nothing, profits nothing. Remain optimistic. Maybe you could be the next Davido.

And even if it doesn't work out, you've learnt one more thing that you should not do in future. As Thomas Edison is reported to have said on his finally perfecting the invention of a light bulb after over a thousand attempts:

"I didn't fail a thousand times, the light bulbs merely took a thousand steps to invent"

and in another quote;

"I've just discovered a thousand ways that don't work"

Congratulations for taking the plunge. Millions never have the courage to go through. They only plan and plan and plan and end up nowhere. At least you're on the way. Remember, the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step; even if that first step is a stumble.

Good luck.

8 Likes

Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by atilla(m): 7:44pm On Jan 16, 2021
Bro keep your head up
Many people would wish they could do what you did but are stick with jobs debts and families.

Life is short enjoy the journey and learn from this opportunity you made for yourself no matter what happens

1 Like

Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by GeneralPula: 7:47pm On Jan 16, 2021
So what exactly are you saying ?

3 Likes

Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by Advision: 8:00pm On Jan 16, 2021
@Iamdbull

Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

If you want to pursue a career in music, pursue it with all your mind. No regrets.

If youll rather do something else, do it without looking back at music.

A double minded man is already a failure at heart.
Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by johnkey: 8:05pm On Jan 16, 2021
what should i now say if you are complaining, i've written well over 20 good songs that has the tendency to blow if i see better producer but they are there wasting in the jotter. i have already shared the songs into EP and album and the ones i will release as singles. person wey get cap no dey get head sometimes

4 Likes

Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by Meedon: 8:16pm On Jan 16, 2021
Bro.

You did the right thing.

Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 16, 2021
sorry bro...we live and we learn

God's light will shine on us someday, keep fighting regardless

1 Like

Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by Kiddogarcia(m): 8:37pm On Jan 16, 2021
Bro every upcoming and even the one you call established musicians are going through the same thing,if you know how much your fav are really praying for hits bro,just keep doing what you know best
Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by tobechi74: 8:42pm On Jan 16, 2021
You want nairaland to patronise your song when it is released
Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by LikeAking: 8:48pm On Jan 16, 2021
Drop d link to ur jam make we make u blow.
Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by LMS1(m): 9:25pm On Jan 16, 2021
SUCH A TACTICAL WAY OF PROMOTING YOUR MUSIC,BUT DONT DULGE INTO MUSIC BECAUSE OF ENVY AND WEALTH, U GO JUST FALL AFTER ONE HIT TRACK!
Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by kingemaker(m): 9:35pm On Jan 16, 2021
It's part of the process bro, keep calm and continue the hustle wink

Late 2019, Omah Lay was in a one room apartment, reconsidering his chosen career..look at where he is today. Don't give up bro, you still have a chance of "blowing".
Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by Kvngfrosh(m): 10:00pm On Jan 16, 2021
Joy is coming
Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by brownemmanuel43(m): 10:06pm On Jan 16, 2021
This shows that u are not ready to pursue your music career.
No link to access your music, u only came here to condemn yourself all by yourself.

2 Likes

Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by Hateandthunder: 10:15pm On Jan 16, 2021
Smoke better az before you mount that stage next time. Wizzy baba go confam am

1 Like

Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by Iamdbull: 10:26pm On Jan 16, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
Who told you that you still can’t blow in your music career?

Larry Gaga, Fatai Rolling dollars should encourage you and stop being an introvert

Doing what you live should give you joy and ultimately money would follow
Thanks alot I really appreciate this
Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by mascot345: 10:36pm On Jan 16, 2021
Iamdbull:
I decided to open a new account to post this, as I am posting this am holding tears back because am inside a bus from Lagos back to my base in Ogun state.

The last thing I want in my life is to be a public figure because am a strong introvert and I hardly go out, I just want to be left alone.

Now during this festive period I travelled to my home state and on getting home, everyone was just talking about my old song and they were disturbing me to freestyle for them.

Deep down this started making me feel like am not following my purpose in life, I started having this feeling that on my dying bed I will live to regret that I didnt following my music career and thinking about the number of people my music could have put smile on their faces. I will never forgive myself, because what is life when you cant use your talent to be of service to humanity.

When I see younger artiste like Omah lay, Bella schmurda, etc I start feeling jealous and envious and the last thing I want is to be envious of another man's success.

Now even though everywhere was a lively mood and everywhere bubbling in the studio. On going home I started becoming depressed looking at the amount of money I spent on recording ( I really wanted the best so I decided to work with an expensive professional sound engineer that worked on Wizkid made in lagos album.

I can't tell anybody about what I did because I will be mocked at home for spending such an amount on my useless music career(as they will say at home). Tears is beginning to roll down my eyes as I write this but fortunately everywhere is dark.

I am panicking and feeling the song will be wack when it comes out and am a good for nothing person. I can't hold back tears in the bus.

Below is a picture of when I was invited by glo to come and perform but I bleeped it up because I was too shy to perform well in front of the crowd, Tuface, D'banj, don jazzy, Wizkid were all present

The reason why am writing this here is because nairaland is my only home. it's my only family. I love you all

How much did you spend?... I can help you out.
chat me on Whatsapp 08036161871.
Don't give up.

1 Like

Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by olanrewaju93375: 11:28pm On Jan 16, 2021
sorry bro...we live and we learn
God's light will shine on us someday, keep fighting regardless
Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by zanshi: 11:46pm On Jan 16, 2021
Hop on soundcloud it is the only cheap and effective way you can get listening to your songs before you take it mainstream
Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by Iamdbull: 11:51pm On Jan 16, 2021
SweetBuns:
take a leaf from burna boys story

take a leaf from dbanj story

take a leaf from olamides story

take a leaf from adekunle golds story

not everyone starts out rich and famous like Davido

most were nobody, the only thing they had was their brain and voice.

dont lose hope
I really appreciate your encouragement from the bottom of my heart, May Almighty bless you
Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by Iamdbull: 1:39am On Jan 17, 2021
spinna:
when u have accepted their useless music career label.. if ur heart wasnt encouraging u why did u go on? if u dont believe in urself no one will..even when others dont believe u must

success in music or any biz is marketing..even a link for us to hear the new track u didnt post..
no one will come nd wake you up on ur bed 2 hear ur track.

thanks alot I just recorded today so it's not out yet
Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by Richsteemit: 1:53am On Jan 17, 2021
A film that I watch today is similar to your story a little bit but the film ends well after the main character left her sin and found God.
Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by Iamdbull: 10:57am On Jan 17, 2021
Angelacruz:
Dont give up bro...keep fighting
Thanks alot I really appreciate
Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by Angelacruz: 11:41am On Jan 17, 2021
Uwc
Iamdbull:
Thanks alot I really appreciate
Re: I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed. by Iamdbull: 1:44pm On Jan 17, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
Well, what is done is done. All you have to do is hold on to the rail and hope for the best.

In any case, he who risks nothing, profits nothing. Remain optimistic. Maybe you could be the next Davido.

And even if it doesn't work out, you've learnt one more thing that you should not do in future. As Thomas Edison is reported to have said on his finally perfecting the invention of a light bulb after over a thousand attempts:

"I didn't fail a thousand times, the light bulbs merely took a thousand steps to invent"

and in another quote;

"I've just discovered a thousand ways that don't work"

Congratulations for taking the plunge. Millions never have the courage to go through. They only plan and plan and plan and end up nowhere. At least you're on the way. Remember, the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step; even if that first step is a stumble.

Good luck.
I really appreciate this sir thank you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / MouthAction, intimacy gadgets And Other Unspeakable Things - Kingsley Okonkwo / An Hausa Man Harassed My Mother Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.